Acting is an art which consists of keeping the audience from coughing.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024

SubjectAuthor
* Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024Robin Miller
`* Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024Ian J. Ball
 `* Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024Robin Miller
  `* Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024Ian J. Ball
   +* Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024Ian J. Ball
   |+* Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024Robin Miller
   ||`- Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024anim8rfsk
   |`- Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024anim8rfsk
   `- Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024anim8rfsk

1
Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024

<l8iu8fF43l7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222855&group=rec.arts.tv#222855

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 18:34:46 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 22:34 UTC

RM: The programming list for Monday through Friday will be posted later
tonight.

Saturday, April 20

High Hopes [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Hulu)

“High Hopes” is a workplace reality series following Belarus-born
brothers Slava and Mishka, and their stoned crew through the trials and
tribulations of taking their cannabis business to new heights. As one of
the oldest cannabis dispensaries in Hollywood, MMD attracts a wild mix
of weed-loving customers and is a home away from home for their OG
employees who work hard and smoke harder! This season builds to their
biggest day of the year­4.20­as the gang attempts to expand nationwide
and release their own top-shelf cannabis brand. Will they find what
they’re looking for or will their hopes go up in smoke? Six episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InJ1u2cpA-E

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31815506/

Soweto Blaze (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

A hyper-stylised stoner-comedy set in Soweto, South Africa: A small-time
pot dealer’s attempts at making a better life for himself are ambushed
when his dim-witted friends sweep him up in a wacky kidnapping scheme
involving a feisty young woman with her own plans. Not on IMDb?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu7iRweGrQo

https://www.netflix.com/title/81616772

TMZ Presents: Hollywood Is High (documentary) (3:01 am, Tubi)

From ayahuasca retreats to ketamine therapy, celebrities and scientists
alike explore the healing powers and potential pitfalls of modern-day
drugs. Previously announced for March 13.

https://tubitv.com/movies/100017869/tmz-presents-hollywood-is-high

My Child Has My Doctor's Face (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Young Henry is the light of Jessica and Dylan’s life, but when Jessica
discovers that his biological father is actually their fertility doctor,
Dr. Bellamy, she teams up with another one of the doctor’s clients to
bring him to justice before he can destroy any more families. Stars
Natalie Polisson [Jessica], Daniel O'Reilly [Dr. Bellamy], Jason Tobias
[Dylan] and Kelsey Fordham [other client].

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31187510/

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/my-child-has-my-doctors-face

Falling in Love in Niagara (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

After her fiancé leaves her before their wedding, Madeline goes to
Niagara Falls to honeymoon without him. There, she reconnects with her
adventurous side, learns to let go, and finds new love. Stars Jocelyn
Hudon and Dan Jeannotte.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/falling-in-love-in-niagara

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31727947/

Predator v Prey [new] (8 pm, BBC America)

Predator v Prey follows the fortunes of the world’s most formidable apex
predators, including lions, wolves, and crocodiles as they pit
themselves against fearsome opponents such as bison, wildebeest and
elephants in the ultimate battle for survival. Three episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3QYv9tzdqE

https://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/predator-v-prey--1067655

Sunday, April 21

Have You Seen My Son? (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

When a mother convicted of a horrible crime is released from prison,
she’s determined to find out where her child vanished to while she was
away. But when her journey leads her down a winding path that puts her
life in danger, she realizes that finding the truth might come at the
cost of her freedom. Stars Sarah Smyth and Catherine Lough Haggquist.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/have-you-seen-my-son

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30833223/ [as "My Kidnapped Son"]

Blue Carbon: Nature's Hidden Power (special) (9 pm, CNN)

https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2024/03/20/cnn-films-blue-carbon-natures-hidden-power-premieres-on-sunday-april-21-at-9pm-et-pt-on-cnn/

The Jinx–Part Two [new] (10 pm, HBO)

Documentary: Andrew Jarecki's riveting 2015 HBO miniseries The Jinx
featured one of the most shocking endings in the history of true-crime
TV and also went on to win a pair of Emmys, a TCA Award, and a Peabody.
Now Jarecki and his team of producers return for a follow-up series
covering the final eight years in the life of Robert Durst—a period that
saw him finally convicted of murder and charged with yet another crime
just prior to his 2022 death while in custody. The first of six episodes
airs tonight. Listed by some sources as season 2 of the original series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShYl5K8Nlq8

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-jinx-the-life-and-deaths-of-robert-durst/season-2/
[score 74]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4299972/

What Would You Do? (season 16 finale) (10 pm, ABC)

Alex & Jack (season 1/limited series finale) (10 pm, PBS)

Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024

<v01j50$3tpto$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222862&group=rec.arts.tv#222862

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:29:36 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 23:29 UTC

On 4/20/24 3:34 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> RM: The programming list for Monday through Friday will be posted later
> tonight.
>

>         Saturday, April 20
>

> High Hopes       [new; complete season 1]         (3:01 am, Hulu)
>
> “High Hopes” is a workplace reality series following Belarus-born
> brothers Slava and Mishka, and their stoned crew through the trials and
> tribulations of taking their cannabis business to new heights. As one of
> the oldest cannabis dispensaries in Hollywood, MMD attracts a wild mix
> of weed-loving customers and is a home away from home for their OG
> employees who work hard and smoke harder! This season builds to their
> biggest day of the year­4.20­as the gang attempts to expand nationwide
> and release their own top-shelf cannabis brand. Will they find what
> they’re looking for or will their hopes go up in smoke? Six episodes.

Hard pass.

> My Child Has My Doctor's Face     (movie)      (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Young Henry is the light of Jessica and Dylan’s life, but when Jessica
> discovers that his biological father is actually their fertility doctor,
> Dr. Bellamy, she teams up with another one of the doctor’s clients to
> bring him to justice before he can destroy any more families. Stars
> Natalie Polisson [Jessica], Daniel O'Reilly [Dr. Bellamy], Jason Tobias
> [Dylan] and Kelsey Fordham [other client].
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31187510/
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/my-child-has-my-doctors-face

I've decided to skip this - I think I'd rather watch "Night Swim" off
Peacock (in Glorious 4k!?!) tonight.

But a Lifetime flick not starring anyone I care about (or have ever
heard of!) counts heavily against subject matter that I also am not
interested it! IOW: pass!

> Falling in Love in Niagara       (movie)       (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> After her fiancé leaves her before their wedding, Madeline goes to
> Niagara Falls to honeymoon without him. There, she reconnects with her
> adventurous side, learns to let go, and finds new love. Stars Jocelyn
> Hudon and Dan Jeannotte.
>
> https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/falling-in-love-in-niagara
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31727947/

I like Hudon, but even the ads make this look dreadful. (IOW, there's no
way to make Niagara look "good"!!)

>         Sunday, April 21
>

> Have You Seen My Son?      (movie)      (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> When a mother convicted of a horrible crime is released from prison,
> she’s determined to find out where her child vanished to while she was
> away. But when her journey leads her down a winding path that puts her
> life in danger, she realizes that finding the truth might come at the
> cost of her freedom. Stars Sarah Smyth and Catherine Lough Haggquist.
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/have-you-seen-my-son
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30833223/    [as "My Kidnapped Son"]

Yeah, I will likely watch this.

> What Would You Do?      (season 16 finale)       (10 pm, ABC)

Not watch this dreadful show!!

Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024

<l8j2bcF4lrbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222863&group=rec.arts.tv#222863

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 19:44:36 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 23:44 UTC

Ian J. Ball wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31727947/
>
> I like Hudon, but even the ads make this look dreadful. (IOW, there's no
> way to make Niagara look "good"!!)
>

>>          Sunday, April 21
>>

>> Have You Seen My Son?      (movie)      (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>
>> When a mother convicted of a horrible crime is released from prison,
>> she’s determined to find out where her child vanished to while she was
>> away. But when her journey leads her down a winding path that puts her
>> life in danger, she realizes that finding the truth might come at the
>> cost of her freedom. Stars Sarah Smyth and Catherine Lough Haggquist.
>>
>> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/have-you-seen-my-son
>>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30833223/    [as "My Kidnapped Son"]
>
> Yeah, I will likely watch this.
>
>> What Would You Do?      (season 16 finale)       (10 pm, ABC)

Have UPtv and Hallmark Mystery given up on Sunday nights? For that
matter, has Hallmark Mystery had any premieres since the name change?

Their website says they have a premiere on Friday night:

https://www.hallmarkmystery.com/curious-caterer-foiled-plans

And they are Hallmark Mystery, not Hallmark Mystery Channel as I was
thinking.

--Robin

Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024

<v01ktg$3u3jd$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222865&group=rec.arts.tv#222865

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:59:44 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 23:59 UTC

On 4/20/24 4:44 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 4/20/24 3:34 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>>> RM: The programming list for Monday through Friday will be posted
>>> later tonight.
>>>

>>>          Saturday, April 20
>>>

>>> My Child Has My Doctor's Face     (movie)      (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>>
>>> Young Henry is the light of Jessica and Dylan’s life, but when
>>> Jessica discovers that his biological father is actually their
>>> fertility doctor, Dr. Bellamy, she teams up with another one of the
>>> doctor’s clients to bring him to justice before he can destroy any
>>> more families. Stars Natalie Polisson [Jessica], Daniel O'Reilly [Dr.
>>> Bellamy], Jason Tobias [Dylan] and Kelsey Fordham [other client].
>>>
>>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31187510/
>>>
>>> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/my-child-has-my-doctors-face
>>
>> I've decided to skip this - I think I'd rather watch "Night Swim" off
>> Peacock (in Glorious 4k!?!) tonight.
>>
>> But a Lifetime flick not starring anyone I care about (or have ever
>> heard of!) counts heavily against subject matter that I also am not
>> interested it! IOW: pass!
>>
>>> Falling in Love in Niagara       (movie)       (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>>>
>>> After her fiancé leaves her before their wedding, Madeline goes to
>>> Niagara Falls to honeymoon without him. There, she reconnects with
>>> her adventurous side, learns to let go, and finds new love. Stars
>>> Jocelyn Hudon and Dan Jeannotte.
>>>
>>> https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/falling-in-love-in-niagara
>>>
>>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31727947/
>>
>> I like Hudon, but even the ads make this look dreadful. (IOW, there's
>> no way to make Niagara look "good"!!)
>>

>>>          Sunday, April 21
>>>

>>> Have You Seen My Son?      (movie)      (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>>
>>> When a mother convicted of a horrible crime is released from prison,
>>> she’s determined to find out where her child vanished to while she
>>> was away. But when her journey leads her down a winding path that
>>> puts her life in danger, she realizes that finding the truth might
>>> come at the cost of her freedom. Stars Sarah Smyth and Catherine
>>> Lough Haggquist.
>>>
>>> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/have-you-seen-my-son
>>>
>>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30833223/    [as "My Kidnapped Son"]
>>
>> Yeah, I will likely watch this.
>>
>>> What Would You Do?      (season 16 finale)       (10 pm, ABC)
>>
>> Not watch this dreadful show!!
>
> Have UPtv and Hallmark Mystery given up on Sunday nights?

UP is like Ion in that its (new) movie releases seem *very* seasonal -
IOW, they do ("new") movies around Christmas time, and almost no other
time throughout the year. (UP may do a few movies at other times, but
it's rare.)

> For that
> matter, has Hallmark Mystery had any premieres since the name change?

A few. But very few.

When Hallmark lost most of their headliners to GAFfe channel, it
obliterated their mystery movie series, and Hallmark Mystery mostly got
out of doing them as a result.

They tried to launch a "Aurora Teagarden" mystery "reboot" with Skyler
Samuels, and one or two other new "mystery" series, but I'm not sure any
of them got beyond *one* initial movie (which isn't much of a "series"!!)

> Their website says they have a premiere on Friday night:
>
> https://www.hallmarkmystery.com/curious-caterer-foiled-plans

OK, so that answers that - the new Nikki DeLoach mystery series got past
one movie.

But I don't think any other "new" mystery movie series have...

> And they are Hallmark Mystery, not Hallmark Mystery Channel as I was
> thinking.
>
> --Robin

Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024

<v01lgb$3u6kr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222866&group=rec.arts.tv#222866

From: ijb...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 17:09:46 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 21 Apr 2024 00:09 UTC

On 4/20/24 4:59 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 4/20/24 4:44 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>
>> Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>
>> Have UPtv and Hallmark Mystery given up on Sunday nights?
>
> UP is like Ion in that its (new) movie releases seem *very* seasonal -
> IOW, they do ("new") movies around Christmas time, and almost no other
> time throughout the year. (UP may do a few movies at other times, but
> it's rare.)
>
>> For that matter, has Hallmark Mystery had any premieres since the name
>> change?
>
> A few. But very few.
>
> When Hallmark lost most of their headliners to GAFfe channel, it
> obliterated their mystery movie series, and Hallmark Mystery mostly got
> out of doing them as a result.
>
> They tried to launch a "Aurora Teagarden" mystery "reboot" with Skyler
> Samuels, and one or two other new "mystery" series, but I'm not sure any
> of them got beyond *one* initial movie (which isn't much of a "series"!!)
>
>> Their website says they have a premiere on Friday night:
>>
>> https://www.hallmarkmystery.com/curious-caterer-foiled-plans
>
> OK, so that answers that - the new Nikki DeLoach mystery series got past
> one movie.
>
> But I don't think any other "new" mystery movie series have...
>
>> And they are Hallmark Mystery, not Hallmark Mystery Channel as I was
>> thinking.
>>
>> --Robin

Interesting. According to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hallmark_Channel_Original_Movies#2024

Hallmark Mystery is planning to do more "(Young) Aurora Teagarden"
flicks with Skyler Samuels. In addition, they seem to be starting up
another mystery series starring Jodie Sweetin (blech!). And are actually
bringing back "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" for more movies!?!!

Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024

<l8j80qF5e8gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222868&group=rec.arts.tv#222868

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 21:21:23 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Sun, 21 Apr 2024 01:21 UTC

Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 4/20/24 4:59 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 4/20/24 4:44 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>>> Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>>
>>> Have UPtv and Hallmark Mystery given up on Sunday nights?
>>
>> UP is like Ion in that its (new) movie releases seem *very* seasonal -
>> IOW, they do ("new") movies around Christmas time, and almost no other
>> time throughout the year. (UP may do a few movies at other times, but
>> it's rare.)
>>
>>> For that matter, has Hallmark Mystery had any premieres since the
>>> name change?
>>
>> A few. But very few.
>>
>> When Hallmark lost most of their headliners to GAFfe channel, it
>> obliterated their mystery movie series, and Hallmark Mystery mostly
>> got out of doing them as a result.
>>
>> They tried to launch a "Aurora Teagarden" mystery "reboot" with Skyler
>> Samuels, and one or two other new "mystery" series, but I'm not sure
>> any of them got beyond *one* initial movie (which isn't much of a
>> "series"!!)
>>
>>> Their website says they have a premiere on Friday night:
>>>
>>> https://www.hallmarkmystery.com/curious-caterer-foiled-plans
>>
>> OK, so that answers that - the new Nikki DeLoach mystery series got
>> past one movie.
>>
>> But I don't think any other "new" mystery movie series have...
>>
>>> And they are Hallmark Mystery, not Hallmark Mystery Channel as I was
>>> thinking.
>>>
>>> --Robin
>
> Interesting. According to this:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hallmark_Channel_Original_Movies#2024
>

> Hallmark Mystery is planning to do more "(Young) Aurora Teagarden"
> flicks with Skyler Samuels. In addition, they seem to be starting up
> another mystery series starring Jodie Sweetin (blech!). And are actually
> bringing back "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" for more movies!?!!

I like Skyler Samuels, so that's a positive. I didn't realize Hallmark
had lost so many stars to GAF.

--Robin

Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024

<118634109.735358289.397181.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222869&group=rec.arts.tv#222869

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 19:27:13 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 21 Apr 2024 02:27 UTC

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Ian J. Ball wrote:

>>> UP is like Ion in that its (new) movie releases seem *very* seasonal -
>>> IOW, they do ("new") movies around Christmas time, and almost no other
>>> time throughout the year. (UP may do a few movies at other times, but
>>> it's rare.)

>>> A few. But very few.
>>>
>>> When Hallmark lost most of their headliners to GAFfe channel, it
>>> obliterated their mystery movie series, and Hallmark Mystery mostly
>>> got out of doing them as a result.
>>>
>>> They tried to launch a "Aurora Teagarden" mystery "reboot" with Skyler
>>> Samuels, and one or two other new "mystery" series, but I'm not sure
>>> any of them got beyond *one* initial movie (which isn't much of a
>>> "series"!!)

>>> OK, so that answers that - the new Nikki DeLoach mystery series got
>>> past one movie.
>>>
>>> But I don't think any other "new" mystery movie series have...

>> Interesting. According to this:
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hallmark_Channel_Original_Movies#2024
>>

>> Hallmark Mystery is planning to do more "(Young) Aurora Teagarden"
>> flicks with Skyler Samuels. In addition, they seem to be starting up
>> another mystery series starring Jodie Sweetin (blech!). And are actually
>> bringing back "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" for more movies!?!!
>>

> I like Skyler Samuels, so that's a positive. I didn't realize Hallmark
> had lost so many stars to GAF.

GAK!

> --Robin

Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024

<1018645547.735358350.372199.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222870&group=rec.arts.tv#222870

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 19:27:14 -0700

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 4/20/24 4:59 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 4/20/24 4:44 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>>> Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>>
>>> Have UPtv and Hallmark Mystery given up on Sunday nights?
>>
>> UP is like Ion in that its (new) movie releases seem *very* seasonal -
>> IOW, they do ("new") movies around Christmas time, and almost no other
>> time throughout the year. (UP may do a few movies at other times, but
>> it's rare.)
>>
>>> For that matter, has Hallmark Mystery had any premieres since the name
>>> change?
>>
>> A few. But very few.
>>
>> When Hallmark lost most of their headliners to GAFfe channel, it
>> obliterated their mystery movie series, and Hallmark Mystery mostly got
>> out of doing them as a result.
>>
>> They tried to launch a "Aurora Teagarden" mystery "reboot" with Skyler
>> Samuels, and one or two other new "mystery" series, but I'm not sure any
>> of them got beyond *one* initial movie (which isn't much of a "series"!!)
>>
>>> Their website says they have a premiere on Friday night:
>>>
>>> https://www.hallmarkmystery.com/curious-caterer-foiled-plans
>>
>> OK, so that answers that - the new Nikki DeLoach mystery series got past
>> one movie.
>>
>> But I don't think any other "new" mystery movie series have...
>>
>>> And they are Hallmark Mystery, not Hallmark Mystery Channel as I was
>>> thinking.
>>>
>>> --Robin
>
> Interesting. According to this:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hallmark_Channel_Original_Movies#2024
>

> Hallmark Mystery is planning to do more "(Young) Aurora Teagarden"
> flicks with Skyler Samuels. In addition, they seem to be starting up
> another mystery series starring Jodie Sweetin (blech!). And are actually
> bringing back "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" for more movies!?!!

They’re self-destructing

Re: Selected programming for April 20-21, 2024

<636074545.735358515.038389.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=222871&group=rec.arts.tv#222871

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 19:27:15 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 21 Apr 2024 02:27 UTC

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 4/20/24 4:44 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>
>> Ian J. Ball wrote:

>>> I've decided to skip this - I think I'd rather watch "Night Swim" off
>>> Peacock (in Glorious 4k!?!) tonight.
>>>
>>> But a Lifetime flick not starring anyone I care about (or have ever
>>> heard of!) counts heavily against subject matter that I also am not
>>> interested it! IOW: pass!

>>> I like Hudon, but even the ads make this look dreadful. (IOW, there's
>>> no way to make Niagara look "good"!!)

>>> Yeah, I will likely watch this.

>>> Not watch this dreadful show!!
>>
>> Have UPtv and Hallmark Mystery given up on Sunday nights?
>
> UP

I can’t get UP

is like Ion in that its (new) movie releases seem *very* seasonal -
> IOW, they do ("new") movies around Christmas time,

So July then

and almost no other
> time throughout the year. (UP may do a few movies at other times, but
> it's rare.)

I can’t get UP, not even rarely

>> For that
>> matter, has Hallmark Mystery had any premieres since the name change?
>
> A few. But very few.
>
> When Hallmark lost most of their headliners to GAFfe channel, it
> obliterated their mystery movie series, and Hallmark Mystery mostly got
> out of doing them as a result.
>
> They tried to launch a "Aurora Teagarden" mystery "reboot" with Skyler
> Samuels,

And without Alexa Doig