If you are over 80 years old and accompanied by your parents, we will cash your check.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Dinner Tonight 10/7/22

SubjectAuthor
* Dinner Tonight 10/7/22jmcquown
+- Re: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22Michael Trew
+- Re: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22Graham
+- Re: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22Cindy Hamilton
+* Re: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22dsi1
|`* Re: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22cshenk
| `- Re: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22dsi1
+* Re: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22Sqwertz
|`- Re: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22Bruce
`- Re: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22Bruce

1
Dinner Tonight 10/7/22

<thqg8o$3ums1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225256&group=rec.food.cooking#225256

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 20:29:10 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 00:29 UTC

I used the remaining tomato sauce I cooked with Italian sausage last
weekend and made a nice hot "Italian" sandwich. I used a small crusty
"French" roll, sliced and lightly (yes, lightly) drizzled with EVOO
toasted under the oven broiler. I spooned a little of the tomato sauce
on top of each half then added sliced Provolone cheese sprinkled a
little Italian seasoning on top. Under the broiler it went until the
cheese melted.

Took it back out and lowered the rack and turned the oven on. I heated
it through again with the top piece of bread on.

It's no masterpiece but it was a really good tasting sandwich!

In steps:

https://i.postimg.cc/XNBWqcMy/sauced1.jpg

then:

https://i.postimg.cc/RVxk0kQj/with-cheese.jpg

Plated (that's a small plate):

https://i.postimg.cc/j5J1xcWx/sandwich.jpg

Fact is, half the sandwich filled me up. I'll be wrapping the other
half up to reheat for lunch tomorrow. :)

Jill

Re: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22

<xK40L.518618$6Il8.227734@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225295&group=rec.food.cooking#225295

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 21:53:40 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 01:53 UTC

On 10/7/2022 20:29, jmcquown wrote:
> I used the remaining tomato sauce I cooked with Italian sausage last
> weekend and made a nice hot "Italian" sandwich. I used a small crusty
> "French" roll, sliced and lightly (yes, lightly) drizzled with EVOO
> toasted under the oven broiler. I spooned a little of the tomato sauce
> on top of each half then added sliced Provolone cheese sprinkled a
> little Italian seasoning on top. Under the broiler it went until the
> cheese melted. (snip)
>
> Fact is, half the sandwich filled me up. I'll be wrapping the other half
> up to reheat for lunch tomorrow. :)
>
> Jill

That looks good; almost like a little french bread pizza. I rarely buy
frozen ready food, but every once in a while I buy a box of Stouffer's
french bread pizza; I like the "supreme" ones. Each box has two which
are individually wrapped, so I can save the other one for another day.

Last time, the whole box was on sale for $1 only; limit one. If there
weren't a "limit one", I would have stocked at least 10 of them in my
cellar freezer (probably a year's worth). I don't recall the normal
price, but it is certainly over $3/box.

Tonight, we went to a street festival in town, with a live band. It was
cold, but I had an (very expensive) $11 cheeseburger. It was a very
good and filling burger; I'm glad that I didn't opt for fries on the side.

Re: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22

<Hr60L.239272$51Rb.51090@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225310&group=rec.food.cooking#225310

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: g.ste...@shaw.ca (Graham)
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 21:49:59 -0600
 by: Graham - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 03:49 UTC

On 2022-10-07 6:29 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> I used the remaining tomato sauce I cooked with Italian sausage last
> weekend and made a nice hot "Italian" sandwich.  I used a small crusty
> "French" roll, sliced and lightly (yes, lightly) drizzled with EVOO
> toasted under the oven broiler.  I spooned a little of the tomato sauce
> on top of each half then added sliced Provolone cheese sprinkled a
> little Italian seasoning on top.  Under the broiler it went until the
> cheese melted.
>
> Took it back out and lowered the rack and turned the oven on.  I heated
> it through again with the top piece of bread on.
>
> It's no masterpiece but it was a really good tasting sandwich!
>
> In steps:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/XNBWqcMy/sauced1.jpg
>
> then:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/RVxk0kQj/with-cheese.jpg
>
> Plated (that's a small plate):
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/j5J1xcWx/sandwich.jpg
>
> Fact is, half the sandwich filled me up.  I'll be wrapping the other
> half up to reheat for lunch tomorrow. :)
>
> Jill

I roasted a chicken and it wasn't until after I started carving it that
I realised I had forgotten to stuff it with a bunch of tarragon. The
weather was a bit cooler than of late so I thought it would be an ideal
time to use some fresh tarragon from the garden before freeze-up.
Served with roasted baby taters and brussel sprouts. Devil's food
thumbprint cookies (Dorie Greenspan recipe) for dessert.

Re: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22

<b3b0L.757906$BKL8.57327@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225322&group=rec.food.cooking#225322

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2022 09:05:11 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 09:05 UTC

On 2022-10-08, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
> I used the remaining tomato sauce I cooked with Italian sausage last
> weekend and made a nice hot "Italian" sandwich. I used a small crusty
> "French" roll, sliced and lightly (yes, lightly) drizzled with EVOO
> toasted under the oven broiler. I spooned a little of the tomato sauce
> on top of each half then added sliced Provolone cheese sprinkled a
> little Italian seasoning on top. Under the broiler it went until the
> cheese melted.
>
> Took it back out and lowered the rack and turned the oven on. I heated
> it through again with the top piece of bread on.
>
> It's no masterpiece but it was a really good tasting sandwich!
>
> In steps:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/XNBWqcMy/sauced1.jpg
>
> then:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/RVxk0kQj/with-cheese.jpg
>
> Plated (that's a small plate):
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/j5J1xcWx/sandwich.jpg
>
> Fact is, half the sandwich filled me up. I'll be wrapping the other
> half up to reheat for lunch tomorrow. :)

Nice-looking sandwich.

I had eggs scrambled with cooked onion, tomato, and ham. Toast and a
glass of milk.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22

<b1a3921d-69ac-4385-ab0c-ffab31f33ec6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225338&group=rec.food.cooking#225338

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 04:31:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: dsi...@hawaiiantel.net (dsi1)
 by: dsi1 - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 11:31 UTC

On Friday, October 7, 2022 at 2:29:20 PM UTC-10, j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:
> I used the remaining tomato sauce I cooked with Italian sausage last
> weekend and made a nice hot "Italian" sandwich. I used a small crusty
> "French" roll, sliced and lightly (yes, lightly) drizzled with EVOO
> toasted under the oven broiler. I spooned a little of the tomato sauce
> on top of each half then added sliced Provolone cheese sprinkled a
> little Italian seasoning on top. Under the broiler it went until the
> cheese melted.
>
> Took it back out and lowered the rack and turned the oven on. I heated
> it through again with the top piece of bread on.
>
> It's no masterpiece but it was a really good tasting sandwich!
>
> In steps:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/XNBWqcMy/sauced1.jpg
>
> then:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/RVxk0kQj/with-cheese.jpg
>
> Plated (that's a small plate):
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/j5J1xcWx/sandwich.jpg
>
> Fact is, half the sandwich filled me up. I'll be wrapping the other
> half up to reheat for lunch tomorrow. :)
>
> Jill

I made some cold somen noodles for my wife's lunch. There's some zucchini and wasabi on it. Also a side of apples.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JMT466t4FGcnNLCz7

Re: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22

<sQmdnY3BV_9wAtz-nZ2dnZfqnPhi4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225390&group=rec.food.cooking#225390

From: csh...@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2022 16:06:05 +0000
 by: cshenk - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 16:06 UTC

dsi1 wrote:

> On Friday, October 7, 2022 at 2:29:20 PM UTC-10, j_mc...@comcast.net
> wrote:
> > I used the remaining tomato sauce I cooked with Italian sausage
> > last weekend and made a nice hot "Italian" sandwich. I used a small
> > crusty "French" roll, sliced and lightly (yes, lightly) drizzled
> > with EVOO toasted under the oven broiler. I spooned a little of the
> > tomato sauce on top of each half then added sliced Provolone cheese
> > sprinkled a little Italian seasoning on top. Under the broiler it
> > went until the cheese melted.
> >
> > Took it back out and lowered the rack and turned the oven on. I
> > heated it through again with the top piece of bread on.
> >
> > It's no masterpiece but it was a really good tasting sandwich!
> >
> > In steps:
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/XNBWqcMy/sauced1.jpg
> >
> > then:
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/RVxk0kQj/with-cheese.jpg
> >
> > Plated (that's a small plate):
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/j5J1xcWx/sandwich.jpg
> >
> > Fact is, half the sandwich filled me up. I'll be wrapping the other
> > half up to reheat for lunch tomorrow. :)
> >
> > Jill
>
> I made some cold somen noodles for my wife's lunch. There's some
> zucchini and wasabi on it. Also a side of apples.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/JMT466t4FGcnNLCz7

Looks similar to some of my work lunches.

Last week it was a noodle dish with udon base that looks fairly close
cousin. My trays have 3 compartments and the fruit choice was a simple
sliced peach with some brown sugar. The noodle dish was the other
small ccompartment and the big one was filled with rice and bok choy in
a brown curry gravey.

Re: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22

<1akh89fe4zar0.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225395&group=rec.food.cooking#225395

From: sqwert...@gmail.invalid (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 11:11:04 -0500
 by: Sqwertz - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 16:11 UTC

On Fri, 7 Oct 2022 20:29:10 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

> I used the remaining tomato sauce I cooked with Italian sausage last
> weekend and made a nice hot "Italian" sandwich. I used a small crusty
> "French" roll, sliced and lightly (yes, lightly) drizzled with EVOO
> toasted under the oven broiler. I spooned a little of the tomato sauce
> on top of each half then added sliced Provolone cheese sprinkled a
> little Italian seasoning on top. Under the broiler it went until the
> cheese melted.
>
> Took it back out and lowered the rack and turned the oven on. I heated
> it through again with the top piece of bread on.
>
> It's no masterpiece but it was a really good tasting sandwich!
>
> In steps:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/XNBWqcMy/sauced1.jpg
>
> then:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/RVxk0kQj/with-cheese.jpg

You're way not enough OCD for me. That sauce and cheese gotta be
spread out and layered more even than that! And served open face
- it's pizza bread. And if you don't like it, then you can just
get the hell out of your kitchen!

-sw

Re: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22

<e5fb8187-6c12-45a9-8de9-0ce3d3b8e407n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225414&group=rec.food.cooking#225414

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 10:25:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: dsi...@hawaiiantel.net (dsi1)
 by: dsi1 - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 17:25 UTC

On Saturday, October 8, 2022 at 6:06:15 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>
> > On Friday, October 7, 2022 at 2:29:20 PM UTC-10, j_mc...@comcast.net
> > wrote:
> > > I used the remaining tomato sauce I cooked with Italian sausage
> > > last weekend and made a nice hot "Italian" sandwich. I used a small
> > > crusty "French" roll, sliced and lightly (yes, lightly) drizzled
> > > with EVOO toasted under the oven broiler. I spooned a little of the
> > > tomato sauce on top of each half then added sliced Provolone cheese
> > > sprinkled a little Italian seasoning on top. Under the broiler it
> > > went until the cheese melted.
> > >
> > > Took it back out and lowered the rack and turned the oven on. I
> > > heated it through again with the top piece of bread on.
> > >
> > > It's no masterpiece but it was a really good tasting sandwich!
> > >
> > > In steps:
> > >
> > > https://i.postimg.cc/XNBWqcMy/sauced1.jpg
> > >
> > > then:
> > >
> > > https://i.postimg.cc/RVxk0kQj/with-cheese.jpg
> > >
> > > Plated (that's a small plate):
> > >
> > > https://i.postimg.cc/j5J1xcWx/sandwich.jpg
> > >
> > > Fact is, half the sandwich filled me up. I'll be wrapping the other
> > > half up to reheat for lunch tomorrow. :)
> > >
> > > Jill
> >
> > I made some cold somen noodles for my wife's lunch. There's some
> > zucchini and wasabi on it. Also a side of apples.
> >
> > https://photos.app.goo.gl/JMT466t4FGcnNLCz7
> Looks similar to some of my work lunches.
>
> Last week it was a noodle dish with udon base that looks fairly close
> cousin. My trays have 3 compartments and the fruit choice was a simple
> sliced peach with some brown sugar. The noodle dish was the other
> small ccompartment and the big one was filled with rice and bok choy in
> a brown curry gravey.

My wife said that she almost had an incident at work. I put too much wasabi on the noodles. Oops.

Re: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22

<jqdvufFlujtU9@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225436&group=rec.food.cooking#225436

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 06:04:42 +1100
 by: Bruce - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 19:04 UTC

On Sat, 8 Oct 2022 11:11:04 -0500, Sqwertz <sqwertzme@gmail.invalid>
wrote:

>On Fri, 7 Oct 2022 20:29:10 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I used the remaining tomato sauce I cooked with Italian sausage last
>> weekend and made a nice hot "Italian" sandwich. I used a small crusty
>> "French" roll, sliced and lightly (yes, lightly) drizzled with EVOO
>> toasted under the oven broiler. I spooned a little of the tomato sauce
>> on top of each half then added sliced Provolone cheese sprinkled a
>> little Italian seasoning on top. Under the broiler it went until the
>> cheese melted.
>>
>> Took it back out and lowered the rack and turned the oven on. I heated
>> it through again with the top piece of bread on.
>>
>> It's no masterpiece but it was a really good tasting sandwich!
>>
>> In steps:
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/XNBWqcMy/sauced1.jpg
>>
>> then:
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/RVxk0kQj/with-cheese.jpg
>
>You're way not enough OCD for me. That sauce and cheese gotta be
>spread out and layered more even than that! And served open face
>- it's pizza bread. And if you don't like it, then you can just
>get the hell out of your kitchen!

Sqwertz wants a swamp. One day he'll be looking for his keys and
they'll be in a horse radish swamp.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Re: Dinner Tonight 10/7/22

<555b6281-278d-41a4-a239-feef85243912n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225446&group=rec.food.cooking#225446

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 12:33:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: therealr...@gmail.com (Bruce)
 by: Bruce - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 19:33 UTC

On Friday, October 7, 2022 at 7:29:20 PM UTC-5, j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:
> I used the remaining tomato sauce I cooked with Italian sausage last
> weekend and made a nice hot "Italian" sandwich. I used a small crusty
> "French" roll, sliced and lightly (yes, lightly) drizzled with EVOO
> toasted under the oven broiler. I spooned a little of the tomato sauce
> on top of each half then added sliced Provolone cheese sprinkled a
> little Italian seasoning on top. Under the broiler it went until the
> cheese melted.
>
> Took it back out and lowered the rack and turned the oven on. I heated
> it through again with the top piece of bread on.
>
> It's no masterpiece but it was a really good tasting sandwich!
>
> In steps:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/XNBWqcMy/sauced1.jpg
>
> then:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/RVxk0kQj/with-cheese.jpg
>
> Plated (that's a small plate):
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/j5J1xcWx/sandwich.jpg
>
> Fact is, half the sandwich filled me up. I'll be wrapping the other
> half up to reheat for lunch tomorrow. :)
>
> Jill

Nobody except for gay men in Hollywood want to see this garbage

interests / rec.food.cooking / Dinner Tonight 10/7/22