Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: fos...@sdf.org
Subject: Head Cheese Sandwiches
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 13:19:43 GMT
 by: fos...@sdf.org - Sat, 15 Oct 2022 13:19 UTC

seems sandwiches are a thing here lately so here goes.

only cooking involved in this was making the head cheese and baking the
rolls, neither of which i did.

https://wm.sdf.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1029&pid=23800

first use for the new 12 inch Victorinox slicing knife. worked effortlessly
but will still get the sharpening stones out to put an even better edge
on it. got it primarily to slice meat for jerky. am breaking in the new
dehydrator with a crapton of scotch bonnet peppers from the garden this
weekend. few more weeks will be doing jerky.

https://wm.sdf.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1029&pid=23798

fresh bulky rolls from the grocery store bakery, tomato from the garden,
some German mustard, a few drops of Tapatio hot sauce, a few drops of
ketchup.

https://wm.sdf.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1029&pid=23799

the head cheese is made locally in Rochester NY.

--
fos@sdf.org
SDF Public Access UNIX System - https://sdf.org

Re: Head Cheese Sandwiches

<6qednR1Pm59pJ9f-nZ2dnZfqnPVi4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=226858&group=rec.food.cooking#226858

From: csh...@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Subject: Re: Head Cheese Sandwiches
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 13:51:48 +0000
 by: cshenk - Sat, 15 Oct 2022 13:51 UTC

fos@sdf.org wrote:

> seems sandwiches are a thing here lately so here goes.
>
> only cooking involved in this was making the head cheese and baking
> the rolls, neither of which i did.
>
> https://wm.sdf.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1029&pid=23800
>
> first use for the new 12 inch Victorinox slicing knife. worked
> effortlessly but will still get the sharpening stones out to put an
> even better edge on it. got it primarily to slice meat for jerky. am
> breaking in the new dehydrator with a crapton of scotch bonnet
> peppers from the garden this weekend. few more weeks will be doing
> jerky.
>
> https://wm.sdf.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1029&pid=23798
>
> fresh bulky rolls from the grocery store bakery, tomato from the
> garden, some German mustard, a few drops of Tapatio hot sauce, a few
> drops of ketchup.
>
> https://wm.sdf.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1029&pid=23799
>
> the head cheese is made locally in Rochester NY.

I used the heck out of my dehydator this year! 200 apples made into
chips and shelf stable thicker slices you can turn into stewed apples
in winter.

Re: Head Cheese Sandwiches

<3d3cfcc2-28e7-4420-a964-ec3a32fe79fen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=226926&group=rec.food.cooking#226926

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 11:54:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: itsjoann...@webtv.net (itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net)
 by: itsjoannotjoann@webt - Sat, 15 Oct 2022 18:54 UTC

On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 8:19:52 AM UTC-5, f...@sdf.org wrote:

> https://wm.sdf.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1029&pid=23800
>
> the head cheese is made locally in Rochester NY.
>
> f...@sdf.org

That looks good! Around here it's called souse and it's got some noticeable
bits of spices in it.

https://i.postimg.cc/TPr82WVR/Souse.jpg

interests / rec.food.cooking / Head Cheese Sandwiches