From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.news-media,alt.journalism
Subject: Fox News Anchor Isn Satisfied When Former Congressman Self-Censors, Calls Hamas ‘Bad_People’
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 04:30:45 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner stopped former Rep. Patrick Murphy (D-PA)
cold, chastising him during a Thursday morning appearance for referring to
Hamas terrorists as simply �bad people.�

Faulkner voiced her surprise at the fact that Murphy � a combat paratrooper
and the first Iraq War veteran to serve in Congress � would not use harsher
terms to describe the terrorists who had slaughtered more than 1,200 Israelis
on October 7 and routinely used Palestinian children as human shields.

�We absolutely need to understand that he is in a vise, in a sense, because
we have to bring Hamas to justice,� Murphy said of President Joe Biden,
acknowledging the fact that even members of his own party were pressuring
Biden to push back harder on Israel.

�We have to make a priority of the 130 hostages, including Americans. We
gotta get them there. And so, the debate really isn�t really about bringing
them to justice � and by the way, Hamas is an offshoot of the Muslim
Brotherhood. They are bad people,� he said.

�The problem is, is that on the other side, and this is why people are upset
with the uncommitted vote, is the fact that there�s been 32,000 innocent
folks that are not part of Hamas that have been killed,� Murphy continued,
citing the death toll provided by the Hamas-controlled Gaza Health Ministry.

Faulkner cut in then, rebuffing the former congressman for his use of the
term �bad people.�

�You know what, describing Hamas � and you served in the military � so, it
boggles my mind why you would describe them simply as �bad people.� They put
babies in ovens. They tortured women. And those women who were raped �� she
said.

�I can�t say what I really want to say about them �cause we�re on TV,� Murphy
protested, interrupting.

�You can say whatever you want,� Harris replied.

�Well, I don�t want to curse,� from Murphy.

�Well, we can say the truth without cuss words,� Faulkner suggested, adding,
�The women who were raped, who survived, were not even believed by the United
Nations for months. This is more than just the vise on the other side or some
bad people who�ve done some things. By the way, that 130 plus number, my
heart is with you, my heart and prayers are with those families, but
yesterday, Hamas said they probably couldn�t come up with 50 to meet the
release agreement. I don�t know if that means the rest are dead, they can�t
find them, they�ve sold them off to Islamist Jihad and these other groups. We
are playing with the devil here. So that�s what�s on one side. � It seems
like an easy thing to do as an ally. If [Biden] wants to struggle as a human
being that sounds like personal time.�

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Fox News Anchor Isn Satisfied When Former Congressman Self-Censors, Calls Hamas Bad_People

<20240412155827.000038cf@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222087&group=rec.arts.tv#222087

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Fox News Anchor Isn Satisfied When Former Congressman
Self-Censors, Calls Hamas Bad_People
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 15:58:27 -0400
 by: Rhino - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 19:58 UTC

On Fri, 12 Apr 2024 04:30:45 -0400
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner stopped former Rep. Patrick Murphy
> (D-PA) cold, chastising him during a Thursday morning appearance for
> referring to Hamas terrorists as simply “bad people.”
>
> Faulkner voiced her surprise at the fact that Murphy — a combat
> paratrooper and the first Iraq War veteran to serve in Congress —
> would not use harsher terms to describe the terrorists who had
> slaughtered more than 1,200 Israelis on October 7 and routinely used
> Palestinian children as human shields.
>
> “We absolutely need to understand that he is in a vise, in a sense,
> because we have to bring Hamas to justice,” Murphy said of President
> Joe Biden, acknowledging the fact that even members of his own party
> were pressuring Biden to push back harder on Israel.
>
> “We have to make a priority of the 130 hostages, including Americans.
> We gotta get them there. And so, the debate really isn’t really about
> bringing them to justice — and by the way, Hamas is an offshoot of
> the Muslim Brotherhood. They are bad people,” he said.

It's blindingly obvious to me that the hostages held by Hamas are one
thing and one thing only: a bargaining chip that they can use to trade
for Hamas members, especially senior members, that are in Israeli
jails. Several years back, Hamas kidnapped a single soldier named Gilal
Shalit and held him from five years. The Israelis were keen to get him
back and finally agreed to release many HUNDREDS of Hamas prisoners in
to get Shalit back. Hamas saw that this strategy got many of their
fighters back so they planned an operation that would hopefully bring
in many more hostages. That operation took place this past Oct. 7.

It sounds like this Congressman is saying the Israelis need to offer
more and more of the imprisoned Hamas members, especially senior ones,
to "sweeten the pot" for Hamas to release the Israeli and foreign
hostages. If that is indeed his strategy, then he is certainly not a
friend of Israel. Releasing so many top terrorists from Israeli jails
is only going to bite Israel in the ass - HARD - in coming years as
those liberated terrorists plan even more devastating operations
against Israel. (If I'm not mistaken, Yahyah Sinwar, one of the top
Hamas leaders and planners of the Oct 7 operation was one of the
terrorists released in exchange for Gilal Shalit.)

> “The problem is, is that on the other side, and this is why people
> are upset with the uncommitted vote, is the fact that there’s been
> 32,000 innocent folks that are not part of Hamas that have been
> killed,” Murphy continued, citing the death toll provided by the
> Hamas-controlled Gaza Health Ministry.
>
> Faulkner cut in then, rebuffing the former congressman for his use of
> the term “bad people.”
>
> “You know what, describing Hamas — and you served in the military —
> so, it boggles my mind why you would describe them simply as ‘bad
> people.’ They put babies in ovens. They tortured women. And those
> women who were raped —” she said.
>
> “I can’t say what I really want to say about them ’cause we’re on
> TV,” Murphy protested, interrupting.
>
> “You can say whatever you want,” Harris replied.
>
> “Well, I don’t want to curse,” from Murphy.

Someone should get Murphy a thesaurus. He'll find there are plenty of
family-friendly words he can use to express his thoughts. Words like
"evil", to name just one example....

--
Rhino

Re: Fox News Anchor Isn Satisfied When Former Congressman Self-Censors, Calls Hamas Bad_People

<uvoebs$1j6pg$10@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222474&group=rec.arts.tv#222474

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 04:30:52 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 08:30 UTC

no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner stopped former Rep. Patrick Murphy
>> (D-PA) cold, chastising him during a Thursday morning appearance for
>> referring to Hamas terrorists as simply “bad people.”
>>
>> Faulkner voiced her surprise at the fact that Murphy — a combat
>> paratrooper and the first Iraq War veteran to serve in Congress —
>> would not use harsher terms to describe the terrorists who had
>> slaughtered more than 1,200 Israelis on October 7 and routinely used
>> Palestinian children as human shields.
>>
>> “We absolutely need to understand that he is in a vise, in a sense,
>> because we have to bring Hamas to justice,” Murphy said of President
>> Joe Biden, acknowledging the fact that even members of his own party
>> were pressuring Biden to push back harder on Israel.
>>
>> “We have to make a priority of the 130 hostages, including Americans.
>> We gotta get them there. And so, the debate really isn’t really about
>> bringing them to justice — and by the way, Hamas is an offshoot of
>> the Muslim Brotherhood. They are bad people,” he said.
>>
>It's blindingly obvious to me that the hostages held by Hamas are one
>thing and one thing only: a bargaining chip that they can use to trade
>for Hamas members, especially senior members, that are in Israeli jails.

I think it's more likely most of them are dead and they're trying to delay
revealing that for as long as possible.

--
Let's go Brandon!