From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: 'he has to do something': Russia will attack Ukraine, President Biden
says
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 07:25:07 -0000
 by: slider - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 07:25 UTC

Pressed on whether sanctions will work to deter Russia from invading, the
president offered a distinction between an invasion and an incursion,
appearing to infer that a smaller incursion would not prompt massive
sanctions.

President Joe Biden has said he thinks Russia will mount an attack on
Ukraine.

Speaking at a news conference marking a year in office, the US President
suggested there was an inevitability about Russian President Vladimir
Putin's actions.

"My guess is he will move in; he has to do something," Joe Biden said.

https://news.sky.com/story/my-guess-is-he-will-move-in-he-has-to-do-something-russia-will-attack-ukraine-president-biden-says-12520448

"Do I think he'll test the West, test the United States and NATO? Yes. As
significantly as he can? Yes, I think he will," he said.

"But I think he'll pay a serious and dear price for it that he doesn't
think now will cost him. And I think he will regret having done it."

And pressed on whether sanctions will work to deter Russia from invading,
the President offered a distinction between an invasion and an incursion,
appearing to infer that a smaller incursion would not prompt massive
sanctions.

"Russia will be held accountable if it invades. And it depends on what it
does. It's one thing if it's a minor incursion and we end up having a
fight about what to do and not do etc, but if they actually do what they
are capable of doing with the forces that are massed on the border, it is
going to be a disaster for Russia," he said.

He was offered the chance to clarify whether he was suggesting that an
incursion would prompt a lesser Western response.

"So the question is if it's something significantly short of a significant
invasion, or not even significant, just major military forces coming
across. For example, it's one thing to determine that if they continue to
use cyber efforts, well we can respond the same way, with cyber," he said.

White House staff later clarified his comments, saying that the President
was distinguishing between military and non-military or para-military.

Emily Horne, spokesperson for the White House National Security Council
tweeted: "He was referring to the difference between military and
non-military / para-military / cyber action by the Russians. Such actions
would be met by a reciprocal response, in coordination with Allies and
partners."

President Biden concluded his Ukraine comments in the news conference with
a warning.

"We need to be very careful about how we move forward and make it clear to
him that there are prices to pay that could in fact cost his country an
awful lot," the President said.

With stark language, he added: "Of course you have to be concerned when
you have, you know, a nuclear power invade. If he invades, this hasn't
happened since World War Two.

"This'll be the most consequential thing that's happened in the world in
terms of war and peace since World War Two."

Equally stark, in a comment that might be lost in one of the longest news
conferences in presidential history, Mr Biden questioned whether anyone
even within the Kremlin had any idea of Putin's plan.

"There is a question about whether the people [we] are talking to [Russian
diplomats] know what he [Putin] is going to do."

### - interesting... so could this be 'biden-code' for russia to just
annex the occupied southern regions alone, and then it'll all be ok?
(could be!)

biden's line that he (putin) HAS to do something, showing that he/we at
least understand/accept russia's position to some degree? (which isn't so
difficult to grasp really seeing as we've been actively crowding-out
russia for decades!)

fact is though, that in making things difficult for russia we've actually
made things harder for ourselves too (in europe) energy-wise?? that the
proposed huge hike in utility bills come april is gonna see everyone
struggling here when all our energy bills double!

i mean, wouldn't it just be easier + better all round for all concerned if
everyone just got along?

truth is we're pretty good at competing but not very good at... sharing?

and 'sharing' might be what the future is gonna be all about!

sharing our world's dwindling resources instead of resorting to digging
each other's eyes out to claim them all first and destroying ourselves in
the process, for example...

it COULD be done... humanity just has to grow-up a bit more is all...

ok, so who's gonna be the BIGGER person and share shit first eh? :)

(cue loud chorus of crickets lol :)))