People respond to people who respond.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: OT infant formula shortage

SubjectAuthor
* OT infant formula shortagemicky
+* OT infant formula shortageFrank
|`* OT infant formula shortageEd Pawlowski
| `- OT infant formula shortagedanny burstein
+* OT infant formula shortageBob F
|`* OT infant formula shortageFrank
| `* OT infant formula shortageScott Lurndal
|  +* OT infant formula shortageBob F
|  |+* OT infant formula shortageFrank
|  ||`* OT infant formula shortageScott Lurndal
|  || +* OT infant formula shortageFrank
|  || |+* OT infant formula shortageEd Pawlowski
|  || ||+- OT infant formula shortageBob F
|  || ||+* OT infant formula shortageClare Snyder
|  || |||`- OT infant formula shortageFrank
|  || ||+- OT infant formula shortageFrank
|  || ||`- OT infant formula shortagetrader_4
|  || |`* OT infant formula shortagetrader_4
|  || | `* OT infant formula shortageFrank
|  || |  `* OT infant formula shortagetrader_4
|  || |   `* OT infant formula shortageFrank
|  || |    `* OT infant formula shortagetrader_4
|  || |     `* OT infant formula shortageJohn A. Smith
|  || |      `- OT infant formula shortageEd Pawlowski
|  || +* OT infant formula shortageRod Speed
|  || |`- OT infant formula shortageFrank
|  || `* OT infant formula shortagetrader_4
|  ||  `- OT infant formula shortagelacksey
|  |`- OT infant formula shortagetrader_4
|  `- OT infant formula shortagetrader_4
+- OT infant formula shortageScott Lurndal
+* OT infant formula shortageDean Hoffman
|`* OT infant formula shortagemicky
| +* OT infant formula shortagedanny burstein
| |+- OT infant formula shortageBob F
| |+- OT infant formula shortageEd Pawlowski
| |`- OT infant formula shortagemicky
| +- OT infant formula shortageEd Pawlowski
| +* OT infant formula shortageClare Snyder
| |`* OT infant formula shortageSnag
| | +* OT infant formula shortageEd Pawlowski
| | |+- OT infant formula shortagelacksey
| | |`* OT infant formula shortageSnag
| | | +* OT infant formula shortagerbowman
| | | +- OT infant formula shortagemicky
| | | `* OT infant formula shortagelacksey
| | |  `- OT infant formula shortageSnag
| | `- OT infant formula shortageClare Snyder
| `- OT infant formula shortageDean Hoffman
+- OT infant formula shortageRod Speed
`- OT infant formula shortageDean Hoffman

Pages:123
OT infant formula shortage

<ots48hdhqnf8akie6isblsg347sg0gpfen@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24711&group=alt.home.repair#24711

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: OT infant formula shortage
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 18:58:42 +0300
 by: micky - Mon, 16 May 2022 15:58 UTC

Have you all heard that the current infant formula shortage is predicted
to last the rest of the calendar year.

And I haven't heard all the discussion of this, but have any of you
heard, or noticed the absence of, the suggestion that women who can
breast-feed their babies, and that women who stopped but not because of
impossibilty, restart their lactation. Or at least try to.

If there is a 10% shortage and 11% more women breastfeed, iiuc that
would eliminate for the most part the shortage, searching all over town
for formula (which if it's hard to find now it will be much harder to
find tomorrow after people spent today searching all over town.)

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<t5tss0$t6l$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24712&group=alt.home.repair#24712

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: OT infant formula shortage
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 12:07:26 -0400
 by: Frank - Mon, 16 May 2022 16:07 UTC

On 5/16/2022 11:58 AM, micky wrote:
> Have you all heard that the current infant formula shortage is predicted
> to last the rest of the calendar year.
>
> And I haven't heard all the discussion of this, but have any of you
> heard, or noticed the absence of, the suggestion that women who can
> breast-feed their babies, and that women who stopped but not because of
> impossibilty, restart their lactation. Or at least try to.
>
> If there is a 10% shortage and 11% more women breastfeed, iiuc that
> would eliminate for the most part the shortage, searching all over town
> for formula (which if it's hard to find now it will be much harder to
> find tomorrow after people spent today searching all over town.)

There are those that would have a problem with this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/04/us/politics/pete-chasten-buttigieg-children.html

No problem with the poor immigrants at the border:

https://nypost.com/2022/05/12/border-detention-center-has-baby-formula-amid-shortage-photos/

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<t5tth4$31l$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24714&group=alt.home.repair#24714

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 09:18:42 -0700
 by: Bob F - Mon, 16 May 2022 16:18 UTC

On 5/16/2022 8:58 AM, micky wrote:
> Have you all heard that the current infant formula shortage is predicted
> to last the rest of the calendar year.
>
> And I haven't heard all the discussion of this, but have any of you
> heard, or noticed the absence of, the suggestion that women who can
> breast-feed their babies, and that women who stopped but not because of
> impossibilty, restart their lactation. Or at least try to.
>
> If there is a 10% shortage and 11% more women breastfeed, iiuc that
> would eliminate for the most part the shortage, searching all over town
> for formula (which if it's hard to find now it will be much harder to
> find tomorrow after people spent today searching all over town.)

The "pro-life" Repubs are pushing a new solution. Deny legally required
formula to babies held in captivity at the borders and give it to "real
americans". So what if the captive babies die.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<GTugK.17702$5gkf.10268@fx37.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24715&group=alt.home.repair#24715

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 12:23:01 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Mon, 16 May 2022 16:23 UTC

On 5/16/2022 12:07 PM, Frank wrote:
> On 5/16/2022 11:58 AM, micky wrote:
>> Have you all heard that the current infant formula shortage is predicted
>> to last the rest of the calendar year.
>>
>> And I haven't heard all the discussion of this, but have any of you
>> heard, or noticed the absence of, the suggestion that women who can
>> breast-feed their babies, and that women who stopped but not because of
>> impossibilty, restart their lactation.  Or at least try to.
>>
>> If there is a 10% shortage and 11% more women breastfeed, iiuc that
>> would eliminate for the most part the shortage, searching all over town
>> for formula (which if it's hard to find now it will be much harder to
>> find tomorrow after people spent today searching all over town.)
>
> There are those that would have a problem with this:
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/04/us/politics/pete-chasten-buttigieg-children.html
>

> No problem with the poor immigrants at the border:
>
> https://nypost.com/2022/05/12/border-detention-center-has-baby-formula-amid-shortage-photos/

Maybe. How long has that stuff been there? Was it before
Abbot stopped production?

Why have we not lifted the restrictions on importing?

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<t5ttt4$54k$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24716&group=alt.home.repair#24716

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 12:25:06 -0400
 by: Frank - Mon, 16 May 2022 16:25 UTC

On 5/16/2022 12:18 PM, Bob F wrote:
> On 5/16/2022 8:58 AM, micky wrote:
>> Have you all heard that the current infant formula shortage is predicted
>> to last the rest of the calendar year.
>>
>> And I haven't heard all the discussion of this, but have any of you
>> heard, or noticed the absence of, the suggestion that women who can
>> breast-feed their babies, and that women who stopped but not because of
>> impossibilty, restart their lactation.  Or at least try to.
>>
>> If there is a 10% shortage and 11% more women breastfeed, iiuc that
>> would eliminate for the most part the shortage, searching all over town
>> for formula (which if it's hard to find now it will be much harder to
>> find tomorrow after people spent today searching all over town.)
>
> The "pro-life" Repubs are pushing a new solution. Deny legally required
> formula to babies held in captivity at the borders and give it to "real
> americans". So what if the captive babies die.

No, close the border to illegal immigration.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<t5tu7b$rpl$1@reader1.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24717&group=alt.home.repair#24717

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 16:30:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Mon, 16 May 2022 16:30 UTC

[snip]

>> No problem with the poor immigrants at the border:
>>
>> https://nypost.com/2022/05/12/border-detention-center-has-baby-formula-amid-shortage-photos/

a: If you're (that is, the gov't) going to imprison people
at the border crossings, it has a moral, and oh, legal mandate,
to feed them.

b: The Administration under the auspices of TFG did so, too

and

c: Those pictures are of NIDO, which is not, not, NOT "baby formula".
You and your Leaders Of Hate can't even get your props right

(NIDO is, well, fuck it, look it up yourself).

dannyb@panix.com

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<63vgK.5449$C7G6.1311@fx46.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24718&group=alt.home.repair#24718

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 16:35:14 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Mon, 16 May 2022 16:35 UTC

micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> writes:
>Have you all heard that the current infant formula shortage is predicted
>to last the rest of the calendar year.

https://mothersmilk.org/

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<g4vgK.5470$C7G6.1161@fx46.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24719&group=alt.home.repair#24719

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 16:36:28 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Mon, 16 May 2022 16:36 UTC

Frank <"frank "@frank.net> writes:
>On 5/16/2022 12:18 PM, Bob F wrote:
>> On 5/16/2022 8:58 AM, micky wrote:
>>> Have you all heard that the current infant formula shortage is predicted
>>> to last the rest of the calendar year.
>>>
>>> And I haven't heard all the discussion of this, but have any of you
>>> heard, or noticed the absence of, the suggestion that women who can
>>> breast-feed their babies, and that women who stopped but not because of
>>> impossibilty, restart their lactation.  Or at least try to.
>>>
>>> If there is a 10% shortage and 11% more women breastfeed, iiuc that
>>> would eliminate for the most part the shortage, searching all over town
>>> for formula (which if it's hard to find now it will be much harder to
>>> find tomorrow after people spent today searching all over town.)
>>
>> The "pro-life" Repubs are pushing a new solution. Deny legally required
>> formula to babies held in captivity at the borders and give it to "real
>> americans". So what if the captive babies die.
>
>No, close the border to illegal immigration.

The border has been closed to illegal immigration for almost
a century.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<6d0ad2b9-8f24-446f-afc8-2694b28abbf8n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24720&group=alt.home.repair#24720

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 10:12:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: deanh6...@gmail.com (Dean Hoffman)
 by: Dean Hoffman - Mon, 16 May 2022 17:12 UTC

On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 10:58:50 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
> Have you all heard that the current infant formula shortage is predicted
> to last the rest of the calendar year.
>
> And I haven't heard all the discussion of this, but have any of you
> heard, or noticed the absence of, the suggestion that women who can
> breast-feed their babies, and that women who stopped but not because of
> impossibilty, restart their lactation. Or at least try to.
>
> If there is a 10% shortage and 11% more women breastfeed, iiuc that
> would eliminate for the most part the shortage, searching all over town
> for formula (which if it's hard to find now it will be much harder to
> find tomorrow after people spent today searching all over town.)

Cow's milk is ok for babies a year old and up for the most part.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<t5u1eh$ku$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24722&group=alt.home.repair#24722

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 10:25:37 -0700
 by: Bob F - Mon, 16 May 2022 17:25 UTC

On 5/16/2022 9:36 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> Frank <"frank "@frank.net> writes:

>>> The "pro-life" Repubs are pushing a new solution. Deny legally required
>>> formula to babies held in captivity at the borders and give it to "real
>>> americans". So what if the captive babies die.
>>
>> No, close the border to illegal immigration.
>
> The border has been closed to illegal immigration for almost
> a century.

So, we are arresting people crossing the border at record rates. What
does frankie propose? Ignore all the related laws? Just shoot them all?
What are his limits?

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<t5u1ui$5fo$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24723&group=alt.home.repair#24723

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 13:34:07 -0400
 by: Frank - Mon, 16 May 2022 17:34 UTC

On 5/16/2022 1:25 PM, Bob F wrote:
> On 5/16/2022 9:36 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
>> Frank <"frank "@frank.net> writes:

>>> No, close the border to illegal immigration.
>>
>> The border has been closed to illegal immigration for almost
>> a century.
>
> So, we are arresting people crossing the border at record rates. What
> does frankie propose? Ignore all the related laws?  Just shoot them all?
> What are his limits?

You send them back where they came from. Are you too stupid to realize
that? That is a rhetorical question for you clowns.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<24wgK.28052$6dof.23458@fx13.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24724&group=alt.home.repair#24724

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 17:44:30 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Mon, 16 May 2022 17:44 UTC

Frank <"frank "@frank.net> writes:
>On 5/16/2022 1:25 PM, Bob F wrote:

>>> The border has been closed to illegal immigration for almost
>>> a century.
>>
>> So, we are arresting people crossing the border at record rates. What
>> does frankie propose? Ignore all the related laws?  Just shoot them all?
>> What are his limits?
>
>You send them back where they came from. Are you too stupid to realize
>that? That is a rhetorical question for you clowns.

We've been sending them back for almost a century. They just try again.g

If you want them to stay where they are, help their parent countries create
jobs locally so they won't have to leave. Help their parent country
develop societies with strong protections for their citizens. Help the
countries become somewhere people want to stay, rather than leave.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<t5u34c$fim$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24725&group=alt.home.repair#24725

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 13:54:17 -0400
 by: Frank - Mon, 16 May 2022 17:54 UTC

On 5/16/2022 1:44 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> Frank <"frank "@frank.net> writes:

>>> So, we are arresting people crossing the border at record rates. What
>>> does frankie propose? Ignore all the related laws?  Just shoot them all?
>>> What are his limits?
>>
>> You send them back where they came from. Are you too stupid to realize
>> that? That is a rhetorical question for you clowns.
>
> We've been sending them back for almost a century. They just try again.g
>
> If you want them to stay where they are, help their parent countries create
> jobs locally so they won't have to leave. Help their parent country
> develop societies with strong protections for their citizens. Help the
> countries become somewhere people want to stay, rather than leave.

We are not sending them back. We let them stay. We give them cell
phones so we can call them when their court date is due. Big g to you.
They just don't show up. We take care of them and bus and fly them
dumping them around the country.

I do not know how true it is but someone said that nearly 20 percent of
people in the US are here illegally.

You clowns know this is true yet do the bidding of your democrat leaders.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<clwgK.10531$ed43.10239@fx99.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24726&group=alt.home.repair#24726

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 14:02:47 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Mon, 16 May 2022 18:02 UTC

On 5/16/2022 1:54 PM, Frank wrote:
> On 5/16/2022 1:44 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
>> Frank <"frank "@frank.net> writes:

>>> You send them back where they came from.  Are you too stupid to realize
>>> that?  That is a rhetorical question for you clowns.
>>
>> We've been sending them back for almost a century.  They just try again.g
>>
>> If you want them to stay where they are, help their parent countries
>> create
>> jobs locally so they won't have to leave.   Help their parent country
>> develop societies with strong protections for their citizens.  Help the
>> countries become somewhere people want to stay, rather than leave.
>

> We are not sending them back.  We let them stay.  We give them cell
> phones so we can call them when their court date is due.  Big g to you.
> They just don't show up. We take care of them and bus and fly them
> dumping them around the country.
>
> I do not know how true it is but someone said that nearly 20 percent of
> people in the US are here illegally.
>
> You clowns know this is true yet do the bidding of your democrat leaders.

Right. Under Republican leadership not a single illegal entered the
country. Am I right?

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<t5u65r$6s2$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24728&group=alt.home.repair#24728

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 11:46:19 -0700
 by: Bob F - Mon, 16 May 2022 18:46 UTC

On 5/16/2022 11:02 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/16/2022 1:54 PM, Frank wrote:

>>> We've been sending them back for almost a century.  They just try
>>> again.g
>>>
>>> If you want them to stay where they are, help their parent countries
>>> create
>>> jobs locally so they won't have to leave.   Help their parent country
>>> develop societies with strong protections for their citizens.  Help the
>>> countries become somewhere people want to stay, rather than leave.
>>

>> We are not sending them back.  We let them stay.  We give them cell
>> phones so we can call them when their court date is due.  Big g to
>> you. They just don't show up. We take care of them and bus and fly
>> them dumping them around the country.
>>
>> I do not know how true it is but someone said that nearly 20 percent
>> of people in the US are here illegally.
>>
>> You clowns know this is true yet do the bidding of your democrat leaders.
>
> Right.  Under Republican leadership not a single illegal entered the
> country.  Am I right?

"Someone said" says it all. Pure nonsense.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<in858hpjrv1i761a1fp0l444v3h54r08nb@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24730&group=alt.home.repair#24730

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 22:23:06 +0300
 by: micky - Mon, 16 May 2022 19:23 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 16 May 2022 10:12:05 -0700 (PDT), Dean
Hoffman <deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 10:58:50 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
>> Have you all heard that the current infant formula shortage is predicted
>> to last the rest of the calendar year.
>>
>> And I haven't heard all the discussion of this, but have any of you
>> heard, or noticed the absence of, the suggestion that women who can
>> breast-feed their babies, and that women who stopped but not because of
>> impossibilty, restart their lactation. Or at least try to.
>>
>> If there is a 10% shortage and 11% more women breastfeed, iiuc that
>> would eliminate for the most part the shortage, searching all over town
>> for formula (which if it's hard to find now it will be much harder to
>> find tomorrow after people spent today searching all over town.)
>
> Cow's milk is ok for babies a year old and up for the most part.

Yes, I heard that. And they can start on solid food a little at 4
months, So I'm not sure how many women could actually restart their
lactation before the baby dooesn't need it anymore. But I think some
could because aiui some women have done this in the past even when there
was no shortage.

I think a competent woman who is giving birth this month or last month
or two months ago should not stop nursing now. It's inconvenient,
especially if she has a job, but women do it and it's better than seeing
the baby go hungry or paying an arm and a leg, or using one's greater
supply of money to keep others who are unable to nurse from getting
forula.

They could help solve this problem for everyone

Every pint of mother's milk that a baby doesn't suckle from his mother
is one pint taken from the limited supply of formula. Every pint he
does suck out of his mother is one more pint to relieve the shortage.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<t5uacu$r1b$1@reader1.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24731&group=alt.home.repair#24731

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 19:58:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Mon, 16 May 2022 19:58 UTC

In <in858hpjrv1i761a1fp0l444v3h54r08nb@4ax.com> micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> writes:

[snip]
>I think a competent woman who is giving birth this month or last month
>or two months ago should not stop nursing now.

Damn, you're a misogynist, asshole, control freak.

dannyb@panix.com

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<KjygK.7792$x1Wf.4220@fx10.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24732&group=alt.home.repair#24732

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 16:17:46 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Mon, 16 May 2022 20:17 UTC

On 5/16/2022 3:23 PM, micky wrote:

> I think a competent woman who is giving birth this month or last month
> or two months ago should not stop nursing now. It's inconvenient,
> especially if she has a job, but women do it and it's better than seeing
> the baby go hungry or paying an arm and a leg, or using one's greater
> supply of money to keep others who are unable to nurse from getting
> forula.
>
> They could help solve this problem for everyone
>
> Every pint of mother's milk that a baby doesn't suckle from his mother
> is one pint taken from the limited supply of formula. Every pint he
> does suck out of his mother is one more pint to relieve the shortage.

The local hospital said they are OK for now. I would think right now
they would encourage breast feeding to eliminate problems in a few
weeks. 83% start out but it drops after a couple of months.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<t5ubno$jkl$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24733&group=alt.home.repair#24733

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 13:21:10 -0700
 by: Bob F - Mon, 16 May 2022 20:21 UTC

On 5/16/2022 12:58 PM, danny burstein wrote:
> In <in858hpjrv1i761a1fp0l444v3h54r08nb@4ax.com> micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> writes:
>
> [snip]
>> I think a competent woman who is giving birth this month or last month
>> or two months ago should not stop nursing now.
>
> Damn, you're a misogynist, asshole, control freak.

Other than that, he is probably right that they should think about it,
since the alternative could be way worse with current production problems.

"Baby formula factory still months away from production

Similac maker said it can resume work within two weeks of FDA clearance
but restocking stores will take months

May 14, 2022|Updated May 14, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. EDT

The Abbott Nutrition factory has been closed for over three months after
a federal inspection. (Sam Easter for The Washington Post)

Three and a half months after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
began an inspection and shutdown of the Sturgis, Mich., facility of
Abbott Nutrition, machinery is still silent, with no infant formula
rolling off the production line.

On the north side of the city of 10,000, nestled between the local
airport and a residential neighborhood, Abbott is among the biggest
employers in the region. Locals say they were shocked by allegations of
unsanitary conditions that led to the shutdown, which has drastically
reduced the availability of formula across the country and left parents
scrambling to feed their newborns.

“In the past, the employees would even talk about how, like, they’d have
to gear up. And boy, if you went and touched something, you’d have to
gear up again. So it really threw me for a loop when I heard about it,”
said Cindy Conrod, standing behind the counter at her downtown Sturgis
appliance shop."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/05/14/baby-formula-shortage-sturgis/

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<4nygK.7793$x1Wf.3916@fx10.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24734&group=alt.home.repair#24734

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 16:21:20 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Mon, 16 May 2022 20:21 UTC

On 5/16/2022 3:58 PM, danny burstein wrote:
> In <in858hpjrv1i761a1fp0l444v3h54r08nb@4ax.com> micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> writes:
>
> [snip]
>> I think a competent woman who is giving birth this month or last month
>> or two months ago should not stop nursing now.
>
> Damn, you're a misogynist, asshole, control freak.

Seems you have the wrong person as asshole. Smart people don't take
risks with children when they have a guaranteed supply of food for the
kid.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<mud58hh2aps8honhng8s0sv7ctborggrd9@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24735&group=alt.home.repair#24735

From: cla...@snyder.on.ca (Clare Snyder)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 16:47:43 -0400
 by: Clare Snyder - Mon, 16 May 2022 20:47 UTC

On Mon, 16 May 2022 14:02:47 -0400, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>On 5/16/2022 1:54 PM, Frank wrote:

>>> We've been sending them back for almost a century.  They just try again.g
>>>
>>> If you want them to stay where they are, help their parent countries
>>> create
>>> jobs locally so they won't have to leave.   Help their parent country
>>> develop societies with strong protections for their citizens.  Help the
>>> countries become somewhere people want to stay, rather than leave.
>>

>> We are not sending them back.  We let them stay.  We give them cell
>> phones so we can call them when their court date is due.  Big g to you.
>> They just don't show up. We take care of them and bus and fly them
>> dumping them around the country.
>>
>> I do not know how true it is but someone said that nearly 20 percent of
>> people in the US are here illegally.
>>
>> You clowns know this is true yet do the bidding of your democrat leaders.
>
>Right. Under Republican leadership not a single illegal entered the
>country. Am I right?

And 20% of recent immigrants may be here illegally - but CERTAINLY NOT
20% of American residents not going to presime to say who you voted
for (not you, Ed, but the joker you were responding to) but give your
MAGA head a shake!!!!

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<a5e58ht7sq247281e24nfv6ug66636nmc2@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24737&group=alt.home.repair#24737

From: cla...@snyder.on.ca (Clare Snyder)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 16:50:13 -0400
 by: Clare Snyder - Mon, 16 May 2022 20:50 UTC

On Mon, 16 May 2022 22:23:06 +0300, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com>
wrote:

>In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 16 May 2022 10:12:05 -0700 (PDT), Dean
>Hoffman <deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 10:58:50 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
>>> Have you all heard that the current infant formula shortage is predicted
>>> to last the rest of the calendar year.
>>>
>>> And I haven't heard all the discussion of this, but have any of you
>>> heard, or noticed the absence of, the suggestion that women who can
>>> breast-feed their babies, and that women who stopped but not because of
>>> impossibilty, restart their lactation. Or at least try to.
>>>
>>> If there is a 10% shortage and 11% more women breastfeed, iiuc that
>>> would eliminate for the most part the shortage, searching all over town
>>> for formula (which if it's hard to find now it will be much harder to
>>> find tomorrow after people spent today searching all over town.)
>>
>> Cow's milk is ok for babies a year old and up for the most part.
>
>Yes, I heard that. And they can start on solid food a little at 4
>months, So I'm not sure how many women could actually restart their
>lactation before the baby dooesn't need it anymore. But I think some
>could because aiui some women have done this in the past even when there
>was no shortage.
>
>I think a competent woman who is giving birth this month or last month
>or two months ago should not stop nursing now. It's inconvenient,
>especially if she has a job, but women do it and it's better than seeing
>the baby go hungry or paying an arm and a leg, or using one's greater
>supply of money to keep others who are unable to nurse from getting
>forula.
>
>They could help solve this problem for everyone
>
>Every pint of mother's milk that a baby doesn't suckle from his mother
>is one pint taken from the limited supply of formula. Every pint he
>does suck out of his mother is one more pint to relieve the shortage.
and sadly there are some for whom nursing is NOT an option
My 2 kids would have starved without a wet-nurse if formula was not
available

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<XdAgK.6359$SWc6.2489@fx44.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24739&group=alt.home.repair#24739

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 17:28:06 -0500
 by: Snag - Mon, 16 May 2022 22:28 UTC

On 5/16/2022 3:50 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
> On Mon, 16 May 2022 22:23:06 +0300, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com>
> wrote:
>
>> In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 16 May 2022 10:12:05 -0700 (PDT), Dean
>> Hoffman <deanh6929@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Cow's milk is ok for babies a year old and up for the most part.
>>
>> Yes, I heard that. And they can start on solid food a little at 4
>> months, So I'm not sure how many women could actually restart their
>> lactation before the baby dooesn't need it anymore. But I think some
>> could because aiui some women have done this in the past even when there
>> was no shortage.
>>
>> I think a competent woman who is giving birth this month or last month
>> or two months ago should not stop nursing now. It's inconvenient,
>> especially if she has a job, but women do it and it's better than seeing
>> the baby go hungry or paying an arm and a leg, or using one's greater
>> supply of money to keep others who are unable to nurse from getting
>> forula.
>>
>> They could help solve this problem for everyone
>>
>> Every pint of mother's milk that a baby doesn't suckle from his mother
>> is one pint taken from the limited supply of formula. Every pint he
>> does suck out of his mother is one more pint to relieve the shortage.
> and sadly there are some for whom nursing is NOT an option
> My 2 kids would have starved without a wet-nurse if formula was not
> available

Oh bullshit Clare . Millions of babies drank condensed
milk/water/little bit of corn syrup "formula" . Can't say for certain
since my mother's dead , but I give you better than even odds I had that
stuff as a baby .
--
Snag
My rights don't end

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<t5uj8h$846$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24740&group=alt.home.repair#24740

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 18:29:37 -0400
 by: Frank - Mon, 16 May 2022 22:29 UTC

On 5/16/2022 2:02 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/16/2022 1:54 PM, Frank wrote:

>>> We've been sending them back for almost a century.  They just try
>>> again.g
>>>
>>> If you want them to stay where they are, help their parent countries
>>> create
>>> jobs locally so they won't have to leave.   Help their parent country
>>> develop societies with strong protections for their citizens.  Help the
>>> countries become somewhere people want to stay, rather than leave.
>>

>> We are not sending them back.  We let them stay.  We give them cell
>> phones so we can call them when their court date is due.  Big g to
>> you. They just don't show up. We take care of them and bus and fly
>> them dumping them around the country.
>>
>> I do not know how true it is but someone said that nearly 20 percent
>> of people in the US are here illegally.
>>
>> You clowns know this is true yet do the bidding of your democrat leaders.
>
> Right.  Under Republican leadership not a single illegal entered the
> country.  Am I right?

A trickle is not a flood.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<t5ujd9$846$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24741&group=alt.home.repair#24741

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 18:32:09 -0400
 by: Frank - Mon, 16 May 2022 22:32 UTC

On 5/16/2022 4:47 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
> On Mon, 16 May 2022 14:02:47 -0400, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>>> We are not sending them back.  We let them stay.  We give them cell
>>> phones so we can call them when their court date is due.  Big g to you.
>>> They just don't show up. We take care of them and bus and fly them
>>> dumping them around the country.
>>>
>>> I do not know how true it is but someone said that nearly 20 percent of
>>> people in the US are here illegally.
>>>
>>> You clowns know this is true yet do the bidding of your democrat leaders.
>>
>> Right. Under Republican leadership not a single illegal entered the
>> country. Am I right?
>

> And 20% of recent immigrants may be here illegally - but CERTAINLY NOT
> 20% of American residents not going to presime to say who you voted
> for (not you, Ed, but the joker you were responding to) but give your
> MAGA head a shake!!!!

Ed is not a MAGA but nowhere near as bad a commie bob and his fellow
travelers.