We lie loudest when we lie to ourselves. -- Eric Hoffer

interests / alt.politics / Re: Trump Endorsements/Rallys Didn't Seem to Help Much

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Trump Endorsements/Rallys Didn't Seem to Help Much26C.Z968
+* Re: Trump Endorsements/Rallys Didn't Seem to Help MuchDavid Hartung
|`- Re: Trump Endorsements/Rallys Didn't Seem to Help MuchNevermind
`- Re: Trump Endorsements/Rallys Didn't Seem to Help Muchgovernor.swill

1
Re: Trump Endorsements/Rallys Didn't Seem to Help Much

<_r-cnSVYscGFFfD-nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24272&group=alt.politics#24272

Subject: Re: Trump Endorsements/Rallys Didn't Seem to Help Much
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.usa
From: 26C.Z...@noada.net (26C.Z968)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 18:24:07 -0500
 by: 26C.Z968 - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 23:24 UTC

On 11/10/22 12:02 PM, Ignatius J. Reilly wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 9, 2022 at 11:39:05 PM UTC-5, 26C.Z968 wrote:
>> Trump DID put in the time and energy. We thank him.
>> However in the final analysis his efforts really
>> didn't seem to DO much in terms of flipping the
>> elections red.
>>
>> Trump is, alas, best at preaching to the converted.
>> While this has 'energizing' value FOR the converted
>> it really does not seem to create MORE converted.
>> He did not flip any Blue to Red. He perhaps got out
>> more Red voters, which served to a degree, but he
>> didn't change any minds.
>>
>> IMHO, the reason he didn't change Blues to Reds is
>> because he is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING and puts off
>> so many people. 75% of his rallies seem to revolve
>> around the perceived wrongs done to HIM personally
>> by the Dems/media. You can only play the martyr
>> angle just SO much - and he over-does it. New
>> visions and fixes are required, he dwells on the
>> past - HIS past - and insults everybody and
>> everything in the process. He's even mad at his
>> own wife for plugging Dr.Oz ... "incorrectly" it
>> seems. He insults DeSantis - the NEW star of the
>> GOP/MAGA. Even Pompeo didn't tolerate that.
>>
>> No, I do not deny "They" were/are indeed out to get
>> him. That much is clear and the documentation improves
>> daily. Federal agencies were corrupted into becoming
>> anti-Trump witch-hunters. Trump SHOULD be angry and
>> so should everyone else. BUT - that was not enough
>> to gain converts. "We will do 'A', 'B' and 'C'" is
>> what was needed most. Straight up and to the moment,
>> "They're doing 'X', 'Y' and 'Z' to you and THIS is
>> how we'll fix it". Could all fit in 15 good minutes,
>> but Trump goes on for hours.
>>
>> So - I am going to posit that TRUMP SHOULD JUST
>> SHUT THE FUCK UP by and large and dedicate himself
>> to plugging and backing future leaders in ways
>> that helps them best. Trump will still be very
>> important, he's an icon, but IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT
>> HIM anymore. MAGA is the real star (I credit it
>> to Reagan, not Trump) and THAT'S what you use
>> to convert the disgruntled/injured masses. "Hope"
>> is as contagious as Covid. Trump only offers
>> division BECAUSE HE'S BECOME SUCH AN ASS. The
>> Blue's WON'T convert because of HIM.
>>
>> So, in conclusion, DeSANTIS '24 - and Trump and
>> his ego had better stand out of the way of said
>> new and improved MAGA.
>
> Trump is exactly who we thought he was: a bloviating narcissist with no vision beyond self-glorification.

Ummmmmmm ... wouldn't say "no vision" - THE problem is
that he's not the right messenger anymore. The job and
stress made his other undesirable character traits
even worse.

> Good riddance!

It's already in motion so far as I can see. The Party is
moving to push him to the margins. They were doing this
even before the election - but his apparent poor vote-
getting performance was the proverbial straw.

> "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time".

Trump isn't trying to fool anyone - he is what he is. The
problem is THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

I think he WAS the one to beat HRC - saving us from the most
corrupt POTUS since the 1800s. That's where his bigger-than-
life personality was a prime asset. However he couldn't turn
it OFF after the election, only got worse and worse. "Campaign
Trump" was the one and only REAL Trump.

Apparently you are keen to trash Trump "just because". I'll
take it bigger picture though. Gee, Obama wasn't the worse
POTUS by a long-shot either. I didn't/don't like his politics
but he wasn't terrible at the job. Trump wasn't terrible at
the job either but Trump's problem isn't policy but TRUMP -
he's unlikable, overbearing, WAY too loud, WAY too self-oriented,
etc, etc, etc. Wrong guy for 2024. We OD'd on him. He should

Re: Trump Endorsements/Rallys Didn't Seem to Help Much

<BxibL.56421$TUR8.38172@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24275&group=alt.politics#24275

From: shitbag....@shitbags.r.us (David Hartung)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.usa
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 18:35:12 -0800
 by: David Hartung - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 02:35 UTC

On 11/10/2022 3:24 PM, 26C.Z968 wrote:
> On 11/10/22 12:02 PM, Ignatius J. Reilly wrote:
>> On Wednesday, November 9, 2022 at 11:39:05 PM UTC-5, 26C.Z968 wrote:
>>> Trump DID put in the time and energy. We thank him.
>>> However in the final analysis his efforts really
>>> didn't seem to DO much in terms of flipping the
>>> elections red.
>>>
>>> Trump is, alas, best at preaching to the converted.
>>> While this has 'energizing' value FOR the converted
>>> it really does not seem to create MORE converted.
>>> He did not flip any Blue to Red. He perhaps got out
>>> more Red voters, which served to a degree, but he
>>> didn't change any minds.
>>>
>>> IMHO, the reason he didn't change Blues to Reds is
>>> because he is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING and puts off
>>> so many people. 75% of his rallies seem to revolve
>>> around the perceived wrongs done to HIM personally
>>> by the Dems/media. You can only play the martyr
>>> angle just SO much - and he over-does it. New
>>> visions and fixes are required, he dwells on the
>>> past - HIS past - and insults everybody and
>>> everything in the process. He's even mad at his
>>> own wife for plugging Dr.Oz ... "incorrectly" it
>>> seems. He insults DeSantis - the NEW star of the
>>> GOP/MAGA. Even Pompeo didn't tolerate that.
>>>
>>> No, I do not deny "They" were/are indeed out to get
>>> him. That much is clear and the documentation improves
>>> daily. Federal agencies were corrupted into becoming
>>> anti-Trump witch-hunters. Trump SHOULD be angry and
>>> so should everyone else. BUT - that was not enough
>>> to gain converts. "We will do 'A', 'B' and 'C'" is
>>> what was needed most. Straight up and to the moment,
>>> "They're doing 'X', 'Y' and 'Z' to you and THIS is
>>> how we'll fix it". Could all fit in 15 good minutes,
>>> but Trump goes on for hours.
>>>
>>> So - I am going to posit that TRUMP SHOULD JUST
>>> SHUT THE FUCK UP by and large and dedicate himself
>>> to plugging and backing future leaders in ways
>>> that helps them best. Trump will still be very
>>> important, he's an icon, but IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT
>>> HIM anymore. MAGA is the real star (I credit it
>>> to Reagan, not Trump) and THAT'S what you use
>>> to convert the disgruntled/injured masses. "Hope"
>>> is as contagious as Covid. Trump only offers
>>> division BECAUSE HE'S BECOME SUCH AN ASS. The
>>> Blue's WON'T convert because of HIM.
>>>
>>> So, in conclusion, DeSANTIS '24 - and Trump and
>>> his ego had better stand out of the way of said
>>> new and improved MAGA.
>>
>> Trump is exactly who we thought he was: a bloviating narcissist with no vision
>> beyond self-glorification.
>
>   Ummmmmmm ... wouldn't say "no vision"

He has no vision for the country. All he sees is his own crass self-interest.

Re: Trump Endorsements/Rallys Didn't Seem to Help Much

<3LvbL.1511285$SIb3.1247361@fx05.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24284&group=alt.politics#24284

From: NoO...@none.com (Nevermind)
Newsgroups: alt.politics
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 17:37:03 GMT
 by: Nevermind - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 17:37 UTC

> On 11/10/2022 3:24 PM, 26C.Z968 wrote:

> > > Trump is exactly who we thought he was: a bloviating narcissist with no
> > > vision
> > > beyond self-glorification.
> >
> > � Ummmmmmm ... wouldn't say "no vision"
>
> He has no vision for the country. All he sees is his own crass self-interest.

Exactly. In math we would say there is an inverse relationship between Trump's latest recommendations and success with the voters.

Re: Trump Endorsements/Rallys Didn't Seem to Help Much

<qratmh50gr4rmf61u52mslbmajcb4m1msp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24290&group=alt.politics#24290

From: governor...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.usa
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 15:08:34 -0500
 by: governor...@gmail.com - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 20:08 UTC

On Thu, 10 Nov 2022 18:24:07 -0500, "26C.Z968" <26C.Z968@noada.net>
wrote:

> Ummmmmmm ... wouldn't say "no vision" - THE problem is
> that he's not the right messenger anymore. The job and
> stress made his other undesirable character traits
> even worse.

Trump has no vision, no policy, no convictions.

Trump is all about Trump. When President, he spent his time being
Trump but politically did pretty much as directed by the part.
Especially when it came to appointments to the bench.

Swill
--
Donald Trump: The best thing to happen to Democrats in 2022.