Truth has always been found to promote the best interests of mankind... -- Percy Bysshe Shelley

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: I wasn't lazy, Gary

SubjectAuthor
* I wasn't lazy, GaryBryan Simmons
+* Re: I wasn't lazy, Garyitsjoannotjoann@webtv.net
|+* Re: I wasn't lazy, Garyjmcquown
||`* Re: I wasn't lazy, GarySheldon Martin
|| +* Re: I wasn't lazy, Garydsi1
|| |`* Re: I wasn't lazy, GaryBruce
|| | `* Re: I wasn't lazy, Garydsi1
|| |  `- Re: I wasn't lazy, GaryBruce
|| `* Re: I wasn't lazy, GaryMichael Trew
||  +- Re: I wasn't lazy, Garyjmcquown
||  `* Re: I wasn't lazy, GaryHank Rogers
||   `* Re: I wasn't lazy, GaryMike Duffy
||    +- Re: I wasn't lazy, GaryHank Rogers
||    `- Re: I wasn't lazy, GaryMichael Trew
|`- Re: I wasn't lazy, GaryHank Rogers
+- Re: I wasn't lazy, Garysongbird
`- Re: I wasn't lazy, GarySqwertz

1
I wasn't lazy, Gary

<a2710f9a-bc47-4951-8f82-60aefbda5e46n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=227004&group=rec.food.cooking#227004

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 18:00:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: I wasn't lazy, Gary
From: bryangsi...@gmail.com (Bryan Simmons)
 by: Bryan Simmons - Sun, 16 Oct 2022 01:00 UTC

I've spent many hours over the last week engaged in that
second most virtuous activity. Yes Gary, that would be
painting. The only thing more virtuous is carpentry, since
that was the trade of our Lord and Savior.

We're frantically getting the Ferguson house move-in ready
because one of my son's friends wants to rent it. He had
been living in SW Florida w/ his MIL, but her house was
damaged, and his place of employment was destroyed. So,
he and his wife and two kids moved back to StL. The guy has
been his friend since 1st grade. Johnny can rent it to him
cheap because there's almost zero chance that the guy will
fuck the place up.

Doing schlock work is miserable to me, but caulking every
crack and priming every surface before putting on finish
coats, and cutting lines that don't vary by even a millimeter,
*that* is satisfying. The contrast between two identical, or
even very similar off whites, where the trim is glossier is more
than just practical. It's beautiful. When everything else is done,
the grand finale is going to be putting on new quarter round,
pre-painted/stained.

--Bryan

Re: I wasn't lazy, Gary

<db8f72b3-6b9d-4a2d-9ddb-4b099765c4een@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=227023&group=rec.food.cooking#227023

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 19:14:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: I wasn't lazy, Gary
From: itsjoann...@webtv.net (itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net)
 by: itsjoannotjoann@webt - Sun, 16 Oct 2022 02:14 UTC

On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 8:00:13 PM UTC-5, bryang...@gmail.com wrote:.

> We're frantically getting the Ferguson house move-in ready
> because one of my son's friends wants to rent it. He had
> been living in SW Florida w/ his MIL, but her house was
> damaged, and his place of employment was destroyed. So,
> he and his wife and two kids moved back to StL. The guy has
> been his friend since 1st grade. Johnny can rent it to him
> cheap because there's almost zero chance that the guy will
> fuck the place up.
>
> --Bryan

I hope your son's friendship does not cloud his judgement by letting
him slide with no deposit, no renters insurance, and no signed lease.

Re: I wasn't lazy, Gary

<tifq73$2uctp$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=227027&group=rec.food.cooking#227027

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 22:27:42 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sun, 16 Oct 2022 02:27 UTC

On 10/15/2022 10:14 PM, itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net wrote:
> On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 8:00:13 PM UTC-5, bryang...@gmail.com wrote:.
>>
>> We're frantically getting the Ferguson house move-in ready
>> because one of my son's friends wants to rent it. He had
>> been living in SW Florida w/ his MIL, but her house was
>> damaged, and his place of employment was destroyed. So,
>> he and his wife and two kids moved back to StL. The guy has
>> been his friend since 1st grade. Johnny can rent it to him
>> cheap because there's almost zero chance that the guy will
>> fuck the place up.
>>
>> --Bryan
>>
> I hope your son's friendship does not cloud his judgement by letting
> him slide with no deposit, no renters insurance, and no signed lease.

Agreed, Joan. I've known a couple of people who rented to friends in
"dire circumstances" who did not require anything in writing. They got
screwed out of money when the bills for electricity, etc. started coming
in and they hadn't paid a dime in rent, much less those bills. Nothing
in writing, they can skip right out.

Jill

Re: I wasn't lazy, Gary

<7d1okh1e5277t0paugk6fqbitl7qdu9a7v@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=227118&group=rec.food.cooking#227118

From: penmar...@aol.com (Sheldon Martin)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 11:15:51 -0400
 by: Sheldon Martin - Sun, 16 Oct 2022 15:15 UTC

On Sat, 15 Oct 2022 22:27:42 -0400, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On 10/15/2022 10:14 PM, itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net wrote:
>> On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 8:00:13 PM UTC-5, bryang...@gmail.com wrote:.
>>>
>>> We're frantically getting the Ferguson house move-in ready
>>> because one of my son's friends wants to rent it. He had
>>> been living in SW Florida w/ his MIL, but her house was
>>> damaged, and his place of employment was destroyed. So,
>>> he and his wife and two kids moved back to StL. The guy has
>>> been his friend since 1st grade. Johnny can rent it to him
>>> cheap because there's almost zero chance that the guy will
>>> fuck the place up.
>>>
>>> --Bryan
>>>
>> I hope your son's friendship does not cloud his judgement by letting
>> him slide with no deposit, no renters insurance, and no signed lease.
>
>Agreed, Joan. I've known a couple of people who rented to friends in
>"dire circumstances" who did not require anything in writing. They got
>screwed out of money when the bills for electricity, etc. started coming
>in and they hadn't paid a dime in rent, much less those bills. Nothing
>in writing, they can skip right out.
>
>Jill

Even with a written contract they can skip out without paying a dime
and leave tons of damage. There was a small rental house on our
property when we bought it, was for the last owner's aunt who passed
on. We bought it with a tenant, a school teacher who was no problem
for a year but she married and moved on. After having to evict two
tenants we had the rental demolished, no more douchebag tenants and
lowered our property taxes by $700. When it comes to money there is
no such thing as friends. An eviction can take a year and you still
need to pay your lawyer. That little house was totally gone in three
days, area graded and grass planted, can't tell it was ever there...
good riddance to bad rubbish... now it's just a small patch extra to
mow. We only kept the detached garage and the well with a new
electric service. The detached garage became our gardening shed, a
place to keep our small tractor, and a mini work shop. The well is
situated perfectly for watering our garden.
It cost us $10,000 for the demolition, removal, grading/seeding,
electrical work (new service), and new plumbing for the well, now has
a new self draining tank so no winterizing/heating. Anyone thinking
of becoming a landlord first see a shrink... be apprised that it's the
landlord's responsibility to supply utilities even during the eviction
and the tenant isn't paying... they can run the heat at whatever
temperature they want, even with windows open.
Rental inside, three bedrooms:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/KGvtRFs
Demolition:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/5fcpSbq

Re: I wasn't lazy, Gary

<UgZ2L.285730$PRW4.213425@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=227187&group=rec.food.cooking#227187

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 14:51:15 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Sun, 16 Oct 2022 19:51 UTC

itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net wrote:
> On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 8:00:13 PM UTC-5, bryang...@gmail.com wrote:.
>>
>> We're frantically getting the Ferguson house move-in ready
>> because one of my son's friends wants to rent it. He had
>> been living in SW Florida w/ his MIL, but her house was
>> damaged, and his place of employment was destroyed. So,
>> he and his wife and two kids moved back to StL. The guy has
>> been his friend since 1st grade. Johnny can rent it to him
>> cheap because there's almost zero chance that the guy will
>> fuck the place up.
>>
>> --Bryan
>>
> I hope your son's friendship does not cloud his judgement by letting
> him slide with no deposit, no renters insurance, and no signed lease.

I hope it's not Kuth that's moving in.

Re: I wasn't lazy, Gary

<srit1j-gt8.ln1@anthive.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=227229&group=rec.food.cooking#227229

From: songb...@anthive.com (songbird)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 10:59:40 -0400
 by: songbird - Sun, 16 Oct 2022 14:59 UTC

Bryan Simmons wrote:
> ... It's beautiful. When everything else is done,
> the grand finale is going to be putting on new quarter round,
> pre-painted/stained.

it's nice when you're done and can look at it knowing you
won't ever have to do it again. :)

we're staining the house, i could put another 10 tubes of
brown caulk in all the siding defects but i'm done with that
for this year. what i did was enough down low to keep the
ants out and looks nice now that it's stained over.

working on a few more walls today to get stained until the
stain runs out. will need to pick up some more to finish
the job.

cutting in each board takes the most time after all the
prep work of caulking.

the eaves will get done maybe next summer, depends upon
how the weather holds up and if i feel like doing them this
fall or not. we'll see...

5-6hrs a day going up and down the ladder makes for a
good workout. when the forecast switches to cold and rain
at least i can take a break.

though, sadly, not much gardening is getting done...
frosts have killed everything off so not much to do other
than get them ready for winter and plant some garlic.

songbird

Re: I wasn't lazy, Gary

<ff1113b6-801d-4d3f-ba54-d582ee65b45bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=227230&group=rec.food.cooking#227230

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 17:40:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: dsi...@hawaiiantel.net (dsi1)
 by: dsi1 - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 00:40 UTC

On Sunday, October 16, 2022 at 5:15:57 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Oct 2022 22:27:42 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
> wrote:

> >> I hope your son's friendship does not cloud his judgement by letting
> >> him slide with no deposit, no renters insurance, and no signed lease.
> >
> >Agreed, Joan. I've known a couple of people who rented to friends in
> >"dire circumstances" who did not require anything in writing. They got
> >screwed out of money when the bills for electricity, etc. started coming
> >in and they hadn't paid a dime in rent, much less those bills. Nothing
> >in writing, they can skip right out.
> >
> >Jill
> Even with a written contract they can skip out without paying a dime
> and leave tons of damage. There was a small rental house on our
> property when we bought it, was for the last owner's aunt who passed
> on. We bought it with a tenant, a school teacher who was no problem
> for a year but she married and moved on. After having to evict two
> tenants we had the rental demolished, no more douchebag tenants and
> lowered our property taxes by $700. When it comes to money there is
> no such thing as friends. An eviction can take a year and you still
> need to pay your lawyer. That little house was totally gone in three
> days, area graded and grass planted, can't tell it was ever there...
> good riddance to bad rubbish... now it's just a small patch extra to
> mow. We only kept the detached garage and the well with a new
> electric service. The detached garage became our gardening shed, a
> place to keep our small tractor, and a mini work shop. The well is
> situated perfectly for watering our garden.
> It cost us $10,000 for the demolition, removal, grading/seeding,
> electrical work (new service), and new plumbing for the well, now has
> a new self draining tank so no winterizing/heating. Anyone thinking
> of becoming a landlord first see a shrink... be apprised that it's the
> landlord's responsibility to supply utilities even during the eviction
> and the tenant isn't paying... they can run the heat at whatever
> temperature they want, even with windows open.
> Rental inside, three bedrooms:
> https://postimg.cc/gallery/KGvtRFs
> Demolition:
> https://postimg.cc/gallery/5fcpSbq

If that property was on this rock, it would be worth a million bucks - plus more for the land. You'd probably be able to rent it out for $2,200/month.

Re: I wasn't lazy, Gary

<jr3o3pFqnpaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=227237&group=rec.food.cooking#227237

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 12:05:56 +1100
 by: Bruce - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 01:05 UTC

On Sun, 16 Oct 2022 17:40:03 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
<dsi123@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:

>On Sunday, October 16, 2022 at 5:15:57 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>
>> Even with a written contract they can skip out without paying a dime
>> and leave tons of damage. There was a small rental house on our
>> property when we bought it, was for the last owner's aunt who passed
>> on. We bought it with a tenant, a school teacher who was no problem
>> for a year but she married and moved on. After having to evict two
>> tenants we had the rental demolished, no more douchebag tenants and
>> lowered our property taxes by $700. When it comes to money there is
>> no such thing as friends. An eviction can take a year and you still
>> need to pay your lawyer. That little house was totally gone in three
>> days, area graded and grass planted, can't tell it was ever there...
>> good riddance to bad rubbish... now it's just a small patch extra to
>> mow. We only kept the detached garage and the well with a new
>> electric service. The detached garage became our gardening shed, a
>> place to keep our small tractor, and a mini work shop. The well is
>> situated perfectly for watering our garden.
>> It cost us $10,000 for the demolition, removal, grading/seeding,
>> electrical work (new service), and new plumbing for the well, now has
>> a new self draining tank so no winterizing/heating. Anyone thinking
>> of becoming a landlord first see a shrink... be apprised that it's the
>> landlord's responsibility to supply utilities even during the eviction
>> and the tenant isn't paying... they can run the heat at whatever
>> temperature they want, even with windows open.
>> Rental inside, three bedrooms:
>> https://postimg.cc/gallery/KGvtRFs
>> Demolition:
>> https://postimg.cc/gallery/5fcpSbq
>
>If that property was on this rock, it would be worth a million bucks - plus more for the land. You'd probably be able to rent it out for $2,200/month.

It looks very basic on the inside. Good enough for me, but basic. With
an acre of land, I'd estimate it to be around AUD 400K here. That's
USD 250K at the moment. Normally, more like 300K.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Re: I wasn't lazy, Gary

<ac2988b9-7a77-4ac0-8b07-2dfc25e933e8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=227240&group=rec.food.cooking#227240

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 18:17:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: dsi...@hawaiiantel.net (dsi1)
 by: dsi1 - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 01:17 UTC

On Sunday, October 16, 2022 at 3:06:08 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Oct 2022 17:40:03 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, October 16, 2022 at 5:15:57 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> >
> >> Even with a written contract they can skip out without paying a dime
> >> and leave tons of damage. There was a small rental house on our
> >> property when we bought it, was for the last owner's aunt who passed
> >> on. We bought it with a tenant, a school teacher who was no problem
> >> for a year but she married and moved on. After having to evict two
> >> tenants we had the rental demolished, no more douchebag tenants and
> >> lowered our property taxes by $700. When it comes to money there is
> >> no such thing as friends. An eviction can take a year and you still
> >> need to pay your lawyer. That little house was totally gone in three
> >> days, area graded and grass planted, can't tell it was ever there...
> >> good riddance to bad rubbish... now it's just a small patch extra to
> >> mow. We only kept the detached garage and the well with a new
> >> electric service. The detached garage became our gardening shed, a
> >> place to keep our small tractor, and a mini work shop. The well is
> >> situated perfectly for watering our garden.
> >> It cost us $10,000 for the demolition, removal, grading/seeding,
> >> electrical work (new service), and new plumbing for the well, now has
> >> a new self draining tank so no winterizing/heating. Anyone thinking
> >> of becoming a landlord first see a shrink... be apprised that it's the
> >> landlord's responsibility to supply utilities even during the eviction
> >> and the tenant isn't paying... they can run the heat at whatever
> >> temperature they want, even with windows open.
> >> Rental inside, three bedrooms:
> >> https://postimg.cc/gallery/KGvtRFs
> >> Demolition:
> >> https://postimg.cc/gallery/5fcpSbq
> >
> >If that property was on this rock, it would be worth a million bucks - plus more for the land. You'd probably be able to rent it out for $2,200/month.
> It looks very basic on the inside. Good enough for me, but basic. With
> an acre of land, I'd estimate it to be around AUD 400K here. That's
> USD 250K at the moment. Normally, more like 300K.
>
> --
> Bruce
> <https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

It's pretty basic alright. It would still be worth a million. My son rents a place above a house. It's renting for $2400/month. He's paying 800 a month for his share of the rent. A lot of young people are leaving the state for the mainland. I've told my kids to try to find a life on the mainland but they're all here. Perhaps we'll have to leave first.

Re: I wasn't lazy, Gary

<jr3r1hFr5njU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=227246&group=rec.food.cooking#227246

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 12:55:56 +1100
 by: Bruce - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 01:55 UTC

On Sun, 16 Oct 2022 18:17:27 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
<dsi123@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:

>On Sunday, October 16, 2022 at 3:06:08 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 16 Oct 2022 17:40:03 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:
>> >
>> >If that property was on this rock, it would be worth a million bucks - plus more for the land. You'd probably be able to rent it out for $2,200/month.
>> It looks very basic on the inside. Good enough for me, but basic. With
>> an acre of land, I'd estimate it to be around AUD 400K here. That's
>> USD 250K at the moment. Normally, more like 300K.
>>
>> --
>> Bruce
>> <https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>
>
>It's pretty basic alright. It would still be worth a million. My son rents a place above a house. It's renting for $2400/month. He's paying 800 a month for his share of the rent. A lot of young people are leaving the state for the mainland. I've told my kids to try to find a life on the mainland but they're all here. Perhaps we'll have to leave first.

First time house buyers are having a very hard time here, but it
sounds even worse in Hawaii.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Re: I wasn't lazy, Gary

<1nfddbn9kei3h$.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=227256&group=rec.food.cooking#227256

From: sqwert...@gmail.invalid (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 22:39:49 -0500
 by: Sqwertz - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 03:39 UTC

On Sat, 15 Oct 2022 18:00:10 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:

> I've spent many hours over the last week engaged in that
> second most virtuous activity. Yes Gary, that would be
> painting. The only thing more virtuous is carpentry, since
> that was the trade of our Lord and Savior.
>
> We're frantically getting the Ferguson house move-in ready
> because one of my son's friends wants to rent it. He had
> been living in SW Florida w/ his MIL, but her house was
> damaged, and his place of employment was destroyed. So,
> he and his wife and two kids moved back to StL. The guy has
> been his friend since 1st grade. Johnny can rent it to him
> cheap because there's almost zero chance that the guy will
> fuck the place up.
>
> Doing schlock work is miserable to me, but caulking every
> crack and priming every surface before putting on finish
> coats, and cutting lines that don't vary by even a millimeter,
> *that* is satisfying. The contrast between two identical, or
> even very similar off whites, where the trim is glossier is more
> than just practical. It's beautiful. When everything else is done,
> the grand finale is going to be putting on new quarter round,
> pre-painted/stained.

Uh, you can't take that picture of that bathroom floor back. We
SAW it.

-sw

Re: I wasn't lazy, Gary

<Bfj3L.302280$elEa.22351@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=227323&group=rec.food.cooking#227323

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 16:51:56 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 20:51 UTC

On 10/16/2022 11:15, Sheldon Martin wrote:

> There was a small rental house on our
> property when we bought it, was for the last owner's aunt who passed
> on.
> It cost us $10,000 for the demolition, removal, grading/seeding,
> electrical work (new service), and new plumbing for the well, now has
> a new self draining tank so no winterizing/heating.
> Rental inside, three bedrooms:
> https://postimg.cc/gallery/KGvtRFs
> Demolition:
> https://postimg.cc/gallery/5fcpSbq

Cute little house, shame you tore it down. I've seen way worse houses
around here that people actually live in... it's amazing sometimes.

Re: I wasn't lazy, Gary

<tikg7h$3hcs8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=227330&group=rec.food.cooking#227330

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 17:08:00 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 21:08 UTC

On 10/17/2022 4:51 PM, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 10/16/2022 11:15, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>>
>> There was a small rental house on our
>> property when we bought it, was for the last owner's aunt who passed
>> on.
>> It cost us $10,000 for the demolition, removal, grading/seeding,
>> electrical work (new service), and new plumbing for the well, now has
>> a new self draining tank so no winterizing/heating.
>> Rental inside, three bedrooms:
>> https://postimg.cc/gallery/KGvtRFs
>> Demolition:
>> https://postimg.cc/gallery/5fcpSbq
>
> Cute little house, shame you tore it down.  I've seen way worse houses
> around here that people actually live in... it's amazing sometimes.

IIRC, he got tired of being a landlord. Upkeep aside, tearing it down
saved him a lot of money in property taxes.

Jill

Re: I wasn't lazy, Gary

<cYj3L.557006$6Il8.301046@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=227339&group=rec.food.cooking#227339

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 16:39:13 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 21:39 UTC

Michael Trew wrote:
> On 10/16/2022 11:15, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>>
>> There was a small rental house on our
>> property when we bought it, was for the last owner's aunt who passed
>> on.
>> It cost us $10,000 for the demolition, removal, grading/seeding,
>> electrical work (new service), and new plumbing for the well, now
>> has
>> a new self draining tank so no winterizing/heating.
>> Rental inside, three bedrooms:
>> https://postimg.cc/gallery/KGvtRFs
>> Demolition:
>> https://postimg.cc/gallery/5fcpSbq
>
> Cute little house, shame you tore it down.  I've seen way worse
> houses around here that people actually live in... it's amazing
> sometimes.

He tore it down simply because nobody in the vicinity would rent
from him, once they'd met him.

Can you blame them? Would you want him for a neighbor?

Anyway, it was best to avoid the taxes, given that it would only
sit empty, or be used as a storage shed.

Re: I wasn't lazy, Gary

<eUl3L.306568$elEa.304630@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=227369&group=rec.food.cooking#227369

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: mxdu...@bell.net (Mike Duffy)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 23:51:38 GMT
 by: Mike Duffy - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 23:51 UTC

On 2022-10-17, Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Can you blame them? Would you want him for a neighbor?

I'd probably get a lot of free soup
fixins outside of his kitchen window.

Re: I wasn't lazy, Gary

<sjm3L.87159$1Ly7.43356@fx34.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=227374&group=rec.food.cooking#227374

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 19:20:39 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 00:20 UTC

Mike Duffy wrote:
> On 2022-10-17, Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Can you blame them? Would you want him for a neighbor?
>
> I'd probably get a lot of free soup
> fixins outside of his kitchen window.

Maybe, but you'll need hip boots or waders to get to a good spot to
catch the stuff.

Re: I wasn't lazy, Gary

<j7L3L.415358$wLZ8.70454@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=227565&group=rec.food.cooking#227565

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 00:34:34 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Wed, 19 Oct 2022 04:34 UTC

On 10/17/2022 19:51, Mike Duffy wrote:
> On 2022-10-17, Hank Rogers<hank@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Can you blame them? Would you want him for a neighbor?
>
> I'd probably get a lot of free soup
> fixins outside of his kitchen window.

You'll have to fight the critters.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: I wasn't lazy, Gary