If we don't survive, we don't do anything else. -- John Sinclair

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...

SubjectAuthor
* OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...Sqwertz
+- Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...Thomas
+- Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...bruce bowser
+- Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...Sqwertz
`* Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...Michael Trew
 +* Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...Hank Rogers
 |`- Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...Thomas
 `* Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...Sqwertz
  +* Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...Bruce
  |`- Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...Thomas
  +* Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...Cindy Hamilton
  |`- Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...Hank Rogers
  `- Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...Michael Trew

1
OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...

<sk54u28vhrhc$.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237384&group=rec.food.cooking#237384

From: sqwert...@gmail.invalid (Sqwertz)
Subject: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 01:16:47 -0600
 by: Sqwertz - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 07:16 UTC

My project for the first half of December was to reseat the toilet
in the floor in one of the upstairs bathrooms and replace the tank
to bowl gasket. What the hell,. just buy EVERYTHING.

I was told the whole subfloor of that bathroom was probably
trashed. It would need replaced due to a "small" flood in there
30 or so years ago (As much water as the faulty toilet fill valve
could pump out of the wall in 28 hours).

[snip long story I could write but didn't - Sorry folks!]

I pulled the tank off (using a coping saw to cut the bolts) and
then the toilet [Parental Guidance Strongly Advised - Pussies!]

https://i.postimg.cc/0N9HH6KN/Pulled-Toilet.jpg

Here's a "cleaner" view showing my problem and question.

https://i.postimg.cc/jSHFX659/Sheating-seams-and-joists.jpg

Tub on right covers my next joist location by 3 inches. Vanity
covers over next joist location by 16 inches. And at the back wall
behind vanity and toilet, wall studs/and framing for those are
nailed through the subfloor and into the subfloor.
e If I were to cut out the visible area (pink) , I would only have
limited joist support to nail in the new sheathingAnd that what
caused this floor to buckle and rot in the first place. The
builders missed those 4 nail holes into the joists (4 yellow dots
..... And thats a seam between 2 4x8's and right next to the toilet
flange which hold s up to 500lbs if some fat-ass is sitting on
teh throne.

I ain't bringing up the tub or the vanity. Fuck that. I am NOT a
carpenter and my tools consist of a manual limb saw, a coping saw,
and a hand held jig/scroll saw which theoretically only cuts 1.5"
deep non-adjustable.

I can beg borrow steal a circular saw from somebody probably.
I'll probably have to. Especially for over that air duct.

I'll be here all day tomorrow if you want to stop by with your
tools!

The GOOD NEWS IS: There's nothing wrong with the subfloor except
for this. So I just saved $10K. But I'm still too cheap to call a
professional. Besides, I've already done half the work and I'm
not a quitter! :-)

-sw

Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...

<95c4a89d-4c91-4387-aee0-f154b7c1b26bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237387&group=rec.food.cooking#237387

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 01:14:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...
From: canope...@gmail.com (Thomas)
 by: Thomas - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 09:14 UTC

On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 2:16:53 AM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> My project for the first half of December was to reseat the toilet
> in the floor in one of the upstairs bathrooms and replace the tank
> to bowl gasket. What the hell,. just buy EVERYTHING.
>
> I was told the whole subfloor of that bathroom was probably
> trashed. It would need replaced due to a "small" flood in there
> 30 or so years ago (As much water as the faulty toilet fill valve
> could pump out of the wall in 28 hours).
>
> [snip long story I could write but didn't - Sorry folks!]
>
> I pulled the tank off (using a coping saw to cut the bolts) and
> then the toilet [Parental Guidance Strongly Advised - Pussies!]
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/0N9HH6KN/Pulled-Toilet.jpg
>
> Here's a "cleaner" view showing my problem and question.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/jSHFX659/Sheating-seams-and-joists.jpg
>
> Tub on right covers my next joist location by 3 inches. Vanity
> covers over next joist location by 16 inches. And at the back wall
> behind vanity and toilet, wall studs/and framing for those are
> nailed through the subfloor and into the subfloor.
> If I were to cut out the visible area (pink) , I would only have
> limited joist support to nail in the new sheathingAnd that what
> caused this floor to buckle and rot in the first place. The
> builders missed those 4 nail holes into the joists (4 yellow dots
> .... And thats a seam between 2 4x8's and right next to the toilet
> flange which hold s up to 500lbs if some fat-ass is sitting on
> teh throne.
>
> I ain't bringing up the tub or the vanity. Fuck that. I am NOT a
> carpenter and my tools consist of a manual limb saw, a coping saw,
> and a hand held jig/scroll saw which theoretically only cuts 1.5"
> deep non-adjustable.
>
> I can beg borrow steal a circular saw from somebody probably.
> I'll probably have to. Especially for over that air duct.
>
> I'll be here all day tomorrow if you want to stop by with your
> tools!
>
> The GOOD NEWS IS: There's nothing wrong with the subfloor except
> for this. So I just saved $10K. But I'm still too cheap to call a
> professional. Besides, I've already done half the work and I'm
> not a quitter! :-)
>
> -sw
It's early but what is the question?
If I had a second bathroom I would rip it all out. It starts getting real easy when you can put stuff back where you want it.
You can fill the damage now with floor leveler, like a bondo fix and tile or linoleum etc over the top.

Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...

<f118c8d2-19f3-4098-ad09-54ade180a7d7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237404&group=rec.food.cooking#237404

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 05:09:15 -0800 (PST)
From: bruce2bo...@gmail.com (bruce bowser)
 by: bruce bowser - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 13:09 UTC

On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 2:16:53 AM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> My project for the first half of December was to reseat the toilet
> in the floor in one of the upstairs bathrooms and replace the tank
> to bowl gasket. What the hell,. just buy EVERYTHING.
>
> I was told the whole subfloor of that bathroom was probably
> trashed. It would need replaced due to a "small" flood in there
> 30 or so years ago (As much water as the faulty toilet fill valve
> could pump out of the wall in 28 hours).
>
> [snip long story I could write but didn't - Sorry folks!]
>
> I pulled the tank off (using a coping saw to cut the bolts) and
> then the toilet [Parental Guidance Strongly Advised - Pussies!]
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/0N9HH6KN/Pulled-Toilet.jpg
>
> Here's a "cleaner" view showing my problem and question.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/jSHFX659/Sheating-seams-and-joists.jpg
>
> Tub on right covers my next joist location by 3 inches. Vanity
> covers over next joist location by 16 inches. And at the back wall
> behind vanity and toilet, wall studs/and framing for those are
> nailed through the subfloor and into the subfloor.
> If I were to cut out the visible area (pink) , I would only have
> limited joist support to nail in the new sheathingAnd that what
> caused this floor to buckle and rot in the first place. The
> builders missed those 4 nail holes into the joists (4 yellow dots
> .... And thats a seam between 2 4x8's and right next to the toilet
> flange which hold s up to 500lbs if some fat-ass is sitting on
> teh throne.
>
> I ain't bringing up the tub or the vanity. Fuck that. I am NOT a
> carpenter and my tools consist of a manual limb saw, a coping saw,
> and a hand held jig/scroll saw which theoretically only cuts 1.5"
> deep non-adjustable.
>
> I can beg borrow steal a circular saw from somebody probably.
> I'll probably have to. Especially for over that air duct.
>
> I'll be here all day tomorrow if you want to stop by with your
> tools!
>
> The GOOD NEWS IS: There's nothing wrong with the subfloor except
> for this. So I just saved $10K. But I'm still too cheap to call a
> professional. Besides, I've already done half the work and I'm
> not a quitter! :-)

Are you through? Now. The people here don't know shit. So take it over to alt.home.repair OK?

Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...

<15txah3m8uii1.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237432&group=rec.food.cooking#237432

From: sqwert...@gmail.invalid (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 14:02:23 -0600
 by: Sqwertz - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 20:02 UTC

On Mon, 5 Dec 2022 01:16:47 -0600, Sqwertz wrote:

> If I were to cut out the visible area (pink) , I would only have
> limited joist support to nail in the new sheathing.

I guess the solution is to cut out the visible area only and block
the shit out of, and build new joists where you can. the floor
joists that you can and build new josists where you can. And fuck
it where you can't.

Thanks! Bringing up the floor in a an hour or two. I need a few
more shots of rum first....

-sw

Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...

<yrzjL.47$ZnFc.9@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237480&group=rec.food.cooking#237480

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2022 23:21:52 -0500
 by: Michael Trew - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 04:21 UTC

On 12/5/2022 2:16, Sqwertz wrote:
> My project for the first half of December was to reseat the toilet
> in the floor in one of the upstairs bathrooms and replace the tank
> to bowl gasket. What the hell,. just buy EVERYTHING.
>
> I was told the whole subfloor of that bathroom was probably
> trashed. It would need replaced due to a "small" flood in there
> 30 or so years ago (As much water as the faulty toilet fill valve
> could pump out of the wall in 28 hours).

No fun.

> I can beg borrow steal a circular saw from somebody probably.
> I'll probably have to. Especially for over that air duct.
>
> I'll be here all day tomorrow if you want to stop by with your
> tools!

I've got 4 mostly functional circular saws, if only you lived in Ohio.

Best of luck with your project. I had to cut out all of the cast iron
from my commode down to the cellar, which went through the brick wall in
the kitchen. It was not a fun ordeal, at all... especially considering
that the old cast iron was plugged up when I bought the house. I can't
speak of the horrors that came out of that cast iron pipe flooding into
the kitchen when I broke it open. Stuff from nightmares.

Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...

<K_zjL.3273$iU59.224@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237490&group=rec.food.cooking#237490

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: Han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 04:59:22 GMT
 by: Hank Rogers - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 04:59 UTC

Michael Trew <michael.trew@att.net> wrote:
> On 12/5/2022 2:16, Sqwertz wrote:
>> My project for the first half of December was to reseat the toilet
>> in the floor in one of the upstairs bathrooms and replace the tank
>> to bowl gasket. What the hell,. just buy EVERYTHING.
>>
>> I was told the whole subfloor of that bathroom was probably
>> trashed. It would need replaced due to a "small" flood in there
>> 30 or so years ago (As much water as the faulty toilet fill valve
>> could pump out of the wall in 28 hours).
>
> No fun.
>
>> I can beg borrow steal a circular saw from somebody probably.
>> I'll probably have to. Especially for over that air duct.
>>
>> I'll be here all day tomorrow if you want to stop by with your
>> tools!
>
> I've got 4 mostly functional circular saws, if only you lived in Ohio.
>
> Best of luck with your project. I had to cut out all of the cast iron
> from my commode down to the cellar, which went through the brick wall in
> the kitchen. It was not a fun ordeal, at all... especially considering
> that the old cast iron was plugged up when I bought the house. I can't
> speak of the horrors that came out of that cast iron pipe flooding into
> the kitchen when I broke it open. Stuff from nightmares.

You should have invited the master for this event!

Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...

<2b6f12b5-324f-4345-aa82-9d5e2c3cf291n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237683&group=rec.food.cooking#237683

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 01:43:38 -0800 (PST)
From: canope...@gmail.com (Thomas)
 by: Thomas - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 09:43 UTC

On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 11:59:28 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Michael Trew <michae...@att.net> wrote:
> > On 12/5/2022 2:16, Sqwertz wrote:
> >> My project for the first half of December was to reseat the toilet
> >> in the floor in one of the upstairs bathrooms and replace the tank
> >> to bowl gasket. What the hell,. just buy EVERYTHING.
> >>
> >> I was told the whole subfloor of that bathroom was probably
> >> trashed. It would need replaced due to a "small" flood in there
> >> 30 or so years ago (As much water as the faulty toilet fill valve
> >> could pump out of the wall in 28 hours).
> >
> > No fun.
> >
> >> I can beg borrow steal a circular saw from somebody probably.
> >> I'll probably have to. Especially for over that air duct.
> >>
> >> I'll be here all day tomorrow if you want to stop by with your
> >> tools!
> >
> > I've got 4 mostly functional circular saws, if only you lived in Ohio.
> >
> > Best of luck with your project. I had to cut out all of the cast iron
> > from my commode down to the cellar, which went through the brick wall in
> > the kitchen. It was not a fun ordeal, at all... especially considering
> > that the old cast iron was plugged up when I bought the house. I can't
> > speak of the horrors that came out of that cast iron pipe flooding into
> > the kitchen when I broke it open. Stuff from nightmares.
> >
> You should have invited the master for this event!
Need an update asap. My coffee is no fun right now.

Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...

<5qp3bbt9kvdz.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237899&group=rec.food.cooking#237899

From: sqwert...@gmail.invalid (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 12:55:11 -0600
 by: Sqwertz - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 18:55 UTC

On Mon, 05 Dec 2022 23:21:52 -0500, Michael Trew wrote:

> On 12/5/2022 2:16, Sqwertz wrote:
>> My project for the first half of December was to reseat the toilet
>> in the floor in one of the upstairs bathrooms and replace the tank
>> to bowl gasket. What the hell,. just buy EVERYTHING.
>>
>> I was told the whole subfloor of that bathroom was probably
>> trashed. It would need replaced due to a "small" flood in there
>> 30 or so years ago (As much water as the faulty toilet fill valve
>> could pump out of the wall in 28 hours).
>
> No fun.
>
>> I can beg borrow steal a circular saw from somebody probably.
>> I'll probably have to. Especially for over that air duct.
>>
>> I'll be here all day tomorrow if you want to stop by with your
>> tools!
>
> I've got 4 mostly functional circular saws, if only you lived in Ohio.
>
> Best of luck with your project. I had to cut out all of the cast iron
> from my commode down to the cellar, which went through the brick wall in
> the kitchen. It was not a fun ordeal, at all... especially considering
> that the old cast iron was plugged up when I bought the house. I can't
> speak of the horrors that came out of that cast iron pipe flooding into
> the kitchen when I broke it open. Stuff from nightmares.

I'm just finding out now that these fuckers used construction glue
on the joists to secure the 3/4" sheathing. That might be why
they didn't give a fuck if the nails went through the sheathing to
the joists or missed by as much as 1/2" on BOTH sides.

I guess that part of their solution for cheaping out on using 24"
OC joists. And I do have 2 squeaky spots in the floor upstairs.

Here's a half-assed hole I cut out to look around showing the
[last of] the shitter flange, the hole in the sheetrock underneath
and the joist style.

https://i.postimg.cc/GpNnJL0L/Subfoor-hole.jpg

Just before that nearest lip of the hole by the flange is a joist
and I cant get that last 1-2" of rotten plywood off that joist
(it's a seam in the sheathing). Then I still have another foot of
flooring in back of that from another sheet I need to take up,
too.

How do bring up glued plywood from 2x4's? Of course the 2x4's are
face up; the wide 3,75" edge not the 1.75" edge.

Doesn't more than half the Home Repair Usenet Group hang out here?
Or you all like the John Kuthe's and Bruce's of that forum? Or all
you all like the Bruce's and John's of those forums? (a little
sugar coating can't hurt, eh?)

ObFood: A 10-lb bag's worth of chicken and dumplings. Still under
$5.00/bag for 10lbs of chicken.

https://i.postimg.cc/XJG3TZKB/10lb-Bag-of-Chciken-and-Dumplings.jpg

-sw

Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...

<jveqv5Fi81nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237901&group=rec.food.cooking#237901

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 06:07:07 +1100
 by: Bruce - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 19:07 UTC

On Thu, 8 Dec 2022 12:55:11 -0600, Sqwertz <sqwertzme@gmail.invalid>
wrote:

>I'm just finding out now that these fuckers used construction glue
>on the joists to secure the 3/4" sheathing. That might be why
>they didn't give a fuck if the nails went through the sheathing to
>the joists or missed by as much as 1/2" on BOTH sides.
>
>I guess that part of their solution for cheaping out on using 24"
>OC joists. And I do have 2 squeaky spots in the floor upstairs.
>
>Here's a half-assed hole I cut out to look around showing the
>[last of] the shitter flange, the hole in the sheetrock underneath
>and the joist style.
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/GpNnJL0L/Subfoor-hole.jpg
>
>Just before that nearest lip of the hole by the flange is a joist
>and I cant get that last 1-2" of rotten plywood off that joist
>(it's a seam in the sheathing). Then I still have another foot of
>flooring in back of that from another sheet I need to take up,
>too.
>
>How do bring up glued plywood from 2x4's? Of course the 2x4's are
>face up; the wide 3,75" edge not the 1.75" edge.
>
>Doesn't more than half the Home Repair Usenet Group hang out here?
>Or you all like the John Kuthe's and Bruce's of that forum? Or all
>you all like the Bruce's and John's of those forums? (a little
>sugar coating can't hurt, eh?)

You were going for the most boring post of the year, right? Admit it.
You're going for the Dave Smith Award.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...

<RtrkL.932$ZnFc.3@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237910&group=rec.food.cooking#237910

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 20:07:13 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 20:07 UTC

On 2022-12-08, Sqwertz <sqwertzme@gmail.invalid> wrote:

> I'm just finding out now that these fuckers used construction glue
> on the joists to secure the 3/4" sheathing. That might be why
> they didn't give a fuck if the nails went through the sheathing to
> the joists or missed by as much as 1/2" on BOTH sides.

People who really want to do a good job use glue and screws.
Of course, they also make sure the screws go into the joists.

> Doesn't more than half the Home Repair Usenet Group hang out here?

Be thankful it doesn't. It would be like having another dozen
Greg Morrows. They spend most of their time arguing about politics.

Of course, you could go there yourself and seek advice.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...

<c8a88463-e1f3-4419-94d8-099d900336fan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237912&group=rec.food.cooking#237912

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 12:17:09 -0800 (PST)
From: canope...@gmail.com (Thomas)
 by: Thomas - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 20:17 UTC

On Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 2:07:24 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2022 12:55:11 -0600, Sqwertz <sqwe...@gmail.invalid>
> wrote:
> >I'm just finding out now that these fuckers used construction glue
> >on the joists to secure the 3/4" sheathing. That might be why
> >they didn't give a fuck if the nails went through the sheathing to
> >the joists or missed by as much as 1/2" on BOTH sides.
> >
> >I guess that part of their solution for cheaping out on using 24"
> >OC joists. And I do have 2 squeaky spots in the floor upstairs.
> >
> >Here's a half-assed hole I cut out to look around showing the
> >[last of] the shitter flange, the hole in the sheetrock underneath
> >and the joist style.
> >
> >https://i.postimg.cc/GpNnJL0L/Subfoor-hole.jpg
> >
> >Just before that nearest lip of the hole by the flange is a joist
> >and I cant get that last 1-2" of rotten plywood off that joist
> >(it's a seam in the sheathing). Then I still have another foot of
> >flooring in back of that from another sheet I need to take up,
> >too.
> >
> >How do bring up glued plywood from 2x4's? Of course the 2x4's are
> >face up; the wide 3,75" edge not the 1.75" edge.
> >
> >Doesn't more than half the Home Repair Usenet Group hang out here?
> >Or you all like the John Kuthe's and Bruce's of that forum? Or all
> >you all like the Bruce's and John's of those forums? (a little
> >sugar coating can't hurt, eh?)
> You were going for the most boring post of the year, right? Admit it.
> You're going for the Dave Smith Award.
>
> --
> Bruce
> <https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>
What is downstairs?
Going bigger up there may be a better choice. It is going to start getting expensive.
What runs under the 2x4s holding up the floor?
If it were me I would look at my wife and say "we are fucked".

Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...

<LrskL.17678$iU59.2224@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237923&group=rec.food.cooking#237923

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 15:13:08 -0600
 by: Hank Rogers - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 21:13 UTC

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2022-12-08, Sqwertz <sqwertzme@gmail.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> I'm just finding out now that these fuckers used construction glue
>> on the joists to secure the 3/4" sheathing. That might be why
>> they didn't give a fuck if the nails went through the sheathing to
>> the joists or missed by as much as 1/2" on BOTH sides.
>
> People who really want to do a good job use glue and screws.
> Of course, they also make sure the screws go into the joists.
>
>> Doesn't more than half the Home Repair Usenet Group hang out here?
>
> Be thankful it doesn't. It would be like having another dozen
> Greg Morrows. They spend most of their time arguing about politics.
>
> Of course, you could go there yourself and seek advice.

Or, better yet, he could simply hang his ass out the window when he
needs to shit. Would be no worse than throwing garbage out the window.

Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...

<8uykL.656$0dpc.1@fx33.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237985&group=rec.food.cooking#237985

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 23:05:30 -0500
 by: Michael Trew - Fri, 9 Dec 2022 04:05 UTC

On 12/8/2022 13:55, Sqwertz wrote:

> ...used construction glue
> on the joists to secure the 3/4" sheathing.
>
> How do bring up glued plywood from 2x4's? Of course the 2x4's are
> face up; the wide 3,75" edge not the 1.75" edge.

The guy I used to work for slathered PL construction adhesive (way
stronger than liquid nails) on the studs that the sub-floor affixes to.
I was told this prevents squeaking (obviously not so in your case).
Fortunately, I never had to pull any of that up. My guess would be with
a hammer and chisel. Have fun!

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: OK, all you hotshot hom repsir DIYers...