From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Fried Mozzarella Cheese (snack)
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 14:27:08 -0500
 by: jmcquown - Sat, 10 Dec 2022 19:27 UTC

I had some fresh sliced mozzarella in the fridge so I decided to make a
hot cheese snack. I winged it based on breaded mozzarella sticks I've
had in restaurants in years past.

Dredged the rounds of sliced mozz in flour seasoned with S&P. Dipped
into an egg wash and then dredged in dried breadcrumbs seasoned with
Italian seasoning and a little garlic powder. The slices went into a
hot skillet in a little hot olive oil, just enough to cook them quickly
until golden brown on each side. This is not deep frying. They turned
out nice and crispy outside, hot and melty inside. I heated up a small
souffle cup with marinara sauce for dipping. A nice filling snack on a
chilly afternoon. :)

Jill

Re: Fried Mozzarella Cheese (snack)

<TN9lL.47453$iS99.11823@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=238416&group=rec.food.cooking#238416

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Fried Mozzarella Cheese (snack)
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 19:49:00 -0500
 by: Michael Trew - Sun, 11 Dec 2022 00:49 UTC

On 12/10/2022 14:27, jmcquown wrote:
> I had some fresh sliced mozzarella in the fridge so I decided to make a
> hot cheese snack.

*Hot* cheese snack? Are you trying to one-up John?? ;)

> Dredged the rounds of sliced mozz in flour seasoned with S&P. Dipped
> into an egg wash and then dredged in dried breadcrumbs seasoned with
> Italian seasoning and a little garlic powder. The slices went into a hot
> skillet in a little hot olive oil, just enough to cook them quickly
> until golden brown on each side. This is not deep frying. They turned
> out nice and crispy outside, hot and melty inside. I heated up a small
> souffle cup with marinara sauce for dipping. A nice filling snack on a
> chilly afternoon. :)
>
> Jill

Yum, sounds great! I wish you saved me a couple of pieces.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Fried Mozzarella Cheese (snack)