Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Wed, 3 May 2023 12:26:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Trans Action
From: tem...@tiglath.net (Tiglath)
 by: Tiglath - Wed, 3 May 2023 19:26 UTC

One of the best things about being dead wrong, perhaps the only good thing, is that you are in for a treat when you finally right that wrong, and enjoy the luck of having the wisdom to do it.

Live, learn, let live... as I said.

The trans craze IS NOT the existential threat those afflicted by the Woke Virus pretend. There are in fact only two practical matters that require adaptation: bathrooms and competitive sports.

The company I work for is a low-key, exemplary American company performing absolutely essential global work: Guardian of the Internet. (every time anyone, anywhere enters *.com, *.net, *.edu, *.gov, etc., in a browser or equivalent, we process the request that lets you reach the desired site. The service has been up, uninterrupted, for more than 25 years.) We have a trans bathroom for two-spirited people, as the enlightened indigenous peoples of the Americas called them. Problem solved. Many countries are now banning trans women from competitive sports. Was it that hard?

Why fight about this? Does anyone in his right mind think that a trans person reveals their status to a hostile world for fun?

I knew there were homosexuals in all societies. But it looks gender fluid folks are everywhere too, AND it's Western Civilization that cruelly decreed that it was abnormal and wrong to deviate from the binary world it established.

Ha! So it was not all great that the Greeks beat the Persians after all, and became the founders of our civilization. If Xerxes had won... we'd have a different world, surely. Or was it Christianity? Then colonial times added the concept of 'race' that is like a deadly virus afflicting us, and the cure causes great confusion. Now you have to be blind to color, now you have to embrace it. Make up you mind!

Case in point is the latest film with a black Cleopatra. That is just not right.
Egyptian archeologists are tearing their tunics. The Ptolemies were Macedonians and intermarried because they wouldn't trust locals. It's viewed as exceptional that Cleopatra was the only royal, we know of, to learn the local language; that's how clannish they were. It's not impossible that a royal banged a Nubian chick, but I doubt they would have married or made the offspring pharaoh.