He who hesitates is sometimes saved.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Merry Christmas

SubjectAuthor
* Merry ChristmasDave Smith
+* Re: Merry Christmasjmcquown
|+* Re: Merry ChristmasDave Smith
||`* Re: Merry ChristmasGraham
|| `- Re: Merry ChristmasDave Smith
|`- Re: Merry ChristmasBering Sea Bar & Brig@MarthaStewart.GoodThing
+- Re: Merry Christmasdsi1
`- Re: Merry Christmasitsjoannotjoann@webtv.net

1
Merry Christmas

<MvYpL.10779$OD18.8011@fx08.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=241604&group=rec.food.cooking#241604

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Subject: Merry Christmas
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 08:47:24 -0500
 by: Dave Smith - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 13:47 UTC

Merry Christmas to all.

Thank goodness I got my act together and had no need for last minute
shopping. The roads here were horrible for two days, so bad that the QEW
between Niagara Falls and Fort Erie remains closed and the towns to the
south and southeast of me sent out alerts telling people to avoid all
non essential travel. The provinces traffic portal shows there are two
dozen closures on the provincial highways.

My nephew, his partner and stepdaughter came for supper and we had the
traditional meat pie. This time it was beef and mushroom and it turned
out beautifully.

Our son and DiL are coming in the afternoon and then we are off to my
brother's for supper

All the best to all

Re: Merry Christmas

<toa055$2q72e$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=241625&group=rec.food.cooking#241625

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Merry Christmas
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 12:09:51 -0500
 by: jmcquown - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 17:09 UTC

On 12/25/2022 8:47 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> Merry Christmas to all.

Ditto!

> Thank goodness I got my act together and had no need for last minute
> shopping. The roads here were horrible for two days, so bad that the QEW
> between Niagara Falls and Fort Erie remains closed and the towns to the
> south and southeast of me sent out alerts telling people to avoid all
> non essential travel. The provinces traffic portal shows there are two
> dozen closures on the provincial highways.
>
> My nephew, his partner and stepdaughter came for supper and we had the
> traditional meat pie. This time it was beef and mushroom and it turned
> out beautifully.

Sounds good!

> Our son and DiL are coming in the afternoon and then we are off to my
> brother's for supper
>
> All the best to all

Be careful, the roads might still be treacherous in some places. Enjoy
your day!

Jill

Re: Merry Christmas

<iM1qL.29883$4jN7.5924@fx02.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=241677&group=rec.food.cooking#241677

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 14:46:22 -0500
 by: Dave Smith - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 19:46 UTC

On 2022-12-25 12:09 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 12/25/2022 8:47 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> Merry Christmas to all.
>>
> Ditto!
>
>> Thank goodness I got my act together and had no need for last minute
>> shopping. The roads here were horrible for two days, so bad that the
>> QEW between Niagara Falls and Fort Erie remains closed and the towns
>> to the south and southeast of me sent out alerts telling people to
>> avoid all non essential travel. The provinces traffic portal shows
>> there are two dozen closures on the provincial highways.
>>
>> My nephew, his partner and stepdaughter came for supper and we had the
>> traditional meat pie. This time it was beef and mushroom and it turned
>> out beautifully.
>>
> Sounds good!
>
>> Our son and DiL are coming in the afternoon and then we are off to my
>> brother's for supper
>>
>> All the best to all
>>
> Be careful, the roads might still be treacherous in some places.  Enjoy
> your day!

I only have to drive two miles down the road to my brother's place. Our
son just called to say they are on the road and expect to be here by 4.
Traffic cams show the highways between here and there are all clear. I
just hope that everyone else doesn't look at the cams and figure they
will hit the road while it is clear.

Things are still a real mess to the south of us. I am right in the
middle of the Niagara peninsula and we usually miss the storms with the
lake effect that hit to the north or to the south of us The north shore
of Lake Erie gets hit with the same storms and lake effect that Buffalo
gets, but not as bad. Apparently Buffalo really got whacked. There were
28" of snow measured at the airport and with the high winds that would
be a blizzard. There were 7 deaths blamed on the weather in Buffalo.

Re: Merry Christmas

<eQ1qL.113266$9sn9.30110@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=241679&group=rec.food.cooking#241679

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: g.ste...@shaw.ca (Graham)
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 12:50:34 -0700
 by: Graham - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 19:50 UTC

On 2022-12-25 12:46 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2022-12-25 12:09 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> On 12/25/2022 8:47 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> Merry Christmas to all.
>>>
>> Ditto!
>>
>>> Thank goodness I got my act together and had no need for last minute
>>> shopping. The roads here were horrible for two days, so bad that the
>>> QEW between Niagara Falls and Fort Erie remains closed and the towns
>>> to the south and southeast of me sent out alerts telling people to
>>> avoid all non essential travel. The provinces traffic portal shows
>>> there are two dozen closures on the provincial highways.
>>>
>>> My nephew, his partner and stepdaughter came for supper and we had
>>> the traditional meat pie. This time it was beef and mushroom and it
>>> turned out beautifully.
>>>
>> Sounds good!
>>
>>> Our son and DiL are coming in the afternoon and then we are off to my
>>> brother's for supper
>>>
>>> All the best to all
>>>
>> Be careful, the roads might still be treacherous in some places.
>> Enjoy your day!
>

> I only have to drive two miles down the road to my brother's place. Our
> son just called to say they are on the road and expect to be here by 4.
> Traffic cams show the highways between here and there  are all clear.  I
> just hope that everyone else doesn't look at the cams and figure they
> will hit the road while it is clear.
>
> Things are still a real mess to the south of us. I am right in the
> middle of the Niagara peninsula and we usually miss the storms with the
> lake effect that hit to the north or to the south of us  The north shore
> of Lake Erie gets hit with the same storms and lake effect that Buffalo
> gets, but not as bad. Apparently Buffalo really got whacked. There were
> 28" of snow measured at the airport and with the high winds that would
> be a blizzard. There were 7 deaths blamed on the weather in Buffalo.

We are enjoying above freezing temperatures as a Chinook blew in
yesterday, driving eastwards the -35C overnight temps we had been suffering.

Re: Merry Christmas

<rZ1qL.29884$4jN7.11656@fx02.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=241682&group=rec.food.cooking#241682

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 15:00:23 -0500
 by: Dave Smith - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 20:00 UTC

On 2022-12-25 2:50 p.m., Graham wrote:
> On 2022-12-25 12:46 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> Things are still a real mess to the south of us. I am right in the
>> middle of the Niagara peninsula and we usually miss the storms with
>> the lake effect that hit to the north or to the south of us  The north
>> shore of Lake Erie gets hit with the same storms and lake effect that
>> Buffalo gets, but not as bad. Apparently Buffalo really got whacked.
>> There were 28" of snow measured at the airport and with the high winds
>> that would be a blizzard. There were 7 deaths blamed on the weather in
>> Buffalo.
>
> We are enjoying above freezing temperatures as a Chinook blew in
> yesterday, driving eastwards the -35C overnight temps we had been
> suffering.

Gotta love the Chinooks. We get swings in temperature but nothing that
drastic. The other day it started off raining and +6C and by evening it
was down to -16. It is currently about -4. The forecast is for a couple
days of that and then up to +9 by New Years.

Re: Merry Christmas

<45c829fb-08fa-4f4d-80d8-73956170bc90n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=241707&group=rec.food.cooking#241707

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 14:01:17 -0800 (PST)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Bering Sea Bar & Brig@MarthaStewart.GoodThing)
 by: Bering Sea Bar & - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 22:01 UTC

On Sunday, December 25, 2022 at 11:10:03 AM UTC-6, j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:
> On 12/25/2022 8:47 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> > Merry Christmas to all.
> >
> Ditto!
> > Thank goodness I got my act together and had no need for last minute
> > shopping. The roads here were horrible for two days, so bad that the QEW
> > between Niagara Falls and Fort Erie remains closed and the towns to the
> > south and southeast of me sent out alerts telling people to avoid all
> > non essential travel. The provinces traffic portal shows there are two
> > dozen closures on the provincial highways.
> >
> > My nephew, his partner and stepdaughter came for supper and we had the
> > traditional meat pie. This time it was beef and mushroom and it turned
> > out beautifully.
> >
> Sounds good!
> > Our son and DiL are coming in the afternoon and then we are off to my
> > brother's for supper
> >
> > All the best to all
> >
> Be careful, the roads might still be treacherous in some places. Enjoy
> your day!
>
> Jill

I walked 12 blocks rt for wifi for Shearer podcast and hollah.

Re: Merry Christmas

<2cd81a85-3dd1-4168-ba9b-f7b87f3d550dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=241738&group=rec.food.cooking#241738

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 15:46:12 -0800 (PST)
From: dsi...@hawaiiantel.net (dsi1)
 by: dsi1 - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 23:46 UTC

On Sunday, December 25, 2022 at 3:47:31 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> Merry Christmas to all.
>
> Thank goodness I got my act together and had no need for last minute
> shopping. The roads here were horrible for two days, so bad that the QEW
> between Niagara Falls and Fort Erie remains closed and the towns to the
> south and southeast of me sent out alerts telling people to avoid all
> non essential travel. The provinces traffic portal shows there are two
> dozen closures on the provincial highways.
>
> My nephew, his partner and stepdaughter came for supper and we had the
> traditional meat pie. This time it was beef and mushroom and it turned
> out beautifully.
>
> Our son and DiL are coming in the afternoon and then we are off to my
> brother's for supper
>
> All the best to all

Peace on Earth, goodwill towards all men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czZxe5d7kGE

Re: Merry Christmas

<56bea4d1-6372-4020-929f-b424f8ec7ce2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=241759&group=rec.food.cooking#241759

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 16:59:30 -0800 (PST)
From: itsjoann...@webtv.net (itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net)
 by: itsjoannotjoann@webt - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 00:59 UTC

On Sunday, December 25, 2022 at 7:47:31 AM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:

> Merry Christmas to all.
>
> All the best to all

And to you and yours!! Sorry I'm late with my Christmas wishes.

I went to my brother's house last night and this morning to my nephew's for
Christmas breakfast and then we played Bingo for gift cards. There certainly
was a crowd there!

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Merry Christmas