Out of the crooked timber of humanity no straight thing can ever be made. -- Immanuel Kant

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: USPS Informed Delivery

SubjectAuthor
* USPS Informed DeliveryEd Pawlowski
+* Re: USPS Informed DeliveryS Viemeister
|+* Re: USPS Informed DeliveryDave Smith
||`* Re: USPS Informed DeliveryEd Pawlowski
|| `- Re: USPS Informed Deliveryjmcquown
|`* Re: USPS Informed Delivery@florence.it
| +* Re: USPS Informed DeliveryGary
| |+- Re: USPS Informed DeliveryDave Smith
| |+* Re: USPS Informed Deliveryitsjoannotjoann@webtv.net
| ||`* Re: USPS Informed DeliveryS Viemeister
| || +- Re: USPS Informed Deliveryitsjoannotjoann@webtv.net
| || `- Re: USPS Informed DeliveryDave Smith
| |`- Re: USPS Informed Delivery@florence.it
| `* Re: USPS Informed DeliveryS Viemeister
|  `* Re: USPS Informed Delivery@florence.it
|   `* Re: USPS Informed DeliveryGraham
|    +* Re: USPS Informed DeliveryBruce
|    |`* Re: USPS Informed Deliverydsi1
|    | `* Re: USPS Informed DeliveryBruce
|    |  `- Re: USPS Informed Deliverydsi1
|    `* Re: USPS Informed Delivery@florence.it
|     +* Re: USPS Informed DeliveryS Viemeister
|     |`- Re: USPS Informed Delivery@florence.it
|     `* Re: USPS Informed DeliveryDave Smith
|      `* Re: USPS Informed DeliveryGary
|       `* Re: USPS Informed DeliveryDave Smith
|        `* Re: USPS Informed DeliveryMichael Trew
|         `- Re: USPS Informed DeliveryCindy Hamilton
`- Re: USPS Informed Deliverydsi1

Pages:12
Re: USPS Informed Delivery

<to6q20$292nc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=241392&group=rec.food.cooking#241392

From: g.maj...@att.net (Gary)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: USPS Informed Delivery
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 07:07:28 -0500
 by: Gary - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 12:07 UTC

On 12/23/2022 5:18 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> Southern Ontario seems to be pretty well shut down today. We have turned
> into winter weather wusses. They warned us about a winter storm so
> everyone has used that as an excuse to shut down and stay off the roads.
> I was out this morning and road were bad. The worst part was the
> occasional white out.

Just curious - what was YOUR reason to leave home and go for a drive in
that mess?

Re: USPS Informed Delivery

<ejEpL.9912$5jd8.6984@fx05.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=241418&group=rec.food.cooking#241418

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 09:48:44 -0500
 by: Dave Smith - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 14:48 UTC

On 2022-12-24 7:07 a.m., Gary wrote:
> On 12/23/2022 5:18 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> Southern Ontario seems to be pretty well shut down today. We have
>> turned into winter weather wusses. They warned us about a winter storm
>> so everyone has used that as an excuse to shut down and stay off the
>> roads. I was out this morning and road were bad. The worst part was
>> the occasional white out.
>
> Just curious - what was YOUR reason to leave home and go for a drive in
> that mess?

I had to go out to pick up a prescription for my wife and I needed to
pick up some cheese at the produce market. The snow had just started.
It had actually been raining and about 38F at 8:30. It has dropped to
32 by the time I left an hour later.

It later dropped to 14F. We didn't get anywhere near the snowfall they
had forecast but we had high winds and gusting all day causing icy roads
and white outs. I checked the provincial traffic cams later on. There
were very few cars on the road in Niagara and traffic in the Toronto
area was extremely light. The border bridges were shut down. The QEW
was closed between Niagara Falls and Fort Erie. The 401, the main east
west corridor across southern Ontario, was closed in several places.

Re: USPS Informed Delivery

<bHIpL.16668$5S78.2989@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=241472&group=rec.food.cooking#241472

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 14:47:27 -0500
 by: Michael Trew - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 19:47 UTC

On 12/24/2022 9:48, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2022-12-24 7:07 a.m., Gary wrote:
>> On 12/23/2022 5:18 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> Southern Ontario seems to be pretty well shut down today. We have
>>> turned into winter weather wusses. They warned us about a winter
>>> storm so everyone has used that as an excuse to shut down and stay
>>> off the roads. I was out this morning and road were bad. The worst
>>> part was the occasional white out.
>>
>> Just curious - what was YOUR reason to leave home and go for a drive
>> in that mess?
>
> I had to go out to pick up a prescription for my wife and I needed to
> pick up some cheese at the produce market. The snow had just started. It
> had actually been raining and about 38F at 8:30. It has dropped to 32 by
> the time I left an hour later.

No fun. I stocked up on shopping, and didn't step food outside the
doorway yesterday. It dropped from 40F to 1F within two hours... it was
raining at 40F. What a mess. With negative 35 wind chill, I wanted to
see what it felt like... 5 seconds of the door open was my fill. I
think I'll stay home inside until after Christmas.

Re: USPS Informed Delivery

<38LpL.24515$8blb.23447@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=241520&group=rec.food.cooking#241520

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 22:34:39 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 22:34 UTC

On 2022-12-24, Michael Trew <michael.trew@att.net> wrote:
> On 12/24/2022 9:48, Dave Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> Just curious - what was YOUR reason to leave home and go for a drive
>>> in that mess?
>>
>> I had to go out to pick up a prescription for my wife and I needed to
>> pick up some cheese at the produce market. The snow had just started. It
>> had actually been raining and about 38F at 8:30. It has dropped to 32 by
>> the time I left an hour later.
>
> No fun. I stocked up on shopping, and didn't step food outside the
> doorway yesterday. It dropped from 40F to 1F within two hours... it was
> raining at 40F. What a mess. With negative 35 wind chill, I wanted to
> see what it felt like... 5 seconds of the door open was my fill. I
> think I'll stay home inside until after Christmas.

I haven't been motivated to shovel the drift of snow away from the
garage doors, so I haven't been anywhere since Thursday. I've been
out to the mailbox twice, out to the bird feeder a couple of times,
and walked down the driveway to confirm that our chimney caps were
still in place.

Dang, it's cold. I had to wear a hooded sweatshirt _and_ a windbreaker.

Monday I have to visit my mother, so I'll be doing some snow removal
in the morning. The wind is dropping tomorrow night and it'll be a
balmy 13 F Monday morning with a wind chill above 0. Maybe I'll
wear shorts and sandals. ;-)

--
Cindy Hamilton

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: USPS Informed Delivery