Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around us in awareness. -- James Thurber

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Goldsmith's "Ave Satani"

SubjectAuthor
* Goldsmith's "Ave Satani"BTR1701
+* Re: Goldsmith's "Ave Satani"The Horny Goat
|`* Re: Goldsmith's "Ave Satani"Adam H. Kerman
| `- Re: Goldsmith's "Ave Satani"The Horny Goat
+- Re: Goldsmith's "Ave Satani"moviePig
`- Re: Goldsmith's "Ave Satani"Adam H. Kerman

1
Goldsmith's "Ave Satani"

<nQmdnWAvfab7UYH7nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222306&group=rec.arts.tv#222306

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Goldsmith's "Ave Satani"
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 06:42:46 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 06:42 UTC

Last week I was given an assignment from JoAnne Kane Music Prep to engrave
Jerry Goldsmith's "Ave Satani" from THE OMEN for the L.A. Philharmonic to
perform as part of some marketing tie-in to the new OMEN movie that was
recently released.

Now the music software I use (Finale) uses its own proprietary unit of
measurement to define where everything is placed on the page, the margins, the
spaces between notes and staff lines, etc. It’s called an EVPU. When I was
done with this piece, I had two out of the twelve pages that totaled an
average measure length of 6.666 EVPUs. I've never had *any* page come out to
that number in any other piece I've ever worked on.

I feel like maybe I need to contact the local parish and have a priest come
over and spiritually cleanse my computer.

Re: Goldsmith's "Ave Satani"

<kdkp1j15137n800uuvaak167gv5rrvgtu1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222310&group=rec.arts.tv#222310

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Goldsmith's "Ave Satani"
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 00:06:21 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 07:06 UTC

On Mon, 15 Apr 2024 06:42:46 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>I feel like maybe I need to contact the local parish and have a priest come
>over and spiritually cleanse my computer.

Hope you're joking - your puter is only a tool which can only be
righteous or otherwise in the hands of its owner.

Re: Goldsmith's "Ave Satani"

<17c68258a456dc42$103385$3268579$10d55a65@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222348&group=rec.arts.tv#222348

Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 12:53:45 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: nev...@nothere.com (moviePig)
 by: moviePig - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 16:53 UTC

On 4/15/2024 2:42 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Last week I was given an assignment from JoAnne Kane Music Prep to engrave
> Jerry Goldsmith's "Ave Satani" from THE OMEN for the L.A. Philharmonic to
> perform as part of some marketing tie-in to the new OMEN movie that was
> recently released.
>
> Now the music software I use (Finale) uses its own proprietary unit of
> measurement to define where everything is placed on the page, the margins, the
> spaces between notes and staff lines, etc. It’s called an EVPU. When I was
> done with this piece, I had two out of the twelve pages that totaled an
> average measure length of 6.666 EVPUs. I've never had *any* page come out to
> that number in any other piece I've ever worked on.
>
> I feel like maybe I need to contact the local parish and have a priest come
> over and spiritually cleanse my computer.

The Number Of The Beats...

Re: Goldsmith's "Ave Satani"

<uvjn34$d412$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222350&group=rec.arts.tv#222350

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 17:11:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 17:11 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>Last week I was given an assignment from JoAnne Kane Music Prep to engrave
>Jerry Goldsmith's "Ave Satani" from THE OMEN for the L.A. Philharmonic to
>perform as part of some marketing tie-in to the new OMEN movie that was
>recently released.

>Now the music software I use (Finale) uses its own proprietary unit of
>measurement to define where everything is placed on the page, the margins, the
>spaces between notes and staff lines, etc. It's called an EVPU. When I was
>done with this piece, I had two out of the twelve pages that totaled an
>average measure length of 6.666 EVPUs. I've never had *any* page come out to
>that number in any other piece I've ever worked on.

>I feel like maybe I need to contact the local parish and have a priest come
>over and spiritually cleanse my computer.

Hahahahahahahaha

Goldsmith reached out from beyond the grave to have his little joke.

Re: Goldsmith's "Ave Satani"

<uvjn6n$d412$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222351&group=rec.arts.tv#222351

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 17:12:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 17:12 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>On Mon, 15 Apr 2024 06:42:46 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>I feel like maybe I need to contact the local parish and have a priest come
>>over and spiritually cleanse my computer.

>Hope you're joking - your puter is only a tool which can only be
>righteous or otherwise in the hands of its owner.

My computer was used for the last several days for tax preparation work
on a number of tax returns. The Internal Revenue Code was written in
Hell and the computer is absolutely a cursed object.

I don't agree with you.

Re: Goldsmith's "Ave Satani"

<vbuq1j9tg8cvg3hhaqa9inqlr4eqo3rfr9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222365&group=rec.arts.tv#222365

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 12:01:43 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 19:01 UTC

On Mon, 15 Apr 2024 17:12:55 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>>On Mon, 15 Apr 2024 06:42:46 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>>>I feel like maybe I need to contact the local parish and have a priest come
>>>over and spiritually cleanse my computer.
>
>>Hope you're joking - your puter is only a tool which can only be
>>righteous or otherwise in the hands of its owner.
>
>My computer was used for the last several days for tax preparation work
>on a number of tax returns. The Internal Revenue Code was written in
>Hell and the computer is absolutely a cursed object.
>
>I don't agree with you.

You are fortunate - the Canadian deadline is 04/30 and I've not even
started yet...