Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in. -- Henry David Thoreau

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood filler

SubjectAuthor
* Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood fillerJohn Robertson
+- Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood fillertrader_4
+* Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood fillerhubops
|`* Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood fillertrader_4
| `- Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood fillerhubops
+- Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood fillerMarilyn Manson
+* Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood fillerBob F
|`* Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood fillerMarilyn Manson
| +- Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood fillerScott Lurndal
| +* Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood fillerEd Pawlowski
| |`- Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood fillerMarilyn Manson
| `* Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood fillerBob F
|  `- Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood fillerMarilyn Manson
`- Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood fillerJim Joyce

1
Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood filler

<t4bs4o$1q00g$1@news.mixmin.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23926&group=alt.home.repair#23926

From: spa...@flippers.com (John Robertson)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood filler
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 10:48:42 -0600
 by: John Robertson - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 16:48 UTC

I know everyone will say to just get a bigger ladder, but it would be easier
(and cheaper) if I could just find a way to apply any kind of sealant (foam
will do) into a 3-inch wide by about 1-1/2 inches deep hole that the birds
keep making in the wood board just below the tile roof above the balcony.

The problem is the balcony and the overhang conspire to negate the use of
anything but a forty foot ladder (which I don't own, as mine is only 32 feet
which is far too short) or a scaffold. Due to the overhang, even a step
ladder (which I do own) won't work. Anyway, I'm not asking about a ladder.

All I want to do is stand on the balcony and apply the sealant into the 3
inch wide holes the birds are making and yes I know I should replace the
wood but that has the same problem of the 40-foot ladder and I want to keep
costs to a minimum.

Do they sell a ten foot long "wand" that can apply some kind of sealant that
will seal up a hole that the birds keep making?
John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

Re: Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood filler

<84d89c2c-950e-44d5-a31a-9867003b96bdn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23928&group=alt.home.repair#23928

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 10:01:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: trad...@optonline.net (trader_4)
 by: trader_4 - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 17:01 UTC

On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 12:48:31 PM UTC-4, John Robertson wrote:
> I know everyone will say to just get a bigger ladder, but it would be easier
> (and cheaper) if I could just find a way to apply any kind of sealant (foam
> will do) into a 3-inch wide by about 1-1/2 inches deep hole that the birds
> keep making in the wood board just below the tile roof above the balcony.
>
> The problem is the balcony and the overhang conspire to negate the use of
> anything but a forty foot ladder (which I don't own, as mine is only 32 feet
> which is far too short) or a scaffold. Due to the overhang, even a step
> ladder (which I do own) won't work. Anyway, I'm not asking about a ladder.
>
> All I want to do is stand on the balcony and apply the sealant into the 3
> inch wide holes the birds are making and yes I know I should replace the
> wood but that has the same problem of the 40-foot ladder and I want to keep
> costs to a minimum.
>
> Do they sell a ten foot long "wand" that can apply some kind of sealant that
> will seal up a hole that the birds keep making?
> --
> (Please post followups or tech inquiries to the USENET newsgroup)
> John's Jukes Ltd.
> MOVED to #7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
> (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
> www.flippers.com
> "Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."

Does it have to be spray foam? How about using a length of wood with
a balled up rag soaked in fiberglass resin or similar on the end that you could
position into the hole and let it set up? Could maybe try the procedure with just
a wet rag first, to figure it out, see that it looks possible. This would
have the advantage that if you can't get it right, you may be able to bail on it.
Foam, IDK, if aesthetics matter, seems more unpredictable to me and that's
if you can figure out some way to do it. I guess if you have a true applicator
for that intended purpose, it would be controllable, but I doubt you will find
anything that long.

Re: Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood filler

<l6ui6hh9sidt45ggf9j5krrq2vqk1iu1kf@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23930&group=alt.home.repair#23930

From: hub...@ccanoemail.ca
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 13:10:46 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.ca - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 17:10 UTC

On Wed, 27 Apr 2022 10:48:42 -0600, John Robertson <spam@flippers.com>
wrote:

>I know everyone will say to just get a bigger ladder, but it would be easier
>(and cheaper) if I could just find a way to apply any kind of sealant (foam
>will do) into a 3-inch wide by about 1-1/2 inches deep hole that the birds
>keep making in the wood board just below the tile roof above the balcony.
>
>The problem is the balcony and the overhang conspire to negate the use of
>anything but a forty foot ladder (which I don't own, as mine is only 32 feet
>which is far too short) or a scaffold. Due to the overhang, even a step
>ladder (which I do own) won't work. Anyway, I'm not asking about a ladder.
>
>All I want to do is stand on the balcony and apply the sealant into the 3
>inch wide holes the birds are making and yes I know I should replace the
>wood but that has the same problem of the 40-foot ladder and I want to keep
>costs to a minimum.
>
>Do they sell a ten foot long "wand" that can apply some kind of sealant that
>will seal up a hole that the birds keep making?

Lots are available from a simple google search -
here's just one example :

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/garden/pest-control/insects/68999-spray-can-pole-adapter?item=EM236

John T.

Re: Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood filler

<0d25b38e-52a1-45ee-a79e-b0a3bcaebcadn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23932&group=alt.home.repair#23932

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 10:35:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 17:35 UTC

On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 12:48:31 PM UTC-4, John Robertson wrote:
> I know everyone will say to just get a bigger ladder, but it would be easier
> (and cheaper) if I could just find a way to apply any kind of sealant (foam
> will do) into a 3-inch wide by about 1-1/2 inches deep hole that the birds
> keep making in the wood board just below the tile roof above the balcony.
>
> The problem is the balcony and the overhang conspire to negate the use of
> anything but a forty foot ladder (which I don't own, as mine is only 32 feet
> which is far too short) or a scaffold. Due to the overhang, even a step
> ladder (which I do own) won't work. Anyway, I'm not asking about a ladder.
>
> All I want to do is stand on the balcony and apply the sealant into the 3
> inch wide holes the birds are making and yes I know I should replace the
> wood but that has the same problem of the 40-foot ladder and I want to keep
> costs to a minimum.
>
> Do they sell a ten foot long "wand" that can apply some kind of sealant that
> will seal up a hole that the birds keep making?

"...that the birds *keep* making"?

That seems to imply that you have managed to seal it up, at least temporarily,
on multiple occasions. What have you tried that keeps failing?

And is it "holes" or "a hole". Just curious, since you've used both terms.

If the hole(s) go through the wall such that the birds can enter, how will you
provide a backing for any type of sealant? Won't the e.g. spray foam just go
into the hole(s) and behind the wood?

How about rigging up a way to hang this from the overhang in front of the
hole(s)? Form and function. ;-)

https://i.imgur.com/b0VoHuM.jpg

My other thought would be to cover the hole(s) with some screening or wire
mesh, affixed to the wall. I can explain a *possible* method for accomplishing
that, but only if you think it's a viable option.

Epoxy, long poles, flat boards, wax paper, etc. Could be tricky.

Re: Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood filler

<t4c03t$bie$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23936&group=alt.home.repair#23936

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 10:56:41 -0700
 by: Bob F - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 17:56 UTC

On 4/27/2022 9:48 AM, John Robertson wrote:
> I know everyone will say to just get a bigger ladder, but it would be
> easier (and cheaper) if I could just find a way to apply any kind of
> sealant (foam will do) into a 3-inch wide by about 1-1/2 inches deep
> hole that the birds keep making in the wood board just below the tile
> roof above the balcony.
>
> The problem is the balcony and the overhang conspire to negate the use
> of anything but a forty foot ladder (which I don't own, as mine is only
> 32 feet which is far too short) or a scaffold. Due to the overhang, even
> a step ladder (which I do own) won't work. Anyway, I'm not asking about
> a ladder.
>
> All I want to do is stand on the balcony and apply the sealant into the
> 3 inch wide holes the birds are making and yes I know I should replace
> the wood but that has the same problem of the 40-foot ladder and I want
> to keep costs to a minimum.
>
> Do they sell a ten foot long "wand" that can apply some kind of sealant
> that will seal up a hole that the birds keep making?

If the birds can punch a hole through wood, how is "foam" anything going
to slow them down?

Just nail a can lid or something over the holes.

Re: Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood filler

<e331a4c9-5176-4786-ad26-e54dd7d29fbcn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23937&group=alt.home.repair#23937

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 11:05:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 18:05 UTC

On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 1:56:19 PM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
> On 4/27/2022 9:48 AM, John Robertson wrote:
> > I know everyone will say to just get a bigger ladder, but it would be
> > easier (and cheaper) if I could just find a way to apply any kind of
> > sealant (foam will do) into a 3-inch wide by about 1-1/2 inches deep
> > hole that the birds keep making in the wood board just below the tile
> > roof above the balcony.
> >
> > The problem is the balcony and the overhang conspire to negate the use
> > of anything but a forty foot ladder (which I don't own, as mine is only
> > 32 feet which is far too short) or a scaffold. Due to the overhang, even
> > a step ladder (which I do own) won't work. Anyway, I'm not asking about
> > a ladder.
> >
> > All I want to do is stand on the balcony and apply the sealant into the
> > 3 inch wide holes the birds are making and yes I know I should replace
> > the wood but that has the same problem of the 40-foot ladder and I want
> > to keep costs to a minimum.
> >
> > Do they sell a ten foot long "wand" that can apply some kind of sealant
> > that will seal up a hole that the birds keep making?
> If the birds can punch a hole through wood, how is "foam" anything going
> to slow them down?
>
> Just nail a can lid or something over the holes.

Did you miss the whole "forty foot ladder" issue? Should he use a hammer
with a 10' handle? ;-)

Re: Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood filler

<2a709958-8aa0-4b98-b705-cd845c48b740n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23940&group=alt.home.repair#23940

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 11:46:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: trad...@optonline.net (trader_4)
 by: trader_4 - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 18:46 UTC

On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 1:07:56 PM UTC-4, hub...@ccanoemail.ca wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2022 10:48:42 -0600, John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com>
> wrote:
> >I know everyone will say to just get a bigger ladder, but it would be easier
> >(and cheaper) if I could just find a way to apply any kind of sealant (foam
> >will do) into a 3-inch wide by about 1-1/2 inches deep hole that the birds
> >keep making in the wood board just below the tile roof above the balcony.
> >
> >The problem is the balcony and the overhang conspire to negate the use of
> >anything but a forty foot ladder (which I don't own, as mine is only 32 feet
> >which is far too short) or a scaffold. Due to the overhang, even a step
> >ladder (which I do own) won't work. Anyway, I'm not asking about a ladder.
> >
> >All I want to do is stand on the balcony and apply the sealant into the 3
> >inch wide holes the birds are making and yes I know I should replace the
> >wood but that has the same problem of the 40-foot ladder and I want to keep
> >costs to a minimum.
> >
> >Do they sell a ten foot long "wand" that can apply some kind of sealant that
> >will seal up a hole that the birds keep making?
> Lots are available from a simple google search -
> here's just one example :
>
> https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/garden/pest-control/insects/68999-spray-can-pole-adapter?item=EM236
>
> John T.

Good job, so they do exist.

Re: Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood filler

<g74j6hdemfd0cahq74p12ttequqckbvdg4@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23941&group=alt.home.repair#23941

From: hub...@ccanoemail.ca
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 14:55:19 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.ca - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 18:55 UTC

>>>Do they sell a ten foot long "wand" that can apply some kind of sealant that
>>>will seal up a hole that the birds keep making?
>>
>> Lots are available from a simple google search -
>> here's just one example :
>> https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/garden/pest-control/insects/68999-spray-can-pole-adapter?item=EM236
>> John T.
>
>Good job, so they do exist.

https://tinyurl.com/4mn79sdt

John T.

Re: Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood filler

<hwgaK.144436$Kdf.53806@fx96.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23943&group=alt.home.repair#23943

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 19:07:57 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 19:07 UTC

Marilyn Manson <comawhiteknuckles@gmail.com> writes:
>On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 1:56:19 PM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
>> On 4/27/2022 9:48 AM, John Robertson wrote:
>> > I know everyone will say to just get a bigger ladder, but it would be
>> > easier (and cheaper) if I could just find a way to apply any kind of
>> > sealant (foam will do) into a 3-inch wide by about 1-1/2 inches deep
>> > hole that the birds keep making in the wood board just below the tile
>> > roof above the balcony.
>> >
>> > The problem is the balcony and the overhang conspire to negate the use
>> > of anything but a forty foot ladder (which I don't own, as mine is only
>> > 32 feet which is far too short) or a scaffold. Due to the overhang, even
>> > a step ladder (which I do own) won't work. Anyway, I'm not asking about
>> > a ladder.
>> >
>> > All I want to do is stand on the balcony and apply the sealant into the
>> > 3 inch wide holes the birds are making and yes I know I should replace
>> > the wood but that has the same problem of the 40-foot ladder and I want
>> > to keep costs to a minimum.
>> >
>> > Do they sell a ten foot long "wand" that can apply some kind of sealant
>> > that will seal up a hole that the birds keep making?
>> If the birds can punch a hole through wood, how is "foam" anything going
>> to slow them down?
>>
>> Just nail a can lid or something over the holes.
>
>Did you miss the whole "forty foot ladder" issue? Should he use a hammer
>with a 10' handle? ;-)

Actually, the "forty foot ladder" makes me wonder what type
of four+ story (storey in canada?) building John is working on,
and whether it is feasible work from above rather than below.

Re: Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood filler

<q95j6hl2tapfdup4hsr4pmebbq6fumq7e6@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23944&group=alt.home.repair#23944

From: non...@none.invalid (Jim Joyce)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 14:14:31 -0500
 by: Jim Joyce - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 19:14 UTC

wrote:

>I know everyone will say to just get a bigger ladder, but it would be easier
>(and cheaper) if I could just find a way to apply any kind of sealant (foam
>will do) into a 3-inch wide by about 1-1/2 inches deep hole that the birds
>keep making in the wood board just below the tile roof above the balcony.

You don't own a 40' ladder and don't want to buy one that you'll
probably only ever use this one time. I'm with you so far.

So what about renting the equipment you need to do the job right? One
and done is usually the best way to go. Rent a ladder, scaffolding, or a
cherry picker bucket truck and get up there to replace the failed wood
board. Your foam approach isn't likely to last long, if at all.

Re: Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood filler

<%7iaK.4460$E3G.2087@fx06.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23945&group=alt.home.repair#23945

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 16:58:35 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 20:58 UTC

On 4/27/2022 2:05 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 1:56:19 PM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
>> On 4/27/2022 9:48 AM, John Robertson wrote:
>>> I know everyone will say to just get a bigger ladder, but it would be
>>> easier (and cheaper) if I could just find a way to apply any kind of
>>> sealant (foam will do) into a 3-inch wide by about 1-1/2 inches deep
>>> hole that the birds keep making in the wood board just below the tile
>>> roof above the balcony.
>>>
>>> The problem is the balcony and the overhang conspire to negate the use
>>> of anything but a forty foot ladder (which I don't own, as mine is only
>>> 32 feet which is far too short) or a scaffold. Due to the overhang, even
>>> a step ladder (which I do own) won't work. Anyway, I'm not asking about
>>> a ladder.
>>>
>>> All I want to do is stand on the balcony and apply the sealant into the
>>> 3 inch wide holes the birds are making and yes I know I should replace
>>> the wood but that has the same problem of the 40-foot ladder and I want
>>> to keep costs to a minimum.
>>>
>>> Do they sell a ten foot long "wand" that can apply some kind of sealant
>>> that will seal up a hole that the birds keep making?
>> If the birds can punch a hole through wood, how is "foam" anything going
>> to slow them down?
>>
>> Just nail a can lid or something over the holes.
>
> Did you miss the whole "forty foot ladder" issue? Should he use a hammer
> with a 10' handle? ;-)

Sure, and I have a 10' pair of pliers to hold it in place to start it.
I'll lend them to him.

Re: Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood filler

<cce3c55a-fe5d-4103-955a-6c9ef52374ccn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23946&group=alt.home.repair#23946

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 14:59:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 21:59 UTC

On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 4:58:41 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 4/27/2022 2:05 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:

> >> If the birds can punch a hole through wood, how is "foam" anything going
> >> to slow them down?
> >>
> >> Just nail a can lid or something over the holes.
> >
> > Did you miss the whole "forty foot ladder" issue? Should he use a hammer
> > with a 10' handle? ;-)
> Sure, and I have a 10' pair of pliers to hold it in place to start it.
> I'll lend them to him.

Not required...

https://www.jaxgoods.com/tekton/jacketed-fiberglass-magnetic-h-3047301

Re: Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood filler

<t4cnhr$t4g$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23950&group=alt.home.repair#23950

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 17:36:37 -0700
 by: Bob F - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 00:36 UTC

On 4/27/2022 11:05 AM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 1:56:19 PM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
>> On 4/27/2022 9:48 AM, John Robertson wrote:
>>> I know everyone will say to just get a bigger ladder, but it would be
>>> easier (and cheaper) if I could just find a way to apply any kind of
>>> sealant (foam will do) into a 3-inch wide by about 1-1/2 inches deep
>>> hole that the birds keep making in the wood board just below the tile
>>> roof above the balcony.
>>>
>>> The problem is the balcony and the overhang conspire to negate the use
>>> of anything but a forty foot ladder (which I don't own, as mine is only
>>> 32 feet which is far too short) or a scaffold. Due to the overhang, even
>>> a step ladder (which I do own) won't work. Anyway, I'm not asking about
>>> a ladder.
>>>
>>> All I want to do is stand on the balcony and apply the sealant into the
>>> 3 inch wide holes the birds are making and yes I know I should replace
>>> the wood but that has the same problem of the 40-foot ladder and I want
>>> to keep costs to a minimum.
>>>
>>> Do they sell a ten foot long "wand" that can apply some kind of sealant
>>> that will seal up a hole that the birds keep making?
>> If the birds can punch a hole through wood, how is "foam" anything going
>> to slow them down?
>>
>> Just nail a can lid or something over the holes.
>
> Did you miss the whole "forty foot ladder" issue? Should he use a hammer
> with a 10' handle? ;-)

No, I did not miss that. But foam is not a solution to the problem. If a
ladder is needed to fix it, he should borrow or rent one, Or hire
someone with the equipment to do the job right. 40' is a long way for
anyone not very sure of themselves on a ladder.

The can lid is quick fix which discourages the birds until it can be
fixed properly, so still not "right", but has discouraged flickers from
further damage to my house.

Re: Ten foot long want to spray some kind of wood filler

<c1264f32-44a5-47ef-b0c2-9a66b6ba6586n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=23953&group=alt.home.repair#23953

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 17:55:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 00:55 UTC

On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 8:36:17 PM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
> On 4/27/2022 11:05 AM, Marilyn Manson wrote:

> >> If the birds can punch a hole through wood, how is "foam" anything going
> >> to slow them down?
> >>
> >> Just nail a can lid or something over the holes.
> >
> > Did you miss the whole "forty foot ladder" issue? Should he use a hammer
> > with a 10' handle? ;-)
> No, I did not miss that. But foam is not a solution to the problem.

Which I noted in my first response.

> If a
> ladder is needed to fix it, he should borrow or rent one, Or hire
> someone with the equipment to do the job right. 40' is a long way for
> anyone not very sure of themselves on a ladder.
>
> The can lid is quick fix which discourages the birds until it can be
> fixed properly, so still not "right", but has discouraged flickers from
> further damage to my house.

Or is it lids? He said "hole" but he also said "holes". Still waiting on an
answer to that question. "Holes" may mean "lids" which may mean a
house looking like it has a case of the shiny measles. ;-)