Work expands to fill the time available. -- Cyril Northcote Parkinson, "The Economist", 1955

interests / rec.food.cooking / "Self Cleaning" Oven...

SubjectAuthor
* "Self Cleaning" Oven...Sqwertz
+* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Thomas
|+* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Bruce
||`* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Thomas
|| `* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Sqwertz
||  `- Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Bruce
|+* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Sqwertz
||+- Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Ed Pawlowski
||`* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Alex
|| `- Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Thomas
|`* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Janet
| +- Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Graham
| `* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Sqwertz
|  `* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Sqwertz
|   `* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Michael Trew
|    `- Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Sqwertz
+* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Graham
|+* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Ed Pawlowski
||`- Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Sqwertz
|`* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Sqwertz
| `- Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Dave Smith
+* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Michael Trew
|+- Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Sqwertz
|`* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...tert in seattle
| `- Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Sqwertz
+* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Cindy Hamilton
|`* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Sqwertz
| +- Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Cindy Hamilton
| `* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...tert in seattle
|  +* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Bruce
|  |`- Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...dsi1
|  `* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Sqwertz
|   +- Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Bruce
|   `- Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Hank Rogers
`* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Gary
 `* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Michael Trew
  `* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Gary
   `* Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...dsi1
    `- Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...Gary

Pages:12
"Self Cleaning" Oven...

<tvpv1j3r4wpz$.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236135&group=rec.food.cooking#236135

From: sqwert...@gmail.invalid (Sqwertz)
Subject: "Self Cleaning" Oven...
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 18:11:43 -0600
 by: Sqwertz - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 00:11 UTC

....MY ASS!

Frigidaire - though pretty much the same ovens from other major
manufacturers, all eventually made by Electrolux or Whirlpool. I
loved my 1968 Electrolux cannister vacuum, but noty so much my
2009 oven. While Whirlpool is GE, Maytag, Amana, Hotpoint, etc...

Double walled oven doors with two windows (typical?). The front
facing window in the door is a tempered glass panel and the inner
one is some sort of hard composite heat resistant plastic. The
oven under regular use, and moreso the "self-clean" feature, just
bakes chicken and bacon splatter onto that inner facing window and
there ain't shit out there that will get it off once its
polymerized.

The "best" feature is that oh-so-helpful wide-ass inch-wide vent
that they put smack on top of the oven door so's that anything
that gets past the front edge of the stove rolls down the face and
drips into that vent and onto the two faces of the windows that
you have no access to clean. I don't even know how all that
schmutz gets to the front of the stove in the first place. I can
dirty up a stovetop with the best of them, but I suspect
some/most/all of that shit that gets in there comes from overflows
and such on the stovetop and finds it's way to the Sweet Spot
right above the Windows to Hell.

It turns out that inner space between the windows can be reached
easily from the inside of the oven, too (but not to clean them,
just to attract 12 years worth of greasy chicken and bacon fumes
in a non-user0-accessible space.

In any event, those windows have been super dirty since Day 7.
Now add 12 or 13 years...

So as I was going to broil my Turkey Devonshire, I noticed the
screws holding the oven door together. And I asked myself "What
if...". I set the un-broiled Turkey Devonshire aside. I took off
the first two top screws that hold the three piece door together
and oops... These apparently hold the heavy metal foor handle
on...which is unseen to me since its under the door and now I have
I'm in bare feet and now I have two black big toes... It was a
"perfect landing" forthe two pointed corners of the heavy door
handle (which is used as a counter balance to keep the door open
or halfway closed when broiling - duh!). It hit the left big toe
first and then 29ms later, the right toenail. Duh..

But the pain was softened by the horrors I saw between those two
windows as the three parts of the door starting flapping open...
The turkey devoshire is on HOLD.

The full take apart of the three pieces was only 4 more screws,
but very hard to reach unless you take the door off the oven. NO!
- BTDT when replacing the oven igniter - not going to do *that*
again.

But I got to them by opening the warming oven drawer and using my
flexible bit driver extension (I love that thing!).

Four hours later and 16 or 20 5-minute/ea soakings in a half
gallon's worth of straight ammonia-soaked towels and rags with the
help of every Scotch-Brite 3M product, wire brushes, and newspaper
from the neighbors recycling bin, I had the stainless steel face
and tempered glass window spotless (two pieces).

Inhaling the smelling salts all this time really gets one perked
up - No Coffee Needed. So I invested another .53 more hours in
cleaning the inner window. My savior, after trying everything
else, and several times in prior years to this event, was a 35
year old can of "Orange Citrus Crazy Cleaner"
(https://www.spraywayinc.com/content/orange-citrus-crazy-clean),
steel wool, and 30+ minutes of pure elbow grease (not including a
half hour break due to a persistent and painful charlie horse in
the hand - menthol+capsaicin rub on the forearm finally fixed
that). Total time 7.5 hours.

Pics or it didn't happen and for flame bait:

Outer glass tempered window After cleaning standing up on the
counter praying it won't fall down:
https://i.postimg.cc/rw94phz0/After-Cleaning-Window-2-front-face.jpg
With reflection of 'The Hundred 100 Acre Wood' behind the house
(which is actually 410 acres - no human habitations or enclosed
building ever allowed).

No pics of the outer stainless steel shell. But it took up 2+
hours, has lots of crevices and was sharp as a MOFO!

Stage #2 the inner composite thermoplastic oven door (BITCH!):
https://i.postimg.cc/LXJgN2DL/Inside-Oven-Door-2.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/50DYrTKG/Inside-Oven-Door-Window-2.jpg
(Fun stuff there!)

After cleaning (I gave up - could have been better):
https://i.postimg.cc/DyLs9fTc/Inside-Oven-Door-Face-After-cleaning.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/Ls61gzZy/Inside-oven-door-window-Inward-face-after-cleaning.jpg
(brass pot filled with glass lids is being used as a weight)

After putting it all together and all the glass cleaned, it still
wasn't very bright in there. Maybe this glass light bulb cap
could be part of the problem, hmm?

https://i.postimg.cc/nV6BSj6z/Oven-Bulb-Cap.jpg

This was the hardest little POS in the while whole bunch. I tried
every scrubbie and cleaner previous to this and nothing would
budge it. Worse, the gunk is ON THE INSIDE and it's textured
glass in there (lost of little bumps). WTF!?!?! It got put into
a ziplock with my last 2 TBS of ammonia and sat all night letting
those ammonia fumes work on that shit. Still required a little
elbow grease, but it came clean after that.

The oven with a cow sitting in there waiting to test drive it.
https://i.postimg.cc/QC0yJgdf/Oven-After-Cleaning-Lit.jpg

He doesn't know that a 4 hour self-clean is happing tonight (after
I clean the stove top so that shit doesn't bake on there, too).

Bonus pics from Yesterday:

I caught 3 flies with this duck yesterday:
https://i.postimg.cc/qMV6xf36/Fly-Catcher.jpg
(two were the same fly - I didn't believe I caught it the first
time so mistakenly let him go). They're not exactly chopsticks,
but I think I'll be ready to walk the rice paper in a couple days.

I accidentally snapped this photo, but a lot going on here.

https://i.postimg.cc/5yvYWgZt/Air-Return-Basil-Dresser-Moccasin-Tile-Handle-Rye-Grqass-Neighbor.jpg

A stripped basil plant I put up to dry, a bong-water soaked
moccasin (not my bong, and I did not partake except for spilling
it on my foot th next morning), a universal extensible
mop-broom-brush-duster pole, my winter rye grass is just coming in
the sunnier spots of the yard (I have no grass in the
spring-summer, but I have the only grass in the fall-winter). A
air return vent cover being stripped of paint in an ammonia gas
bag). Some tile I ripped out to re-seat and refloor a toilet
(gasket came today free fedex from Home Depot 3 miles away). The
center section of the top of a horizontal dresser (I hated it and
cut off the two ends with a scroll saw to make matching drawered
end-tables yesterday). And my fashionista neighbor doing his
daily Corvette clean-out wearing a blue baseball cap with a boner
brim (who does that anymore?), red shirt, black shorts, knee high
argile socks, and bike cleats.

Yeah - and look what just came. I ordered this from Home Depot
Sunday morning at 2:AM and it got here FedEx before noon today.
Free shipping from Home Depot 3 miles away. So I see a heavy
toilet in my very near future...Also cobbling together a water
pump from my sous vide circulator (background) to get the last of
the water out of the toilet bowl before I lift it up...

No Turkey Devonshire, but look what you get for $17.50 at a yuppie
restaurant these days:

https://i.postimg.cc/HjDY0CvY/Post-Clean-Dinner.jpg

-sw

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<ea2e680f-bf73-4371-b189-e32ed01664f9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236143&group=rec.food.cooking#236143

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 17:09:12 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...
From: canope...@gmail.com (Thomas)
 by: Thomas - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 01:09 UTC

On Monday, November 28, 2022 at 7:11:48 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> [...]
> (gasket came today free fedex from Home Depot 3 miles away). The
> center section of the top of a horizontal dresser (I hated it and
> cut off the two ends with a scroll saw to make matching drawered
> end-tables yesterday). And my fashionista neighbor doing his
> daily Corvette clean-out wearing a blue baseball cap with a boner
> brim (who does that anymore?), red shirt, black shorts, knee high
> argile socks, and bike cleats.
>
> Yeah - and look what just came. I ordered this from Home Depot
> Sunday morning at 2:AM and it got here FedEx before noon today.
> Free shipping from Home Depot 3 miles away. So I see a heavy
> toilet in my very near future...Also cobbling together a water
> pump from my sous vide circulator (background) to get the last of
> the water out of the toilet bowl before I lift it up...
>
> No Turkey Devonshire, but look what you get for $17.50 at a yuppie

The bulb cover was priceless. I feel your pain. Best rfc post in a while.

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<jul5ekFk6brU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236145&group=rec.food.cooking#236145

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 12:26:44 +1100
 by: Bruce - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 01:26 UTC

On Mon, 28 Nov 2022 17:09:12 -0800 (PST), Thomas <canope234@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>> end-tables yesterday). And my fashionista neighbor doing his
>> daily Corvette clean-out wearing a blue baseball cap with a boner
>> brim (who does that anymore?), red shirt, black shorts, knee high
>> argile socks, and bike cleats.
>>
>> Yeah - and look what just came. I ordered this from Home Depot
>> Sunday morning at 2:AM and it got here FedEx before noon today.
>> Free shipping from Home Depot 3 miles away. So I see a heavy
>> toilet in my very near future...Also cobbling together a water
>> pump from my sous vide circulator (background) to get the last of
>> the water out of the toilet bowl before I lift it up...
>>
>> No Turkey Devonshire, but look what you get for $17.50 at a yuppie
>> restaurant these days:
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/HjDY0CvY/Post-Clean-Dinner.jpg
>>
>> -sw
>The bulb cover was priceless. I feel your pain. Best rfc post in a while.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<870ef4b4-8dd4-4d82-b079-2ed359fdd2f9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236146&group=rec.food.cooking#236146

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 17:29:21 -0800 (PST)
From: canope...@gmail.com (Thomas)
 by: Thomas - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 01:29 UTC

On Monday, November 28, 2022 at 8:26:52 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> [...]
> >> end-tables yesterday). And my fashionista neighbor doing his
> >> daily Corvette clean-out wearing a blue baseball cap with a boner
> >> brim (who does that anymore?), red shirt, black shorts, knee high
> >> argile socks, and bike cleats.
> >>
> >> Yeah - and look what just came. I ordered this from Home Depot
> >> Sunday morning at 2:AM and it got here FedEx before noon today.
> >> Free shipping from Home Depot 3 miles away. So I see a heavy
> >> toilet in my very near future...Also cobbling together a water
> >> pump from my sous vide circulator (background) to get the last of
> >> the water out of the toilet bowl before I lift it up...
> >>
> >> No Turkey Devonshire, but look what you get for $17.50 at a yuppie
> >> restaurant these days:
> >>
> >> https://i.postimg.cc/HjDY0CvY/Post-Clean-Dinner.jpg
> >>
> >> -sw
> >The bulb cover was priceless. I feel your pain. Best rfc post in a while.

I read up to the back yard. The oven was good enough.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<JDehL.32009$zBQ2.21758@fx40.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236153&group=rec.food.cooking#236153

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: g.ste...@shaw.ca (Graham)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 20:03:05 -0700
 by: Graham - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 03:03 UTC

On 2022-11-28 5:11 p.m., Sqwertz wrote:

While Whirlpool is GE, .

Are you sure about that?

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<njfhL.33969$o_Q2.5770@fx36.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236157&group=rec.food.cooking#236157

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 22:49:38 -0500
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 03:49 UTC

On 11/28/2022 10:03 PM, Graham wrote:
> On 2022-11-28 5:11 p.m., Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>   While Whirlpool is GE, .
>>

> Are you sure about that?

Haier Group

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haier
The home appliances business, namely Haier Smart Home, has seven global
brands – Haier, Casarte, Leader, GE Appliances, Fisher & Paykel, Aqua
and Candy.

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<S0hhL.360524$Mlk.332556@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236178&group=rec.food.cooking#236178

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 00:46:27 -0500
 by: Michael Trew - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 05:46 UTC

On 11/28/2022 19:11, Sqwertz wrote:
> ...MY ASS!
>
> Frigidaire - though pretty much the same ovens from other major
> manufacturers, all eventually made by Electrolux or Whirlpool.

Well there's your problem, right there... you bought a "Frigidaire"
oven. You should have bought a "Hotpoint" oven, and a "Frigidaire"
refrigerator. ;)

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<1u8xk04hmrhsx.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236181&group=rec.food.cooking#236181

From: sqwert...@gmail.invalid (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 00:31:13 -0600
 by: Sqwertz - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 06:31 UTC

On Mon, 28 Nov 2022 17:09:12 -0800 (PST), Thomas wrote:

> The bulb cover was priceless. I feel your pain. Best rfc post in a while.

I woudld have thought it was the fashionista neighbor. Or the
$17.50 dinner. I just put all three of those into the end there
to see how far people would read. You stopped at the bulb cover...
hmm.

Anyway, I had to squeeze more milk out all that hard work. So
thank you - you made it even more worthwhile :-)

-sw

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<192dxqxequqgu$.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236182&group=rec.food.cooking#236182

From: sqwert...@gmail.invalid (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 00:32:47 -0600
 by: Sqwertz - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 06:32 UTC

On Mon, 28 Nov 2022 17:29:21 -0800 (PST), Thomas wrote:

> On Monday, November 28, 2022 at 8:26:52 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>
>> You read all that?

And so did you, brucette.

> I read up to the back yard. The oven was good enough.

Then how did you know about the light bulb cover.. I smell a rat!
;-)

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<12t91ag682r2b$.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236183&group=rec.food.cooking#236183

From: sqwert...@gmail.invalid (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 00:34:14 -0600
 by: Sqwertz - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 06:34 UTC

On Mon, 28 Nov 2022 20:03:05 -0700, Graham wrote:

> On 2022-11-28 5:11 p.m., Sqwertz wrote:
>>
> While Whirlpool is GE, .
>>

> Are you sure about that?

Yes. But I believe that YOU don't believe it...

-sw

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<8cykc7v76a1i.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236184&group=rec.food.cooking#236184

From: sqwert...@gmail.invalid (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 00:41:08 -0600
 by: Sqwertz - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 06:41 UTC

On Mon, 28 Nov 2022 22:49:38 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 11/28/2022 10:03 PM, Graham wrote:
>> On 2022-11-28 5:11 p.m., Sqwertz wrote:
>>>
>>   While Whirlpool is GE, .
>>>

>> Are you sure about that?
>
> Haier Group
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haier
> The home appliances business, namely Haier Smart Home, has seven global
> brands – Haier, Casarte, Leader, GE Appliances, Fisher & Paykel, Aqua
> and Candy.

I'm sorry... ELETROLUX is GE. or was planned to be.

https://www.builderonline.com/money/m-a/electrolux-to-acquire-ge-appliances-in-3-3-billion-deal_o

But GE backed out the went with the chinks 2 year later. Fuckers.

-sw

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<b42uettzptv.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236185&group=rec.food.cooking#236185

From: sqwert...@gmail.invalid (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 00:45:01 -0600
 by: Sqwertz - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 06:45 UTC

On Tue, 29 Nov 2022 00:46:27 -0500, Michael Trew wrote:

> On 11/28/2022 19:11, Sqwertz wrote:
>> ...MY ASS!
>>
>> Frigidaire - though pretty much the same ovens from other major
>> manufacturers, all eventually made by Electrolux or Whirlpool.
>
> Well there's your problem, right there... you bought a "Frigidaire"
> oven. You should have bought a "Hotpoint" oven, and a "Frigidaire"
> refrigerator. ;)

Yes, I pointed that out...

Or I did, but it must have gotten edited out for brevity <snork>
I said "It was unfortunate and ironic brand name for an oven...".
Just pretend I said that.

-sw

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<julpl1Fn0qnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236190&group=rec.food.cooking#236190

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 18:11:28 +1100
 by: Bruce - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 07:11 UTC

On Tue, 29 Nov 2022 00:32:47 -0600, Sqwertz <sqwertzme@gmail.invalid>
wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Nov 2022 17:29:21 -0800 (PST), Thomas wrote:
>
>> On Monday, November 28, 2022 at 8:26:52 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>>> You read all that?
>
>And so did you, brucette.

One of the good things of the times we live in is that gender confused
people, like Steve, are no longer afraid to come out of the closet :)

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<6BkhL.388945$Mlk.139898@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236200&group=rec.food.cooking#236200

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 09:49:54 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 09:49 UTC

On 2022-11-29, Sqwertz <sqwertzme@gmail.invalid> wrote:

> The "best" feature is that oh-so-helpful wide-ass inch-wide vent
> that they put smack on top of the oven door so's that anything
> that gets past the front edge of the stove rolls down the face and
> drips into that vent and onto the two faces of the windows that
> you have no access to clean. I don't even know how all that
> schmutz gets to the front of the stove in the first place. I can
> dirty up a stovetop with the best of them, but I suspect
> some/most/all of that shit that gets in there comes from overflows
> and such on the stovetop

I don't overflow anything on the stovetop. Perhaps you should take more
care while cooking.

There's no vent on the top of my oven door. There is one (not an
inch wide) on the upper edge of the inside of the door.

Sorry for your trouble. I should check to see if my oven needs to be
cleaned. Perhaps a touch-up with the "steam clean" feature.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<MPG.3defec1ed16ff7ef9897f7@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236206&group=rec.food.cooking#236206

From: nob...@home.com (Janet)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 10:15:27 -0000
 by: Janet - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 10:15 UTC

My oven is a Bosch, two see-in ovens and both doors
have inner panes of glass inside the glass outer door

The inner panes can be removed for cleaning;
instructions in the user manual, not very hard to do.

The manual warns against using a scraper or hard
abrasion on the inner glass because sctratching it may
cause cracks to develop.

Janet UK

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<tm4usq$28urs$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236219&group=rec.food.cooking#236219

From: g.maj...@att.net (Gary)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 07:45:14 -0500
 by: Gary - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 12:45 UTC

Sqwertz wrote:
> The oven with a cow sitting in there waiting to test drive it.

> https://i.postimg.cc/QC0yJgdf/Oven-After-Cleaning-Lit.jpg

I like that picture. heh

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<z8ohL.23483$u%0f.8036@fx05.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236220&group=rec.food.cooking#236220

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 08:52:31 -0500
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 13:52 UTC

On 11/29/2022 1:31 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Nov 2022 17:09:12 -0800 (PST), Thomas wrote:
>
>> The bulb cover was priceless. I feel your pain. Best rfc post in a while.
>
> I woudld have thought it was the fashionista neighbor. Or the
> $17.50 dinner. I just put all three of those into the end there
> to see how far people would read. You stopped at the bulb cover...
> hmm.
>
> Anyway, I had to squeeze more milk out all that hard work. So
> thank you - you made it even more worthwhile :-)
>
> -sw

The bulb cover could have been a display at a modern art museum. Maybe
a line of jewelry with the pattern. Would make a nice pendant.

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<lxohL.312536$kmVf.29818@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236225&group=rec.food.cooking#236225

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 09:18:57 -0500
 by: Dave Smith - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 14:18 UTC

On 2022-11-29 1:34 a.m., Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Nov 2022 20:03:05 -0700, Graham wrote:
>
>> On 2022-11-28 5:11 p.m., Sqwertz wrote:
>>>
>> While Whirlpool is GE, .
>>>

>> Are you sure about that?
>
> Yes. But I believe that YOU don't believe it...

Are you sure about that? GE and Whirlpool are different companies. It
seems that Whirlpool makes Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Amana,
Jenn-Air and Consul. GE makes GE Monogram, Haier and Hotpoint.

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<lft071knxoxa$.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236232&group=rec.food.cooking#236232

From: sqwert...@gmail.invalid (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 10:35:29 -0600
 by: Sqwertz - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 16:35 UTC

On Tue, 29 Nov 2022 09:49:54 GMT, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On 2022-11-29, Sqwertz <sqwertzme@gmail.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> The "best" feature is that oh-so-helpful wide-ass inch-wide vent
>> that they put smack on top of the oven door so's that anything
>> that gets past the front edge of the stove rolls down the face and
>> drips into that vent and onto the two faces of the windows that
>> you have no access to clean. I don't even know how all that
>> schmutz gets to the front of the stove in the first place. I can
>> dirty up a stovetop with the best of them, but I suspect
>> some/most/all of that shit that gets in there comes from overflows
>> and such on the stovetop
>
> I don't overflow anything on the stovetop. Perhaps you should take more
> care while cooking.

Maybe you should come stay at my house and do all the cooking,
then. We'd like ham, potatoes, and green beans tonight.

Save the condescension for your husband.

-sw

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<aUqhL.20$i761.13@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236237&group=rec.food.cooking#236237

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 16:59:50 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 16:59 UTC

On 2022-11-29, Sqwertz <sqwertzme@gmail.invalid> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Nov 2022 09:49:54 GMT, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> On 2022-11-29, Sqwertz <sqwertzme@gmail.invalid> wrote:
>>>
>>> The "best" feature is that oh-so-helpful wide-ass inch-wide vent
>>> that they put smack on top of the oven door so's that anything
>>> that gets past the front edge of the stove rolls down the face and
>>> drips into that vent and onto the two faces of the windows that
>>> you have no access to clean. I don't even know how all that
>>> schmutz gets to the front of the stove in the first place. I can
>>> dirty up a stovetop with the best of them, but I suspect
>>> some/most/all of that shit that gets in there comes from overflows
>>> and such on the stovetop
>>
>> I don't overflow anything on the stovetop. Perhaps you should take more
>> care while cooking.
>
> Maybe you should come stay at my house and do all the cooking,
> then. We'd like ham, potatoes, and green beans tonight.

Sure. It'll be salad with grilled skinless, boneless chicken breast
on it. If I do a lime vinaigrette, I'll make cilantro one of the
leafy things in the salad.

Bread on the side, drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<hKshL.4310$X8k1.465@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236241&group=rec.food.cooking#236241

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: g.ste...@shaw.ca (Graham)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 12:05:48 -0700
 by: Graham - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 19:05 UTC

On 2022-11-29 3:15 a.m., Janet wrote:

> My oven is a Bosch, two see-in ovens and both doors
> have inner panes of glass inside the glass outer door
>
> The inner panes can be removed for cleaning;
> instructions in the user manual, not very hard to do.
>
> The manual warns against using a scraper or hard
> abrasion on the inner glass because sctratching it may
> cause cracks to develop.
>

> Janet UK

My oven is also a Bosch and it is without doubt, the worst appliance
I've ever bought, followed by the Bosch dishwasher.
The oven can be used ONLY in the convection bake mode as the temperature
swings as much as +/-50F in other modes. Note that it was made for the
NA market so the dial is in foreignheit.
The pump in the DW became very noisy just after the warranty expired.
I'd like to replace them but it's not worth it because when I sell my
house, it will be jacked up and moved to a rural site for some farmer
and a new, monster house will be built in its place.

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<tm5nbg$hne$1@ftupet.ftupet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236254&group=rec.food.cooking#236254

From: ter...@ftupet.com (tert in seattle)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 19:42:40 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: tert@ftupet.com (tert)
 by: tert in seattle - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 19:42 UTC

sqwertzme@gmail.invalid writes:
>On Tue, 29 Nov 2022 09:49:54 GMT, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> On 2022-11-29, Sqwertz <sqwertzme@gmail.invalid> wrote:
>>>
>>> The "best" feature is that oh-so-helpful wide-ass inch-wide vent
>>> that they put smack on top of the oven door so's that anything
>>> that gets past the front edge of the stove rolls down the face and
>>> drips into that vent and onto the two faces of the windows that
>>> you have no access to clean. I don't even know how all that
>>> schmutz gets to the front of the stove in the first place. I can
>>> dirty up a stovetop with the best of them, but I suspect
>>> some/most/all of that shit that gets in there comes from overflows
>>> and such on the stovetop
>>
>> I don't overflow anything on the stovetop. Perhaps you should take more
>> care while cooking.
>
>Maybe you should come stay at my house and do all the cooking,
>then. We'd like ham, potatoes, and green beans tonight.
>
>Save the condescension for your husband.
>
>-sw

ooh someone hit a nerve

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<tm5nck$hne$2@ftupet.ftupet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236255&group=rec.food.cooking#236255

From: ter...@ftupet.com (tert in seattle)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 19:43:16 +0000 (UTC)
Originator: tert@ftupet.com (tert)
 by: tert in seattle - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 19:43 UTC

michael.trew@att.net writes:
>On 11/28/2022 19:11, Sqwertz wrote:
>> ...MY ASS!
>>
>> Frigidaire - though pretty much the same ovens from other major
>> manufacturers, all eventually made by Electrolux or Whirlpool.
>
>Well there's your problem, right there... you bought a "Frigidaire"
>oven. You should have bought a "Hotpoint" oven, and a "Frigidaire"
>refrigerator. ;)

my frigidaire washer and dryer from 2006 are still performing well

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<jun7k4Fts5eU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236260&group=rec.food.cooking#236260

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 07:16:02 +1100
 by: Bruce - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 20:16 UTC

On Tue, 29 Nov 2022 19:42:40 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
<tert@ftupet.com> wrote:

>sqwertzme@gmail.invalid writes:

>>> I don't overflow anything on the stovetop. Perhaps you should take more
>>> care while cooking.
>>
>>Maybe you should come stay at my house and do all the cooking,
>>then. We'd like ham, potatoes, and green beans tonight.
>>
>>Save the condescension for your husband.
>>
>>-sw
>
>ooh someone hit a nerve

What happens when you criticize a narcissist?
<https://www.quora.com/What-happens-when-you-criticize-a-narcissist>

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Re: "Self Cleaning" Oven...

<a63bac42-208e-4967-b67c-573c67392ec8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=236267&group=rec.food.cooking#236267

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 13:09:24 -0800 (PST)
From: dsi...@hawaiiantel.net (dsi1)
 by: dsi1 - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 21:09 UTC

On Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 10:16:10 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> What happens when you criticize a narcissist?
> <https://www.quora.com/What-happens-when-you-criticize-a-narcissist>
>
> --
> Bruce
> <https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

This is the reason I like to steer clear of some posters. Yes.

interests / rec.food.cooking / "Self Cleaning" Oven...