From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Ukraine crisis: Biden talks to allies as US
warns Russia could invade ‘at any time’
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 18:45:29 -0000
 by: slider - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 18:45 UTC

Joe Biden has held a hastily arranged call with other Nato and EU leaders
as the US warned that a Russian invasion of Ukraine could come before the
end of the Winter Olympics on 20 February.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/11/biden-ukraine-us-russian-invasion-winter-olympics

Biden’s call to allies followed a situation room meeting at the White
House to discuss the latest intelligence on the Russian military buildup,
which, according to diplomats, has raised the level of alarm within the
Biden administration.

The US secretary of state, Antony Blinken, said on Friday there were “very
troubling signs of Russian escalation”.

“We’re in a window when an invasion could begin at any time – and to be
clear, that includes during the Olympics,” Blinken said.

The White House said Biden was calling transatlantic leaders “to discuss
our shared concerns about Russia’s continued buildup of military forces
around Ukraine, and continued coordination on both diplomacy and
deterrence”.

A European diplomat said that the US had asked for the urgent call with
Nato allies and the heads of the EU council and commission, because “it
seems like they have some new intelligence they want to share that has
made them skittish”.

Ukraine invoked a clause from the Vienna document, an international
agreement on military transparency, demanding that Russia provide
information about its military manoeuvres in neighbouring Belarus within
48 hours.

Vice-Admiral Nils Andreas Stensønes, the head of the Norwegian
intelligence service, said Russia now had 150,000 troops massed around
Ukraine, and said the decision on whether to attack rested with Vladimir
Putin.

“Now it is first and foremost up to President Putin if he chooses to do
so,” Stensønes said. “It is difficult to say whether it is probable or not
probable, because it is solely up to the Russian president to make that
decision.”

He added that Russians “have all they need to carry everything out, from a
minor invasion in the east to minor attacks here and there in Ukraine, or
a complete invasion, with, possibly, an occupation of all or parts of
Ukraine”.

Western intelligence agencies largely agree that Putin has now put in
place enough troops to attempt an invasion, a sentiment reflected in
warnings in the last 24 hours from Biden and the UK prime minister, Boris
Johnson. Nevertheless, they continue to believe no final decision by the
Russian leader has been made.

A number of invasion scenarios are considered possible, but there is a
prevailing belief that any military intervention ordered by Putin would be
designed to achieve regime change in Kyiv. That could see a lightning
attack, aimed at encircling Kyiv, with the intention of forcing the
collapse of President Zelenskiy’s government, and trying to install a
pro-Russian regime without urban warfare.

Johnson emphasised on Thursday that any invasion would amount to a massive
miscalculation by Putin because Ukraine would “fight and they will resist
very strongly”. Any belief in the Kremlin that a Russian intervention
would be welcome by anything other than a tiny minority is mistaken,
British ministers stress.

The raised alert follows the failure of several diplomatic initiatives to
lead to a breakthrough. Reports suggested that much of Emmanuel Macron’s
more than five hours of talks with Putin in Moscow on Monday, was taken up
by lengthy historical lectures from the Russian leader, with very little
substance on current events.

Accounts from German officials on “Normandy format” talks in Berlin
between Russian, Ukrainian, German and French officials had been difficult
and offered no prospects of defusing tensions.

The German chancellor, Olaf Scholz, is due to visit Moscow to see Putin on
Tuesday, but his spokesman said he was taking no new diplomatic
initiatives with him.

The head of the foreign affairs committee in the Bundestag, Michael Roth,
a former minister, said on Twitter: “Russia has effectively annexed
Belarus militarily. What are being called “exercises” is really the
encirclement of Ukraine, and a concrete threat to Poland and the Baltic
States. The situation remains dangerous.”

After a meeting with his Russian counterpart in Moscow, the British
defence secretary, Ben Wallace, said he had been assured that Russia had
no intention of invading Ukraine and that he had made clear to Russia’s
defence minister, Sergei Shoigu, that any invasion would have would have
tragic consequences.

Wallace that Russia’s deployment of forces gave it a range of options
including an invasion, and added “it was vital not to allow room for a
miscommunication or miscalculation”.

During a visit to Australia, Blinken warned that the repercussions from a
Russian invasion would spill into Asia, where the US and its allies are
increasingly in confrontation with China.

“If we allow those principles to be challenged with impunity, even if it’s
half the world away in Europe, that will have an impact here as well –
others are watching,” Blinken told reporters in Melbourne.

“Others are looking to all of us to see how we respond. So that’s why it’s
so important that we have this solidarity: that we do everything possible,
through diplomacy, to try to avert a conflict and prevent aggression – but
equally, to be resolute if Russia renews its aggression.”

### - so are we at defcon 2 yet, is that what the impromptu huddle was
about?

something's obviously happening there, some extra move on the part of the
russians that kicks it all up a notch maybe... we're not really being told
anything other than to be alert, that something really terrible
could/might happen at any moment (this is concerning if only because no
leaders have talked like that for decades??)

maybe capturing the 'whole' of ukraine IS what's on the cards then! coz
that would certainly be 'one' way to bring nato's progress to a halt! nato
would then very clearly 'end' at the border OF a ukraine later to be ruled
by a russia proxy - could be!

but this is all just speculation huh, the russians will defo do
'something' (because they have no other choice!) we just don't know yet
exactly what... plus can't see/imagine them bothering to do something
that's only a half-hearted measure either, nope they'll want something
lasting innit...

fuck me, they maybe ARE gonna capture-off the whole of ukraine???

what a shock wave THAT would send right through the west huh!

they's certainly powerful enough to do it! a demonstration of their power!

the 'risk' then being our perhaps trying to somehow 'interfere' with that
that starts a wider conflict...

crazy shit!

Re: Ukraine crisis: Biden talks to allies as US warns Russia could invade ‘at any time’

<6fdb05bd-7508-4561-a0b4-87c1710d65d9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2467&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#2467

Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 13:45:45 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_Ukraine_crisis:_Biden_talks_to_allies_as_US_warn
s_Russia_could_invade_‘at_any_time’
From: allready...@gmail.com (chris rodgers)
 by: chris rodgers - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 21:45 UTC

On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 10:45:48 AM UTC-8, slider wrote:
> [...]
>
> maybe capturing the 'whole' of ukraine IS what's on the cards then! coz
> that would certainly be 'one' way to bring nato's progress to a halt! nato
> would then very clearly 'end' at the border OF a ukraine later to be ruled
> by a russia proxy - could be!
>
> but this is all just speculation huh, the russians will defo do
> 'something' (because they have no other choice!) we just don't know yet
> exactly what... plus can't see/imagine them bothering to do something
> that's only a half-hearted measure either, nope they'll want something
> lasting innit...
>
> fuck me, they maybe ARE gonna capture-off the whole of ukraine???
>
> what a shock wave THAT would send right through the west huh!
>
> they's certainly powerful enough to do it! a demonstration of their power!
>
> the 'risk' then being our perhaps trying to somehow 'interfere' with that

yeah it looks like Russian is gonna start some shit.
place your bets, might be the last bet you make if
this war turns into a nuclear nightmare. When is a
good time to start? Kickoff time at the Superbowl.
The flag is up. Who is gonna die?

Re: Ukraine crisis: Biden talks to allies as US warns Russia could invade ‘at any time’

<op.1hgprofy7eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2468&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#2468

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Re:
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 05:34:26 -0000
 by: slider - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 05:34 UTC

>> crazy shit!

> yeah it looks like Russian is gonna start some shit.
> place your bets, might be the last bet you make if
> this war turns into a nuclear nightmare. When is a
> good time to start? Kickoff time at the Superbowl.
> The flag is up. Who is gonna die?

### - oh boy, their war-games computers must be running at fill tilt on
both sides at the moment huh... examining every possible what-if scenario
and counter-move?

in one of those movies, the west detonates a small field nuke over the
advancing russian army in europe, the russians take out a couple of
warships in return and then it all goes quiet... the next morning however
there's an international exchange and the whole world goes to hell...

https://youtu.be/s4VlruVG81w?t=10

(well, how ELSE are the 'meek' eventually gonna inherit the earth
otherwise eh?)

"and if i don't see you again in this world,
i'll meet you on the next one don't be late"

--jimi ;)

Re: Ukraine crisis: Biden talks to allies as US warns Russia could invade ‘at any time’

<caf9d15a-111e-4ea1-9342-27188f79d372n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2470&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#2470

Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 07:03:32 -0800 (PST)
s_Russia_could_invade_‘at_any_time’
From: allready...@gmail.com (chris rodgers)
 by: chris rodgers - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 15:03 UTC

On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 9:34:48 PM UTC-8, slider wrote:
> >> crazy shit!
>
> > yeah it looks like Russian is gonna start some shit.
> > place your bets, might be the last bet you make if
> > this war turns into a nuclear nightmare. When is a
> > good time to start? Kickoff time at the Superbowl.
> > The flag is up. Who is gonna die?
> ### - oh boy, their war-games computers must be running at fill tilt on
> both sides at the moment huh... examining every possible what-if scenario
> and counter-move?
>
> in one of those movies, the west detonates a small field nuke over the
> advancing russian army in europe, the russians take out a couple of
> warships in return and then it all goes quiet... the next morning however
> there's an international exchange and the whole world goes to hell...
>
> https://youtu.be/s4VlruVG81w?t=10
>
> (well, how ELSE are the 'meek' eventually gonna inherit the earth
> otherwise eh?)
>
> "and if i don't see you again in this world,
> i'll meet you on the next one don't be late"
>
> --jimi ;)
busy here boss cleaning the doors of perception.
what else can a poor boy do?

Re: Ukraine crisis: Biden talks to allies as US warns Russia could invade ‘at any time’

<op.1hhicafu7eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2471&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#2471

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 15:51:36 -0000
 by: slider - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 15:51 UTC

> busy here boss cleaning the doors of perception.
> what else can a poor boy do?

### - if it happens it happens... oddly enough, have become fixated on
purely practical matters?

fixing the car while nukes are going-off all around being the not-doing of
crapping myself otherwise i suppose ahaha :)))

there's nada anyone can do now bud, except observe... have been walkin'
around just lookin' at things for example (one last journey for the eyes
alone perhaps) thinking damn, all this might not be here tomorrow and no
one even seems to notice...

if'n ya have them it's perhaps a time to be with family, to look after 'em
+ keep them from fretting about things no one can do shit about anyway, to
be an ocean of calm in a storm...

and to thoroughly enjoy those last few strawberries ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IsSpAOD6K8

peace...