This is NOT a repeat.

interests / alt.politics / fantastic negative result 2022 07

SubjectAuthor
* fantastic negative result 2022 07Oleg Smirnov
+* Re: fantastic negative result 2022 07Dhu on Gate
|`* Re: fantastic negative result 2022 07Oleg Smirnov
| `- Re: fantastic negative result 2022 07Dhu on Gate
+- fantastic negative result 2022 07Oleg Smirnov
+- fantastic negative result 2022 07Oleg Smirnov
`- fantastic negative result 2022 07Oleg Smirnov

1
Re: fantastic negative result 2022 07

<ta4dik$3vldr$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19076&group=alt.politics#19076

From: campb...@neotext.ca (Dhu on Gate)
Newsgroups: alt.politics,can.politics,alt.politics.usa
Subject: Re: fantastic negative result 2022 07
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 16:34:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dhu on Gate - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 16:34 UTC

On Wed, 06 Jul 2022 19:08:47 +0300, Oleg Smirnov wrote:

> <https://archive.is/T167X> bloomberg.com
>
> Russia appears on track for a much shallower recession than many
> forecasters initially expected this year .. Economists from
> JPMorgan Chase & Co., Citigroup Inc. and other big banks are
> slashing their outlooks for the drop in output this year to as
> little as 3.5% .. Officials in Moscow, some of whom saw a
> contraction of as much as 12%, are now preparing to improve
> forecasts to less than half that .. "Russia is tracking a far
> milder recession than had been feared when the invasion began,"
> JPMorgan economists wrote this week, cutting their expected
> contraction to 3.5% this year from the 7% they expected in March
> .. Consumer confidence has picked up and unemployment remains at
> record lows. Data from cash registers show purchases in late
> June picked up to pre-war levels ..

https://twitter.com/i/status/1544122725173760002

Dhu

--
Je suis Canadien. Ce n'est pas Francais ou Anglais.
Duncan Patton the Campbell

Re: fantastic negative result 2022 07

<ta5lhd$9n5n$1@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19084&group=alt.politics#19084

From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: alt.politics,can.politics,alt.politics.usa
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 06:56:14 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 03:56 UTC

Dhu on Gate, <news:ta4dik$3vldr$2@dont-email.me>
> On Wed, 06 Jul 2022 19:08:47 +0300, Oleg Smirnov wrote:

>> <https://archive.is/T167X> bloomberg.com
>>
>> Russia appears on track for a much shallower recession than many
>> forecasters initially expected this year .. Economists from
>> JPMorgan Chase & Co., Citigroup Inc. and other big banks are
>> slashing their outlooks for the drop in output this year to as
>> little as 3.5% .. Officials in Moscow, some of whom saw a
>> contraction of as much as 12%, are now preparing to improve
>> forecasts to less than half that .. "Russia is tracking a far
>> milder recession than had been feared when the invasion began,"
>> JPMorgan economists wrote this week, cutting their expected
>> contraction to 3.5% this year from the 7% they expected in March
>> .. Consumer confidence has picked up and unemployment remains at
>> record lows. Data from cash registers show purchases in late
>> June picked up to pre-war levels ..

> https://twitter.com/i/status/1544122725173760002

This creative effort seems little bit premature to me.

Re: fantastic negative result 2022 07

<ta6bsv$bl0n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=19087&group=alt.politics#19087

From: campb...@neotext.ca (Dhu on Gate)
Newsgroups: alt.politics,can.politics,alt.politics.usa
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 10:18:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dhu on Gate - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 10:18 UTC

On Thu, 07 Jul 2022 06:56:14 +0300, Oleg Smirnov wrote:

> Dhu on Gate, <news:ta4dik$3vldr$2@dont-email.me>
>> On Wed, 06 Jul 2022 19:08:47 +0300, Oleg Smirnov wrote:
>
>>> <https://archive.is/T167X> bloomberg.com
>>>
>>> Russia appears on track for a much shallower recession than many
>>> forecasters initially expected this year .. Economists from
>>> JPMorgan Chase & Co., Citigroup Inc. and other big banks are
>>> slashing their outlooks for the drop in output this year to as
>>> little as 3.5% .. Officials in Moscow, some of whom saw a
>>> contraction of as much as 12%, are now preparing to improve
>>> forecasts to less than half that .. "Russia is tracking a far
>>> milder recession than had been feared when the invasion began,"
>>> JPMorgan economists wrote this week, cutting their expected
>>> contraction to 3.5% this year from the 7% they expected in March
>>> .. Consumer confidence has picked up and unemployment remains at
>>> record lows. Data from cash registers show purchases in late
>>> June picked up to pre-war levels ..

>> https://twitter.com/i/status/1544122725173760002
>
> This creative effort seems little bit premature to me.

I be in favor of locking Vlod and Vlad in a room and goin' with what comes out.

Dhu

--
Je suis Canadien. Ce n'est pas Francais ou Anglais.
Duncan Patton the Campbell

fantastic negative result 2022 07

<ta4c4e$2rip$2@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=22262&group=alt.politics#22262

From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,soc.culture.usa,can.politics,alt.politics.usa
Subject: fantastic negative result 2022 07
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 19:08:47 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 16:08 UTC

<https://archive.is/T167X> bloomberg.com

Russia appears on track for a much shallower recession than many
forecasters initially expected this year .. Economists from
JPMorgan Chase & Co., Citigroup Inc. and other big banks are
slashing their outlooks for the drop in output this year to as
little as 3.5% .. Officials in Moscow, some of whom saw a
contraction of as much as 12%, are now preparing to improve
forecasts to less than half that .. "Russia is tracking a far
milder recession than had been feared when the invasion began,"
JPMorgan economists wrote this week, cutting their expected
contraction to 3.5% this year from the 7% they expected in March
... Consumer confidence has picked up and unemployment remains at
record lows. Data from cash registers show purchases in late
June picked up to pre-war levels ..

fantastic negative result 2022 07

<ta6u5j$do50$1@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=22269&group=alt.politics#22269

From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,soc.culture.usa,can.politics,alt.politics.usa
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 18:27:11 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 15:27 UTC

<https://tinyurl.com/2p5r2jgw> thehill.com

With the Russian invasion of Ukraine now in its fifth month, Western
leaders are beginning to recognize, if not openly acknowledge, that
their unprecedented sanctions against Moscow are hurting their own
countries' economies without significantly crimping the Kremlin's war
machine ..

In fact, the fallout from the U.S.-led sanctions on Russia has ended
the era of cheap oil and gas and contributed to surging inflation,
supply-chain disruptions and a looming recession in the West ..

The sanctions have delivered Russia a windfall from high-price
energy exports that no Western-sponsored price cap can significantly
roll back ..

The Western discourse is finally beginning to face up to the
unpalatable realities .. The West's economic pain from sanctions ..
classic example of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face ..

fantastic negative result 2022 07

<ta7117$e2n6$2@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=22271&group=alt.politics#22271

From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,soc.culture.usa,can.politics,alt.politics.usa
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 19:17:09 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 16:17 UTC

<https://tinyurl.com/2mjmr2nb> washingtontimes.com

... President Biden .. Overwhelmed by his long list of domestic problems
and declining ratings, he's seeking to change the subject by hyping the
war in Ukraine ..

On one hand, it looks like he is succeeding .. However, judging from what
is going on on the battlefield all this not only prolongs the suffering
of the Ukrainian people but also raises the chances for World War III ..

According to the latest Gallup poll, Americans are not happy .. Only 13%
are satisfied vs. 87% dissatisfied .. The mood of the nation is the worst
it has been in any midterm election year since 1974 - the year that
Richard Nixon resigned .. Mr. Biden should follow in Nixon's footsteps.
The list of his and his family members' misdeeds and humiliating scandals
is long and well known .. Mr. Biden is trying to place all the blame on
the Russian president for the tragic events taking place in this country,
but maybe he should point his accusing finger at the mirror. It was Mr.
Biden as vice president who held a Ukrainian portfolio, and it was he who
oversaw the Feb. 22, 2014, illegal coup, which overthrew the
democratically elected ..

At the same time, Mr. Biden's fantasy of collapsing Russia's economy
hasn't materialized as well, since the overwhelming majority of the
world's nations ignored his calls for sanctions. Moreover, a growing
number of countries are now expressing interest in joining the Shanghai
Cooperation Organization and BRICS, where the world's two most populous
nations with strong economies, China and India, are .. What is even more
humiliating for Washington is that Mr. Biden is now begging for help
from Saudi Arabia, Iran and even Venezuela .. to reduce the inflated
cost of oil and gas ..

To summarize, since Mr. Biden is failing on all sides, it is time for him
to re-read the Nixon resignation speech, and act accordingly. Joe, it's
time to go!

fantastic negative result 2022 07

<tbrprf$2ij76$1@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=22627&group=alt.politics#22627

From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,soc.culture.usa,can.politics,alt.politics.usa
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 19:36:16 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 16:36 UTC

<https://tinyurl.com/25gfphzu> nationalinterest.org

The problem is this: the United States, Europe, and their Pacific allies no
longer command unchallenged global dominance - economically, politically,
or even militarily .. Five months after the start of the conflict, it is
fair to say that while sanctions .. life in Russia remains remarkably normal.
The ruble has not only stabilized but strengthened, inflation is
increasingly being brought under control, and there are no visible
interruptions in the supply chain. Traveling both to Moscow and the
provinces suggests that many Russians feel their lives are essentially
normal, without any painful interruptions .. At this point, the optimism
expressed by Secretary Austin and others in the Biden administration is more
an article of faith than anything else ..

<https://tinyurl.com/22raldlw> nationalinterest.org

Sanctions Are Hurting the West More Than Russia
It appears that the economic response to Russia's unprovoked war seems to be
taking a greater toll on the rest of the world than on Russia itself.

Yep, life in Russia remains the same as before (except the areas adjacent to
the Ukraine's border). The "sanctions" is a thing intended mainly for your
domestic consumption. American policy makers promote the idea that when they
impose sanctions, those who are sanctioned must be suffering, "feeling pain".
I.e. it's essentially sadistic topic where the ruling class invites populace
to share the feeling of sadistic domination. The common sadistic cheer makes
the populace more loyal to the ruling class.

Otoh, abuse of such psychotechniques accelerates the American decline.