For a holy stint, a moth of the cloth gave up his woolens for lint.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.

SubjectAuthor
* Not worth a pic. Starter.Thomas
+* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Graham
|+* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Thomas
||`* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Graham
|| `* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Thomas
||  +* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Graham
||  |`* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Thomas
||  | `* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Thomas
||  |  `* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Graham
||  |   `- Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Thomas
||  `- Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Michael Trew
|`- Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Bruce
`* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.dsi1
 `* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Thomas
  +- Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.dsi1
  `* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Bruce
   `* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Gary
    `* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Thomas
     `* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Dave Smith
      `* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Bruce
       `* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Thomas
        `* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Michael Trew
         `* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Thomas
          `* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Michael Trew
           `* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Thomas
            `* Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Michael Trew
             `- Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.Thomas

Pages:12
Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.

<YJK0L.68643$JZK5.12697@fx03.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225723&group=rec.food.cooking#225723

Subject: Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: g.ste...@shaw.ca (Graham)
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 19:40:08 -0600
 by: Graham - Mon, 10 Oct 2022 01:40 UTC

On 2022-10-09 4:16 p.m., Thomas wrote:
> On Sunday, October 9, 2022 at 6:12:58 PM UTC-4, Thomas wrote:

>>> Those are great looking loaves! I'm surprised that with that level of
>>> skill, that you are having trouble with SD.
>> I did not give up. The white one is the original from before this original post maybe 12 days?
>> The brown is rye today day 3. Both looking like I think they should.
> https://postimg.cc/WD9r6Ztv
> https://postimg.cc/jCnNPLbp
> Pics of starter

Keep up the feeding schedule for another few days before you use them.
If it doubles in 2-3 hours, then it's worth trying a bread recipe.

Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.

<abca44f4-7df8-4d4c-a788-cab2fc74d82an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225922&group=rec.food.cooking#225922

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 14:42:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: canope...@gmail.com (Thomas)
 by: Thomas - Mon, 10 Oct 2022 21:42 UTC

On Sunday, October 9, 2022 at 9:40:15 PM UTC-4, Graham wrote:
> On 2022-10-09 4:16 p.m., Thomas wrote:

> >> I did not give up. The white one is the original from before this original post maybe 12 days?
> >> The brown is rye today day 3. Both looking like I think they should.
> > https://postimg.cc/WD9r6Ztv
> > https://postimg.cc/jCnNPLbp
> > Pics of starter
> >
> Keep up the feeding schedule for another few days before you use them.
> If it doubles in 2-3 hours, then it's worth trying a bread recipe.
I will take that advice. I kinda feel that having some success at the starter I am afraid to ruin it in dough.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Not worth a pic. Starter.