Two wrongs don't make a right, but they make a good excuse. -- Thomas Szasz

interests / alt.politics / Re: Experts - "Deep Fakes" Now SO Easy To Make You Can't Trust ANYTHING

SubjectAuthor
* Experts - "Deep Fakes" Now SO Easy To Make You Can't Trust ANYTHING25B.Z969
`* Re: Experts - "Deep Fakes" Now SO Easy To Make You Can't TrustHisler
 `* Re: Experts - "Deep Fakes" Now SO Easy To Make You Can't Trust25B.Z969
  `* Re: Experts - "Deep Fakes" Now SO Easy To Make You Can't TrustHisler
   `* Re: Experts - "Deep Fakes" Now SO Easy To Make You Can't Trust25B.Z969
    `* Re: Experts - "Deep Fakes" Now SO Easy To Make You Can't TrustNic
     `- Re: Experts - "Deep Fakes" Now SO Easy To Make You Can't Trust25B.Z969

1
Experts - "Deep Fakes" Now SO Easy To Make You Can't Trust ANYTHING

<yoednakOpefJ84D-nZ2dnZfqn_hg4p2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23066&group=alt.politics#23066

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics,alt.survival
From: 25B.Z...@noda.net (25B.Z969)
Subject: Experts - "Deep Fakes" Now SO Easy To Make You Can't Trust ANYTHING
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 01:12:50 -0400
 by: 25B.Z969 - Sun, 11 Sep 2022 05:12 UTC

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cybersecurity-expert-debunk-people-believe-deepfake

Cybersecurity expert: Even if you debunk it, people believe
the deepfake

Deepfake technology has become increasingly accessible and
advanced, Morgan Wright says

.. . .

Once upon a time, not so long ago, people believed
the reports of eye-witnesses.

Then they believed The News.

Then then believed photographs.

Then they believed videos.

NOW they can believe NOTHING.

Nowhere left to go.

Now it's a Dali-verse.

Problem - we require FACTS to make SANE, LOGICAL,
decisions.

Now there aren't any.

See the issue ?

It's a BIG issue.

Video was pretty much the LAST gold standard.
Now anybody can manufacture them to order - and
the first one people see tends to be the one
they BELIEVE.

This is BAD on many levels - beyond Orwell or
the Brave New World.

Re: Experts - "Deep Fakes" Now SO Easy To Make You Can't Trust ANYTHING

<tfma7f$263h7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23072&group=alt.politics#23072

From: his...@nym.hush.com (Hisler)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics,alt.survival
Subject: Re: Experts - "Deep Fakes" Now SO Easy To Make You Can't Trust
ANYTHING
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 21:49:02 -0600
 by: Hisler - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 03:49 UTC

On 9/10/2022 11:12 PM, 25B.Z969 wrote:
> https://www.foxnews.com/media/cybersecurity-expert-debunk-people-believe-deepfake
>
> Cybersecurity expert: Even if you debunk it, people believe
> the deepfake
>
> Deepfake technology has become increasingly accessible and
> advanced, Morgan Wright says
>
> . . .
>
>   Once upon a time, not so long ago, people believed
>   the reports of eye-witnesses.
>
>   Then they believed The News.
>
>   Then then believed photographs.
>
>   Then they believed videos.
>
>   NOW they can believe NOTHING.
>
>   Nowhere left to go.
>
>   Now it's a Dali-verse.
>
>   Problem - we require FACTS to make SANE, LOGICAL,
>   decisions.
>
>   Now there aren't any.
>
>   See the issue ?
>
>   It's a BIG issue.
>
>   Video was pretty much the LAST gold standard.
>   Now anybody can manufacture them to order - and
>   the first one people see tends to be the one
>   they BELIEVE.
>
>   This is BAD on many levels - beyond Orwell or
>   the Brave New World.

Here's a deep fake with Jim Carrey as Jack Nicholson in The Shining.

https://youtu.be/HG_NZpkttXE
--
"Build Back Better means Destroy More Quickly."

"Title 8, U.S.C. § 1324(a) defines several distinct offenses related to
aliens. Subsection 1324(a)(1)(i)-(v) prohibits alien smuggling, domestic
transportation of unauthorized aliens, concealing or harboring
unauthorized aliens, encouraging or inducing unauthorized aliens to
enter the United States, and engaging in a conspiracy or aiding and
abetting any of the preceding acts. Subsection 1324(a)(2) prohibits
bringing or attempting to bring unauthorized aliens to the United States
in any manner whatsoever, even at a designated port of entry. Subsection
1324(a)(3)."

"We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter
fraud organization in the history of American politics." -Joe Biden

"C'mon man! If you didn't vote for me , you ain't black ." Joe Biden -

https://www.globalgulag.us

Re: Experts - "Deep Fakes" Now SO Easy To Make You Can't Trust ANYTHING

<YLidnd6v_ZDdKoP-nZ2dnZfqnPpg4p2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23073&group=alt.politics#23073

ANYTHING
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics,alt.survival
From: 25B.Z...@noda.net (25B.Z969)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 00:36:15 -0400
 by: 25B.Z969 - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 04:36 UTC

On 9/11/22 11:49 PM, Hisler wrote:
> On 9/10/2022 11:12 PM, 25B.Z969 wrote:
>> https://www.foxnews.com/media/cybersecurity-expert-debunk-people-believe-deepfake
>>

>> Cybersecurity expert: Even if you debunk it, people believe
>> the deepfake
>>
>> Deepfake technology has become increasingly accessible and
>> advanced, Morgan Wright says
>>
>> . . .
>>
>>    Once upon a time, not so long ago, people believed
>>    the reports of eye-witnesses.
>>
>>    Then they believed The News.
>>
>>    Then then believed photographs.
>>
>>    Then they believed videos.
>>
>>    NOW they can believe NOTHING.
>>
>>    Nowhere left to go.
>>
>>    Now it's a Dali-verse.
>>
>>    Problem - we require FACTS to make SANE, LOGICAL,
>>    decisions.
>>
>>    Now there aren't any.
>>
>>    See the issue ?
>>
>>    It's a BIG issue.
>>
>>    Video was pretty much the LAST gold standard.
>>    Now anybody can manufacture them to order - and
>>    the first one people see tends to be the one
>>    they BELIEVE.
>>
>>    This is BAD on many levels - beyond Orwell or
>>    the Brave New World.
>

> Here's a deep fake with Jim Carrey as Jack Nicholson in The Shining.
>
> https://youtu.be/HG_NZpkttXE

That's just a 'fake' ...

Look up "Deep Fake" and see the serious problem.

World leaders - political, financial, industrial, cultural,
religious - can be CONVINCINGLY be show as doing/saying
things they never did. The aforementioned study shows
that people tend to believe the fake - and reject the
oft-complex proofs that it WAS a fake.

Re: Experts - "Deep Fakes" Now SO Easy To Make You Can't Trust ANYTHING

<tfni7h$29fp4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23075&group=alt.politics#23075

From: his...@nym.hush.com (Hisler)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics,alt.survival
ANYTHING
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 09:11:45 -0600
 by: Hisler - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 15:11 UTC

On 9/11/2022 10:36 PM, 25B.Z969 wrote:
> On 9/11/22 11:49 PM, Hisler wrote:
>> On 9/10/2022 11:12 PM, 25B.Z969 wrote:
>>> https://www.foxnews.com/media/cybersecurity-expert-debunk-people-believe-deepfake
>>>
>>> Cybersecurity expert: Even if you debunk it, people believe
>>> the deepfake
>>>
>>> Deepfake technology has become increasingly accessible and
>>> advanced, Morgan Wright says
>>>
>>> . . .
>>>
>>>    Once upon a time, not so long ago, people believed
>>>    the reports of eye-witnesses.
>>>
>>>    Then they believed The News.
>>>
>>>    Then then believed photographs.
>>>
>>>    Then they believed videos.
>>>
>>>    NOW they can believe NOTHING.
>>>
>>>    Nowhere left to go.
>>>
>>>    Now it's a Dali-verse.
>>>
>>>    Problem - we require FACTS to make SANE, LOGICAL,
>>>    decisions.
>>>
>>>    Now there aren't any.
>>>
>>>    See the issue ?
>>>
>>>    It's a BIG issue.
>>>
>>>    Video was pretty much the LAST gold standard.
>>>    Now anybody can manufacture them to order - and
>>>    the first one people see tends to be the one
>>>    they BELIEVE.
>>>
>>>    This is BAD on many levels - beyond Orwell or
>>>    the Brave New World.
>>

>> Here's a deep fake with Jim Carrey as Jack Nicholson in The Shining.
>>
>> https://youtu.be/HG_NZpkttXE
>
>   That's just a 'fake' ...
>
>   Look up "Deep Fake" and see the serious problem.
>
>   World leaders - political, financial, industrial, cultural,
>   religious - can be CONVINCINGLY be show as doing/saying
>   things they never did. The aforementioned study shows
>   that people tend to believe the fake - and reject the
>   oft-complex proofs that it WAS a fake.

The inverse would also be true. Someone could try to weasel out of some
embarrassing or damning indictment against them by claiming that what
was factually true was "in fact" a deep fake.

--
[...]

<UYGdnT_SnOXZI4L-nZ2dnZfqn_hi4p2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23076&group=alt.politics#23076

ANYTHING
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics,alt.survival
From: 25B.Z...@noda.net (25B.Z969)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 19:18:27 -0400
 by: 25B.Z969 - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 23:18 UTC

On 9/12/22 11:11 AM, Hisler wrote:
> On 9/11/2022 10:36 PM, 25B.Z969 wrote:

>>> Here's a deep fake with Jim Carrey as Jack Nicholson in The Shining.
>>>
>>> https://youtu.be/HG_NZpkttXE
>>
>>    That's just a 'fake' ...
>>
>>    Look up "Deep Fake" and see the serious problem.
>>
>>    World leaders - political, financial, industrial, cultural,
>>    religious - can be CONVINCINGLY be show as doing/saying
>>    things they never did. The aforementioned study shows
>>    that people tend to believe the fake - and reject the
>>    oft-complex proofs that it WAS a fake.
>>

> The inverse would also be true. Someone could try to weasel out of some
> embarrassing or damning indictment against them by claiming that what
> was factually true was "in fact" a deep fake.

Individuals trying to hide that they fucked the boss's
daughter ... not so worried. Nation states maneuvering
for absolute power, terrorists, anarchists, the hateful
who misrepresent presidents and priests and ranking pols
and military officers - putting false words in their
mouths, putting them in places they never were - THAT'S
a big threat to global survival.

There IS one flip - when The State doesn't like you and
manufactures "proof" that you're a criminal/terrorist/
maniac. It's easy now - quicker and cheaper than having
a REAL investigation, finding REAL evidence.

Re: Experts - "Deep Fakes" Now SO Easy To Make You Can't Trust ANYTHING

<AdPTK.25558$0qy7.23527@fx40.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23077&group=alt.politics#23077

ANYTHING
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics,alt.survival
From: Nic...@none.net (Nic)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 19:25:20 -0400
 by: Nic - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 23:25 UTC

On 9/12/22 7:18 PM, 25B.Z969 wrote:
> On 9/12/22 11:11 AM, Hisler wrote:

>>>    That's just a 'fake' ...
>>>
>>>    Look up "Deep Fake" and see the serious problem.
>>>
>>>    World leaders - political, financial, industrial, cultural,
>>>    religious - can be CONVINCINGLY be show as doing/saying
>>>    things they never did. The aforementioned study shows
>>>    that people tend to believe the fake - and reject the
>>>    oft-complex proofs that it WAS a fake.
>>>

>> The inverse would also be true. Someone could try to weasel out of
>> some embarrassing or damning indictment against them by claiming that
>> what was factually true was "in fact" a deep fake.
>
>   Individuals trying to hide that they fucked the boss's
>   daughter ... not so worried. Nation states maneuvering
>   for absolute power, terrorists, anarchists, the hateful
>   who misrepresent presidents and priests and ranking pols
>   and military officers - putting false words in their
>   mouths, putting them in places they never were - THAT'S
>   a big threat to global survival.
>
>   There IS one flip - when The State doesn't like you and
>   manufactures "proof" that you're a criminal/terrorist/
>   maniac. It's easy now - quicker and cheaper than having
>   a REAL investigation, finding REAL evidence.

How many leaders are compromised into submission?

Re: Experts - "Deep Fakes" Now SO Easy To Make You Can't Trust ANYTHING

<FDadnWr1uoWIV4L-nZ2dnZfqnPhj4p2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23080&group=alt.politics#23080

ANYTHING
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics,alt.survival
From: 25B.Z...@noda.net (25B.Z969)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 20:08:19 -0400
 by: 25B.Z969 - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 00:08 UTC

On 9/12/22 7:25 PM, Nic wrote:
> On 9/12/22 7:18 PM, 25B.Z969 wrote:

>>> The inverse would also be true. Someone could try to weasel out of
>>> some embarrassing or damning indictment against them by claiming that
>>> what was factually true was "in fact" a deep fake.
>>
>>   Individuals trying to hide that they fucked the boss's
>>   daughter ... not so worried. Nation states maneuvering
>>   for absolute power, terrorists, anarchists, the hateful
>>   who misrepresent presidents and priests and ranking pols
>>   and military officers - putting false words in their
>>   mouths, putting them in places they never were - THAT'S
>>   a big threat to global survival.
>>
>>   There IS one flip - when The State doesn't like you and
>>   manufactures "proof" that you're a criminal/terrorist/
>>   maniac. It's easy now - quicker and cheaper than having
>>   a REAL investigation, finding REAL evidence.
>
> How many leaders are compromised into submission?

We'll see, won't we ?

But consider - what if a "candid video" of Putin saying
he will nuke Kyiv on thursday goes viral ? Global
military panic, itchy trigger-fingers, populations in
panic. Russia SEES all this war prep and, of course,
has to counter-prep, which escalates further ....

Doesn't matter if they figure out it's a DeepFake within
24 hours, the damage has already been done, maybe a big
war has been started. Even if no war, the populations WILL
believe the DeepFake and remain in a giant panic for
some time.