You shall judge of a man by his foes as well as by his friends. -- Joseph Conrad

interests / rec.food.cooking / Dinner at the Ferry Terminal

SubjectAuthor
* Dinner at the Ferry TerminalEd Pawlowski
+* Re: Dinner at the Ferry Terminaljmcquown
+* Re: Dinner at the Ferry Terminalitsjoannotjoann@webtv.net
|`- Re: Dinner at the Ferry TerminalEd Pawlowski
`* Re: Dinner at the Ferry TerminalCindy Hamilton
 `* Re: Dinner at the Ferry TerminalEd Pawlowski
  +- Re: Dinner at the Ferry TerminalSheldon Martin
  `* Re: Dinner at the Ferry TerminalGraham
   +- Re: Dinner at the Ferry TerminalBryan Simmons
   `- Re: Dinner at the Ferry TerminalDavid Keeting

1
Dinner at the Ferry Terminal

<_QL%K.60496$kEr7.27125@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225020&group=rec.food.cooking#225020

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Subject: Dinner at the Ferry Terminal
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 22:06:50 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 02:06 UTC

We went to Cape May today and my friends has never seen the ferry to
Lewes Delaware so we took a ride by. She went in the terminal to get a
brochure and I waited in the car. After a while, I was curious what was
taking so long so went in also.

She was talking to the ticket agent and she was explaining the options
and prices. Well, it was a nice day so we took a round trip ride, 85
minutes each way. Very nice weather.

When we got back at 5:30 we checked out The Lookout, the restaurant on
the upper level of the terminal. It was quite nice so we had dinner
overlooking the bay. Excellent food.

The location is not a place I'd seek out but some locals came in for a
nice dinner. One couple was celebrating an anniversary. I'd expect a
snack bar, but this was a full blown classy place.
https://www.visitferrypark.com/the-lookout

Re: Dinner at the Ferry Terminal

<tho2fn$3j84a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225024&group=rec.food.cooking#225024

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Dinner at the Ferry Terminal
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 22:21:42 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 02:21 UTC

On 10/6/2022 10:06 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> We went to Cape May today and my friends has never seen the ferry to
> Lewes Delaware so we took a ride by.  She went in the terminal to get a
> brochure and I waited in the car.  After a while, I was curious what was
> taking so long so went in also.
>
> She was talking to the ticket agent and she was explaining the options
> and prices.  Well, it was a nice day so we took a round trip ride, 85
> minutes each way.  Very nice weather.
>
> When we got back at 5:30 we checked out The Lookout, the restaurant on
> the upper level of the terminal.  It was quite nice so we had dinner
> overlooking the bay.  Excellent food.
>
> The location is not a place I'd seek out but some locals came in for a
> nice dinner.  One couple was celebrating an anniversary.  I'd expect a
> snack bar, but this was a full blown classy place.
> https://www.visitferrypark.com/the-lookout

Looks like quite the fru-fru place. :)

Jill

Re: Dinner at the Ferry Terminal

<jq9hqfFvl2U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225027&group=rec.food.cooking#225027

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 13:39:07 +1100
 by: Bruce - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 02:39 UTC

On Thu, 6 Oct 2022 22:21:42 -0400, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On 10/6/2022 10:06 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> We went to Cape May today and my friends has never seen the ferry to
>> Lewes Delaware so we took a ride by.  She went in the terminal to get a
>> brochure and I waited in the car.  After a while, I was curious what was
>> taking so long so went in also.
>>
>> She was talking to the ticket agent and she was explaining the options
>> and prices.  Well, it was a nice day so we took a round trip ride, 85
>> minutes each way.  Very nice weather.
>>
>> When we got back at 5:30 we checked out The Lookout, the restaurant on
>> the upper level of the terminal.  It was quite nice so we had dinner
>> overlooking the bay.  Excellent food.
>>
>> The location is not a place I'd seek out but some locals came in for a
>> nice dinner.  One couple was celebrating an anniversary.  I'd expect a
>> snack bar, but this was a full blown classy place.
>> https://www.visitferrypark.com/the-lookout
>
>Looks like quite the fru-fru place. :)

It's expensive, but it looks nice. Only one vegetarian main is a bit
poor in 2022, but maybe they're aiming at boomers and their disposable
incomes.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Re: Dinner at the Ferry Terminal

<93262b3b-c2ba-4ca9-b6e1-46cce4cccd99n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225031&group=rec.food.cooking#225031

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 19:59:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: itsjoann...@webtv.net (itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net)
 by: itsjoannotjoann@webt - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 02:59 UTC

On Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 9:06:57 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> We went to Cape May today and my friends has never seen the ferry to
> Lewes Delaware so we took a ride by. She went in the terminal to get a
> brochure and I waited in the car. After a while, I was curious what was
> taking so long so went in also.
>
> She was talking to the ticket agent and she was explaining the options
> and prices. Well, it was a nice day so we took a round trip ride, 85
> minutes each way. Very nice weather.
>
> When we got back at 5:30 we checked out The Lookout, the restaurant on
> the upper level of the terminal. It was quite nice so we had dinner
> overlooking the bay. Excellent food.
>
> The location is not a place I'd seek out but some locals came in for a
> nice dinner. One couple was celebrating an anniversary. I'd expect a
> snack bar, but this was a full blown classy place.
> https://www.visitferrypark.com/the-lookout

Nice looking place and the food pictures look great, too.

Re: Dinner at the Ferry Terminal

<8LM%K.376347$wLZ8.359521@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225033&group=rec.food.cooking#225033

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 23:08:52 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 03:08 UTC

On 10/6/2022 10:21 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 10/6/2022 10:06 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> We went to Cape May today and my friends has never seen the ferry to
>> Lewes Delaware so we took a ride by.  She went in the terminal to get
>> a brochure and I waited in the car.  After a while, I was curious what
>> was taking so long so went in also.
>>
>> She was talking to the ticket agent and she was explaining the options
>> and prices.  Well, it was a nice day so we took a round trip ride, 85
>> minutes each way.  Very nice weather.
>>
>> When we got back at 5:30 we checked out The Lookout, the restaurant on
>> the upper level of the terminal.  It was quite nice so we had dinner
>> overlooking the bay.  Excellent food.
>>
>> The location is not a place I'd seek out but some locals came in for a
>> nice dinner.  One couple was celebrating an anniversary.  I'd expect a
>> snack bar, but this was a full blown classy place.
>> https://www.visitferrypark.com/the-lookout
>
> Looks like quite the fru-fru place. :)
>
> Jill

The entire building is very nice. More than I expected. Friendly staff
too.

https://www.cmlf.com/things-do-while-waiting-your-ferry

Re: Dinner at the Ferry Terminal

<GLM%K.376348$wLZ8.343659@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225034&group=rec.food.cooking#225034

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 23:09:26 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 03:09 UTC

On 10/6/2022 10:59 PM, itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net wrote:
> On Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 9:06:57 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> We went to Cape May today and my friends has never seen the ferry to
>> Lewes Delaware so we took a ride by. She went in the terminal to get a
>> brochure and I waited in the car. After a while, I was curious what was
>> taking so long so went in also.
>>
>> She was talking to the ticket agent and she was explaining the options
>> and prices. Well, it was a nice day so we took a round trip ride, 85
>> minutes each way. Very nice weather.
>>
>> When we got back at 5:30 we checked out The Lookout, the restaurant on
>> the upper level of the terminal. It was quite nice so we had dinner
>> overlooking the bay. Excellent food.
>>
>> The location is not a place I'd seek out but some locals came in for a
>> nice dinner. One couple was celebrating an anniversary. I'd expect a
>> snack bar, but this was a full blown classy place.
>> https://www.visitferrypark.com/the-lookout
>>
> Nice looking place and the food pictures look great, too.

Cocktails good too.

Re: Dinner at the Ferry Terminal

<9VR%K.230424$BQA7.52077@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225084&group=rec.food.cooking#225084

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 09:00:53 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 09:00 UTC

On 2022-10-07, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
> We went to Cape May today and my friends has never seen the ferry to
> Lewes Delaware so we took a ride by. She went in the terminal to get a
> brochure and I waited in the car. After a while, I was curious what was
> taking so long so went in also.
>
> She was talking to the ticket agent and she was explaining the options
> and prices. Well, it was a nice day so we took a round trip ride, 85
> minutes each way. Very nice weather.
>
> When we got back at 5:30 we checked out The Lookout, the restaurant on
> the upper level of the terminal. It was quite nice so we had dinner
> overlooking the bay. Excellent food.
>
> The location is not a place I'd seek out but some locals came in for a
> nice dinner. One couple was celebrating an anniversary. I'd expect a
> snack bar, but this was a full blown classy place.
> https://www.visitferrypark.com/the-lookout

Menu looks great. What did you eat?

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Dinner at the Ferry Terminal

<8dV%K.376415$wLZ8.373383@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225105&group=rec.food.cooking#225105

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 08:47:00 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 12:47 UTC

On 10/7/2022 5:00 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2022-10-07, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
>> We went to Cape May today and my friends has never seen the ferry to
>> Lewes Delaware so we took a ride by. She went in the terminal to get a
>> brochure and I waited in the car. After a while, I was curious what was
>> taking so long so went in also.
>>
>> She was talking to the ticket agent and she was explaining the options
>> and prices. Well, it was a nice day so we took a round trip ride, 85
>> minutes each way. Very nice weather.
>>
>> When we got back at 5:30 we checked out The Lookout, the restaurant on
>> the upper level of the terminal. It was quite nice so we had dinner
>> overlooking the bay. Excellent food.
>>
>> The location is not a place I'd seek out but some locals came in for a
>> nice dinner. One couple was celebrating an anniversary. I'd expect a
>> snack bar, but this was a full blown classy place.
>> https://www.visitferrypark.com/the-lookout
>
> Menu looks great. What did you eat?

I had an airline chicken breast over scalloped potatoes with asparagus.
Potatoes had a nice crust on them.

Joan had scallops with three different cauliflower and a bacon sauce of
some kind. Also had a fried potato pieces that looked like lace as it
had the holes in it. No idea how they cut it.

Both were properly cooked and well presented. We were done eating when
I noticed no S & P shakers on the table, none needed.

Re: Dinner at the Ferry Terminal

<t3d0khd9fbfto88sng7tiummvplirhb2oa@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225111&group=rec.food.cooking#225111

From: penmar...@aol.com (Sheldon Martin)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 10:17:35 -0400
 by: Sheldon Martin - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 14:17 UTC

On Fri, 7 Oct 2022 Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>On 10/7/2022 Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On 2022 Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> We went to Cape May today and my friends has never seen the ferry to
>>> Lewes Delaware so we took a ride by. She went in the terminal to get a
>>> brochure and I waited in the car. After a while, I was curious what was
>>> taking so long so went in also.
>>>
>>> She was talking to the ticket agent and she was explaining the options
>>> and prices. Well, it was a nice day so we took a round trip ride, 85
>>> minutes each way. Very nice weather.
>>>
>>> When we got back at 5:30 we checked out The Lookout, the restaurant on
>>> the upper level of the terminal. It was quite nice so we had dinner
>>> overlooking the bay. Excellent food.
>>>
>>> The location is not a place I'd seek out but some locals came in for a
>>> nice dinner. One couple was celebrating an anniversary. I'd expect a
>>> snack bar, but this was a full blown classy place.
>>> https://www.visitferrypark.com/the-lookout
>>
>> Menu looks great. What did you eat?
>>
>I had an airline chicken breast over scalloped potatoes with asparagus.
> Potatoes had a nice crust on them.
>
>Joan had scallops with three different cauliflower and a bacon sauce of
>some kind. Also had a fried potato pieces that looked like lace as it
>had the holes in it. No idea how they cut it.

Easy peasy with a scalloped knife.

>Both were properly cooked and well presented. We were done eating when
>I noticed no S & P shakers on the table, none needed.

Re: Dinner at the Ferry Terminal

<ZqX%K.274951$PRW4.227192@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225127&group=rec.food.cooking#225127

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: g.ste...@shaw.ca (Graham)
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 09:18:16 -0600
 by: Graham - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 15:18 UTC

On 2022-10-07 6:47 a.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Both were properly cooked and well presented.  We were done eating when
> I noticed no S & P shakers on the table, none needed.

There shouldn't be in a really good restaurant.

Re: Dinner at the Ferry Terminal

<dfcddc4c-222d-439e-a7f0-993a73f15812n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225133&group=rec.food.cooking#225133

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 08:40:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: bryangsi...@gmail.com (Bryan Simmons)
 by: Bryan Simmons - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 15:40 UTC

On Friday, October 7, 2022 at 10:18:23 AM UTC-5, Graham wrote:
> On 2022-10-07 6:47 a.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>

> > Both were properly cooked and well presented. We were done eating when
> > I noticed no S & P shakers on the table, none needed.
> There shouldn't be in a really good restaurant.

Sure, let some full of himself prick chef decide how
salty your food should be.

--Bryan

Re: Dinner at the Ferry Terminal

<171bd3d43f9dce7e$29$3262674$4616d843@news.newsgroupdirect.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225134&group=rec.food.cooking#225134

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: perc...@erter.net (David Keeting)
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 11:43:17 -0400
 by: David Keeting - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 15:43 UTC

Graham wrote:
> On 2022-10-07 6:47 a.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>

>> Both were properly cooked and well presented.  We were done eating
>> when I noticed no S & P shakers on the table, none needed.
>
> There shouldn't be in a really good restaurant.

They were hidden behind the ketchup and A1 squirt bottles.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Dinner at the Ferry Terminal