From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Subject: Soup temperature
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 18:42:57 -0500
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 23:42 UTC

Had turkey noodle/vegetable soup tonight. We recently talked about food
temperature but definitions like "luke warm" or "piping hot" are subject
to interpretation . I put my personal choice numbers on it tonight.

From the fridge to a bowl in the microwave I gave it a short time for a
comparison. Took it out and tried it at 93 degrees. Edible but
definitely too low. I put it back for some time and now it was heated
to 135. Too hot for me. touche my lips and tongue but could not eat
it. Stirred and let it cool to 130. Still a bit warm but tolerable.
At 127 I could dig in and eat if comfortably.

At the same time, I had a glass of Chardonnay. Out of the wine fridge
at 58 it was good but after warming to about 65 it was a bit more flavorful.

Of course, your personal preference may differ.

Re: Soup temperature

<088255b8-e6dd-4da5-94e7-47575f692477n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237251&group=rec.food.cooking#237251

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 09:30:31 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Soup temperature
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Bering Sea Bar & Brig@MarthaStewart.GoodThing)
 by: Bering Sea Bar & - Sun, 4 Dec 2022 17:30 UTC

On Saturday, December 3, 2022 at 5:43:02 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Had turkey noodle/vegetable soup tonight. We recently talked about food
> temperature but definitions like "luke warm" or "piping hot" are subject
> to interpretation . I put my personal choice numbers on it tonight.
>
> From the fridge to a bowl in the microwave I gave it a short time for a
> comparison. Took it out and tried it at 93 degrees. Edible but
> definitely too low. I put it back for some time and now it was heated
> to 135. Too hot for me. touche my lips and tongue but could not eat
> it. Stirred and let it cool to 130. Still a bit warm but tolerable.
> At 127 I could dig in and eat if comfortably.
>
> At the same time, I had a glass of Chardonnay. Out of the wine fridge
> at 58 it was good but after warming to about 65 it was a bit more flavorful.
>
> Of course, your personal preference may differ.

Thankgiving turkey needs boiling to become edible.

Re: Soup temperature

<q55jL.99056$Use.20414@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237255&group=rec.food.cooking#237255

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 12:50:13 -0500
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Sun, 4 Dec 2022 17:50 UTC

On 12/4/2022 12:30 PM, Bering Sea Bar & Brig@MarthaStewart.GoodThing wrote:
> On Saturday, December 3, 2022 at 5:43:02 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Had turkey noodle/vegetable soup tonight. We recently talked about food
>> temperature but definitions like "luke warm" or "piping hot" are subject
>> to interpretation . I put my personal choice numbers on it tonight.
>>
>> From the fridge to a bowl in the microwave I gave it a short time for a
>> comparison. Took it out and tried it at 93 degrees. Edible but
>> definitely too low. I put it back for some time and now it was heated
>> to 135. Too hot for me. touche my lips and tongue but could not eat
>> it. Stirred and let it cool to 130. Still a bit warm but tolerable.
>> At 127 I could dig in and eat if comfortably.
>>
>> At the same time, I had a glass of Chardonnay. Out of the wine fridge
>> at 58 it was good but after warming to about 65 it was a bit more flavorful.
>>
>> Of course, your personal preference may differ.
>
> Thankgiving turkey needs boiling to become edible.

It probably was when originally made. I'd heating leftovers.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Soup temperature