Semper Fi, dude.

interests / rec.motorcycles.harley / Re: 6 bucks

SubjectAuthor
* 6 bucksjohn
+* Re: 6 bucksSnag
|`* Re: 6 bucksfrito
| `* Re: 6 bucksSnag
|  `* Re: 6 bucksRick Begeman
|   `* Re: 6 bucksSnag
|    +* Re: 6 bucksjohn
|    |+* Re: 6 bucksSnag
|    ||`* Re: 6 bucksjohn
|    || `* Re: 6 bucksRick Begeman
|    ||  `- Re: 6 bucksSnag
|    |`- Re: 6 bucksBob La Londe
|    `- Re: 6 bucksBob La Londe
`- Re: 6 bucksFrank Xzarhadjizamtheopolous

1
6 bucks

<t8o1oj$7is$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=233&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#233

From: joh...@not.add (john)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Subject: 6 bucks
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 16:42:59 -0400
 by: john - Sun, 19 Jun 2022 20:42 UTC

per gallon for ethanol free 90 oct around here... filled up
and took a 01 road king for short ride on the county line roads.
Most of the fields are set for beans this year with a
few early/drier fields setup for corn.
next round on me to all you dad's out there
john
note to self put sunscreen on prior to starting bike

Re: 6 bucks

<t8olo2$8b0$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=234&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#234

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Subject: Re: 6 bucks
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 21:23:33 -0500
 by: Snag - Mon, 20 Jun 2022 02:23 UTC

On 6/19/2022 3:42 PM, john wrote:
> per gallon for ethanol free 90 oct around here... filled up
> and took a 01 road king for short ride on the county line roads.
> Most of the fields are set for beans this year with a
> few early/drier fields setup for corn.
> next round on me to all you dad's out there
> john
>     note to self put sunscreen on prior to starting bike

I'm partway deep into the guts of the trans on the '90 Ultra . It was
getting whiny and the primary chain and sprockets needed replacing - no
big surprise since most of those parts have over 120,000 miles on them .
I think non-eth premium here is around 5 bucks , haven't bought any in a
few weeks .
Actually I've been more focused on the '86 GMC pickup , I've got
another Harley to ride . That truck is my hot rod project for my "Golden
Years" ... aw fuck that shit , I've always wanted a truck that would
smoke the tires on command .
Damn I do ramble on when I'm drinkin'! Here , y'all getcha some of
this Ezra Brooks . I got more down in the cellar and Shirley is
apparently busy over there in the corner ...
--
Snag
“Free speech is my right to say what you don’t

Re: 6 bucks

<t91uhp$1rgi$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#236

From: frankthe...@earthlink.net (Frank Xzarhadjizamtheopolous)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 09:52:35 -0500
 by: Frank Xzarhadjizamth - Thu, 23 Jun 2022 14:52 UTC

On 6/19/2022 3:42 PM, john wrote:
> per gallon for ethanol free 90 oct around here... filled up
> and took a 01 road king for short ride on the county line roads.
> Most of the fields are set for beans this year with a
> few early/drier fields setup for corn.
> next round on me to all you dad's out there
> john
>     note to self put sunscreen on prior to starting bike

Thanks for the Boulevard Wheat beer!

10-4 on the price of fuel. $4.68 for plain ol' regular in the Kansas
City area.

I haven't ridden lately. As the say in France, "It's too fuckin' hot!"
Well, I don't know if they say that in France, but it *was* too fuckin'
hot. Just >< that close to 100 degrees with high humidity. It was so
humid that I put a mouse trap in my garage and caught a trout. (Thank
Johnny Carson for that one.)

Been building a deck in the back yard during the heat, too. My son has a
small remodeling/construction business and he is in charge. His schedule
freed up for or deck job the day it started getting hot. Needless to
say, I'm sunburned. Even though I put sunscreen on, I was sweating so
bad that it musta melted off. The wife said I had that boiled lobster look.

Next round is on me.

Andy and Frank the Real Biker

Re: 6 bucks

<a13f5409-1d19-4e14-96dd-745a8aef2252n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=239&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#239

Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 18:59:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: lc0...@yahoo.com (frito)
 by: frito - Mon, 27 Jun 2022 01:59 UTC

On Sunday, June 19, 2022 at 9:24:05 PM UTC-5, Snag wrote:
> On 6/19/2022 3:42 PM, john wrote:
> > per gallon for ethanol free 90 oct around here... filled up
> > and took a 01 road king for short ride on the county line roads.
> > Most of the fields are set for beans this year with a
> > few early/drier fields setup for corn.
> > next round on me to all you dad's out there
> > john
> > note to self put sunscreen on prior to starting bike
> I'm partway deep into the guts of the trans on the '90 Ultra . It was
> getting whiny and the primary chain and sprockets needed replacing - no
> big surprise since most of those parts have over 120,000 miles on them .
> I think non-eth premium here is around 5 bucks , haven't bought any in a
> few weeks .
> Actually I've been more focused on the '86 GMC pickup , I've got
> another Harley to ride . That truck is my hot rod project for my "Golden
> Years" ... aw fuck that shit , I've always wanted a truck that would
> smoke the tires on command .
> Damn I do ramble on when I'm drinkin'! Here , y'all getcha some of
> this Ezra Brooks . I got more down in the cellar and Shirley is
> apparently busy over there in the corner ...
> --
> Snag
> “Free speech is my right to say what you don’t
> want to hear.” -George Orwell

Was asking Wally about you this week, said he spoke to you regular and then Finns mentioned you wuz still alive an posting here.
Just doing a welfare check...........
Hadn't seen or heard from you in a while.

frito

Re: 6 bucks

<t9b8sc$85ev$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=241&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#241

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 22:40:31 -0500
 by: Snag - Mon, 27 Jun 2022 03:40 UTC

On 6/26/2022 8:59 PM, frito wrote:
> On Sunday, June 19, 2022 at 9:24:05 PM UTC-5, Snag wrote:
>> On 6/19/2022 3:42 PM, john wrote:
>>> per gallon for ethanol free 90 oct around here... filled up
>>> and took a 01 road king for short ride on the county line roads.
>>> Most of the fields are set for beans this year with a
>>> few early/drier fields setup for corn.
>>> next round on me to all you dad's out there
>>> john
>>> note to self put sunscreen on prior to starting bike
>> I'm partway deep into the guts of the trans on the '90 Ultra . It was
>> getting whiny and the primary chain and sprockets needed replacing - no
>> big surprise since most of those parts have over 120,000 miles on them .
>> I think non-eth premium here is around 5 bucks , haven't bought any in a
>> few weeks .
>> Actually I've been more focused on the '86 GMC pickup , I've got
>> another Harley to ride . That truck is my hot rod project for my "Golden
>> Years" ... aw fuck that shit , I've always wanted a truck that would
>> smoke the tires on command .
>> Damn I do ramble on when I'm drinkin'! Here , y'all getcha some of
>> this Ezra Brooks . I got more down in the cellar and Shirley is
>> apparently busy over there in the corner ...
>> --
>> Snag
>> “Free speech is my right to say what you don’t
>> want to hear.” -George Orwell
>
> Was asking Wally about you this week, said he spoke to you regular and then Finns mentioned you wuz still alive an posting here.
> Just doing a welfare check...........
> Hadn't seen or heard from you in a while.
>
> frito

We're doing just fine down here in The Holler . I've gone Total
Hillbilly , got a garden , half a dozen hens and eight bee hives . So
far the only Hogs we have wear a bar and shield logo ...
--
Snag
“Free speech is my right to say what you don’t
want to hear.” -George Orwell

Re: 6 bucks

<tbkugj$115jn$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=258&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#258

From: rickb...@gmail.com (Rick Begeman)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 19:17:53 -0700
 by: Rick Begeman - Mon, 25 Jul 2022 02:17 UTC

On 6/26/22 8:40 PM, Snag wrote:

and eight bee hives .

Started keeping bees last year.
I have 14 colonies and way too many boxes just starting to populate a
second outyard. Too many bees in the back yard.
--
Ironhead Rick

Re: 6 bucks

<tbmuvo$1ept1$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=259&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#259

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 15:38:14 -0500
 by: Snag - Mon, 25 Jul 2022 20:38 UTC

On 7/24/2022 9:17 PM, Rick Begeman wrote:
> On 6/26/22 8:40 PM, Snag wrote:
>
> and eight bee hives .
>
> Started keeping bees last year.
> I have 14 colonies and way too many boxes just starting to populate a
> second outyard. Too many bees in the back yard.

My 2 new colonies got robbed out ... we've had a drought and frequent
triple digit high temps here for the last several weeks . The only
reason my garden hasn't burned up is the new drip irrigation system fed
from our well . And it ain't doing all that well , some stuff has been
wilting a bit in the afternoon sun .
--
Snag
“Free speech is my right to say what you don’t
want to hear.” -George Orwell

Re: 6 bucks

<tboo04$4p7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=260&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#260

From: not...@home.add (john)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 08:48:56 -0400
 by: john - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 12:48 UTC

On 7/25/2022 4:38 PM, Snag wrote:
> On 7/24/2022 9:17 PM, Rick Begeman wrote:
>> On 6/26/22 8:40 PM, Snag wrote:
>>
>> and eight bee hives .
>>
>> Started keeping bees last year.
>> I have 14 colonies and way too many boxes just starting to populate a
>> second outyard. Too many bees in the back yard.
>
>   My 2 new colonies got robbed out ... we've had a drought and frequent
> triple digit high temps here for the last several weeks . The only
> reason my garden hasn't burned up is the new drip irrigation system fed
> from our well . And it ain't doing all that well , some stuff has been
> wilting a bit in the afternoon sun .

hmm last year my colonies got robbed too.
was going to buy some more but though I'd
catch a swarm or take a year off... seems I'm
taking the year off. pretty hot here (normal
summer) too a ride in shorts looked down and
the shorts were bellowing nicely for air flow
felt good then my thoughts turned to that of
flying stinging things getting up my shorts,
decided to head back... arrived home unscathed.
john
01roadking

Re: 6 bucks

<tbp6r4$2383u$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=261&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#261

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 12:04:38 -0500
 by: Snag - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 17:04 UTC

On 7/26/2022 7:48 AM, john wrote:
> On 7/25/2022 4:38 PM, Snag wrote:
>> On 7/24/2022 9:17 PM, Rick Begeman wrote:
>>> On 6/26/22 8:40 PM, Snag wrote:
>>>
>>> and eight bee hives .
>>>
>>> Started keeping bees last year.
>>> I have 14 colonies and way too many boxes just starting to populate a
>>> second outyard. Too many bees in the back yard.
>>
>>    My 2 new colonies got robbed out ... we've had a drought and
>> frequent triple digit high temps here for the last several weeks . The
>> only reason my garden hasn't burned up is the new drip irrigation
>> system fed from our well . And it ain't doing all that well , some
>> stuff has been wilting a bit in the afternoon sun .
>
> hmm last year my colonies got robbed too.
> was going to buy some more but though I'd
> catch a swarm or take a year off... seems I'm
> taking the year off.  pretty hot here (normal
> summer) too a ride in shorts looked down and
> the shorts were bellowing nicely for air flow
> felt good then my thoughts turned to that of
> flying stinging things getting up my shorts,
> decided to head back... arrived home unscathed.
> john
>     01roadking

Mine were robbed by my other 6 stronger colonies ... I'm fine staying
at six , they give us more honey than we can use and the wildflower
population down here in The Holler has exploded since we got them . I'm
pretty much hands off , they been doing this for thousands of years and
I've been doing it less than ten ...
By golly , look at the time ! It's beer-thirty ! SHIRLEY! Set 'em up
on my tab .

--
Snag
“Free speech is my right to say what you don’t
want to hear.” -George Orwell

Re: 6 bucks

<tbs3pn$1521$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=263&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#263

From: not...@home.add (john)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 15:28:41 -0400
 by: john - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 19:28 UTC

On 7/26/2022 1:04 PM, Snag wrote:
> On 7/26/2022 7:48 AM, john wrote:

>>>    My 2 new colonies got robbed out ... we've had a drought and
>>> frequent triple digit high temps here for the last several weeks .
>>> The only reason my garden hasn't burned up is the new drip irrigation
>>> system fed from our well . And it ain't doing all that well , some
>>> stuff has been wilting a bit in the afternoon sun .
>>
>> hmm last year my colonies got robbed too.
>> was going to buy some more but though I'd
>> catch a swarm or take a year off... seems I'm
>> taking the year off.  pretty hot here (normal
>> summer) too a ride in shorts looked down and
>> the shorts were bellowing nicely for air flow
>> felt good then my thoughts turned to that of
>> flying stinging things getting up my shorts,
>> decided to head back... arrived home unscathed.
>> john
>>      01roadking
>
>   Mine were robbed by my other 6 stronger colonies ... I'm fine staying
> at six , they give us more honey than we can use and the wildflower
> population down here in The Holler has exploded since we got them . I'm
> pretty much hands off , they been doing this for thousands of years and
> I've been doing it less than ten ...
>   By golly , look at the time ! It's beer-thirty ! SHIRLEY! Set 'em up
> on my tab .

mine were robbed & then the ladies left in a swarm.
beer thirty is one my favorite times of the day,
Guinness raised your directing Cheers
john
--

Re: 6 bucks

<tbv148$394gu$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=264&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#264

From: rickb...@gmail.com (Rick Begeman)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 15:03:50 -0700
 by: Rick Begeman - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 22:03 UTC

On 7/27/22 12:28 PM, john wrote:
> On 7/26/2022 1:04 PM, Snag wrote:

>>> hmm last year my colonies got robbed too.
>>> was going to buy some more but though I'd
>>> catch a swarm or take a year off... seems I'm
>>> taking the year off.  pretty hot here (normal
>>> summer) too a ride in shorts looked down and
>>> the shorts were bellowing nicely for air flow
>>> felt good then my thoughts turned to that of
>>> flying stinging things getting up my shorts,
>>> decided to head back... arrived home unscathed.
>>> john
>>>      01roadking
>>
>>    Mine were robbed by my other 6 stronger colonies ... I'm fine
>> staying at six , they give us more honey than we can use and the
>> wildflower population down here in The Holler has exploded since we
>> got them . I'm pretty much hands off , they been doing this for
>> thousands of years and I've been doing it less than ten ...
>>    By golly , look at the time ! It's beer-thirty ! SHIRLEY! Set 'em
>> up on my tab .
>>

> mine were robbed & then the ladies left in a swarm.
> beer thirty is one my favorite times of the day,
> Guinness raised your directing Cheers
> john

Mine are all swarm captures or cutouts except one.
3 swarmed. I caught one swarm back and thought I had 2 queens and split
them. One swarm queen got mated, 10 more days to wait on the split and
the mother colony.
Weather has been goofy and I don't expect much honey, I heard a speaker
the other day say 2022 was done and over.

My robbing has not started YET. Clover still has blooms, so there is hope.

I'll match ya round for round, since I haven't in a bit.
Yes I have had my bike out! < I think it's been more than a while...

--
Ironhead Rick

Re: 6 bucks

<tbv322$39aef$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=265&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#265

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 17:36:50 -0500
 by: Snag - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 22:36 UTC

On 7/28/2022 5:03 PM, Rick Begeman wrote:
> On 7/27/22 12:28 PM, john wrote:

>>>    Mine were robbed by my other 6 stronger colonies ... I'm fine
>>> staying at six , they give us more honey than we can use and the
>>> wildflower population down here in The Holler has exploded since we
>>> got them . I'm pretty much hands off , they been doing this for
>>> thousands of years and I've been doing it less than ten ...
>>>    By golly , look at the time ! It's beer-thirty ! SHIRLEY! Set 'em
>>> up on my tab .
>>>

>> mine were robbed & then the ladies left in a swarm.
>> beer thirty is one my favorite times of the day,
>> Guinness raised your directing Cheers
>> john
>
> Mine are all swarm captures or cutouts except one.
> 3 swarmed. I caught one swarm back and thought I had 2 queens and split
> them. One swarm queen got mated, 10 more days to wait on the split and
> the mother colony.
> Weather has been goofy and I don't expect much honey, I heard a speaker
> the other day say 2022 was done and over.
>
> My robbing has not started YET. Clover still has blooms, so there is hope.
>
> I'll match ya round for round, since I haven't in a bit.
> Yes I have had my bike out! < I think it's been more than a while...

I posted earlier (hasn't shown up ...yet) about my bike , bad low RPM
miss on the rear jug . I thought it was ignition , but a spray of carb
cleaner at the back side of the intake manifold sez it's a vacuum leak .
I got the parts on hand to fix that ... Trans and primary worn parts
have been replaced , along with a new belt since the old one has a half
inch hole in it from a rock . One more day , I'll be ridin' it by
Saturday (knock on wood) .
--
Snag
“Free speech is my right to say what you don’t
want to hear.” -George Orwell

Re: 6 bucks

<tc4sfr$ruu$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=267&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#267

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 20:21:31 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Sun, 31 Jul 2022 03:21 UTC

On 7/25/2022 1:38 PM, Snag wrote:
> On 7/24/2022 9:17 PM, Rick Begeman wrote:
>> On 6/26/22 8:40 PM, Snag wrote:
>>
>> and eight bee hives .
>>
>> Started keeping bees last year.
>> I have 14 colonies and way too many boxes just starting to populate a
>> second outyard. Too many bees in the back yard.
>
>   My 2 new colonies got robbed out ... we've had a drought and frequent
> triple digit high temps here for the last several weeks . The only
> reason my garden hasn't burned up is the new drip irrigation system fed
> from our well . And it ain't doing all that well , some stuff has been
> wilting a bit in the afternoon sun .

When I was a kid I used to grow tomatoes right up against the east side
of the house here in the desert. By noon they were in the shade. I'd
take tomatoes over to my folks grocery store all summer long.

I've been playing with another idea lately. Didn't do it this year, but
I might next year. Some areas around here they plant corn as early as
February. I think one place right on the river plants at the end of
January. The manager there claims they are in some special thermal
pocket along the river and it NEVER freezes. I'm about 90-100 feet
higher elevation and several miles from the river. We do still get
freezes in January, and the hardest freezes I've seen have always been
in February. Some years we don't get a freeze. Anyway, I've been
playing with planting a bunch of Illini Super Sweet around the end of
February (depending on the moon phase.) The idea is to plant three rows
of corn and leave a row for a fruit plant. Plant three more rows and
leave another row.

The three rows of course is so there is enough corn together to get good
pollination. The gap row can have peppers, tomatilos, tomatoes, etc.
The corn will let light through, but only for a short time at mid day
will the plants to be exposed to the direct full force of the sun.
Kinda like my tomatoes against the east side of the house when I was a
kid. I don't know if its a good idea or not, but I'm a gonna try it.
I'll leave the dry corn stocks standing as long as I have other plants
fruiting.

Last time I planted a bunch of corn I blanched and froze a bunch of it.
Lasted for several years. Its time to grow another batch.

Maybe this winter I'll set my pellet gun out by the back door and try a
winter garden again. Stupid blackbirds and grackels wiped out my
seedlings last time I tried. Or maybe I'll be smart and put wire over
them. LOL.

I might plant that corn in stages so I don't have to spend two days
blanching and freezing all at once.

https://www.avg.com

Re: 6 bucks

<tc4t1c$107e$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=268&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#268

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 20:30:53 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Sun, 31 Jul 2022 03:30 UTC

On 7/26/2022 5:48 AM, john wrote:
> On 7/25/2022 4:38 PM, Snag wrote:
>> On 7/24/2022 9:17 PM, Rick Begeman wrote:
>>> On 6/26/22 8:40 PM, Snag wrote:
>>>
>>> and eight bee hives .
>>>
>>> Started keeping bees last year.
>>> I have 14 colonies and way too many boxes just starting to populate a
>>> second outyard. Too many bees in the back yard.
>>
>>    My 2 new colonies got robbed out ... we've had a drought and
>> frequent triple digit high temps here for the last several weeks . The
>> only reason my garden hasn't burned up is the new drip irrigation
>> system fed from our well . And it ain't doing all that well , some
>> stuff has been wilting a bit in the afternoon sun .
>
> hmm last year my colonies got robbed too.
> was going to buy some more but though I'd
> catch a swarm or take a year off... seems I'm
> taking the year off.  pretty hot here (normal
> summer) too a ride in shorts looked down and
> the shorts were bellowing nicely for air flow
> felt good then my thoughts turned to that of
> flying stinging things getting up my shorts,
> decided to head back... arrived home unscathed.
> john
>     01roadking

Oh the memories. I was riding on Fortuna Rd between US80 and HWY95 one
day when I noticed a honey bee flying for all she was worth right in
front of my hand. I glanced at the speedometer and I was running about
50. I just sat there in awe watching that bee fly for all she was worth
on the wave front in front of my hand. I don't think bees can fly 50MPH
straight line continuously. She had to be riding a wave of air in front
of my hand. I'm sure it had to be only a few seconds she raced with me,
but it was a moment frozen in time. It seemed like it was quite a while
she poured on the coal to show me what fast really was. When I saw the
gap start to close I let off the throttle a bit, but it was too late.
She gave up and bounced off my hand leaving her stinger behind.

Fortunately I don't really react to bee stings. It just hurt a little.

https://www.avg.com