Some people manage by the book, even though they don't know who wrote the book or even what book.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About It

SubjectAuthor
* Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About ItMarilyn Manson
+* Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About ItBob F
|`* Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About ItJim Joyce
| `* Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About ItMarilyn Manson
|  `* Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About ItEd Pawlowski
|   +- Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About ItMarilyn Manson
|   `- Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About Itrbowman
+- Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About ItMarilyn Manson
+* Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About ItMarilyn Manson
|`- Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About ItBob F
`- Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About ItMarilyn Manson

1
Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About It

<7dbd72d2-1d1e-4da7-85b6-7ce9ddcf5f2dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24228&group=alt.home.repair#24228

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 10:29:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About It
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Mon, 2 May 2022 17:29 UTC

I've got a friend that boats on Lake Mead, near Las Vegas. As the lake level
gets lower and lower, some interesting items have become exposed.

This is an un-redacted photo of a skeleton found in a barrel. I guess the
news stations decided it was too graphic.

https://i.imgur.com/ZSNZk6t.jpg

The article says "The Clark County coroner’s office will determine the
person’s identity." I wonder what other evidence might be found on the
body/barrel. Trace DNA doesn't last very long, but who knows.

<https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/i-team-sources-body-found-at-lake-mead-outside-las-vegas/>

Time to bring Grissom and Sidle out of retirement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0RTmVXSsfk

Re: Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About It

<t4pae0$4n1$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24247&group=alt.home.repair#24247

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 12:11:58 -0700
 by: Bob F - Mon, 2 May 2022 19:11 UTC

On 5/2/2022 10:29 AM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
> I've got a friend that boats on Lake Mead, near Las Vegas. As the lake level
> gets lower and lower, some interesting items have become exposed.
>
> This is an un-redacted photo of a skeleton found in a barrel. I guess the
> news stations decided it was too graphic.
>
> https://i.imgur.com/ZSNZk6t.jpg
>
> The article says "The Clark County coroner’s office will determine the
> person’s identity." I wonder what other evidence might be found on the
> body/barrel. Trace DNA doesn't last very long, but who knows.
>
> <https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/i-team-sources-body-found-at-lake-mead-outside-las-vegas/>
>
> Time to bring Grissom and Sidle out of retirement.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0RTmVXSsfk

I told him running the grand canyon in a barrel wasn't going to work!

Re: Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About It

<q2017ht82s4pr4igvjiq9tieo051nuqkoo@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24262&group=alt.home.repair#24262

From: non...@none.invalid (Jim Joyce)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 02 May 2022 20:31:26 -0500
 by: Jim Joyce - Tue, 3 May 2022 01:31 UTC

On Mon, 2 May 2022 12:11:58 -0700, Bob F <bobnospam@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 5/2/2022 10:29 AM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
>> I've got a friend that boats on Lake Mead, near Las Vegas. As the lake level
>> gets lower and lower, some interesting items have become exposed.
>>
>> This is an un-redacted photo of a skeleton found in a barrel. I guess the
>> news stations decided it was too graphic.
>>
>> https://i.imgur.com/ZSNZk6t.jpg
>>
>> The article says "The Clark County coroner’s office will determine the
>> person’s identity." I wonder what other evidence might be found on the
>> body/barrel. Trace DNA doesn't last very long, but who knows.
>>
>> <https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/i-team-sources-body-found-at-lake-mead-outside-las-vegas/>
>>
>> Time to bring Grissom and Sidle out of retirement.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0RTmVXSsfk
>>

>I told him running the grand canyon in a barrel wasn't going to work!

A body in a barrel doesn't surprise me. During my 4 years living in
Vegas, my friends and I used to go 4-wheeling in the desert most
weekends. In our travels, we found two shallow graves northwest of the
city, one with the toe of a shoe sticking out and the other after
animals had tried to dig it up.

During that same period, my then-girlfriend worked part time as a hotel
housekeeper. One morning she found a fully clothed body in the space
between the bed and the wall. When the cops dragged him out of that
space and turned him over, he had a single bullet wound to the forehead.

Personally, my friends and I got shot at on two occasions, but we knew
right away that they were just trying to persuade us to go in a
different direction. When all of the rounds land in front of you and
kick up dust, you know it's just a sign. We took the hint both times.

Re: Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About It

<ca923732-8e6f-4229-949d-432d9ad8b358n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24271&group=alt.home.repair#24271

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 19:40:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Tue, 3 May 2022 02:40 UTC

On Monday, May 2, 2022 at 9:31:34 PM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
> On Mon, 2 May 2022 12:11:58 -0700, Bob F <bobn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On 5/2/2022 10:29 AM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
> >> I've got a friend that boats on Lake Mead, near Las Vegas. As the lake level
> >> gets lower and lower, some interesting items have become exposed.
> >>
> >> This is an un-redacted photo of a skeleton found in a barrel. I guess the
> >> news stations decided it was too graphic.
> >>
> >> https://i.imgur.com/ZSNZk6t.jpg
> >>
> >> The article says "The Clark County coroner’s office will determine the
> >> person’s identity." I wonder what other evidence might be found on the
> >> body/barrel. Trace DNA doesn't last very long, but who knows.
> >>
> >> <https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/i-team-sources-body-found-at-lake-mead-outside-las-vegas/>
> >>
> >> Time to bring Grissom and Sidle out of retirement.
> >>
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0RTmVXSsfk
> >>

> >I told him running the grand canyon in a barrel wasn't going to work!
> A body in a barrel doesn't surprise me. During my 4 years living in
> Vegas, my friends and I used to go 4-wheeling in the desert most
> weekends. In our travels, we found two shallow graves northwest of the
> city, one with the toe of a shoe sticking out and the other after
> animals had tried to dig it up.
>
> During that same period, my then-girlfriend worked part time as a hotel
> housekeeper. One morning she found a fully clothed body in the space
> between the bed and the wall. When the cops dragged him out of that
> space and turned him over, he had a single bullet wound to the forehead.
>
> Personally, my friends and I got shot at on two occasions, but we knew
> right away that they were just trying to persuade us to go in a
> different direction. When all of the rounds land in front of you and
> kick up dust, you know it's just a sign. We took the hint both times.

I’d bet a boatload (PI) of money that there is more than one set of skeletal
remains in Lake Mead.

Re: Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About It

<x%0cK.694584$7F2.473616@fx12.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24273&group=alt.home.repair#24273

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 23:07:09 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Tue, 3 May 2022 03:07 UTC

On 5/2/2022 10:40 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
> On Monday, May 2, 2022 at 9:31:34 PM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:

>>> I told him running the grand canyon in a barrel wasn't going to work!
>> A body in a barrel doesn't surprise me. During my 4 years living in
>> Vegas, my friends and I used to go 4-wheeling in the desert most
>> weekends. In our travels, we found two shallow graves northwest of the
>> city, one with the toe of a shoe sticking out and the other after
>> animals had tried to dig it up.
>>
>> During that same period, my then-girlfriend worked part time as a hotel
>> housekeeper. One morning she found a fully clothed body in the space
>> between the bed and the wall. When the cops dragged him out of that
>> space and turned him over, he had a single bullet wound to the forehead.
>>
>> Personally, my friends and I got shot at on two occasions, but we knew
>> right away that they were just trying to persuade us to go in a
>> different direction. When all of the rounds land in front of you and
>> kick up dust, you know it's just a sign. We took the hint both times.
>
> I’d bet a boatload (PI) of money that there is more than one set of skeletal
> remains in Lake Mead.

At the rate the water is going down they will be easy picking in a few
years. Water level is down 140 feet from its peak. too.

Re: Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About It

<b941e08d-e1e7-4a5b-a0ed-14219da27c5an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24277&group=alt.home.repair#24277

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 06:01:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Tue, 3 May 2022 13:01 UTC

On Monday, May 2, 2022 at 11:07:15 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/2/2022 10:40 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:

> >> A body in a barrel doesn't surprise me. During my 4 years living in
> >> Vegas, my friends and I used to go 4-wheeling in the desert most
> >> weekends. In our travels, we found two shallow graves northwest of the
> >> city, one with the toe of a shoe sticking out and the other after
> >> animals had tried to dig it up.
> >>
> >> During that same period, my then-girlfriend worked part time as a hotel
> >> housekeeper. One morning she found a fully clothed body in the space
> >> between the bed and the wall. When the cops dragged him out of that
> >> space and turned him over, he had a single bullet wound to the forehead.
> >>
> >> Personally, my friends and I got shot at on two occasions, but we knew
> >> right away that they were just trying to persuade us to go in a
> >> different direction. When all of the rounds land in front of you and
> >> kick up dust, you know it's just a sign. We took the hint both times.
> >
> > I’d bet a boatload (PI) of money that there is more than one set of skeletal
> > remains in Lake Mead.
> At the rate the water is going down they will be easy picking in a few
> years. Water level is down 140 feet from its peak. too.

I was there a few years ago. Swam in the shadow of the Hoover Dam.
They were extending the boat ramps *again*.

I can't find it right now, but I had picture from another lake we visited. The
boat ramp ended at least a 100' from the water. They didn't have the funds
to extend it, so...no more boating on that lake.

Re: Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About It

<jdcpnqFb0arU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24282&group=alt.home.repair#24282

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 07:41:17 -0600
 by: rbowman - Tue, 3 May 2022 13:41 UTC

On 05/02/2022 09:07 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/2/2022 10:40 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:

>>> A body in a barrel doesn't surprise me. During my 4 years living in
>>> Vegas, my friends and I used to go 4-wheeling in the desert most
>>> weekends. In our travels, we found two shallow graves northwest of the
>>> city, one with the toe of a shoe sticking out and the other after
>>> animals had tried to dig it up.
>>>
>>> During that same period, my then-girlfriend worked part time as a hotel
>>> housekeeper. One morning she found a fully clothed body in the space
>>> between the bed and the wall. When the cops dragged him out of that
>>> space and turned him over, he had a single bullet wound to the forehead.
>>>
>>> Personally, my friends and I got shot at on two occasions, but we knew
>>> right away that they were just trying to persuade us to go in a
>>> different direction. When all of the rounds land in front of you and
>>> kick up dust, you know it's just a sign. We took the hint both times.
>>
>> I’d bet a boatload (PI) of money that there is more than one set of
>> skeletal
>> remains in Lake Mead.
>
> At the rate the water is going down they will be easy picking in a few
> years. Water level is down 140 feet from its peak. too.

It's been three years or so since I've been to Hoover Dam. There are
ornate Art Deco spillways that last saw water in 1983. Just as well.
There was significant erosion damage that had to be repaired.

Re: Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About It

<39c5d5ec-aa8e-44be-b961-1bdb212c2354n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24296&group=alt.home.repair#24296

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 12:11:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Tue, 3 May 2022 19:11 UTC

On Monday, May 2, 2022 at 1:29:20 PM UTC-4, Marilyn Manson wrote:
> I've got a friend that boats on Lake Mead, near Las Vegas. As the lake level
> gets lower and lower, some interesting items have become exposed.
>
> This is an un-redacted photo of a skeleton found in a barrel. I guess the
> news stations decided it was too graphic.
>
> https://i.imgur.com/ZSNZk6t.jpg
>
> The article says "The Clark County coroner’s office will determine the
> person’s identity." I wonder what other evidence might be found on the
> body/barrel. Trace DNA doesn't last very long, but who knows.
>
> <https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/i-team-sources-body-found-at-lake-mead-outside-las-vegas/>
>
> Time to bring Grissom and Sidle out of retirement.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0RTmVXSsfk

Update:

Somebody posted this today:

https://i.imgur.com/ShwVyA5.jpg

Re: Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About It

<3f27fdcc-378a-479c-8c21-25231ed47000n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24304&group=alt.home.repair#24304

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 18:24:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Wed, 4 May 2022 01:24 UTC

On Monday, May 2, 2022 at 1:29:20 PM UTC-4, Marilyn Manson wrote:
> I've got a friend that boats on Lake Mead, near Las Vegas. As the lake level
> gets lower and lower, some interesting items have become exposed.
>
> This is an un-redacted photo of a skeleton found in a barrel. I guess the
> news stations decided it was too graphic.
>
> https://i.imgur.com/ZSNZk6t.jpg
>
> The article says "The Clark County coroner’s office will determine the
> person’s identity." I wonder what other evidence might be found on the
> body/barrel. Trace DNA doesn't last very long, but who knows.
>
> <https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/i-team-sources-body-found-at-lake-mead-outside-las-vegas/>
>
> Time to bring Grissom and Sidle out of retirement.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0RTmVXSsfk

The hits just keep on coming. (pun intended)

A second barrel was found today.

https://i.imgur.com/hWbrbHr.jpg

Re: Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About It

<t4sol9$ipn$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24305&group=alt.home.repair#24305

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 19:33:12 -0700
 by: Bob F - Wed, 4 May 2022 02:33 UTC

On 5/3/2022 6:24 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
> On Monday, May 2, 2022 at 1:29:20 PM UTC-4, Marilyn Manson wrote:
>> I've got a friend that boats on Lake Mead, near Las Vegas. As the lake level
>> gets lower and lower, some interesting items have become exposed.
>>
>> This is an un-redacted photo of a skeleton found in a barrel. I guess the
>> news stations decided it was too graphic.
>>
>> https://i.imgur.com/ZSNZk6t.jpg
>>
>> The article says "The Clark County coroner’s office will determine the
>> person’s identity." I wonder what other evidence might be found on the
>> body/barrel. Trace DNA doesn't last very long, but who knows.
>>
>> <https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/i-team-sources-body-found-at-lake-mead-outside-las-vegas/>
>>
>> Time to bring Grissom and Sidle out of retirement.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0RTmVXSsfk
>
> The hits just keep on coming. (pun intended)
>
> A second barrel was found today.
>
> https://i.imgur.com/hWbrbHr.jpg

Nevada is a barrel of fun!

Re: Nevada Water Shortage - And The Vegas Mob Isn't Happy About It

<d03dafe7-0380-484e-bca2-3733f67e2df3n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24395&group=alt.home.repair#24395

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 12:45:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Thu, 5 May 2022 19:45 UTC

On Monday, May 2, 2022 at 1:29:20 PM UTC-4, Marilyn Manson wrote:
> I've got a friend that boats on Lake Mead, near Las Vegas. As the lake level
> gets lower and lower, some interesting items have become exposed.
>
> This is an un-redacted photo of a skeleton found in a barrel. I guess the
> news stations decided it was too graphic.
>
> https://i.imgur.com/ZSNZk6t.jpg
>
> The article says "The Clark County coroner’s office will determine the
> person’s identity." I wonder what other evidence might be found on the
> body/barrel. Trace DNA doesn't last very long, but who knows.
>
> <https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/i-team-sources-body-found-at-lake-mead-outside-las-vegas/>
>
> Time to bring Grissom and Sidle out of retirement.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0RTmVXSsfk

$5K reward if you find a body in Lake Mead. There's no mention of
how old the bodies have to be.

Seems like a win-win: Get rid of a few folks that you don't like and
make some quick cash.

https://i.imgur.com/vG6OZbF.jpg