The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. -- Mark Twain

interests / soc.history.medieval / The GOP 2023

SubjectAuthor
* The GOP 2023Tiglath
+* Re: The GOP 2023Surreyman
|`* Re: The GOP 2023Tiglath
| +- Re: The GOP 2023D. Spencer Hines
| `* Re: 2024 In The USAD. Spencer Hines
|  `- Re: 2024 In The USAPeter Jason
+* Re: The GOP 2023Ed Stasiak
|`- Re: The GOP 2023Tiglath
+* Re: The GOP 2023 - Tiglath remains an Off-Topic jerk!a425couple
|`- Re: The GOP 2023 - Tiglath remains an Off-Topic jerk!Tiglath
+- Re: The GOP 2023Tiglath
+* Re: The GOP 2023Tiglath
|`- Re: The GOP 2023Tiglath
+* Re: The GOP 2023Tiglath
|`* Re: The GOP 2023D Hines
| `* Re: The GOP 2023Tiglath
|  `* Re: The GOP 2023D. Spencer Hines
|   `* Re: The GOP 2023D. Spencer Hines
|    `* Re: The GOP 2023Tiglath
|     `* Re: The GOP 2023Surreyman
|      `* Re: The GOP 2023Tiglath
|       `* Re: The GOP 2023Surreyman
|        `* Re: The GOP 2023Tiglath
|         `* Re: The GOP 2023Surreyman
|          `* Re: The GOP 2023Tiglath
|           `* Re: The GOP 2023Surreyman
|            +* Re: The GOP 2023D. Spencer Hines
|            |`* Re: The GOP 2023D. Spencer Hines
|            | `- Re: The GOP 2023Tiglath
|            `* Re: The GOP 2023D. Spencer Hines
|             `- Re: The GOP 2023D. Spencer Hines
+- Re: The GOP 2023Tiglath
+* Re: The GOP 2023Tiglath
|`- Re: The GOP 2023soc.history.medieval
+- Re: The GOP 2023Tiglath
`- Re: The GOP 2023Tiglath

Pages:12
The GOP 2023

<e66eab98-ecc5-4201-8dc2-e609fdcb33e0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2328&group=soc.history.medieval#2328

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 07:40:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The GOP 2023
From: tem...@tiglath.net (Tiglath)
 by: Tiglath - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 14:40 UTC

The Republican Party's descent into ignominy is Titanic deep, but now they are digging and drilling the ocean floor as well.

The astonishing degradation of the party of Lincoln, Eisenhower and Reagan, is picking up speed in fact.

Imagine being focused on Hunter Biden, while THEIR PRESIDENT is indicted for espionage. Just think for a moment....

Hunter is a civilian; he is not part of the government. Unlike nepo Ivanka, his father didn't give him a cushy White House post. Hey, if Hunter broke the law let him pay. But how are his crimes comparable to Trump's?

They are not.

That doesn't stop the not too bright performative congressmen and women, who rely on the MAGA's credulous folks for an audience, from wasting the government's time and money chasing rabbits with go-nowhere revenge hearings, led incompetently by vengeful Jordan and hapless McCarthy.

When the very leadership of a party, remains silent about their former president disseminating top secret information to the world, that is all you need to know about that party. It's a party of human feces that stinks up the country.

Who would want to belong to that?

Republicans here tried at one point to defend Trump. They gave up, it seems.. Perhaps Mr. Hines' eyes opened wider by now and he realizes the errors of his former ways. If so, well done and about time. If not... I don't want to know.

Still, it is disgraceful how Trump is still a free man, given what we know. Other people with similar crimes wait for their trial in jail. Trump is certainly above the law. Some ex machina bullshit will save his ass from prison, I fear.

There is no excellent presidential prospect in sight. All suck, including Biden, but Biden sucks less than the others. Yes, he is a terrible commander-in-chief, but he is visibly less corrupt that other politicians, adequately competent at governing and the current lesser evil.

If Trump attends any presidential debates, it's going to be interesting. His foes have now unlimited ammo, provided by Trump himself. What an idiot.

Yes this lucky, criminal and unmitigated idiot, is the man YOU Deplorables supported for years. Just think about that.

Re: The GOP 2023

<193ad1ff-b620-4d16-bca8-f1638df2417fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2330&group=soc.history.medieval#2330

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 23:05:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The GOP 2023
From: alanspen...@googlemail.com (Surreyman)
 by: Surreyman - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 06:05 UTC

On Thursday, June 29, 2023 at 3:40:12 PM UTC+1, Tiglath wrote:
> The Republican Party's descent into ignominy is Titanic deep, but now they are digging and drilling the ocean floor as well.
>
> The astonishing degradation of the party of Lincoln, Eisenhower and Reagan, is picking up speed in fact.
>
> Imagine being focused on Hunter Biden, while THEIR PRESIDENT is indicted for espionage. Just think for a moment....
>
> Hunter is a civilian; he is not part of the government. Unlike nepo Ivanka, his father didn't give him a cushy White House post. Hey, if Hunter broke the law let him pay. But how are his crimes comparable to Trump's?
>
> They are not.
>
> That doesn't stop the not too bright performative congressmen and women, who rely on the MAGA's credulous folks for an audience, from wasting the government's time and money chasing rabbits with go-nowhere revenge hearings, led incompetently by vengeful Jordan and hapless McCarthy.
>
> When the very leadership of a party, remains silent about their former president disseminating top secret information to the world, that is all you need to know about that party. It's a party of human feces that stinks up the country.
>
> Who would want to belong to that?
>
> Republicans here tried at one point to defend Trump. They gave up, it seems. Perhaps Mr. Hines' eyes opened wider by now and he realizes the errors of his former ways. If so, well done and about time. If not... I don't want to know.
>
> Still, it is disgraceful how Trump is still a free man, given what we know. Other people with similar crimes wait for their trial in jail. Trump is certainly above the law. Some ex machina bullshit will save his ass from prison, I fear.
>
> There is no excellent presidential prospect in sight. All suck, including Biden, but Biden sucks less than the others. Yes, he is a terrible commander-in-chief, but he is visibly less corrupt that other politicians, adequately competent at governing and the current lesser evil.
>
> If Trump attends any presidential debates, it's going to be interesting. His foes have now unlimited ammo, provided by Trump himself. What an idiot.
>
> Yes this lucky, criminal and unmitigated idiot, is the man YOU Deplorables supported for years. Just think about that.

"Adequately competent" when he's still fighting the war in Iraq? By current US standards, maybe.

Re: The GOP 2023

<d23f637b-eddd-47f2-9986-324a50f1cfcan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2331&group=soc.history.medieval#2331

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 05:08:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sat, 1 Jul 2023 12:08 UTC

> Tiglath
>
> Who would want to belong to that?

My home state of Michigan, with its Dem controlled House, Senate and Governor
just passed legislation imposing a $50,000 fine and 5 years in fucking _prison_
for "misgendering" a tranny...

Whatever their failings, I'll take the Reps over the Dems anyday.

Re: The GOP 2023

<289d8461-dea6-4b77-b078-92be31f804b8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2333&group=soc.history.medieval#2333

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 12:44:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: tem...@tiglath.net (Tiglath)
 by: Tiglath - Sat, 1 Jul 2023 19:44 UTC

On Saturday, July 1, 2023 at 8:08:04 AM UTC-4, Ed Stasiak wrote:
> > Tiglath
> >
> > Who would want to belong to that?
> My home state of Michigan, with its Dem controlled House, Senate and Governor
> just passed legislation imposing a $50,000 fine and 5 years in fucking _prison_
> for "misgendering" a tranny...

Dems are pretty grotty with all the transgender craze, I agree, BUT...
Wokeness is being shrunk by the solvent of the laughter it provokes.

> Whatever their failings, I'll take the Reps over the Dems anyday.

I would never. Count me out.
Reps means Trump. You must be mad.

How do you not smell what you are shoveling?

I speak against Biden on Ukraine often, he is not a great commander in chief, but if Hunter is all you guys have to show for Biden's corruption, considering Hunter is no government official, unlike Ivanka, then condemning Hunter's ordinary peccadilloes with such zeal and at the same time, denying and condoning Trump's high crimes, is the absurdity that characterizes Republicans today. The Nutty Party.

Left-wing fanatics are just as deplorable as Deplorables; fortunately, we have what we need, a thick political center, which most reasonable people inhabit. If you deny or condone Trump's crimes and treason, then you are a fanatic, because no law-abiding citizen would support the creation of criminal celebrities above the law, as he has obviously become.

Can you imagine what Republicans would be doing if, say Obama had been indicted with only one count of violations of the Espionage Act? If Hillary withstood a hundred hearings, Obama would have been given the Trial of Socrates. Hannity's head would explode.

Yet, after 37 felony counts in a federal indictment and several tacit confessions by nutty Trump himself to the facts, he is still the favored candidate = The Nutty Party.

It's downright nutty to choose one-term president, serial loser Trump, to beat Biden, when Biden is now the incumbent president, and Trump carries a hell of a lot more funky baggage than the first time. He could not win: too many Americans will crawl through broken glass to vote against him. And...

There may be more and worse indictments, it appears, for seditious behavior against the United States, and fraud against the Unites States, for creating fake electors, and then there is Georgia - not the lovely Ray Charles song, but it'll be a hell of a blues.

I bet you that after all that he will remain the favorite of the Republican Party. Mark my words.

This pathetic and abject man, criminally negligent during the pandemic, serial breaker of his oath of office, who wants to be rid of the constitution, convicted sexual predator and tax cheat. A president of formidable impact on the country for the much worse, who tried to isolate our nation from essential allies, and who was and is mocked around the world. Never transcendent, always transgressive, Trump has brought nothing but shame to the Office of the President.

A man so abject and unloving of the country he was entrusted to protect, that to feed his sense of importance didn't hesitate to divulge the utmost secret, classified national defense information to ordinary people in his entourage. Thus, obliging our intelligence agencies to ASSUME that our enemies have obtained the secrets exposed. And many documents are missing, from empty folders. It's amazing Trump is not in jail. Nobody with such level of criminal and obstructive behavior is left free while awaiting trial. Trump is above the law.

Half of Congress is a lot of Teflon.

The Republican Half. The Nutty Party.

Please God Almighty, send a hitman to whack Capo di Tutti Capi Trump, the demonic little man with the puffy Botoxy face, as he stews in begrudging juices putting personal psychodramas over the public’s well-being. If you do that, God, to put a bow on it, you can wack Harry and Meghan if you want. Please.

Re: The GOP 2023 - Tiglath remains an Off-Topic jerk!

<mA%nM.14589$Bq67.11069@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2334&group=soc.history.medieval#2334

Subject: Re: The GOP 2023 - Tiglath remains an Off-Topic jerk!
Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 12:59:14 -0700
 by: a425couple - Sat, 1 Jul 2023 19:59 UTC

#1, This is Off-Topic.
And worse, you have never yet posting anything on topic here.
Why do you even hang out here?

#2, What makes you think you have any right to a political
opinion? You did not even vote in 2016. You just saw that
both Hillary Clinton and Trump sucked, and waited for the vote
to be over so you could start your complaining.
There were six other candidates and parties to pick from.
But, the voting citizens mostly just stuck to the two extremes.

> There is no excellent presidential prospect in sight.

Oh, I don't know, so far Nikki Haley and Tim Scott seem fine to me.

> All suck, including Biden, but Biden sucks less than the others.
>Yes, he is a terrible commander-in-chief, but he is visibly less corrupt that other politicians,

Except for his corrupt son who serves as Joe's bagman.

>adequately competent at governing and the current lesser evil.

You love his pandering, offering $400 Billion in student loan relief
to buy the votes of the 13%. Sure, let the 87% of other citizens
pay it for them.
Even Democrat ex-Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi had that one right,
"As then-Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi explained: ‘People think
that the President of the United States has the power for
debt forgiveness. He does not,’"

Re: The GOP 2023 - Tiglath remains an Off-Topic jerk!

<19986a48-71c0-48af-b859-f13b5385bea0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2335&group=soc.history.medieval#2335

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 07:32:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: tem...@tiglath.net (Tiglath)
 by: Tiglath - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 14:32 UTC

On Saturday, July 1, 2023 at 3:59:17 PM UTC-4, a425couple wrote:

<crapsnip>

Fuck off, motherfucker. Take your tedium elsewhere.
Even better... drop dead mentally malformed stupid idiot.

Re: The GOP 2023

<a137659d-77b3-4ba0-afd7-4f89a6a2156an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2336&group=soc.history.medieval#2336

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 08:15:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: tem...@tiglath.net (Tiglath)
 by: Tiglath - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 15:15 UTC

On Friday, June 30, 2023 at 2:05:49 AM UTC-4, Surreyman wrote:
> On Thursday, June 29, 2023 at 3:40:12 PM UTC+1, Tiglath wrote:
> > The Republican Party's descent into ignominy is Titanic deep, but now they are digging and drilling the ocean floor as well.
> >
> > The astonishing degradation of the party of Lincoln, Eisenhower and Reagan, is picking up speed in fact.
> >
> > Imagine being focused on Hunter Biden, while THEIR PRESIDENT is indicted for espionage. Just think for a moment....
> >
> > Hunter is a civilian; he is not part of the government. Unlike nepo Ivanka, his father didn't give him a cushy White House post. Hey, if Hunter broke the law let him pay. But how are his crimes comparable to Trump's?
> >
> > They are not.
> >
> > That doesn't stop the not too bright performative congressmen and women, who rely on the MAGA's credulous folks for an audience, from wasting the government's time and money chasing rabbits with go-nowhere revenge hearings, led incompetently by vengeful Jordan and hapless McCarthy.
> >
> > When the very leadership of a party, remains silent about their former president disseminating top secret information to the world, that is all you need to know about that party. It's a party of human feces that stinks up the country.
> >
> > Who would want to belong to that?
> >
> > Republicans here tried at one point to defend Trump. They gave up, it seems. Perhaps Mr. Hines' eyes opened wider by now and he realizes the errors of his former ways. If so, well done and about time. If not... I don't want to know.
> >
> > Still, it is disgraceful how Trump is still a free man, given what we know. Other people with similar crimes wait for their trial in jail. Trump is certainly above the law. Some ex machina bullshit will save his ass from prison, I fear.
> >
> > There is no excellent presidential prospect in sight. All suck, including Biden, but Biden sucks less than the others. Yes, he is a terrible commander-in-chief, but he is visibly less corrupt that other politicians, adequately competent at governing and the current lesser evil.
> >
> > If Trump attends any presidential debates, it's going to be interesting.. His foes have now unlimited ammo, provided by Trump himself. What an idiot.
> >
> > Yes this lucky, criminal and unmitigated idiot, is the man YOU Deplorables supported for years. Just think about that.
> "Adequately competent" when he's still fighting the war in Iraq? By current US standards, maybe.

Judge a leader by what he DOES, or doesn't. Not by what he says when he misspeaks.

Biden is infinitely a more competent president than Trump. I can list his accomplishments if you like. And I have also criticized him at length. Biden surpassed his own goals distributing Covid vaccines. Trump fell short. Biden has invested heavily in infrastructure. Trump kept announcing 'Infrastructure Week' but it never happened. He couldn't even produce enough test kits for months, after announcing that anyone who wanted a Covid test, could have one. Lies. Trump couldn't finish his Wall, his signature project, even with a Republican Congress for two years. Biden doesn't fire government ministers by twit, or insults opponents as if he was in a schoolyard, as Trump keeps doing. Do you get my drift? I can continue for pages....

Biden's gaffes are nothing new; the guy misspeaks often. Laugh if you want, but the consequences are always benign, though embarrassing. Wouldn't you rather have that, instead of a president who recommends to inject bleach to kill Covid? As part of his deadly downplaying of a horrific pandemic. His 'no biggie' attitude, and his example, were believed by many who are now dead, including close associates. I'll take Biden's verbal gaffes over that any day of the week.

MAGA people, call themselves patriots but they are anything but. They know perfectly well the kind of criminal son of a bitch Trump is, but they don't care what it does to the country. The country can go to hell as long as Trump irritates non-MAGA people, which he does very adeptly. That's all they need, because at bottom they are mostly transgressive folks, with no manners, education, or sense of responsibility. Trump is the White Trash president. Yes, there are a lot of people who feel entitled to a life of luxury, the American Way of Life, without the requisite effort to get it. They like handouts, and they think that backing a trickster con man, wealth will trickle down and they will get their beaks wet.

They will fail and they will remain white trash, deplorably stuck to their guns and religion.

Re: The GOP 2023

<f5eb130c-3711-4f86-a3fc-5b4ac01755e3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2340&group=soc.history.medieval#2340

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 17:02:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: dsh1...@gmail.com (D. Spencer Hines)
 by: D. Spencer Hines - Fri, 7 Jul 2023 00:02 UTC

On Sunday, July 2, 2023 at 5:15:52 AM UTC-10, Tiglath wrote:
> [...]
>
> MAGA people, call themselves patriots but they are anything but. They know perfectly well the kind of criminal son of a bitch Trump is, but they don't care what it does to the country. The country can go to hell as long as Trump irritates non-MAGA people, which he does very adeptly. That's all they need, because at bottom they are mostly transgressive folks, with no manners, education, or sense of responsibility. Trump is the White Trash president. Yes, there are a lot of people who feel entitled to a life of luxury, the American Way of Life, without the requisite effort to get it. They like handouts, and they think that backing a trickster con man, wealth will trickle down and they will get their beaks wet.
>
> They will fail and they will remain white trash, deplorably stuck to their guns and religion.

Re: 2024 In The USA

<aa5c882f-100d-43f7-9397-cbad9dffc4dfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2341&group=soc.history.medieval#2341

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 17:13:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 2024 In The USA
From: dsh1...@gmail.com (D. Spencer Hines)
 by: D. Spencer Hines - Fri, 7 Jul 2023 00:13 UTC

It's simply delightful to see that "Tiglath" is still dishing out the same grossly-misinformed, emotional and profane political merde he is so good at.

He's even posting Death Threats again...

Sad...

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, the Yaleman in the race, is still the one to watch.

D. Spencer Hines
Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Re: The GOP 2023

<5e045ee0-1b09-410a-bd43-7c596a4facfan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2344&group=soc.history.medieval#2344

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 11:31:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: tem...@tiglath.net (Tiglath)
 by: Tiglath - Fri, 7 Jul 2023 18:31 UTC

On Thursday, June 29, 2023 at 10:40:12 AM UTC-4, Tiglath wrote:
> The Republican Party's descent into ignominy is Titanic deep, but now they are digging and drilling the ocean floor as well.

Astonishing how slow people out there and here are to realize that to hang with Trump is to hang with Trump.

MAGA rebuttals are never engaging or rebut anything at all. Here even less. Stop hoping.
The best you get is something stated to be so because some MAGA-addled brain says so.

ZERO denying what I accuse Trump of.
ZERO rebutting the immoral and treasonous GOP attitude on terrible crimes against the United States, which GOP's FAVORITE candidate is about to be tried for.
Reminds the world of Roman senators treating Caligula as a god. The pathetic kind of history MAGA senators are destined for... as a group, their names fading fast.

De Santis will implement MAGA policy better, some think. That is as flaccid a reaction as you get from Nutty Party members who do begin to smell the funk of GOP 2023.

Did I see a De Santis horse bet? Yalies to the rescue? Noted.

Good luck with that, friend.

I am a "lesser-evil' kind of guy, and a "who started it?" kind of guy. These are bedrock concepts of Western thinking and much of human action is guided by these two principles. Deviate at your peril.

(We see the existence of "beginning wrongful violence" as an offense in Athenian law. See Antiphon, Lysias, Isocrates and Demosthenes. Wonderful reading for Zionists, I suppose.)

(The lesser-weevil principle has been enthusiastically endorsed by His Majesty's Navy, as astute readers know.)

Hard invitation to accept, I know...
I invite MAGA-tees to persuade the Gentle Readers that Biden is not the lesser evil, in a contest with Trump, or De Santis, that Mickey hating, uncharismatic politician who is about to be run over, hacked and chopped by Trump's Scythian War Chariot. He'll never make it, unless Trump lets him win to get a pardon. And he'd still have to beat the incumbent president, who even with old-age infirmities enjoys more public appeal that Ron will ever dream of.

--

I like everybody. Some when they come others when they go. This place ain't bad once the undesirables hit the road. Thank you PIGVOMIT and GEOCENTRIST for not being here. It's great.

Only the Motherfucker tries to start something up with me in my threads from time to time. Good luck with that, asshole. When he splits it'll be great too, not long now. He is on the same path as the other undesirables, to finally realize that when someone NEVER talks to you or contributes to your threads, and shows nothing but contempt for you, maybe your time is not all that well lived when you keep trying to butt into his posts.

Mr Hines is back a tad friendlier; he still can't reason a gram of sense in his politics, cuffed and shackled in his partisan cage, but he is healthy and with good memory; that's all that counts - keep doing pushups.

Re: The GOP 2023

<2332cd8e-4ee5-4262-9ef2-f40b0b729a5cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2370&group=soc.history.medieval#2370

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 13:40:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: tem...@tiglath.net (Tiglath)
 by: Tiglath - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 20:40 UTC

Oh boy...

They got him! His goose is cooked. Biden regime halted - Biden is getting his ass impeached. Yeah!

Charges: TBD - The GOP 2023

Trump: 3rd indictment = peak comic level.

4th indictment: Luftschiff Zeppelin #129 Hindenburg, New Jersey.

The moron didn't know how to erase 'the server' of his own surveillance equipment. YOU had a guy as president who doesn't know how to select a video file and click 'delete' and empty the trash. Just think about that... He had to delegate it... And he delegated to somebody who didn't know how to delete video files either. How careless! Your ass in on the grill and you can't google how to delete a file in the system you are using? Or find a tech who can?

He not only failed to remove the incriminating files, but the obstruction attempt was itself recorded on video. How moronic can you get? So moronic it amounts to self-persecution.

And while... Libs want to burn Trump at the stake for appropriating witch culture...
No lift-off DeSantis... Ay Mamasita!

Remember the time when politicians were ashamed when they were caught doing something wrong?

Re: The GOP 2023

<7c803f20-57d6-4eab-baa4-bbc1cee196cfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2371&group=soc.history.medieval#2371

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 15:56:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: tem...@tiglath.net (Tiglath)
 by: Tiglath - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 22:56 UTC

It's a joy to watch, isn't it?

Trump has just enough supporters to make it hard to forgo their approval. That's why other candidates handle Trump with kid gloves and refrain from using the smoking arsenal of ammo Trump provides....

Yes! The Great Orange Whale is harpooning itself. Repeately!

Only Christie makes use of the abundance of ammo. Trump knows it and has wild horses dragging him away from debates.

It's fascinating to witness the pirouettes of men that do anything for power; their honor, you know, that gift a man (or woman) gives to himself, gets the worse of it. Where other people have honor they have shamelessness, kept fresh by inspiring examples from their leader.

During the coming scathing presidential campaign, Trump intents to revive his Big Lie fun ride. America and the world are so sick of it and here comes more, a plethora... on the floora, it's real angora, want mora Flora?

One of his lawyers goes around saying that Trump is the most ethical American she knows. Get the drift?

Once you use a big lie you go big lie big.

Democracy loving and law-and-order loving Americans will be positively tickled pink, or bouncing like kangaroos on a trampoline, if you prefer and if British born you may say you’re chuffed. Because just like their was a point when the Teflon cracked on John Gotti, what's in the cards for Trump is serious enough to make weaseling out of it a gargantuan task.

It is highly unlikely Trump will be president again and able to pardon himself. At best he may be pardoned when Dems lose the White House.

He will be spared the inconveniences of prison and confined at home or probation. A great injustice, but I bet that it's the worst that will happen to him, son of. Before any of that...

Get ready for a long, insufferable cry-baby campaign, pantomiming the same old manic exaggerations and empty boasts, but if you listen closely, you’ll hear the whisper of a deflating airbag.

As I was saying... it's a joy to watch the GOP trying to avoid being sucked into the Trump vortex. Yep, the tug from a supermassive black (arse) hole, has them at sixes and sevens.

Will Trump persuade his party to put forward as presidential candidate against an incumbent president, a previous loser out on bail to the power of four?

Will the Nutty Party go for it?

Never a dull moment, and...

Hilarious!

-

Mr. Hines is good for movie recommendations and the occasional ingenious turn of phrase. If only there was more of that and less of the Republican groupthink goop...

I am watching War and Peace by installments. I remember it being a marathon back when.
At a time when all things Russian are demonized one needs perspective. One man can make a whole people look bad by his utter malignancy. Putin is not Russia. But Russia will pay for Putin's sins for a long time, most unfortunately.

Count Leo Tolstoy was an artillery officer in the legendary defense of Sevastopol. Crimean War. He also belonged to one of the famous, aristocratic families of Russia. Therefore, all the details described in the novel, he knew and felt very well. Hence, the masterpiece now emulated in cinematography.

We keep seeing how few who know war like it much. Tolstoy instilled the concept of non-violence in Mahatma Gandhi when young Gandhi corresponded with him seeking his advice.

Re: The GOP 2023

<762f730f-ed2f-42b6-9fe7-4234b2208cc7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2378&group=soc.history.medieval#2378

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 14:10:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: tem...@tiglath.net (Tiglath)
 by: Tiglath - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 21:10 UTC

And again....

We passed peak comedy with the third Trump indictment, now we are in Hindenburg territory. Yep...

Standing tall, full of himself and hot gas, the Hindenburg defied the winds with its imposing construction - a veritable 200-acre provoking sail. The wind found ways... (Some other 75 airships succumbed in similar fashion to high winds and fire, but only the Hindenburg's demise was captured in film.)

The wind pushes St. Elmo's Fire towards the great Zeppelin... Flames lick a bag filled with seven (7) million cubic feet of hydrogen...

Another way of saying it is that Trump is very rich, in Spanish, 'Trump es muy R.I.C.O.' Yet, another way of saying it is...

Today, August 15th, 2023, Trump, his brand, his family, and his MAGA Deplorables crashed like the Hindenburg. And if Trump gets convicted they will burn too.

Don't mean to rub it in, Trumpites, but your choice for president was most surreal. You mistook the idiot from The Apprentice for the second coming of Christ. Well done. Enjoy consequences.

No surprises, though, Trump did outdo expectations even for those who thought from the outset he would not make a good president. Of all things, he excels as a marksman when it comes to shooting himself in the foot. Those ten stubby racketeering toes never stood a chance. Valentine's Day Massacre in August.

Still... The GOP 2023 continues set on making this recalcitrant criminal defendant in four jurisdictions their presidential candidate - a hard sentence to write with a straight face, I tell you.

I just gotta see you guys pull this one out. With close to one hundred (91) felony charges in the administration of justice coming due now, with likely guilty verdicts by virtue of exceptionally convincing evidence... with charges that reflect an exhaustive inquiry rather than a rush to judgment... with due process resolving prior to the election, probably...

A cringe-inducing, low point for our nation, for sure; also an absurd show of ignominious incompetence, moral and political, from the GOP.

But so entertaining! Because entertainment value can't be beat. From the first historian to the latest sonabitch paparazzi, it's been known that truth is nice, but INTERESTING is better. News, war, politics and reality are great entertainment, but the administration of justice must not be a tabloid enterprise. That's where boring is good.

-

Dershowitz is a loyal Trump supporter... through thick or thin. Why is that? With all his trip and boasts about integrity being worth the price, supreme academic excellence and great professional reputation... How does that rhyme with loyalty to a coarse criminal who lives to denigrate others and who is manifestly empty of morals?

The reason has to be that Trump has dirt on Dershowitz, for his participation in the dissipation that surrounded Jeffrey Epstein. That is, Dershowitz is trying to bury evidence that he had sex with minors. By sucking to Trump, he will not earn Trump's ire in times that promise to be full of Trumpian irate outbursts as he tries to bring down with him enemies and people he sees as not helping him enough. Trump has no compunction revealing the deepest secrets of people he knows or countries he is supposed to serve, as we know. Dershowitz is no fool. His low key Trump support, in the shape of pleasing legal opinions that favor Trump and his chances to weasel out of 91 felony charges, is like insurance. There can't be any other rational reason.

Unfortunately, there are worse things than pedophilia about Dershowitz, which clash head-on with his claims of moral integrity. It's a façade easily exposed.

-

Mr. Hines and I share a liking for French film noir... Finally, something we can talk about without the usual aggro.

How about Cassavetes' The Killing of A Chinese Bookie? Noir enough? I could watch Ben Gazzara all day.

Re: The GOP 2023

<91d991a4-45f0-46ae-98b3-51d01eb19a02n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2386&group=soc.history.medieval#2386

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 14:03:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: d_spence...@aya.yale.edu (D Hines)
 by: D Hines - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 21:03 UTC

On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 11:10:53 AM UTC-10, Tiglath wrote:
> [...]
>
> Unfortunately, there are worse things than pedophilia about Dershowitz, which clash head-on with his claims of moral integrity. It's a façade easily exposed.
>
> -
>
> Mr. Hines and I share a liking for French film noir... Finally, something we can talk about without the usual aggro.
>
> How about Cassavetes' The Killing of A Chinese Bookie? Noir enough? I could watch Ben Gazzara all day.
I much prefer BODY HEAT. DSH

Re: The GOP 2023

<92d72a0e-96cc-4e46-9dbc-4428e0b168e6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2387&group=soc.history.medieval#2387

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 15:44:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: tem...@tiglath.net (Tiglath)
 by: Tiglath - Sat, 19 Aug 2023 22:44 UTC

On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 5:03:50 PM UTC-4, D Hines wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 11:10:53 AM UTC-10, Tiglath wrote:

> > Mr. Hines and I share a liking for French film noir... Finally, something we can talk about without the usual aggro.
> >
> > How about Cassavetes' The Killing of A Chinese Bookie? Noir enough? I could watch Ben Gazzara all day.
> I much prefer BODY HEAT. DSH

I enjoyed both. Kathleen Turner was stunning. Not only a great actress... She WAS the kind of woman that walks into a room and everything halts. Later, an example of what age and weight do to great beauty. Age we cannot help. I am no Lizzo fan. The 'fat shaming' concept is as sound as 'tuberculosis shaming.' You should rightly be ashamed to give yourself tuberculosis deliberately. Obesity takes also a long time to kill you, and like tuberculosis makes living more difficult. Why people shouldn't be ashamed when they give themselves that, meal after meal, deliberately? Just because it's so common it doesn't make it OK, or no big deal, or an example to be promoted, displayed, or danced to.

I also like Dennis Hopper's The Hot Spot (1990) with Don Johnson and a young and amazing Jennifer Connolly; the lass has (Liz Taylor-level) class.

Maybe it's time to watch them again, in this August heat...

Re: The GOP 2023

<353c1f50-c267-48a4-a000-8d7449db0a1cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2388&group=soc.history.medieval#2388

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 19:46:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: dsh1...@gmail.com (D. Spencer Hines)
 by: D. Spencer Hines - Sun, 20 Aug 2023 02:46 UTC

On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 12:44:32 PM UTC-10, Tiglath wrote:
> On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 5:03:50 PM UTC-4, D Hines wrote:
> > On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 11:10:53 AM UTC-10, Tiglath wrote:
>
> > > Mr. Hines and I share a liking for French film noir... Finally, something we can talk about without the usual aggro.
> > >
> > > How about Cassavetes' The Killing of A Chinese Bookie? Noir enough? I could watch Ben Gazzara all day.
> > I much prefer BODY HEAT. DSH
> I enjoyed both. Kathleen Turner was stunning. Not only a great actress... She WAS the kind of woman that walks into a room and everything halts. Later, an example of what age and weight do to great beauty. Age we cannot help. I am no Lizzo fan. The 'fat shaming' concept is as sound as 'tuberculosis shaming.' You should rightly be ashamed to give yourself tuberculosis deliberately. Obesity takes also a long time to kill you, and like tuberculosis makes living more difficult. Why people shouldn't be ashamed when they give themselves that, meal after meal, deliberately? Just because it's so common it doesn't make it OK, or no big deal, or an example to be promoted, displayed, or danced to.
>
> I also like Dennis Hopper's The Hot Spot (1990) with Don Johnson and a young and amazing Jennifer Connolly; the lass has (Liz Taylor-level) class.
>
> Maybe it's time to watch them again, in this August heat...

My favorite Jennifer Connolly film is Once Upon A Time In America. DSH Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Re: The GOP 2023

<179c94e9-28cb-4ae0-9443-021c1918e029n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2389&group=soc.history.medieval#2389

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 20:36:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: dsh1...@gmail.com (D. Spencer Hines)
 by: D. Spencer Hines - Sun, 20 Aug 2023 03:36 UTC

On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 4:46:03 PM UTC-10, D. Spencer Hines wrote:
> On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 12:44:32 PM UTC-10, Tiglath wrote:

> > > I much prefer BODY HEAT. DSH
> > I enjoyed both. Kathleen Turner was stunning. Not only a great actress.... She WAS the kind of woman that walks into a room and everything halts. Later, an example of what age and weight do to great beauty. Age we cannot help. I am no Lizzo fan. The 'fat shaming' concept is as sound as 'tuberculosis shaming.' You should rightly be ashamed to give yourself tuberculosis deliberately. Obesity takes also a long time to kill you, and like tuberculosis makes living more difficult. Why people shouldn't be ashamed when they give themselves that, meal after meal, deliberately? Just because it's so common it doesn't make it OK, or no big deal, or an example to be promoted, displayed, or danced to.
> >
> > I also like Dennis Hopper's The Hot Spot (1990) with Don Johnson and a young and amazing Jennifer Connolly; the lass has (Liz Taylor-level) class.
> >
> > Maybe it's time to watch them again, in this August heat...

> My favorite Jennifer Connolly film is Once Upon A Time In America. DSH Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Anyone who can't admit that Joe Biden is severely cognitively impaired, obviously has cognitive problems of his or her own. The U.S. needs a smarter, less crooked and younger POTUS. DSH Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Re: The GOP 2023

<00462a0b-dc91-488a-a711-d71568fe01bdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2395&group=soc.history.medieval#2395

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 15:15:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: tem...@tiglath.net (Tiglath)
 by: Tiglath - Mon, 21 Aug 2023 22:15 UTC

> > My favorite Jennifer Connolly film is Once Upon A Time In America. DSH Lux et Veritas et Libertas
> Anyone who can't admit that Joe Biden is severely cognitively impaired, obviously has cognitive problems of his or her own. The U.S. needs a smarter, less crooked and younger POTUS. DSH Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Biden is old enough to suffer from dementia. Does he? The infirmities of aging come in many guises, severities and levels of relevance to the function of governing. I think we have bigger problems than Biden's age and the peccadilloes of his errant son. Neither are of great national interests, unless Joe worsens.

I don't like Biden much, he is handling Ukraine terribly. Yom Kippur level of aid is what Ukraine needs, not this absurd dollar-short-day-late thing he calls military assistance. Claims to want victory but fails to provide for it.

No offense Spencer, but you may be watching too much Fox News. Or worse... listen to that awful Mark Levin guy...

Listening to congenital liars for too long is like scratching your ass... go to bed with itchy bum, wake up with smelly thumb.

The Gary Cooper of SHM, Mr. Hines, writes two whole lines complaining Biden is too crooked and not smart enough, but writes zero on his party's likely presidential candidate, Trump, who has been charged with 91 felonies, and counting.

A guy charged with 13 felonies under the R.I.C.O Act, labels the president as 'crooked' and Mr. Hines adds his voice to it. Are you OK, Mr. Hines?
This kind of unbalanced disparity is what robs the writer of credibility on the subject, because it's too absurd, and it's a pity Mr. Hines doesn't see it.
Not even an attempt to portray a fair picture of the situation and events, openly using Fox News and Trumpian slurs. The mark of a Trump acolyte... Just partisan rubbish.

Biden's worst does not come from senility, it comes from lack of balls... Biden and the NATO chiefs are week in the knees. Hombres sin cojones.

As a military man what do you make of it? I mean... no need for Sun-Tzu, but... Biden let the bumbling army that invaded Ukraine, regain its footing, learn from mistakes and adapt to Ukrainian tactics. He let Putin take too much land in the summer of 22, AND then gave him time to heavily fortify it. It's militarily stupid, when we could have kicked Putin in the teeth when he was down after Kherson fell. Initiative frittered away, no longer advantage. All it's needed for victory sits in American and European non-nuclear warehouses. It's a bloody shame. Now Biden's hesitation is giving China and Iran time and opportunity to test their arms in real 21st century combat, as we are doing. Feeble leaders are lethal to brave Ukrainians, who must have mixed feelings, gratitude for all the help and at the same time lamenting the chasm between aid pledges and the inadequate aid that actually materializes... whenever. Biden shits on the Powell Doctrine.

So let's drop the Foxy senility talk, especially considering our ages. Biden is an abysmal Commander-in-Chief. But it's good to tell nothing but the truth. Biden did great distributing Covid vaccines, surpassing goals, where Trump failed. That is VERY important. We can't blame Trump for the pandemic; we cannot blame Biden for the inflation. We can blame them for the responses. Trump's response to Covid was criminal - and he is on tape saying he deliberately played down the danger - enough said. Biden response to the inflation seems to be working, employment is great.

Facts are not partisan. The fact is that we had a long pandemic emergency that greatly reduced national production, the state had to chip in, massively, and many business were ruined. We put that on the card. Then it comes time to pay for it, which we are living through with higher prices. The country is lively enough to skip a full-fledged recession this time, looks like.. We are out of the woods with Covid and its economic consequences. Let us rejoice, whoever might be sitting in the White House.

We have two bad likely presidential candidates Who is the lesser evil, Spencer?

Only the worse people run for office this decade. Bad juju.

Either you are a Trumpite or you aren't. It's not good to sit on the fence, unless the goal is to be impaled.

Anyway And Regardless... We can still enjoy, you in Hawaii, I in Virginia, the cinematic wonders of our age. 'Double Jeopardy' proves that black and white is the best medium for films of that nature. The time when Hollywood received almost 100% of the attention the Internet receives now, the only distant competitors were radio and theater. With the whole world engaged by and focused on a constellation of Hollywood stars, the results were magnificent. I think these films are so easily available because younger generations don't want to let go of them, which is good. The contrast with today's films, a lesson in itself.

Re: The GOP 2023

<41c17b3b-2df8-4a84-ab77-7bb4d2a00385n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2396&group=soc.history.medieval#2396

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 00:48:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: alanspen...@googlemail.com (Surreyman)
 by: Surreyman - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 07:48 UTC

On Monday, August 21, 2023 at 11:15:21 PM UTC+1, Tiglath wrote:
> [...]
>
> Only the worse people run for office this decade. Bad juju.
>
> Either you are a Trumpite or you aren't. It's not good to sit on the fence, unless the goal is to be impaled.
>
> Anyway And Regardless... We can still enjoy, you in Hawaii, I in Virginia, the cinematic wonders of our age. 'Double Jeopardy' proves that black and white is the best medium for films of that nature. The time when Hollywood received almost 100% of the attention the Internet receives now, the only distant competitors were radio and theater. With the whole world engaged by and focused on a constellation of Hollywood stars, the results were magnificent. I think these films are so easily available because younger generations don't want to let go of them, which is good. The contrast with today's films, a lesson in itself.

"As a military man"?
You're not seriousaly crediting (the real) Hines with any real military experience, are you?

Re: The GOP 2023

<b6fe3f4d-038f-4afa-ba26-649c30b0576en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2398&group=soc.history.medieval#2398

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 04:36:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: tem...@tiglath.net (Tiglath)
 by: Tiglath - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 11:36 UTC

On Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 3:48:15 AM UTC-4, Surreyman wrote:
> On Monday, August 21, 2023 at 11:15:21 PM UTC+1, Tiglath wrote:

> "As a military man"?
> You're not seriousaly crediting (the real) Hines with any real military experience, are you?

A little radical, innit?

Who/what do you think the real Mr. Hines was/is?

Re: The GOP 2023

<e12c6bae-426d-418c-89c4-c69a8ab7707an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2400&group=soc.history.medieval#2400

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 09:09:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: alanspen...@googlemail.com (Surreyman)
 by: Surreyman - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 16:09 UTC

On Wednesday, August 23, 2023 at 12:36:36 PM UTC+1, Tiglath wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 3:48:15 AM UTC-4, Surreyman wrote:
> > On Monday, August 21, 2023 at 11:15:21 PM UTC+1, Tiglath wrote:
>
> > "As a military man"?
> > You're not seriousaly crediting (the real) Hines with any real military experience, are you?
> A little radical, innit?
>
> Who/what do you think the real Mr. Hines was/is?
Not this chap.
Dear old Spencer and I had one or two accidental points of contact, and this fellow didn't have a clue.
And you're as aware of the splendours of Hines' military career as I!

Re: The GOP 2023

<a90bac09-7508-4ef0-a4cf-90b5d26b300cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2401&group=soc.history.medieval#2401

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 01:38:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: tem...@tiglath.net (Tiglath)
 by: Tiglath - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 08:38 UTC

On Wednesday, August 23, 2023 at 12:09:48 PM UTC-4, Surreyman wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 23, 2023 at 12:36:36 PM UTC+1, Tiglath wrote:
> > On Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 3:48:15 AM UTC-4, Surreyman wrote:
> > > On Monday, August 21, 2023 at 11:15:21 PM UTC+1, Tiglath wrote:
> >
> > > "As a military man"?
> > > You're not seriousaly crediting (the real) Hines with any real military experience, are you?
> > A little radical, innit?
> >
> > Who/what do you think the real Mr. Hines was/is?
> Not this chap.
> Dear old Spencer and I had one or two accidental points of contact, and this fellow didn't have a clue.
> And you're as aware of the splendours of Hines' military career as I!

We've known Spencer for some 27 years. True things filter through.

Sock puppets are hard to maintain, as it's hard to maintain big lies going for long.

I haven't notice anything funny about the Mr. Hines in this thread. I think it's the Real One.

Once, I sent him a book signed by Tom Clancy; he must remember the title.

Re: The GOP 2023

<745b6797-a165-437b-a1e6-e51ed4c74153n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2402&group=soc.history.medieval#2402

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 08:33:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: alanspen...@googlemail.com (Surreyman)
 by: Surreyman - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 15:33 UTC

On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 9:38:38 AM UTC+1, Tiglath wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 23, 2023 at 12:09:48 PM UTC-4, Surreyman wrote:

> > > A little radical, innit?
> > >
> > > Who/what do you think the real Mr. Hines was/is?
> > Not this chap.
> > Dear old Spencer and I had one or two accidental points of contact, and this fellow didn't have a clue.
> > And you're as aware of the splendours of Hines' military career as I!
> We've known Spencer for some 27 years. True things filter through.
>
> Sock puppets are hard to maintain, as it's hard to maintain big lies going for long.
>
> I haven't notice anything funny about the Mr. Hines in this thread. I think it's the Real One.
>
> Once, I sent him a book signed by Tom Clancy; he must remember the title.

And ask him my son's name. He should also know why he should know it .....

Re: The GOP 2023

<7e596a9a-530f-4665-aa81-53f1fff53234n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2404&group=soc.history.medieval#2404

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 18:10:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: tem...@tiglath.net (Tiglath)
 by: Tiglath - Sat, 26 Aug 2023 01:10 UTC

On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 11:33:33 AM UTC-4, Surreyman wrote:
> On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 9:38:38 AM UTC+1, Tiglath wrote:

> > I haven't notice anything funny about the Mr. Hines in this thread. I think it's the Real One.
> >
> > Once, I sent him a book signed by Tom Clancy; he must remember the title.
> And ask him my son's name. He should also know why he should know it ......

Why should he know your son's name?

He listens to a TV personality called Mark Levin, a Magatite as repulsive physically as he is rhetorically.
It’s an article of faith among many Republicans that Biden is doddering and senile, when in fact Biden has been a gaffe machine all his life, and if he exhibits any infirmities... it's not uncommon in people in decline at his age. I don't agree with some if his policies, but I don't think it's because he is senile. This is born of the 'politics of unkindness' fad made central by Trump, who lives to denigrate other people. Look at the army of associates, allies, and cabinet secretaries he's had. More than half are now enemies.

You rain on people's parades and they'll piss all over you. That's American politics today... all raining and pissing.

You'd think "Mr. Hines" would be loath to show ageism, at his age, but Fox News forces people think in such ways, by virtue of repetition. Repeat a lie or slander often enough and it will stick to an increasing number. Go to places where they manipulate your brain, and you will come out with a manipulated brain made to hold garbage and fallacy sacred. I see it in people. Some have been made to believe Biden stole the election. EVEN after 61 tests of such a proposition failed in the courts. What the fuck do they need to notice that their election beliefs are unfounded?

It's not pretty what it does to a healthy brain, holding such clutter of error and buzz of zombie ideas. You get to like Mark Levin, for one.
Let me be transfixed by a rusty Pilum Romanus before I watch more than a few mocking seconds of the looming massive forehead of this Levin twit - a hilarious human ram ramming MAGA "truths" into willing brains softened by partisan rot into sycophantic endosperm.

Anyway... Mr. Hines lately seems to be exerting visible caloric effort to criticize the Democratic president, but he has some reckoning pending...
My charitable view is that Mr. Hines believed, or hoped, that somehow the office would become Trump, that the mystical mingling of the man and the presidency would elevate the former rather than debase the latter. How did that work out? Expound on that, Mr. Hines.

Re: The GOP 2023

<25b9af19-43f6-4a62-b5c6-746db9b7bb0cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2405&group=soc.history.medieval#2405

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 23:45:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: alanspen...@googlemail.com (Surreyman)
 by: Surreyman - Sat, 26 Aug 2023 06:45 UTC

On Saturday, August 26, 2023 at 2:10:04 AM UTC+1, Tiglath wrote:
> On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 11:33:33 AM UTC-4, Surreyman wrote:

> > > I haven't notice anything funny about the Mr. Hines in this thread. I think it's the Real One.
> > >
> > > Once, I sent him a book signed by Tom Clancy; he must remember the title.
> > And ask him my son's name. He should also know why he should know it ......
> Why should he know your son's name?
>
> He listens to a TV personality called Mark Levin, a Magatite as repulsive physically as he is rhetorically.
>
> It’s an article of faith among many Republicans that Biden is doddering and senile, when in fact Biden has been a gaffe machine all his life, and if he exhibits any infirmities... it's not uncommon in people in decline at his age. I don't agree with some if his policies, but I don't think it's because he is senile. This is born of the 'politics of unkindness' fad made central by Trump, who lives to denigrate other people. Look at the army of associates, allies, and cabinet secretaries he's had. More than half are now enemies.
>
> You rain on people's parades and they'll piss all over you. That's American politics today... all raining and pissing.
>
> You'd think "Mr. Hines" would be loath to show ageism, at his age, but Fox News forces people think in such ways, by virtue of repetition. Repeat a lie or slander often enough and it will stick to an increasing number. Go to places where they manipulate your brain, and you will come out with a manipulated brain made to hold garbage and fallacy sacred. I see it in people. Some have been made to believe Biden stole the election. EVEN after 61 tests of such a proposition failed in the courts. What the fuck do they need to notice that their election beliefs are unfounded?
>
> It's not pretty what it does to a healthy brain, holding such clutter of error and buzz of zombie ideas. You get to like Mark Levin, for one.
> Let me be transfixed by a rusty Pilum Romanus before I watch more than a few mocking seconds of the looming massive forehead of this Levin twit - a hilarious human ram ramming MAGA "truths" into willing brains softened by partisan rot into sycophantic endosperm.
>
> Anyway... Mr. Hines lately seems to be exerting visible caloric effort to criticize the Democratic president, but he has some reckoning pending...
> My charitable view is that Mr. Hines believed, or hoped, that somehow the office would become Trump, that the mystical mingling of the man and the presidency would elevate the former rather than debase the latter. How did that work out? Expound on that, Mr. Hines.

"Why should he know your son's name?"
That's the question the real Hines can answer.