Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 23:10:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Looking for Donvier Ice Cream Maker Instructions
From: mumtrus...@gmail.com (Lurline Trustum)
 by: Lurline Trustum - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 07:10 UTC

On Thursday, 6 November 1997 at 19:00:00 UTC+11, Jack and Kay Hartman wrote:
> [...]
> Cholesterol...............9 milligrams
> % Calories from fat.......31%
> FROZEN YOGURT
> 1/2 cup (3.5 oz.)
> Calories..................90
> Carbohydrate..............19 grams
> Fat.......................3.5 grams
> Cholesterol...............7 milligrams
> % Calories from fat.......7%
> Enjoy!!
> [Frozen mixed drink recipes not reproduced but hint is. KH]
> HINT: For best results with frozen mixed drinks, add the recommended
> portion of alcohol during the last minute of the freezing process.
> ADDITIONAL USES
> 1. Ice Bucket
> Remove the handle and blade. Plug the hole in the lid with the cap.
> Fill with ice and cover. Ice keeps for three hours. If the cylinder
> has been in the freezer, ice will keep for a very long time without
> melting.
> 2. Make ice coffee, tea, or cold soups
> Hot liquids can be cooled instantly in the frozen Chillfast aluminum
> cylinder.
> 3. Ice cup
> Fill the frozen cylinder with water. Ice will form on the wall of the
> cylinder. Wen the ice is acout 1 cm. thick, warm the bottom of the
> cylinder with tap water and remove the ice cup. Put the ice cup into
> the freezer until ready to use. Fill it with fresh fruit, shrimp, a
> wind bottle, etc.
> WHAT WENT WRONG?
> Your frozen dessert didn't turn out right --
> 1. The Chillfast(tm) aluminum cylinder may not have been sufficiently
> frozen because:
> The freezer was not turned to maximum cool.
> The cylinder was placed too near the freezer door.
> The freezer door had been opened and closed too many times.
> Food items blocked off the cold air vent at the back of the freezer.
> The Chillfast aluminum cylinder was placed on its side or upside
> down.
> The cylinder was left in its case or had its cover on. (Never cover
> with anything when it's in the freezer.)
> The freezer interior was too frosty.
> The Chillfast aluminum cylinder was in the freezer less than 7 hours.
> The cylinder was left unused at room temperature for more than 10
> minutes after removing from the freezer.
> 2. The ingredients were warmer than room temperature. (The colder
> your ingredients and bases are, the better they will freeze.)
> You have difficulty unlocking the plastic lid.
> 1. Moisture has frozen between the colored ring and the edge of this
> lid.
> Remove the Chillfast aluminum cylinder from the Donvier outer case.
> Pull the lid and the colored ring off the cylinder together.
> 2. Prevention entails making sure the lid and ring are dry before
> using. Also, make sure the lid and your hands are clean and free of
> any oils or grease.
> For further assistance or replacement of lost or damaged parts, call
> our toll free number between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
Well here I am 25 years later and this just what was missing from my inherited Donvier.
Thank you

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Looking for Donvier Ice Cream Maker Instructions

<tvtnL.13982$Ldj8.224@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=240043&group=rec.food.cooking#240043

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 19:52:49 -0500
 by: Michael Trew - Sun, 18 Dec 2022 00:52 UTC

On 12/17/2022 2:10, Lurline Trustum wrote:
> On Thursday, 6 November 1997 at 19:00:00 UTC+11, Jack and Kay Hartman wrote:
>> In<345FF4...@cais.com> David Cacner<cac...@cais.com> writes:
>>>
>>> Help ! We bought a Donvier Ice Cream Maker at an estate sale, but it
>>> was missing the instructions. Does anybody have a copy or can you
>> give
>>> a short message on the basics ??
>> Here's the entire instruction booklet, minus the recipes.
>> ... (SNIP)
> Well here I am 25 years later and this just what was missing from my inherited Donvier.
> Thank you

Well I'll be darned. An ancient Usenet post came in handy... LOL

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Looking for Donvier Ice Cream Maker Instructions