Subject: Re: Joe Biden Now Leads Donald Trump in Ten Polls
From: Phil3...@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (The_LA_Flash)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 22:05:06 +0000
 by: The_LA_Flash - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 22:05 UTC

> Jim Dietrich wrote:
> (wait until Trump's in a prison jumpsuit!)
>

> Joe Biden Now Leads Donald Trump in Ten Polls
>

> Published Apr 15, 2024
>

> With seven months to go until the presidential election, incumbent

> President Joe Biden is beating his Republican challenger Donald
Trump in a
> series of recent polls.
>
> The Democrat is leading Trump in ten separate polls conducted in
the last
> month, although experts have cautioned that it is still too early
to call
> the election and Trump is polling higher than Biden in other polls
too.

> Below, Newsweek has listed the polls in which Biden is leading
Trump.

> Newsweek contacted representatives for Trump and Biden by email to
comment
> on this story.
> Joe Biden
> Joe Biden at a meeting with Japan's Prime Minister, Fumio Kishida,
and
> President of the Philippines, Ferdinand Marcos Jr. The president is

> enjoying success in several polls ahead of the presidential
election. Photo
> by Andrew Harnik/Getty Images
>
> 1. Florida Atlantic University and Mainstreet
> Sign up for Newsletter Newsletter
> The Bulletin
> Your Morning Starts Here
> Begin your day with a curated outlook of top news around the world
and why
> it matters.
>

> I want to receive special offers and promotions from Newsweek
> By clicking on SIGN ME UP, you agree to Newsweek's Terms of Use
& Privacy
> Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
>
> This poll found that 47 percent will vote for Biden come polling
day while
> 45 percent expressed support for Trump. However, when all voters
were
> included the two drew, both receiving 44 percent of the vote.
>
> This poll was conducted between March 15 to March 17 with a sample
of 1,053
> adults. The margin of error is +/- 3.0 percent.
>
> 2. RMG Research
>
> In a poll of 1679 voters conducted between April 1 and April 4, 44
percent
> of high propensity voters said they would vote for Biden if an
election
> were held today, while 43 percent said they would vote for Trump.
>
> The margin of error for the poll is 2.4 percent.
> Read more
>
> Republicans get warning sign in state Trump won
> Joe Biden gets poll boost in key swing state
> Is Joe Biden the favorite now?
>
> 3. Data for Progress
>
> A survey of 1,200 likely voters conducted between March 27 and
March 29
> found that 47 percent would vote for Biden while 46 percent would
vote for
> Trump.
>
> The margin of error is +/- 3 percentage points.
>
> 4. Ipsos
>
> An April Ipsos poll for Reuters found that 41 percent of registered
voters
> would vote for Biden compared to 37 percent who would vote for
Trump. The
> survey has a 4 percentage point margin of error and e. Ipsos polled
833
> registered voters between April 5 and 9 in this survey.
>
> 5. Quinnipiac University
>
> A March 27 poll of 1,407 registered voters found that 48 percent of
voters
> support Biden and 45 percent support Trump. The margin of error is
+/- 2.6
> percentage points.
>
> 6. Marquette Law School
>
> Conducted between March 18 and March 2028, this poll of likely
voters found
> that 45 percent would vote for Biden and 44 percent would vote for
Trump.
> However, the poll of registered voters found that 44 percent would
vote for
> Trump and 42 percent for Biden.
>
> 7. Marist College
>
> A Marist College poll of 1,305 people for NPR found that Biden has
the
> support of 50 percent of registered voters and Trump has the
support of 48
> percent. The poll was conducted between March 25 and March 28 and
involved
> 1,199 people.
>
> There was a margin of error of +/- 3.7 percentage points.
>
> 8. I&I/TIPP
>
> A poll of 1,265 registered voters revealed that 43 percent support
Biden
> and 40 percent support Trump. The April 3 to April 5 poll has a
margin of
> error of +/- 2.8 percentage points.
>
> 9. Noble Predictive
>
> According to a poll of 2510 registered voters, 44 percent would
vote for
> Biden while 43 percent would vote for Trump.
>
> The poll was conducted from March 11 to March 15 and the margin of
error is
> +/- 2 percent.
>
> 10. Progress Action Fund
>
> A poll released by the Democratic super PAC Progress Action Fund
and
> conducted by Public Policy Polling showed Biden leading Trump 46
percent to
> 45 percent. The poll, which was first shared with the Hill, has a
margin of
> error of +/- 3.4 percentage points. It was conducted between March
12 and
> March 13 and surveyed 837 registered voters.
>
> Heath Brown, an associate professor of public policy at City
University of
> New York, told Newsweek on Thursday that the race was "very
close."

> "The polling over the last several months indicate this is a
very close
> race. I wouldn't read too much into any one or two polls at this
point. The
> trend seems to be that the campaign will be a very tight one and I
suspect
> the polls will reflect that until November."
>
> The election will take place on 5 November. Until then, polls and
> commentary will continue to drive speculation about the result of
the
> election.

After 2016, I've learned NOT to trust the polls, but I do like your
post and hope the polls are right.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=94286021#94286021