This unit... must... survive.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Sunday night supper

SubjectAuthor
* Sunday night supperDave Smith
`* Re: Sunday night supperMichael Trew
 +* Re: Sunday night supperDave Smith
 |`* Re: Sunday night supperMichael Trew
 | `- Re: Sunday night supperBruce
 `* Re: Sunday night supperEd Pawlowski
  `- Re: Sunday night supperBruce

1
Sunday night supper

<105YK.522282$iiS8.489909@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222838&group=rec.food.cooking#222838

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Subject: Sunday night supper
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 18:55:56 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 22:55 UTC

Roasted chicken. We have a 3-1/2 chicken roasted... plain Jane model,
just salt, pepper and a little paprika. There are roasted potatoes and
carrots and some steamed green beans to go with it. Megatron cracked
open a bottle of Pinot Noir to go with it. That has been tested and
approved.

Dessert is plum Claffouti.

Re: Sunday night supper

<rA7YK.67562$Ve%5.26694@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222881&group=rec.food.cooking#222881

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Sunday night supper
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 21:51:19 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 01:51 UTC

On 9/25/2022 18:55, Dave Smith wrote:
> Roasted chicken. We have a 3-1/2 chicken roasted... plain Jane model,
> just salt, pepper and a little paprika. There are roasted potatoes and
> carrots and some steamed green beans to go with it. Megatron cracked
> open a bottle of Pinot Noir to go with it. That has been tested and
> approved.
>
> Dessert is plum Claffouti.

Leftovers here, nothing exciting. I haven't roasted a whole chicken in
a while. I usually only do that if someone's coming over. Do you save
the carcass and scraps for stock? They certainly don't deserve to go
out the window.

I've never heard of plum Claffouti. It seems that it is some kind of
custard with plums?

Re: Sunday night supper

<R_7YK.28792$SqO3.6353@fx02.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222884&group=rec.food.cooking#222884

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 22:19:28 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 02:19 UTC

On 2022-09-25 9:51 p.m., Michael Trew wrote:
> On 9/25/2022 18:55, Dave Smith wrote:
>> Roasted chicken. We have a 3-1/2 chicken roasted... plain Jane model,
>> just salt, pepper and a little paprika. There are roasted potatoes and
>> carrots and some steamed green beans to go with it. Megatron cracked
>> open a bottle of Pinot Noir to go with it. That has been tested and
>> approved.
>>
>> Dessert is plum Claffouti.
>
> Leftovers here, nothing exciting.  I haven't roasted a whole chicken in
> a while.  I usually only do that if someone's coming over.  Do you save
> the carcass and scraps for stock?  They certainly don't deserve to go
> out the window.
>
> I've never heard of plum Claffouti.  It seems that it is some kind of
> custard with plums?

We do whole chickens a couple times a month. We get a nice chicken
dinner, some chicken sandwiches and enough left over for a leftovers
dinner.

Claffouti is an incredible delicious dessert that is like a cross
between custard and crepes. It can be made with the classic cherries, or
with peaches, apricots or plums. It is so easy to make. Preheat the
oven and grease a backing dish. Put milk, sugar, egg, flour and a dash
of vanilla in the blender and whizz it up. Lay the fruit in the greased
pan, add the batter mix and bake. It cane be served warm or cold.

It is amazing that it is so simple to make and so good. I don't know
why it is not way more popular.

Re: Sunday night supper

<L18YK.687953$BKL8.301507@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222886&group=rec.food.cooking#222886

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 22:22:33 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 02:22 UTC

On 9/25/2022 9:51 PM, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 9/25/2022 18:55, Dave Smith wrote:
>> Roasted chicken. We have a 3-1/2 chicken roasted... plain Jane model,
>> just salt, pepper and a little paprika. There are roasted potatoes and
>> carrots and some steamed green beans to go with it. Megatron cracked
>> open a bottle of Pinot Noir to go with it. That has been tested and
>> approved.
>>
>> Dessert is plum Claffouti.
>
> Leftovers here, nothing exciting.  I haven't roasted a whole chicken in
> a while.  I usually only do that if someone's coming over.

Hmmm, good inspiration. I may go to BJs tomorrow. If I do, I'll get a
chicken and spatchcock it and put it on the grill Tuesday. Good for at
least four meals.

I don't save the carcass. I usually send it UPS to a guy in New York.
He tosses it out the window to feed the critters. I don't have a window
in my kitchen.

Re: Sunday night supper

<jpcgr0Ff6iiU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222887&group=rec.food.cooking#222887

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 12:24:29 +1000
 by: Bruce - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 02:24 UTC

On Sun, 25 Sep 2022 22:22:33 -0400, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>On 9/25/2022 9:51 PM, Michael Trew wrote:
>> On 9/25/2022 18:55, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> Roasted chicken. We have a 3-1/2 chicken roasted... plain Jane model,
>>> just salt, pepper and a little paprika. There are roasted potatoes and
>>> carrots and some steamed green beans to go with it. Megatron cracked
>>> open a bottle of Pinot Noir to go with it. That has been tested and
>>> approved.
>>>
>>> Dessert is plum Claffouti.
>>
>> Leftovers here, nothing exciting.  I haven't roasted a whole chicken in
>> a while.  I usually only do that if someone's coming over.
>
>Hmmm, good inspiration. I may go to BJs tomorrow. If I do, I'll get a
>chicken and spatchcock it and put it on the grill Tuesday. Good for at
>least four meals.
>
>I don't save the carcass. I usually send it UPS to a guy in New York.
>He tosses it out the window to feed the critters. I don't have a window
>in my kitchen.

And maybe you don't want to attract "critters" in Florida.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Re: Sunday night supper

<%SPYK.522682$iiS8.21196@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223242&group=rec.food.cooking#223242

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 00:14:54 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 04:14 UTC

On 9/25/2022 22:19, Dave Smith wrote:

> Claffouti is an incredible delicious dessert that is like a cross
> between custard and crepes. It can be made with the classic cherries, or
> with peaches, apricots or plums. It is so easy to make. Preheat the oven
> and grease a backing dish. Put milk, sugar, egg, flour and a dash of
> vanilla in the blender and whizz it up. Lay the fruit in the greased
> pan, add the batter mix and bake. It cane be served warm or cold.
>
> It is amazing that it is so simple to make and so good. I don't know why
> it is not way more popular.

Thanks, I'll have to try that some time.

Re: Sunday night supper

<jpi1peFatpjU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223251&group=rec.food.cooking#223251

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 14:44:24 +1000
 by: Bruce - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 04:44 UTC

On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 00:14:54 -0400, Michael Trew
<michael.trew@att.net> wrote:

>On 9/25/2022 22:19, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> Claffouti is an incredible delicious dessert that is like a cross
>> between custard and crepes. It can be made with the classic cherries, or
>> with peaches, apricots or plums. It is so easy to make. Preheat the oven
>> and grease a backing dish. Put milk, sugar, egg, flour and a dash of
>> vanilla in the blender and whizz it up. Lay the fruit in the greased
>> pan, add the batter mix and bake. It cane be served warm or cold.
>>
>> It is amazing that it is so simple to make and so good. I don't know why
>> it is not way more popular.

Because nobody can spell it.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

interests / rec.food.cooking / Sunday night supper