I waited and waited and when no message came I knew it must be from you.

interests / alt.politics / Biden's Dangerous Iran Deal

SubjectAuthor
* Biden's Dangerous Iran DealUbiquitous
+* Re: Biden's Dangerous Iran DealChopSuey
|`* Re: Biden's Dangerous Iran DealByker
| `- Re: Biden's Dangerous Iran Dealgovernor.swill
`- Re: Biden's Dangerous Iran DealSiri Cruise

1
Biden's Dangerous Iran Deal

<FaycnbQRUvYP04H-nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23059&group=alt.politics#23059

Newsgroups: alt.tv.pol-incorrect,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.niserable-failure,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa
Subject: Biden's Dangerous Iran Deal
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 21:05:01 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 01:05 UTC

As the world is focused on Ukraine, President Biden is on the cusp of
another catastrophic foreign-policy failure � this one, in negotiations
with Iran over its nuclear program. It would be bad enough had Biden
simply revived the disastrous Obama-era deal. But his negotiators are
somehow managing to make it substantially worse.

What�s brewing in Vienna will be, as former national-security official
Richard Goldberg puts it, �The New Worst Deal in History.� Under the
direction of Biden�s Iran envoy Robert Malley, American negotiators in
Vienna are poised to grant Iran an unfettered path toward a nuclear
program and further destabilization of the region.

During the 2020 campaign, Biden made an �unshakeable commitment� to
block Iran from a bomb through a return to the 2015 Joint Comprehensive
Plan of Action, or JCPOA, which President Trump had pulled out of while
imposing stiff new sanctions on Iran. The problem then and now is the
same � the JCPOA never prevented Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon,
it allowed it to continue ballistic-missile development, and it ignored
Iran�s status as the world�s leading sponsor of terrorism. The deal�s
billions in sanctions relief (to say nothing of the ransom payments)
have funded the brutality of the regime and its proxies.

The original JCPOA was inherently a deeply destructive concession; a
return to the JCPOA would be an utter capitulation. Knowing Biden was
desperate for a deal, the mullahs played hard to get, refusing to sit
down with American negotiators. Consequently, Malley and the
administration have used intermediaries, and � breathtakingly in light
of current events � Russian diplomat Mikhail Ulyanov has played a
leading role in the talks. How comforting to learn that, pursuant to a
Russian proposal in January reportedly extended with the knowledge of
the American delegation, Iran would reap the benefits of sanctions
relief by parking the uranium it has been enriching with Moscow.

One of the main failures of the original Iran deal was that even if the
regime followed all of its provisions, it would remain on a long-term
glide path to nuclear weapons, as the deal�s restrictions began to
sunset within ten years of its 2016 implementation. But given Iran�s
advancements since the original deal, Tehran is currently enriching
uranium at up to 60 percent purity, producing uranium metal, and hiding
stockpiles of fissile material from the IAEA. As a result, the Islamic
Republic has a breakout time of under six months.

The original JCPOA capped enrichment at 3.67 percent. Mohammad Eslami,
the head of Iran�s Atomic Energy Organization, said that even if Vienna
ends up again in a JCPOA-style deal, Iran will continue to enrich at up
to 20 percent � the threshold for being considered highly enriched and
a crucial hurdle in the path to nuclearization.

What�s the catch for Iran? Absolutely nothing. The Islamic Republic
would be flooded with billions from frozen assets and dropped sanctions
to finance its destabilizing activities across the Middle East. In
fact, to show its diplomatic goodwill, the Biden administration has
overlooked Iran�s violation of its oil sanctions and granted sanction
waivers on Tehran�s gas trade with Iraq and its civil nuclear program.

Gabriel Noronha, a former State Department official, reported that the
Biden administration is planning to lift terrorism sanctions. It was
irrational of Obama to cordon off Iran�s sponsorship of terrorism from
its nuclear-weapons activities, but at least that meant terrorism-
related sanctions remained in effect, despite the JCPOA. During his
nomination hearing, Secretary of State Antony Blinken stated that the
U.S. had to do �everything possible . . . including the toughest
possible sanctions,� to deal with Iranian-sponsored terrorism. Now, as
the Iranians capitalize on a weak White House desperate for a deal,
anything goes.

This would include lifting sanctions on thugs including Brigadier
General Hoseein Dehghan, who led Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps
forces in Lebanon during the 1983 Marine barracks bombing in Beirut.
Noronha even reports that negotiations include the potential removal of
the IRGC from the list of foreign terrorist organizations, and the
consequent lifting of sanctions imposed against it.

The Islamic Republic is a consistent sponsor of terrorism and force for
the instability of the region. It has continually supported the likes
of Hezbollah, Hamas, and the Houthis. It has armed Hezbollah with
thousands of rockets and missiles to menace Israel. The IRGC
orchestrated Iran�s brutal operations in Iraq and Syria and continues
to support terrorist groups throughout the Middle East. But instead of
holding Iran accountable, the Biden administration would not only
remove the stigma of the terrorism designation but reward it with
billions to underwrite its activities. Indeed, as a general matter,
besides temporary limits on its nuclear work, the agreement Biden is
reportedly contemplating imposes no restrictions on what Iran may do
with its windfall � not on terrorism, support for terrorist proxies,
ballistic-missile development, hostage-taking, and the rest of its
atrocious menu.

That�s not even the White House�s greatest delusion; they seem to
believe this weaker version of the JCPOA will be a springboard for a
�longer and stronger� deal. But we�ve played all our cards, and Iran
isn�t likely to return to the negotiating table after scoring a deal as
sweet as this one.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Biden's Dangerous Iran Deal

<EJ0TK.6082$NNy7.5138@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23060&group=alt.politics#23060

Newsgroups: alt.tv.pol-incorrect,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.niserable-failure,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa
From: ChopS...@catfooyong.com (ChopSuey)
Subject: Re: Biden's Dangerous Iran Deal
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 13:57:56 GMT
 by: ChopSuey - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 13:57 UTC

On 2022-09-09, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> As the world is focused on Ukraine, President Biden is on the cusp of
> another catastrophic foreign-policy failure — this one, in negotiations
> with Iran over its nuclear program. It would be bad enough had Biden
> simply revived the disastrous Obama-era deal. But his negotiators are
> somehow managing to make it substantially worse.
>
> What’s brewing in Vienna will be, as former national-security official
> Richard Goldberg puts it, “The New Worst Deal in History.” Under the
> direction of Biden’s Iran envoy Robert Malley, American negotiators in
> Vienna are poised to grant Iran an unfettered path toward a nuclear
> program and further destabilization of the region.

Biden along with Kerry are weak, fools.
If they think for one second that tossing piles of money to corrupt countries that want to turn the
USA to ashes is a smart idea then they are idiots.

Iran probably already has 99 percent of nuclear warheads built and they will not hesitate to use
them.
Couple China and Russia into the deal and it's a mess as Biden depletes our own, non nuclear,
defense systems sending them to Ukraine.

The man is a complete fool.

--
ChopSuey
No, I haven't seen your cat.

Re: Biden's Dangerous Iran Deal

<chine.bleu-505D37.07491010092022@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23063&group=alt.politics#23063

From: chine.b...@yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.pol-incorrect,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.niserable-failure,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 07:49:18 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 14:49 UTC

In article <FaycnbQRUvYP04H-nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Vienna are poised to grant Iran an unfettered path toward a nuclear
> program and further destabilization of the region.

Don Fatso already did that. Obama managed to get an international
coalition. Don Fatso destroyed that. Unless you want the US to
invade Iran, what do you think can be done?

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

Re: Biden's Dangerous Iran Deal

<fRmdnSUpJcNnnIP-nZ2dnZfqn_ti4p2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23068&group=alt.politics#23068

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.pol-incorrect,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.miserable-failure,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 09:47:40 -0500
 by: Byker - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 14:47 UTC

"ChopSuey" wrote in message news:EJ0TK.6082$NNy7.5138@fx39.iad...

> Iran probably already has 99 percent of nuclear warheads built and they
> will not hesitate to use them.

Anytime they want their country turned into an ashtray,
all they have to do is use ONE...

Re: Biden's Dangerous Iran Deal

<tkfshh14p4c68k9bee3rlq1h4kpumtn1mc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23070&group=alt.politics#23070

From: governor...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: alt.tv.pol-incorrect,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.miserable-failure,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 16:02:08 -0400
 by: governor...@gmail.com - Sun, 11 Sep 2022 20:02 UTC

On Sat, 10 Sep 2022 09:47:40 -0500, "Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> wrote:

>"ChopSuey" wrote in message news:EJ0TK.6082$NNy7.5138@fx39.iad...
>>
>> Iran probably already has 99 percent of nuclear warheads built and they
>> will not hesitate to use them.
>
>Anytime they want their country turned into an ashtray,
>all they have to do is use ONE...

Wow! The sand around here sure is shiny . . .

Swill
--
Trump's lament . . .
It didn't happen.