Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 15:30:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: European leaders demand answers after fresh report about U.S. spying
on allies
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Tue, 1 Jun 2021 22:30 UTC

"The uproar comes after Denmark’s public broadcaster reported on Sunday that the country’s intelligence service helped the U.S. eavesdrop on European officials almost a decade ago.
French President Emmanuel Macron said on Monday that any American eavesdropping on European countries would not be “acceptable amongst allies.”

Macron said he was “attached to the bond of trust that unites Europeans and Americans,” asserting that “there is no room for suspicion between us.”

"We expect our Danish and American partners to be completely open and to clarify the matter," he said, speaking at a news conference following a virtual summit with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Merkel said she could only echo Macron's stance, noting that the allegations related to events several years ago but that they were serious if accurate.

Officials from Sweden and Norway joined the criticism and said they wanted Denmark to explain its alleged involvement.

“We want the cards on the table,’ said Swedish Defense Minister Peter Hulqvist, adding it was “unacceptable to eavesdrop on allies.”"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/european-leaders-demand-answers-after-fresh-report-about-us-spying-on-allies/ar-AAKBozy

The US certainly have to explain.
Can it really explain the unhappy episode away?

Re: European leaders demand answers after fresh report about U.S. spying on allies

<74b4500b-20d7-4a0e-93ea-eae7d6e0e701n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2410&group=soc.culture.china#2410

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 19:42:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: European leaders demand answers after fresh report about U.S.
spying on allies
From: wakaluk...@yahoo.com.sg (wakal...@yahoo.com.sg)
 by: wakal...@yahoo.com.s - Wed, 2 Jun 2021 02:42 UTC

On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 6:30:33 AM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> "The uproar comes after Denmark’s public broadcaster reported on Sunday that the country’s intelligence service helped the U.S. eavesdrop on European officials almost a decade ago.
> French President Emmanuel Macron said on Monday that any American eavesdropping on European countries would not be “acceptable amongst allies.”
>
> Macron said he was “attached to the bond of trust that unites Europeans and Americans,” asserting that “there is no room for suspicion between us.”
>
> "We expect our Danish and American partners to be completely open and to clarify the matter," he said, speaking at a news conference following a virtual summit with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
>
> Merkel said she could only echo Macron's stance, noting that the allegations related to events several years ago but that they were serious if accurate.
>
> Officials from Sweden and Norway joined the criticism and said they wanted Denmark to explain its alleged involvement.
>
> “We want the cards on the table,’ said Swedish Defense Minister Peter Hulqvist, adding it was “unacceptable to eavesdrop on allies.”"
>
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/european-leaders-demand-answers-after-fresh-report-about-us-spying-on-allies/ar-AAKBozy
>
> The US certainly have to explain.
> Can it really explain the unhappy episode away?
--------

The EU is a US vassal state, and its leaders are spineless. They will demand answers loudly. But that's all there will be. Nothing more will happen.

Wakalukong