Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an art. -- Charles McCabe

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: "Fish Out of Water" 🐟

SubjectAuthor
* Re: "Fish Out of Water" 🐟Thomas
`* Re: "Fish Out of Water" 🐟Bryan Simmons
 `* Re: "Fish Out of Water" 🐟Bryan Simmons
  +- Re: "Fish Out of Water" 🐟dsi1
  `- Re: "Fish Out of Water" 🐟Hank Rogers

1
Re: "Fish Out of Water" 🐟

<f6f14e14-c109-4529-8278-b5bb8e256d79n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=239780&group=rec.food.cooking#239780

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 14:23:23 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: "Fish Out of Water" 🐟
From: canope...@gmail.com (Thomas)
 by: Thomas - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 22:23 UTC

On Friday, December 16, 2022 at 4:52:27 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> [...]
>
> The tank stood inside the glass-roofed atrium of the Radisson hotel, overlooking its cafe and reception counters and bathing the lobby in pale blue light.
>
> Visitors to the adjacent AquaDom & Sea Life Center could visit the aquarium by taking an elevator rising through its center. The AquaDom’s website says the tank was the largest of its kind in the world.
>
> Sandra Weeser, a lawmaker staying at the hotel, told German TV crews that she was sleeping in her room when she heard a loud bang.
>
> “I thought it was an earthquake,” she said. “Then I went back to sleep.”
>
> When she awoke and learned what had taken place just a few meters away, she packed her things and left the hotel, passing the rubble.
>
> “Everything inside was destroyed, dead fish are lying everywhere,” she said.
>
> Other posts shared on social media showed the inside of the hotel lobby with an empty concrete hull where the aquarium had been towering over a mess of overturned furniture and broken glass.
>
> Speaking later at the scene, Berlin Mayor Franziska Giffey described the wave from the exploding tank as “a tsunami that engulfed the hotel and neighboring restaurants.”
>
> While the damage was considerable and might lead to some structures having to be demolished, she said lives could have been lost had the incident happened just a few hours later when the hotel lobby and adjacent streets would have been full of visitors and commuters.
>
> The complex housing the aquarium is also home to an East Germany historical museum. It stands in the former historic center of Berlin, opposite the cathedral, the rebuilt Hohenzollern palace, and Museum Island—all popular tourist attractions.
>
> Both the German Democratic Republic museum, which is located directly underneath the aquarium, and the AquaDom said they would remain closed indefinitely following the incident.
>
> Union Investment, the owner of the building housing the aquarium, said its representatives were working with emergency services to estimate the extent of the damage. It said most of the fish in the tank had died but rescuers were trying to relocate specimens that were in other tanks at the time of the incident.
>
> Police said around 350 people were staying in the hotel at the time of the incident. The hotel guests were evacuated and given shelter in buses that were brought to the scene.
>
> Because of the freezing temperatures, the water that spilled outside the hotel immediately froze, leading Berlin’s waste-management agency to dispatch two specialized trucks to remove the ice.
>
> The AquaDom tank is made of plexiglass and has a diameter of 11.5 meters, according to the operator’s website. The tank contained 1,000 cubic meters of saltwater and had been renovated as recently as 2020, according to the operator. The aquarium contained more than 100 different species of fish..."
Beer batter!!!

(I read it earlier)

Re: "Fish Out of Water" 🐟

<468deeaa-2e04-4dba-842b-043da12cbcbdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=239800&group=rec.food.cooking#239800

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 15:38:57 -0800 (PST)
From: bryangsi...@gmail.com (Bryan Simmons)
 by: Bryan Simmons - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 23:38 UTC

On Friday, December 16, 2022 at 4:23:26 PM UTC-6, Thomas wrote:

> Beer batter!!!

Nope, just Andy's cornmeal fish breading.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Andy-s-Fish-Breading-Red-10-Ounces/16935615
Spinach on the side. We're celebrating. The part came
in, and I repaired the fridge. Thanks, YouTube person
who made the nice video that made it possible to save
hundreds of dollars.

--Bryan

Re: "Fish Out of Water" 🐟

<13dce0a7-6868-4068-9a5b-59fbd8d1a569n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=239802&group=rec.food.cooking#239802

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 15:54:44 -0800 (PST)
From: bryangsi...@gmail.com (Bryan Simmons)
 by: Bryan Simmons - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 23:54 UTC

On Friday, December 16, 2022 at 5:45:46 PM UTC-6, GM wrote:
> On Friday, December 16, 2022 at 5:39:00 PM UTC-6, bryang...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Friday, December 16, 2022 at 4:23:26 PM UTC-6, Thomas wrote:
> > >
> > > Beer batter!!!
> > >
> > Nope, just Andy's cornmeal fish breading.
> > https://www.walmart.com/ip/Andy-s-Fish-Breading-Red-10-Ounces/16935615
> > Spinach on the side. We're celebrating. The part came
> > in, and I repaired the fridge. Thanks, YouTube person
> > who made the nice video that made it possible to save
> > hundreds of dollars.
> >
> The dead "Andy", Bryan...???

No, a different dead Andy.
https://www.andysseasoning.com/about-us/

> --
> GM

--Bryan

Re: "Fish Out of Water" 🐟

<1141f324-256a-40cb-8b08-f3b8f4e86d09n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=239808&group=rec.food.cooking#239808

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 16:24:13 -0800 (PST)
From: dsi...@hawaiiantel.net (dsi1)
 by: dsi1 - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 00:24 UTC

On Friday, December 16, 2022 at 1:54:48 PM UTC-10, bryang...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, December 16, 2022 at 5:45:46 PM UTC-6, GM wrote:

> > > Nope, just Andy's cornmeal fish breading.
> > > https://www.walmart.com/ip/Andy-s-Fish-Breading-Red-10-Ounces/16935615
> > > Spinach on the side. We're celebrating. The part came
> > > in, and I repaired the fridge. Thanks, YouTube person
> > > who made the nice video that made it possible to save
> > > hundreds of dollars.
> > >
> > The dead "Andy", Bryan...???
> >
> No, a different dead Andy.
> https://www.andysseasoning.com/about-us/
> >
> > --
> > GM
>
> --Bryan

I cooked up some catfish with a coating of cornmeal and flour and seasonings. The coating was awesome! The fish was horrible. It tasted of pond scum.

Re: "Fish Out of Water" 🐟

<T28nL.17285$ZnFc.2633@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=239809&group=rec.food.cooking#239809

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 18:28:35 -0600
 by: Hank Rogers - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 00:28 UTC

Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Friday, December 16, 2022 at 5:45:46 PM UTC-6, GM wrote:

>>> Nope, just Andy's cornmeal fish breading.
>>> https://www.walmart.com/ip/Andy-s-Fish-Breading-Red-10-Ounces/16935615
>>> Spinach on the side. We're celebrating. The part came
>>> in, and I repaired the fridge. Thanks, YouTube person
>>> who made the nice video that made it possible to save
>>> hundreds of dollars.
>>>
>> The dead "Andy", Bryan...???
>>
> No, a different dead Andy.
> https://www.andysseasoning.com/about-us/

Every time you post, kuth injects his pecker, and whacks off.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: "Fish Out of Water" 🐟