Before borrowing money from a friend, decide which you need more. -- Addison H. Hallock

interests / rec.pets.cats.anecdotes / Re: Smokey crossed the Bridge this afternoon

SubjectAuthor
* Smokey crossed the Bridge this afternoonBill Stock
+* Re: Smokey crossed the Bridge this afternoonjmcquown
|`- Re: Smokey crossed the Bridge this afternoonBill Stock
+- Re: Smokey crossed the Bridge this afternoonCheryl
`- Re: Smokey crossed the Bridge this afternoonJudith Latham

1
Smokey crossed the Bridge this afternoon

<302730d4-4fc0-4e5d-92e3-d3e3af611db3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=222&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#222

Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 16:21:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Smokey crossed the Bridge this afternoon
From: will_st...@yahoo.com (Bill Stock)
 by: Bill Stock - Thu, 30 Sep 2021 23:21 UTC

I posted about 7 weeks ago that Smokey had gone deaf and blind. She had cataracts for quite a while, so I'm not sure how good her sight was in the first place. She was quite shaken when it first happened, but returned to her somewhat normal life after a couple of weeks, so I waited to euthanatize her. She was still finding her way around and using the box fairly well for a blind kitty. She would even wait for me to clean the box if she was unhappy with the ambience. Spoiled Brat. She started to get lost occasionally though, not sure if she was looking for a hiding place. Then a couple of nights ago she started to wonder the room, so I picked her up and put her in the box. She jumped out of the box, shit on the hallway carpet, started caterwauling and then seriously puked on the carpet. She recovered and was stuffing her face a few hours later. She can be a Drama Queen about the box, but I have to return to work soon, so I was worried that she might be in pain and that she will get hung up somewhere if I'm not around for hours and hours.

Smokey spent last night jammed in my armpit with her face in mine, purring like a Lion. Between the purring, the request for a box trip, the demands for food and my acquired allergies it was a restless night. A night I won't soon forget.

I took her to the vet today to help her over the Bridge. It took the vet about half an hour to find a vein and I could hear Smokey screaming. I was SO PISSED that I went out twice to see WTF was happening. About five minutes after my second visit they brought Smokey into the 'waiting' room. She was frightened after her ordeal, but the end was quick and peaceful. Safe journey Smokey. It was a good twenty years little buddy, I will miss you!

Re: Smokey crossed the Bridge this afternoon

<W2s5J.135133$rl3.64236@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#223

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!paganini.bofh.team!news.dns-netz.com!news.freedyn.net!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed9.news.xs4all.nl!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr1.eu1.usenetexpress.com!feeder1.feed.usenet.farm!feed.usenet.farm!nntp.speedium.network!feeder01!81.171.65.16.MISMATCH!peer03.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!fx45.iad.POSTED!not-for-mail
Subject: Re: Smokey crossed the Bridge this afternoon
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 19:50:11 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Thu, 30 Sep 2021 23:50 UTC

On 9/30/2021 7:21 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
> I posted about 7 weeks ago that Smokey had gone deaf and blind. She had cataracts for quite a while, so I'm not sure how good her sight was in the first place. She was quite shaken when it first happened, but returned to her somewhat normal life after a couple of weeks, so I waited to euthanatize her. She was still finding her way around and using the box fairly well for a blind kitty. She would even wait for me to clean the box if she was unhappy with the ambience. Spoiled Brat. She started to get lost occasionally though, not sure if she was looking for a hiding place. Then a couple of nights ago she started to wonder the room, so I picked her up and put her in the box. She jumped out of the box, shit on the hallway carpet, started caterwauling and then seriously puked on the carpet. She recovered and was stuffing her face a few hours later. She can be a Drama Queen about the box, but I have to return to work soon, so I was worried that she might be in pain and that she will get hung up somewhere if I'm not around for hours and hours.
>
> Smokey spent last night jammed in my armpit with her face in mine, purring like a Lion. Between the purring, the request for a box trip, the demands for food and my acquired allergies it was a restless night. A night I won't soon forget.
>
> I took her to the vet today to help her over the Bridge. It took the vet about half an hour to find a vein and I could hear Smokey screaming. I was SO PISSED that I went out twice to see WTF was happening. About five minutes after my second visit they brought Smokey into the 'waiting' room. She was frightened after her ordeal, but the end was quick and peaceful. Safe journey Smokey. It was a good twenty years little buddy, I will miss you!

I'm so very sorry to hear this. Purrs for your broken heart.
Jill

Re: Smokey crossed the Bridge this afternoon

<6691bb10-dfca-4a98-b0f8-704270645a85n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=224&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#224

Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 17:59:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: will_st...@yahoo.com (Bill Stock)
 by: Bill Stock - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 00:59 UTC

On Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 7:50:17 PM UTC-4, j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:
> On 9/30/2021 7:21 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
> > I posted about 7 weeks ago that Smokey had gone deaf and blind. She had cataracts for quite a while, so I'm not sure how good her sight was in the first place. She was quite shaken when it first happened, but returned to her somewhat normal life after a couple of weeks, so I waited to euthanatize her. She was still finding her way around and using the box fairly well for a blind kitty. She would even wait for me to clean the box if she was unhappy with the ambience. Spoiled Brat. She started to get lost occasionally though, not sure if she was looking for a hiding place. Then a couple of nights ago she started to wonder the room, so I picked her up and put her in the box. She jumped out of the box, shit on the hallway carpet, started caterwauling and then seriously puked on the carpet. She recovered and was stuffing her face a few hours later. She can be a Drama Queen about the box, but I have to return to work soon, so I was worried that she might be in pain and that she will get hung up somewhere if I'm not around for hours and hours.
> >
> > Smokey spent last night jammed in my armpit with her face in mine, purring like a Lion. Between the purring, the request for a box trip, the demands for food and my acquired allergies it was a restless night. A night I won't soon forget.
> >
> > I took her to the vet today to help her over the Bridge. It took the vet about half an hour to find a vein and I could hear Smokey screaming. I was SO PISSED that I went out twice to see WTF was happening. About five minutes after my second visit they brought Smokey into the 'waiting' room. She was frightened after her ordeal, but the end was quick and peaceful. Safe journey Smokey. It was a good twenty years little buddy, I will miss you!
> >
> I'm so very sorry to hear this. Purrs for your broken heart.
>
> Jill
Thanks Jill 🤗

Re: Smokey crossed the Bridge this afternoon

<irqog8F747uU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#225

From: cperk...@mun.ca (Cheryl)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 07:23:10 -0230
 by: Cheryl - Sat, 2 Oct 2021 09:53 UTC

On 2021-09-30 8:51 p.m., Bill Stock wrote:
> I posted about 7 weeks ago that Smokey had gone deaf and blind. She had cataracts for quite a while, so I'm not sure how good her sight was in the first place. She was quite shaken when it first happened, but returned to her somewhat normal life after a couple of weeks, so I waited to euthanatize her. She was still finding her way around and using the box fairly well for a blind kitty. She would even wait for me to clean the box if she was unhappy with the ambience. Spoiled Brat. She started to get lost occasionally though, not sure if she was looking for a hiding place. Then a couple of nights ago she started to wonder the room, so I picked her up and put her in the box. She jumped out of the box, shit on the hallway carpet, started caterwauling and then seriously puked on the carpet. She recovered and was stuffing her face a few hours later. She can be a Drama Queen about the box, but I have to return to work soon, so I was worried that she might be in pain and that she will get hung up somewhere if I'm not around for hours and hours.
>
> Smokey spent last night jammed in my armpit with her face in mine, purring like a Lion. Between the purring, the request for a box trip, the demands for food and my acquired allergies it was a restless night. A night I won't soon forget.
>
> I took her to the vet today to help her over the Bridge. It took the vet about half an hour to find a vein and I could hear Smokey screaming. I was SO PISSED that I went out twice to see WTF was happening. About five minutes after my second visit they brought Smokey into the 'waiting' room. She was frightened after her ordeal, but the end was quick and peaceful. Safe journey Smokey. It was a good twenty years little buddy, I will miss you!

I'm sorry for your loss.

--
Cheryl

Re: Smokey crossed the Bridge this afternoon

<597b6d652ajudith@sick-of-spam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=226&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#226

From: jud...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 20:29:29 +0100
 by: Judith Latham - Thu, 14 Oct 2021 19:29 UTC

In article <302730d4-4fc0-4e5d-92e3-d3e3af611db3n@googlegroups.com>, Bill
Stock <will_stock@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I posted about 7 weeks ago that Smokey had gone deaf and blind. She had
> cataracts for quite a while, so I'm not sure how good her sight was in
> the first place. She was quite shaken when it first happened, but
> returned to her somewhat normal life after a couple of weeks, so I
> waited to euthanatize her. She was still finding her way around and
> using the box fairly well for a blind kitty. She would even wait for me
> to clean the box if she was unhappy with the ambience. Spoiled Brat. She
> started to get lost occasionally though, not sure if she was looking for
> a hiding place. Then a couple of nights ago she started to wonder the
> room, so I picked her up and put her in the box. She jumped out of the
> box, shit on the hallway carpet, started caterwauling and then
> seriously puked on the carpet. She recovered and was stuffing her face a
> few hours later. She can be a Drama Queen about the box, but I have to
> return to work soon, so I was worried that she might be in pain and that
> she will get hung up somewhere if I'm not around for hours and hours.

> Smokey spent last night jammed in my armpit with her face in mine,
> purring like a Lion. Between the purring, the request for a box trip,
> the demands for food and my acquired allergies it was a restless night.
> A night I won't soon forget.

> I took her to the vet today to help her over the Bridge. It took the vet
> about half an hour to find a vein and I could hear Smokey screaming. I
> was SO PISSED that I went out twice to see WTF was happening. About five
> minutes after my second visit they brought Smokey into the 'waiting'
> room. She was frightened after her ordeal, but the end was quick and
> peaceful. Safe journey Smokey. It was a good twenty years little buddy,
> I will miss you!

I've only just seen your post. I'm so sorry to hear this, it breaks our
hearts to lose such a dear loved one. Twenty years is a long time.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.