Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.misc
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 04:18:37 -0700 (PDT)
<caa806d6-4065-481b-a4ac-c2088db32763n@googlegroups.com> <c5a536f3-90ab-4c48-b148-2f370bae07b6n@googlegroups.com>
<29f2858f-5c86-4d77-821e-88010499771bn@googlegroups.com> <5l6b4ghdj9dkku4mrdfqah05lrg2mrsamn@4ax.com>
<37d953b3-3147-478a-91e6-5245f4fd1667n@googlegroups.com> <lbkb4gd85mdg265ed6mu6dthskhk4f2ehs@4ax.com>
<c7eeae90-ec61-4a40-818c-17e36803c8dbn@googlegroups.com> <8o2e4gpmfn671l6pj2670sdva2akuklg3v@4ax.com>
<61282ae0-68f9-4ab8-990e-6b98d28fad3bn@googlegroups.com> <893f034f-f064-421a-b412-dacec40ad905n@googlegroups.com>
<pyr7I.93922$mK3.84050@fx43.iad> <ac461eb0-cd33-4543-b139-0a37bc229ae1n@googlegroups.com>
<a1342690-93c5-459f-aa18-e86436aebd63n@googlegroups.com> <id3tcbFroo8U1@mid.individual.net>
<fe3908b9-d009-439a-b766-585225b863d3n@googlegroups.com> <id6prrF6cb5U1@mid.individual.net>
<d3ceb0fb-aa08-41d5-a9bd-de16386100c8n@googlegroups.com> <7c285ae9-844d-44e1-9ef4-8764b210e34dn@googlegroups.com>
<c9159f3b-49a6-4160-adce-18cac57c2ba0n@googlegroups.com> <bd7a6bad-23b7-4933-be61-11e3814d7839n@googlegroups.com>
<0c341e44-0554-48d1-9f94-0f79321b2556n@googlegroups.com> <ac95a62f-3f42-4a80-9409-38e508b389ccn@googlegroups.com>
<6dbb2576-2b0a-404b-979b-5f91613e9d51n@googlegroups.com> <f9166b85-f0bb-49fa-b5bf-f8ffd7cf64adn@googlegroups.com>
<7d86e3ba-b91c-4a0b-8684-45961b07b66en@googlegroups.com> <f502ebf1-0c77-4435-81e2-8c2b80f20f3dn@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Opening traps are killers
From: nastyhor...@gmail.com (Eli Kesef)
 by: Eli Kesef - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 11:18 UTC

Bs"d

This is the story of a trap. Not of a successfully executed trap, but of a failed trap. Stories of successful traps you have gotten enough already, so now a failed trap.

The fishing pole trap is a great trap, and somebody who doesn't know it is bound to fall for it. BUT, you gotta know when it works, and especially, when it doesn't.
I learned that the hard way. In this game https://lichess.org/Fth74M6D9kKj my opponent learned the hard way that sometimes, it just doesn't work. He sacrificed a horse, after that, totally unnecessary a castle, then tried to mate me, and found out it was just not going to happen.
Bummer.
And that was the end. Well, the beginning of the end, because he decided to play on even when he was 17 points down, right unto the mate.
No problem. I like playing when I'm 17 points ahead.
All in all; for the opponent a very educational game, and for me a very enjoyable one.

HalleluJah!!

https://tinyurl.com/fishy-pole