It's better to be wanted for murder that not to be wanted at all. -- Marty Winch

interests / rec.food.cooking / Our dinners last night

SubjectAuthor
* Our dinners last nightDave Smith
+* Re: Our dinners last nightitsjoannotjoann@webtv.net
|`- Re: Our dinners last nightBruce
+- Re: Our dinners last nightDave Smith
+- Re: Our dinners last nightTransition Zone
`* Re: Our dinners last nightTransition Zone
 `- Re: Our dinners last nightGary

1
Our dinners last night

<kG4YK.199446$elEa.96623@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222831&group=rec.food.cooking#222831

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Subject: Our dinners last night
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 18:32:47 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 22:32 UTC

We took our son and daughter in law to dinner last night in honour of
his birthday. We went to a place a couple blocks from their house
because we knew they liked it and we had been there once before for
brunch and loved it. It was great. No wonder they like it so much.
They have a limited menu but it was a major plus for me that one of
their choices was schnitzel with spaetzle and red cabbage salad. That
was my choice, and it was great. It was undoubtedly the best schnitzel I
ever had, even better than what I had in Germany.

My wife had grilled duck breast on spaetzle. I tried some of hers and it
was delicious. My son had Goulash, which he said was delicious. DiL had
their soup, cauliflower with dill and spaetzle and a rustic beet salad.

Aside from the great food, it was a very sociable experience. My son's
neighbours were there and we met them. We also ran into a couple we know
who are good friends of my nephew and who live near us. The guy is a one
of the top wine makers around, not just locally, but internationally.

Good food and good times.

Re: Our dinners last night

<2c9e5117-f2e9-4474-87ff-7c3a8f0f1fd5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222834&group=rec.food.cooking#222834

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 15:46:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Our dinners last night
From: itsjoann...@webtv.net (itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net)
 by: itsjoannotjoann@webt - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 22:46 UTC

On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 5:32:55 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> We took our son and daughter in law to dinner last night in honour of
> his birthday. We went to a place a couple blocks from their house
> because we knew they liked it and we had been there once before for
> brunch and loved it. It was great. No wonder they like it so much.
> They have a limited menu but it was a major plus for me that one of
> their choices was schnitzel with spaetzle and red cabbage salad. That
> was my choice, and it was great. It was undoubtedly the best schnitzel I
> ever had, even better than what I had in Germany.
>
> My wife had grilled duck breast on spaetzle. I tried some of hers and it
> was delicious. My son had Goulash, which he said was delicious. DiL had
> their soup, cauliflower with dill and spaetzle and a rustic beet salad.
>

> Aside from the great food, it was a very sociable experience. My son's
> neighbours were there and we met them. We also ran into a couple we know
> who are good friends of my nephew and who live near us. The guy is a one
> of the top wine makers around, not just locally, but internationally.
>
> Good food and good times.

YAY!!! I'm glad everybody had such great food and a great time.

Re: Our dinners last night

<rW4YK.21323$I0A5.17725@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222835&group=rec.food.cooking#222835

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 18:49:58 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 22:49 UTC

On 2022-09-25 6:32 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:

> Aside from the great food, it was a very sociable experience. My son's
> neighbours were there and we met them. We also ran into a couple we know
> who are good friends of my nephew and who live near us. The guy is a one
> of the top wine makers around, not just locally, but internationally.
>
> Good food and good times.

I forgot to mention the dessert... apple Strudel.They make it fresh
daily. It was the best strudel I have had in years.

Re: Our dinners last night

<6d93d308-35c8-42b6-a4ba-c0d9752cc95fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222836&group=rec.food.cooking#222836

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 15:53:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: mogu...@hotmail.com (Transition Zone)
 by: Transition Zone - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 22:53 UTC

On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 6:32:55 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> We took our son and daughter in law to dinner last night in honour of
> his birthday. We went to a place a couple blocks from their house
> because we knew they liked it and we had been there once before for
> brunch and loved it. It was great. No wonder they like it so much.
> They have a limited menu but it was a major plus for me that one of
> their choices was schnitzel with spaetzle and red cabbage salad. That
> was my choice, and it was great. It was undoubtedly the best schnitzel I
> ever had, even better than what I had in Germany.
>
> My wife had grilled duck breast on spaetzle. I tried some of hers and it
> was delicious. My son had Goulash, which he said was delicious. DiL had
> their soup, cauliflower with dill and spaetzle and a rustic beet salad.
>
> Aside from the great food, it was a very sociable experience. My son's
> neighbours were there and we met them. We also ran into a couple we know
> who are good friends of my nephew and who live near us. The guy is a one
> of the top wine makers around, not just locally, but internationally.
>
> Good food and good times.

Re: Our dinners last night

<4ea2785c-e27d-470c-8398-f216d24f9151n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222837&group=rec.food.cooking#222837

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 15:53:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: mogu...@hotmail.com (Transition Zone)
 by: Transition Zone - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 22:53 UTC

On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 6:32:55 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> We took our son and daughter in law to dinner last night in honour of
> his birthday. We went to a place a couple blocks from their house
> because we knew they liked it and we had been there once before for
> brunch and loved it. It was great. No wonder they like it so much.
> They have a limited menu but it was a major plus for me that one of
> their choices was schnitzel with spaetzle and red cabbage salad. That
> was my choice, and it was great. It was undoubtedly the best schnitzel I
> ever had, even better than what I had in Germany.
>
> My wife had grilled duck breast on spaetzle. I tried some of hers and it
> was delicious.

I've sometimes wondered why people use duck sauce.

Re: Our dinners last night

<jpc9mkFe6vmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222867&group=rec.food.cooking#222867

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 10:22:40 +1000
 by: Bruce - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 00:22 UTC

On Sun, 25 Sep 2022 15:46:31 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net"
<itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net> wrote:

>On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 5:32:55 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> Aside from the great food, it was a very sociable experience. My son's
>> neighbours were there and we met them. We also ran into a couple we know
>> who are good friends of my nephew and who live near us. The guy is a one
>> of the top wine makers around, not just locally, but internationally.
>>
>> Good food and good times.
>>
>YAY!!! I'm glad everybody had such great food and a great time.

Will you have a skip in your step today?

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Re: Our dinners last night

<tgs30a$3nghs$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222918&group=rec.food.cooking#222918

From: g.maj...@att.net (Gary)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 07:38:50 -0400
 by: Gary - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 11:38 UTC

Transition Zone wrote:
> I've sometimes wondered why people use duck sauce.

Very good dip for Chinese spring rolls.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Our dinners last night