From: judithla...@gmx.com (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: German producers warn of food shortages
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 23:21:00 -0400
 by: Judith Latham - Tue, 27 Sep 2022 03:21 UTC

Manufacturers of both frozen and fresh products say they cannot cope
with soaring energy costs

Germany’s frozen and fresh food producers have warned that rising energy
prices may soon force them to stop operations, according to Die Welt.

“There are significant supply gaps in the daily food supply for people
in Germany. The situation is more than serious,” an open letter from the
industry said.

“Companies now fear that production lines will soon come to a standstill
and that refrigerated logistics centers for food distribution will be
closed. Some are even preparing for possible insolvency.”

The letter was initiated by the German Frozen Food Institute and the
Association of German Cold Storage and Logistics Companies, and signed
by five other industry groups. It was addressed to Chancellor Olaf
Scholz, Federal Minister of Economics Robert Habeck and Federal Minister
for Food Cem Ozdemir.

According to the authors of the letter, the financial standing of food
producers is deteriorating every day, which could soon result in a wave
of bankruptcies in the industry. They warn that government intervention
is needed to salvage the situation. In particular, they are calling for
financial support for energy-intensive medium-sized producers in the
deep-freeze chain.

“The food industry is currently experiencing the worst crisis since the
end of the Second World War… It’s a minute to twelve. Act now –
otherwise the refrigerators and freezers of the German population will
soon be empty,” the letter urges.

Germany, along with the broader EU, is facing a sharp rise in energy
prices and a record inflation surge amid intensifying anti-Russian
sanctions and a policy of abandoning Russian fuel.

The situation could also soon lead to energy rationing and shortages.
The frozen food industry is particularly susceptible to energy supply
problems, due to its strong reliance on electricity for freezers.

https://thepressunited.com/updates/german-producers-warn-of-food-shortages-welt/?utm_source=wnd&utm_medium=wnd&utm_campaign=syndicated

Re: German producers warn of food shortages

<05a69d95-7d91-4dbc-bad1-f923db185b53n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223906&group=rec.food.cooking#223906

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 08:38:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: German producers warn of food shortages
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (WarrantsFramed@MarthaStewart.GoodThing)
 by: WarrantsFramed@Marth - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 15:38 UTC

On Monday, September 26, 2022 at 10:21:08 PM UTC-5, judith...@gmx.com wrote:
> Manufacturers of both frozen and fresh products say they cannot cope
> with soaring energy costs
>
> Germany’s frozen and fresh food producers have warned that rising energy
> prices may soon force them to stop operations, according to Die Welt.
>
> “There are significant supply gaps in the daily food supply for people
> in Germany. The situation is more than serious,” an open letter from the
> industry said.
>
> “Companies now fear that production lines will soon come to a standstill
> and that refrigerated logistics centers for food distribution will be
> closed. Some are even preparing for possible insolvency.”
>
> The letter was initiated by the German Frozen Food Institute and the
> Association of German Cold Storage and Logistics Companies, and signed
> by five other industry groups. It was addressed to Chancellor Olaf
> Scholz, Federal Minister of Economics Robert Habeck and Federal Minister
> for Food Cem Ozdemir.
>
> According to the authors of the letter, the financial standing of food
> producers is deteriorating every day, which could soon result in a wave
> of bankruptcies in the industry. They warn that government intervention
> is needed to salvage the situation. In particular, they are calling for
> financial support for energy-intensive medium-sized producers in the
> deep-freeze chain.
>
> “The food industry is currently experiencing the worst crisis since the
> end of the Second World War… It’s a minute to twelve. Act now –
> otherwise the refrigerators and freezers of the German population will
> soon be empty,” the letter urges.
>
> Germany, along with the broader EU, is facing a sharp rise in energy
> prices and a record inflation surge amid intensifying anti-Russian
> sanctions and a policy of abandoning Russian fuel.
>
> The situation could also soon lead to energy rationing and shortages.
> The frozen food industry is particularly susceptible to energy supply
> problems, due to its strong reliance on electricity for freezers.
>

> https://thepressunited.com/updates/german-producers-warn-of-food-shortages-welt/?utm_source=wnd&utm_medium=wnd&utm_campaign=syndicated

Still managed to ship frozen apple tarts to USA for $3 Strong Biden Dollahs to Aldi.

interests / rec.food.cooking / German producers warn of food shortages