From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Garage door opener clicker stopped working
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 06:58:46 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 05:58 UTC

What is the process of getting a garage door opener clicker to work again?

I had been using the "Clicker" brand hand held three button garage door
opener clicker for years when it recently stopped working.
It's gray with 3 blue buttons, FCC ID MJN321, frequency 300, 310 & 390 MHz.

I replaced the two CR2025 batteries but it doesn't open the door.

The single red LED flashes once with the left button held down, stays red
with the middle button held down, and flashes once with the right button.

The middle button was the one that I was using on the hand-held clicker.

The garage door opener has a sticker on the outside saying Stanley Deluxe
1/2 HP, model 3205, 120V, 60Hz, single phase, 7.0 Amp, 1/2 HP motor, add
load 202VA, operating rate 25 ft lb/sec.

There are three things sticking out the bottom, one of which is a short six
inches or so antenna, and another is a one-inch diameter black adjustment
knob of some sort, and then two 3/8ths inch additional adjustment knobs, one
black and the other white (I've never touched them).

Climbing on a ladder & removing that yellow cover reveals a red 10-pin
static dip switch whose circuit board has a sticker that says Stanley FCC ID
A9K9KG RCOMBO model 3045-01, frequency 310 8845.

The garage door opener works fine from the wall switch.
I was given this garage door opener clicker when I bought the house years
ago so it wasn't me who set it up in the first place.

Does it normally need to be retrained when the batteries are replaced?
Do you have advice as to what the typical retraining procedure might be?

I just want the clicker to work again.

Re: Garage door opener clicker stopped working

<e3e2cd95-8ab8-4c77-becb-31215a4b22e5n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23839&group=alt.home.repair#23839

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 04:37:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Garage door opener clicker stopped working
From: deanh6...@gmail.com (Dean Hoffman)
 by: Dean Hoffman - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 11:37 UTC

On Tuesday, April 26, 2022 at 12:58:35 AM UTC-5, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
> What is the process of getting a garage door opener clicker to work again?
>
> I had been using the "Clicker" brand hand held three button garage door
> opener clicker for years when it recently stopped working.
> It's gray with 3 blue buttons, FCC ID MJN321, frequency 300, 310 & 390 MHz.
>
> I replaced the two CR2025 batteries but it doesn't open the door.
>
> The single red LED flashes once with the left button held down, stays red
> with the middle button held down, and flashes once with the right button.
>
> The middle button was the one that I was using on the hand-held clicker.
>
> The garage door opener has a sticker on the outside saying Stanley Deluxe
> 1/2 HP, model 3205, 120V, 60Hz, single phase, 7.0 Amp, 1/2 HP motor, add
> load 202VA, operating rate 25 ft lb/sec.
>
> There are three things sticking out the bottom, one of which is a short six
> inches or so antenna, and another is a one-inch diameter black adjustment
> knob of some sort, and then two 3/8ths inch additional adjustment knobs, one
> black and the other white (I've never touched them).
>
> Climbing on a ladder & removing that yellow cover reveals a red 10-pin
> static dip switch whose circuit board has a sticker that says Stanley FCC ID
> A9K9KG RCOMBO model 3045-01, frequency 310 8845.
>
> The garage door opener works fine from the wall switch.
> I was given this garage door opener clicker when I bought the house years
> ago so it wasn't me who set it up in the first place.
>
> Does it normally need to be retrained when the batteries are replaced?
> Do you have advice as to what the typical retraining procedure might be?
>
> I just want the clicker to work again.

<https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=Clicker+FCC+ID+MJN321+reset&ia=web>
<https://duckduckgo.com/?q=clicker+garage+door+opener+reset&t=ffab&ia=web>

Re: Garage door opener clicker stopped working

<t4999j$mmu$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23872&group=alt.home.repair#23872

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 18:14:44 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 17:14 UTC

On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 at 12:37:06, Dean Hoffman <deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote:
(my responses usually follow points raised):
> <https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=Clicker+FCC+ID+MJN321+reset&ia=web>
> <https://duckduckgo.com/?q=clicker+garage+door+opener+reset&t=ffab&ia=web>

The problem was the code was the opposite of what it said.
And the buttons had to be pressed and NOT let up.

I typed this procedure to tape on the top of the unit.
The procedure is wrong in the documentation.
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/877268/Clicker-321.html

This is the correct procedure (or at least the one that worked).
You observe the number side labeled 1 thru 10; not on side labeled OPEN.
The definition of "DOWN" is the position of height where a pen pushes it in.
If the pen pushed one side in, that side is DOWN; the other side is UP.
There is a hump which is the UP side; a shallow depression is the DOWN side.

Clicker switch left button is S1, middle button is S2, right button is S3
oriented with the keychain opening toward you and with the three buttons
the furthest away from you facing up so that the red led light can be seen.

Simultaneously press & hold (and keep holding) S1 & S3 until the LED blinks
and eventually stops blinking (in about 13 seconds when I did it).
Only when it stops do you let up on the button (contrary to instructions).
You have only fifteen seconds to initiate the next step.
Press and hold the desired S# button until LED blinks once
(this took about 5 seconds when I did it).
At that blink, let up on the button (contrary to instructions).
You have only fifteen seconds to initiate the next step.
Press once each S1 or S3 button to enter the desired code in sequence.
For example: S3 S3 S3 S3 S3 S1 S1 S1 S1 S1
Immediately upon that final press the LED will blink once.
The desired button is now programmed.