Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.military,alt.politics.eu,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa
From: 26C.Z...@noaada.net (26C.Z969)
Subject: Russia Playing It Smart in Ukraine Infrastructure Attacks
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 20:11:16 -0500
 by: 26C.Z969 - Thu, 24 Nov 2022 01:11 UTC

The west has only so much money for Ukraine. Power grids and
water systems are essential for modern life in cities. By
attacking those it creates a humanitarian crisis - and the
money that WOULD have bought arms INSTEAD has to be spent
on getting those utilities up and running FAST.

Clue - big generators, boilers and transformers are gawdawfully
expensive and it's not like anybody keeps a large inventory
of the things on hand. Besides, how do you GET giant generators
to those cities - rail ? Russia is pretty good at taking out
rail lines and their spies WILL tell them when and where .....

While Ukraine will (mostly) survive winter without those
utilities it'll be very BAD. Modern cities are very packed-
in too, so expect certain diseases to spread. It really
will be like WW-2 redux, huddled freezing masses with
random explosions thrown in.

Re: Russia Playing It Smart in Ukraine Infrastructure Attacks

<p1qgL.1582701$JNZ4.321380@fx12.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24560&group=alt.politics#24560

From: NoO...@none.com (Nevermind)
Newsgroups: alt.politics
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 15:12:21 GMT
 by: Nevermind - Sat, 26 Nov 2022 15:12 UTC

> The west has only so much money for Ukraine. Power grids and
> water systems are essential for modern life in cities. By
> attacking those it creates a humanitarian crisis - and the
> money that WOULD have bought arms INSTEAD has to be spent
> on getting those utilities up and running FAST.
>
> Clue - big generators, boilers and transformers are gawdawfully
> expensive and it's not like anybody keeps a large inventory
> of the things on hand. Besides, how do you GET giant generators
> to those cities - rail ? Russia is pretty good at taking out
> rail lines and their spies WILL tell them when and where .....
>
> While Ukraine will (mostly) survive winter without those
> utilities it'll be very BAD. Modern cities are very packed-
> in too, so expect certain diseases to spread. It really
> will be like WW-2 redux, huddled freezing masses with
> random explosions thrown in.

What some people call "smart" others call "war crimes of attacking civilians and civilian infrastruture." The world should not sit idly by as a
powermad leader starts torturing civilians and commiting illegitimate acts of aggression, even if it is expensive. Blindly letting such conduct happen
is far, far more expensive in the long run. And to our soul.