Life is too short to be taken seriously. -- Oscar Wilde

arts / rec.arts.tv / "Latine"-- the Latest Insultingly Woke Attempt to Change the Spanish Language

SubjectAuthor
* "Latine"-- the Latest Insultingly Woke Attempt to Change the Spanish LanguageBTR1701
+- Re: "Latine"-- the Latest Insultingly Woke Attempt to Change the Spanish LanguagIan J. Ball
`* Re: "Latine"-- the Latest Insultingly Woke Attempt to Change the Spanish Languagtrotsky
 `* Re: "Latine"-- the Latest Insultingly Woke Attempt to Change the Spanish LanguagUbiquitous
  `- Re: "Latine"-- the Latest Insultingly Woke Attempt to Change the Spanish LanguagIan J. Ball

1
"Latine"-- the Latest Insultingly Woke Attempt to Change the Spanish Language

<p6WdnX0389t864D7nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222364&group=rec.arts.tv#222364

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: "Latine"-- the Latest Insultingly Woke Attempt to Change the
Spanish Language
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 18:50:09 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 18:50 UTC

Since "Latinks" didn't work out for them and gets them roundly mocked at
best and vilified at worst by actual Latinos, the wokesters are now making
a second attempt at changing the Spanish language for people who didn't ask
for it and are quite happy with it just the way it is with the introduction
of "Latine".

Taking an informal poll of my household, the girlfriend, who is of
Colombian ethnicity and speaks fluent Spanish, finds this one even worse
than latinks, sounding so close, as it does, to 'latrine".

---------------
https://www.axios.com/2024/04/11/latino-latinx-latine-hispanic-term-explainer

"Latine," a gender-neutral way to describe or refer to people with Latino
origins, is surging in popularity on university campuses, in museums, and
among researchers and media.

Re: "Latine"-- the Latest Insultingly Woke Attempt to Change the Spanish Language

<uvk19q$fg5j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222368&group=rec.arts.tv#222368

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Spanish Language
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:05:14 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 20:05 UTC

On 4/15/24 11:50 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

> Since "Latinks" didn't work out for them and gets them roundly mocked at
> best and vilified at worst by actual Latinos, the wokesters are now making
> a second attempt at changing the Spanish language for people who didn't ask
> for it and are quite happy with it just the way it is with the introduction
> of "Latine".
>
> Taking an informal poll of my household, the girlfriend, who is of
> Colombian ethnicity and speaks fluent Spanish, finds this one even worse
> than latinks, sounding so close, as it does, to 'latrine".
>
> ---------------
> https://www.axios.com/2024/04/11/latino-latinx-latine-hispanic-term-explainer
>
> "Latine," a gender-neutral way to describe or refer to people with Latino
> origins, is surging in popularity on university campuses, in museums, and
> among researchers and media.

Yeah, I noticed this use exploding in admin Emails since Spring Break.
"LatinX" must have polled horrendously for them to have dumped it so quick.

I find it much less obnoxious that "LatinX" (which is every bit as
derogatory as "Generation X" is/was).

But it's still obnoxious: just stick with Latino/Latina - What's the
problem?!!

Re: "Latine"-- the Latest Insultingly Woke Attempt to Change the Spanish Language

<17c693377bca439d$138661$3565594$c2d58868@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222372&group=rec.arts.tv#222372

Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 17:02:54 -0500
Subject: Re: "Latine"-- the Latest Insultingly Woke Attempt to Change the Spanish Language
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 22:02 UTC

On 4/15/24 1:50 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Since "Latinks" didn't work out for them and gets them roundly mocked at
> best and vilified at worst by actual Latinos, the wokesters are now making
> a second attempt at changing the Spanish language for people who didn't ask
> for it and are quite happy with it just the way it is with the introduction
> of "Latine".

Are you actually claiming this has a worse connotation than "anonyshit?"
A you such an incredibly stupid fuck that you don't realize you don't
have a legitimate identity and look like a stupid fucking hypocrite when
you comment on other's? Near as I can tell you're a black trans woman.
Thus you really should shut the fuck up you hypocritical troon.

> Taking an informal poll of my household, the girlfriend, who is of
> Colombian ethnicity and speaks fluent Spanish, finds this one even worse
> than latinks, sounding so close, as it does, to 'latrine".
>
> ---------------
> https://www.axios.com/2024/04/11/latino-latinx-latine-hispanic-term-explainer
>
> "Latine," a gender-neutral way to describe or refer to people with Latino
> origins, is surging in popularity on university campuses, in museums, and
> among researchers and media.

Re: "Latine"-- the Latest Insultingly Woke Attempt to Change the Spanish Language

<uvof2a$1j6pg$13@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222476&group=rec.arts.tv#222476

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 04:30:55 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

gmsingh@email.com wrote:

> Are you actually claiming this has a worse connotation than "anonyshit?"

You tell us, "trotsky"; Your much more familair with that than anyone else.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "Latine"-- the Latest Insultingly Woke Attempt to Change the Spanish Language

<uvofmb$1jj8r$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222478&group=rec.arts.tv#222478

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Spanish Language
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 05:35:23 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 12:35 UTC

On 4/17/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> gmsingh@email.com wrote:
>
>> Are you actually claiming this has a worse connotation than "anonyshit?"
>
> You tell us, "trotsky"; Your much more familair with that than anyone else.

Is it my imagination, or was that whole post Trot's weakest "retort"
yet, by far?!

If this is the level of his "game" now, the dude needs to just slink
away and retire...