From: sqwert...@gmail.invalid (Sqwertz)
Subject: 4 Minute 3 Ingredient Fudge
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 16:35:35 -0600
 by: Sqwertz - Mon, 19 Dec 2022 22:35 UTC

Easy, silky, sinful "fudge" without all the elbow grease and time.
I use the generic chips from Walmart or HEB as well as the
store-brand condensed milk for about $5/batch. I had my doubts
when I first tried this recipe, but not any more.

2.5 cups milk chocolate chips, white "morsels", butterscotch,
etc... baking chips (about 1.5 ever-shrinking 10.5oz packages).

1 standard can sweetened condensed milk

1 ts vanilla.

1 Rubber spatula

Put chips and milk into a non-metal mixing bowl and microwave 90
seconds at 80% power or until you can just mix them until smooth.
You may also use a double boiler.

Add the vanilla and stir completely.

Pour into 8x8 pan lubed with PAM or similar. May be lined and
lubed, too. Pour mix into pan, shake to flatten, and refrigerate
20-30 minutes to firm. May then be stored at room temp covered or
uncovered (to dry out on top and get a little crust).

May use toffee bits, toasted nuts, or any other suitable additives
mixed in just before pouring. My favorite is white "chocolate"
chips and Heath toffee bits.

-sw

Re: 4 Minute 3 Ingredient Fudge

<CY7oL.72416$9sn9.54474@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=240485&group=rec.food.cooking#240485

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: 4 Minute 3 Ingredient Fudge
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 20:11:01 -0500
 by: Michael Trew - Tue, 20 Dec 2022 01:11 UTC

On 12/19/2022 17:35, Sqwertz wrote:
> Easy, silky, sinful "fudge" without all the elbow grease and time.
> I use the generic chips from Walmart or HEB as well as the
> store-brand condensed milk for about $5/batch. I had my doubts
> when I first tried this recipe, but not any more.

I've made the sweetened condensed milk/toll house chip fudge before, as
well. It's OK, but it isn't nearly as good as real fudge.
Interestingly enough, it tastes about identical to extremely expensive
gift shop fudge... those cheaters!

I've never used a candy thermometer in real fudge, either... a glass of
ice water will do.

interests / rec.food.cooking / 4 Minute 3 Ingredient Fudge