"I didn't know it was impossible when I did it."

interests / rec.food.cooking / Spirits search of the day

SubjectAuthor
* Spirits search of the dayEd Pawlowski
+* Re: Spirits search of the daySqwertz
|`* Re: Spirits search of the dayEd Pawlowski
| `- Re: Spirits search of the daySqwertz
`- Re: Spirits search of the dayheyjoe

1
Spirits search of the day

<0f41L.36506$I0A5.9797@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=225964&group=rec.food.cooking#225964

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Subject: Spirits search of the day
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 22:09:01 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 02:09 UTC

The weather was fantastic, not a cloud in the sky so we did a little
foraging for adult beverages. Cape May NJ is certainly not the Napa
Valley but does have a half dozen wineries in the area.

First stop was Willow Creek Winery
https://willowcreekwinerycapemay.com/

This place is well off the main roads and you'd never find it just
riding by, but a little search and the local tourist maps get you to it.
We each had a flight of three wines. We just sat at a table in the sun
and enjoyed, but lunch is available. I finished mine but Joan did not
finish hers

Neither of us liked the red as it lacked body. we both liked one of the
whites, the others were a bit bland.

https://nautispirits.com/
Next stop was Nauti Spirits. We were there last Saturday and they had
lots going on. I bought a bottle each of the two gins and we left. We
drank some later and since I'll be taking mine home, Joan wanted to get
a bottle for her lace for her bays to try when they come down. Today it
was just a few people so we taste tested the two bourbons they offered
first. They were OK, but not as good as the big players. The 4 year
ages was good, but not for the $90 price. I would have bought a bottle
for about $30 or so but not triple that. She bought her gin and we
headed to the bar.

We each had an Old Fashioned but we had each made with a different
bourbon. They were good. We took a sip and headed outside with them to
sit in the sun again. Oh, she bought me a new hat from there too

They we came home and I helped with dinner. Grilled chicken thighs,
roasted potatoes, green beans.

So I came from Florida to New Jersey to sit in the sun and get a tan.
Heading back on Wednesday.

Re: Spirits search of the day

<8pnqa8oitdd3.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=226001&group=rec.food.cooking#226001

From: sqwert...@gmail.invalid (Sqwertz)
Subject: Re: Spirits search of the day
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 01:47:20 -0500
 by: Sqwertz - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 06:47 UTC

On Mon, 10 Oct 2022 22:09:01 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> So I came from Florida to New Jersey to sit in the sun and get a tan.
> Heading back on Wednesday.

When you get back you can crow, "I'm from Joisey!" and flounce
your Joisey Gin!

-sw

Re: Spirits search of the day

<CPe1L.574193$Ny99.342684@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=226024&group=rec.food.cooking#226024

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 10:10:42 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 14:10 UTC

On 10/11/2022 2:47 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Oct 2022 22:09:01 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> So I came from Florida to New Jersey to sit in the sun and get a tan.
>> Heading back on Wednesday.
>
> When you get back you can crow, "I'm from Joisey!" and flounce
> your Joisey Gin!
>
> -sw

Joisy Gin has a nice ring to it. They should change the name and
capitalize on it.

Re: Spirits search of the day

<ti407c$14eqo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=226028&group=rec.food.cooking#226028

From: addr...@is.invalid (heyjoe)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 14:56:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: heyjoe - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 14:56 UTC

Ed Pawlowski wrote :

> The weather was fantastic, not a cloud in the sky so we did a little
> foraging for adult beverages. Cape May NJ is certainly not the Napa
> Valley but does have a half dozen wineries in the area.
>
> First stop was Willow Creek Winery
> https://willowcreekwinerycapemay.com/
>
> This place is well off the main roads and you'd never find it just
> riding by, but a little search and the local tourist maps get you to it.
> We each had a flight of three wines. We just sat at a table in the sun
> and enjoyed, but lunch is available. I finished mine but Joan did not
> finish hers
>
> Neither of us liked the red as it lacked body. we both liked one of the
> whites, the others were a bit bland.
>
> https://nautispirits.com/
> Next stop was Nauti Spirits. We were there last Saturday and they had
> lots going on. I bought a bottle each of the two gins and we left. We
> drank some later and since I'll be taking mine home, Joan wanted to get
> a bottle for her lace for her bays to try when they come down. Today it
> was just a few people so we taste tested the two bourbons they offered
> first. They were OK, but not as good as the big players. The 4 year
> ages was good, but not for the $90 price. I would have bought a bottle
> for about $30 or so but not triple that. She bought her gin and we
> headed to the bar.
>
> We each had an Old Fashioned but we had each made with a different
> bourbon. They were good. We took a sip and headed outside with them to
> sit in the sun again. Oh, she bought me a new hat from there too
>
> They we came home and I helped with dinner. Grilled chicken thighs,
> roasted potatoes, green beans.
>
> So I came from Florida to New Jersey to sit in the sun and get a tan.
> Heading back on Wednesday.

Golly!
That sounds like a great day.
Thanks for sharing.

--
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon . . .
no matter how good you are, the bird is going to shit on the board

Re: Spirits search of the day

<141ygd1ygomjw.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=226102&group=rec.food.cooking#226102

From: sqwert...@gmail.invalid (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 17:19:14 -0500
 by: Sqwertz - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 22:19 UTC

On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 10:10:42 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 10/11/2022 2:47 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Mon, 10 Oct 2022 22:09:01 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>>> So I came from Florida to New Jersey to sit in the sun and get a tan.
>>> Heading back on Wednesday.
>>
>> When you get back you can crow, "I'm from Joisey!" and flounce
>> your Joisey Gin!
>>
>> -sw
>
> Joisy Gin has a nice ring to it. They should change the name and
> capitalize on it.

You're right - I'm calling "first use trademark". Heck, here in
Austin we have a "TIT-oh'S" vodka that outsells all other vodkas
in the U.S.

-sw

interests / rec.food.cooking / Spirits search of the day