Subject: Re: The Justices Didn't Lie About Roe v. Wade - And Democrats Know It
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.men,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.republicans,alt.politics
References: <d7ae2b08656422c8e3f4f56d4a9b218f@dizum.com> <thm27k$3bdt0$2@news.mixmin.net> <cuftjh99nb9hcrvkfs02rrs1pflbfj4rgc@4ax.com> <thn262$3i9oj$3@news.mixmin.net> <thnnh7$3fop1$3@dont-email.me> <0coujhhasfqgauemeuiiqg37fa3hefbro2@4ax.com> <tho3hv$3muio$6@news.mixmin.net> <thpufk$3q46u$3@dont-email.me> <thqnp9$70f9$7@news.mixmin.net> <smfern$klc$90@news.dns-netz.com> <9a7d50f2d7f99a59edadeefc07b21e4d@dizum.com>
From: 26C.Z...@noada.net (26C.Z968)
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 20:08:17 -0400
 by: 26C.Z968 - Sun, 16 Oct 2022 00:08 UTC

On 10/15/22 4:19 AM, Gregory P. Schermer wrote:
> In article <smfern$klc$90@news.dns-netz.com>
> <governor.swill@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Democrats love killing babies.
>>

> There is definitely some serious misrepresentation going on
> about what was said in those hearings about Roe and Casey, but
> it’s not coming from the Justices.
>
> Calling a precedent “settled” means only that it exists and says
> absolutely nothing about whether it could, or should, be
> unsettled.

Strictly speaking, true.

However The People don't LIKE unsettling longstanding
rulings. As the USSC is supposed to view cases through
the same lens and the Founders/constitution you'd
EXPECT the same ruling every time a similar case came
up. If the previous court was imperfect, then what
makes the current court more perfect ?

Of course this only seems to apply to abortion - not
the revisionists that would seek to undo over 200
years worth of rulings supporting the 2nd amendment ...

All that said, it was long known that 'Roe' went too
far in extending 'privacy' rights - they had to put
a ridiculous amount of left-wing spin on it - the
Founders and constitution really offered no clear
guidance on the issue. 'Roe' was thus a *political
move*, not the USSC doing what it was supposed to do.

Meanwhile, neither House or Senate moved to make the
essence of 'Roe' into a self-standing federal law.
Had many ops, shoulda, didn't.

And there's a REASON for that - the possibility that
Roe could go away was a great POLITICAL threat ...
"Vote for Them and they'll ..." great for raising
campaign donations, rallying the troops.

Machiavelli advised that if no real enemies exist it
was politically wise to INVENT some to keep that
"state of emergency" state of mind going. The USA
doesn't really have serious enemies on its borders
and the Reds Under The Beds thing kinda got used
up - even the 'terrorists' paranoia. So the 'enemies'
become ideological monsters instead and you point
at THOSE deadly threats.

But you have to make sure the 'threats' never
go away .......