Subject: Re: Lmao! The "Yugo" is being replaced by the "Chinkgo"
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.survival,alt.politics.usa,alt.politics
From: 26C.Z...@noada.net (26C.Z968)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 20:59:46 -0500
 by: 26C.Z968 - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 01:59 UTC

On 11/16/22 7:22 PM, Charles E. Arms wrote:
> Everyone remembers the Yugo piece of shit.
>
> Now China is dumping their version of the rolling junkheap in
> Russia.

Still probably better than a Lada :-)

The Yugo was indeed about as cheap as you could
possibly make a US/EU-legal automobile. However
that was their special niche - a dirt-cheap car -
and a fair number were sold. A lot of Beetles were
sold for similar reasons.

Re: Lmao! The "Yugo" is being replaced by the "Chinkgo"

<mescnh9uo6tjtle3ne3rjc87911kpll3e6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24368&group=alt.politics#24368

From: governor...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.survival,alt.politics.usa,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 12:40:31 -0500
 by: governor...@gmail.com - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 17:40 UTC

On Wed, 16 Nov 2022 20:59:46 -0500, "26C.Z968" <26C.Z968@noada.net>
wrote:

>On 11/16/22 7:22 PM, Charles E. Arms wrote:
>> Everyone remembers the Yugo piece of shit.
>>
>> Now China is dumping their version of the rolling junkheap in
>> Russia.
>
> Still probably better than a Lada :-)
>
> The Yugo was indeed about as cheap as you could
> possibly make a US/EU-legal automobile. However
> that was their special niche - a dirt-cheap car -
> and a fair number were sold. A lot of Beetles were
> sold for similar reasons.

They were better cars than most people remember. What killed the
brand wasn't the cars themselves but the changing political landscape
in the Balkans.

Swill
--
Russian troops retreat victoriously,
Ukrainian army runs after them in a panic.