The only difference between a rut and a grave is their dimensions.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: OT infant formula shortage

SubjectAuthor
* OT infant formula shortagemicky
+* OT infant formula shortageFrank
|`* OT infant formula shortageEd Pawlowski
| `- OT infant formula shortagedanny burstein
+* OT infant formula shortageBob F
|`* OT infant formula shortageFrank
| `* OT infant formula shortageScott Lurndal
|  +* OT infant formula shortageBob F
|  |+* OT infant formula shortageFrank
|  ||`* OT infant formula shortageScott Lurndal
|  || +* OT infant formula shortageFrank
|  || |+* OT infant formula shortageEd Pawlowski
|  || ||+- OT infant formula shortageBob F
|  || ||+* OT infant formula shortageClare Snyder
|  || |||`- OT infant formula shortageFrank
|  || ||+- OT infant formula shortageFrank
|  || ||`- OT infant formula shortagetrader_4
|  || |`* OT infant formula shortagetrader_4
|  || | `* OT infant formula shortageFrank
|  || |  `* OT infant formula shortagetrader_4
|  || |   `* OT infant formula shortageFrank
|  || |    `* OT infant formula shortagetrader_4
|  || |     `* OT infant formula shortageJohn A. Smith
|  || |      `- OT infant formula shortageEd Pawlowski
|  || +* OT infant formula shortageRod Speed
|  || |`- OT infant formula shortageFrank
|  || `* OT infant formula shortagetrader_4
|  ||  `- OT infant formula shortagelacksey
|  |`- OT infant formula shortagetrader_4
|  `- OT infant formula shortagetrader_4
+- OT infant formula shortageScott Lurndal
+* OT infant formula shortageDean Hoffman
|`* OT infant formula shortagemicky
| +* OT infant formula shortagedanny burstein
| |+- OT infant formula shortageBob F
| |+- OT infant formula shortageEd Pawlowski
| |`- OT infant formula shortagemicky
| +- OT infant formula shortageEd Pawlowski
| +* OT infant formula shortageClare Snyder
| |`* OT infant formula shortageSnag
| | +* OT infant formula shortageEd Pawlowski
| | |+- OT infant formula shortagelacksey
| | |`* OT infant formula shortageSnag
| | | +* OT infant formula shortagerbowman
| | | +- OT infant formula shortagemicky
| | | `* OT infant formula shortagelacksey
| | |  `- OT infant formula shortageSnag
| | `- OT infant formula shortageClare Snyder
| `- OT infant formula shortageDean Hoffman
+- OT infant formula shortageRod Speed
`- OT infant formula shortageDean Hoffman

Pages:123
Re: OT infant formula shortage

<op.1l99balubyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24742&group=alt.home.repair#24742

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: OT infant formula shortage
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 08:41:24 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 16 May 2022 22:41 UTC

micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote

> Have you all heard that the current infant formula shortage is predicted
> to last the rest of the calendar year.

Just because some fool journo claims something...

> And I haven't heard all the discussion of this, but have any of you
> heard, or noticed the absence of, the suggestion that women who can
> breast-feed their babies, and that women who stopped but not because of
> impossibilty, restart their lactation. Or at least try to.

I haven't but it isn't a subject I read posts about for some reason.

> If there is a 10% shortage and 11% more women breastfeed, iiuc that
> would eliminate for the most part the shortage, searching all over town
> for formula (which if it's hard to find now it will be much harder to
> find tomorrow after people spent today searching all over town.)

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<op.1l99z6fcbyq249@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24744&group=alt.home.repair#24744

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 08:56:20 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 16 May 2022 22:56 UTC

On Tue, 17 May 2022 03:44:30 +1000, Scott Lurndal <scott@slp53.sl.home>
wrote:

> Frank <"frank "@frank.net> writes:

>>> So, we are arresting people crossing the border at record rates. What
>>> does frankie propose? Ignore all the related laws? Just shoot them
>>> all?
>>> What are his limits?
>>
>> You send them back where they came from. Are you too stupid to realize
>> that? That is a rhetorical question for you clowns.
>
> We've been sending them back for almost a century. They just try again.g
>
> If you want them to stay where they are, help their parent countries
> create jobs locally so they won't have to leave.

That's what NAFTA did with Mexico. Didn't stop mexican illegals.

> Help their parent country
> develop societies with strong protections for their citizens.

Not even possible. For some odd reason they prefer their own way of doing
things.

> Help the
> countries become somewhere people want to stay, rather than leave.

Ditto. It is never going to be possible to help the countrys they are
leaving
to be as viable as the USA and so illegals will keep moving over the
border.

And it isn't just jobs driving the movement of illegals, with many
of them they are far less likely to get executed in the USA too.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<t5umiv$ql9$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24745&group=alt.home.repair#24745

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 19:26:23 -0400
 by: Frank - Mon, 16 May 2022 23:26 UTC

On 5/16/2022 6:56 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2022 03:44:30 +1000, Scott Lurndal <scott@slp53.sl.home>
> wrote:
>
>> Frank <"frank "@frank.net> writes:

>>> You send them back where they came from.  Are you too stupid to realize
>>> that?  That is a rhetorical question for you clowns.
>>
>> We've been sending them back for almost a century.  They just try again.g
>>
>> If you want them to stay where they are, help their parent countries
>> create  jobs locally so they won't have to leave.
>
> That's what NAFTA did with Mexico. Didn't stop mexican illegals.
>
>> Help their parent country
>> develop societies with strong protections for their citizens.
>
> Not even possible. For some odd reason they prefer their own way of
> doing things.
>
>> Help the
>> countries become somewhere people want to stay, rather than leave.
>
> Ditto. It is never going to be possible to help the countrys they are
> leaving
> to be as viable as the USA and so illegals will keep moving over the
> border.
>
> And it isn't just jobs driving the  movement of illegals, with many
> of them they are far less  likely to get executed in the USA too.

Happened in a friends shop when police came in and arrested a guy for
murder in Mexico.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<ddb7d29c-f4f7-4dea-9997-d5b2e8a0631fn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24746&group=alt.home.repair#24746

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 17:47:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: deanh6...@gmail.com (Dean Hoffman)
 by: Dean Hoffman - Tue, 17 May 2022 00:47 UTC

On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 2:23:14 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
> In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 16 May 2022 10:12:05 -0700 (PDT), Dean
> Hoffman <dean...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 10:58:50 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
> >> Have you all heard that the current infant formula shortage is predicted
> >> to last the rest of the calendar year.
> >>
> >> And I haven't heard all the discussion of this, but have any of you
> >> heard, or noticed the absence of, the suggestion that women who can
> >> breast-feed their babies, and that women who stopped but not because of
> >> impossibilty, restart their lactation. Or at least try to.
> >>
> >> If there is a 10% shortage and 11% more women breastfeed, iiuc that
> >> would eliminate for the most part the shortage, searching all over town
> >> for formula (which if it's hard to find now it will be much harder to
> >> find tomorrow after people spent today searching all over town.)
> >
> > Cow's milk is ok for babies a year old and up for the most part.
> Yes, I heard that. And they can start on solid food a little at 4
> months, So I'm not sure how many women could actually restart their
> lactation before the baby dooesn't need it anymore. But I think some
> could because aiui some women have done this in the past even when there
> was no shortage.
>
> I think a competent woman who is giving birth this month or last month
> or two months ago should not stop nursing now. It's inconvenient,
> especially if she has a job, but women do it and it's better than seeing
> the baby go hungry or paying an arm and a leg, or using one's greater
> supply of money to keep others who are unable to nurse from getting
> forula.
>
> They could help solve this problem for everyone
>
> Every pint of mother's milk that a baby doesn't suckle from his mother
> is one pint taken from the limited supply of formula. Every pint he
> does suck out of his mother is one more pint to relieve the shortage.

Cows' milk for farm babies was probably common way back when. People had their own eggs,
chicken meat, beef, and sometimes pork. Gardens were common also. No idea about formula
use.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<hiCgK.9368$S1e6.1995@fx42.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24747&group=alt.home.repair#24747

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 20:49:17 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Tue, 17 May 2022 00:49 UTC

On 5/16/2022 6:28 PM, Snag wrote:
> On 5/16/2022 3:50 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 May 2022 22:23:06 +0300, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Yes, I heard that.  And they can start on solid food a little at 4
>>> months,  So I'm not sure how many women could actually restart their
>>> lactation before the baby dooesn't need it anymore.   But I think some
>>> could because aiui some women have done this in the past even when there
>>> was no shortage.
>>>
>>> I think a competent woman who is giving birth this month or last month
>>> or two months ago should not stop nursing now.   It's inconvenient,
>>> especially if she has a job, but women do it and it's better than seeing
>>> the baby go hungry or paying an arm and a leg, or using one's greater
>>> supply of money to keep others who are unable to nurse from getting
>>> forula.
>>>
>>> They could help solve this problem for everyone
>>>
>>> Every pint of mother's milk that a baby doesn't suckle from his mother
>>> is one pint taken from the limited supply of formula.   Every pint he
>>> does suck out of his mother is one more pint to relieve the shortage.
>>    and sadly there are some for whom nursing is NOT an option
>> My 2 kids would have starved without a wet-nurse if formula was not
>> available
>>

>   Oh bullshit Clare . Millions of babies drank condensed
> milk/water/little bit of corn syrup "formula" . Can't say for certain
> since my mother's dead , but I give you better than even odds I had that
> stuff as a baby .

Yeah, that explains a lot. Just because they did does not mean it is
smart to do.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<9o268hpl2cdlg4alqv4iuq7b75t4ejqe0c@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24751&group=alt.home.repair#24751

From: cla...@snyder.on.ca (Clare Snyder)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 22:41:37 -0400
 by: Clare Snyder - Tue, 17 May 2022 02:41 UTC

On Mon, 16 May 2022 17:28:06 -0500, Snag <snag_one@msn.com> wrote:

>On 5/16/2022 3:50 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 May 2022 22:23:06 +0300, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Yes, I heard that. And they can start on solid food a little at 4
>>> months, So I'm not sure how many women could actually restart their
>>> lactation before the baby dooesn't need it anymore. But I think some
>>> could because aiui some women have done this in the past even when there
>>> was no shortage.
>>>
>>> I think a competent woman who is giving birth this month or last month
>>> or two months ago should not stop nursing now. It's inconvenient,
>>> especially if she has a job, but women do it and it's better than seeing
>>> the baby go hungry or paying an arm and a leg, or using one's greater
>>> supply of money to keep others who are unable to nurse from getting
>>> forula.
>>>
>>> They could help solve this problem for everyone
>>>
>>> Every pint of mother's milk that a baby doesn't suckle from his mother
>>> is one pint taken from the limited supply of formula. Every pint he
>>> does suck out of his mother is one more pint to relieve the shortage.
>> and sadly there are some for whom nursing is NOT an option
>> My 2 kids would have starved without a wet-nurse if formula was not
>> available
>>

> Oh bullshit Clare . Millions of babies drank condensed
>milk/water/little bit of corn syrup "formula" . Can't say for certain
>since my mother's dead , but I give you better than even odds I had that
>stuff as a baby .
It was still "formula" -

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<op.1manprttx9d686@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24752&group=alt.home.repair#24752

From: lki...@gmail.com (lacksey)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 13:52:29 +1000
 by: lacksey - Tue, 17 May 2022 03:52 UTC

On Tue, 17 May 2022 10:49:17 +1000, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

> On 5/16/2022 6:28 PM, Snag wrote:
>> On 5/16/2022 3:50 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

>>> and sadly there are some for whom nursing is NOT an option
>>> My 2 kids would have starved without a wet-nurse if formula was not
>>> available
>>>
>> Oh bullshit Clare . Millions of babies drank condensed
>> milk/water/little bit of corn syrup "formula" . Can't say for certain
>> since my mother's dead , but I give you better than even odds I had
>> that stuff as a baby .
>
> Yeah, that explains a lot.

No.

> Just because they did does not mean it is smart to do.

But countless millions must have done stuff like that before infant
formula had been invented.

They can't all have used a wet nurse.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<8oe68h172gkpphfgqum1egm7vqedlskicr@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24753&group=alt.home.repair#24753

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 09:17:22 +0300
 by: micky - Tue, 17 May 2022 06:17 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 16 May 2022 19:58:22 -0000 (UTC), danny
burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

>In <in858hpjrv1i761a1fp0l444v3h54r08nb@4ax.com> micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> writes:
>
>[snip]
>>I think a competent woman who is giving birth this month or last month
>>or two months ago should not stop nursing now.
>
>Damn, you're a misogynist, asshole, control freak.

Don't be ridiculous, and 3 times no less.

Misogny, nonsense. I was recommending how a woman can ensure the safety
of her baby in the face of formula shortages.

Asshole, now that's just name-calling with no basis. The basis should
have been in your other two insults, but you have those backwards.

Control freak. I'm not forcing them to do anything or even telling them
more than, say, you ought to wear your seat belt, you ought to get
vaccinated. Do you think satements like that are controlling? In fact
what you quote doesn't tell them to do anything. It just describes a
competent woman.

If you had a wife about to give birth or who did recently, woudn't you
want her to take steps to ensure they health of her baby, and yours?

If you die with small children, is your wife capable of managing the
money you leave behind so the children don't go without, until they're
old enough to make a living on their own?

If there were a tornado while you are out of town, would your wife know
how to protect the children you share? If you were in Ukraine and you
had to go fight the Russians, would your wife know what to do to get to
safety, if you weren't there?

I assume you want a wife who can do these things, who is competent to
protect herself and her/your children even when you're not there.

But you somehow think it's wrong to suggest nursing when there is a
shortage of other food. Stop giving knee-jerk answers and think about
the facts first.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<tvLgK.3339$6y5f.1358@fx40.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24754&group=alt.home.repair#24754

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 06:17:46 -0500
 by: Snag - Tue, 17 May 2022 11:17 UTC

On 5/16/2022 7:49 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/16/2022 6:28 PM, Snag wrote:
>> On 5/16/2022 3:50 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

>>>    and sadly there are some for whom nursing is NOT an option
>>> My 2 kids would have starved without a wet-nurse if formula was not
>>> available
>>>

>>    Oh bullshit Clare . Millions of babies drank condensed
>> milk/water/little bit of corn syrup "formula" . Can't say for certain
>> since my mother's dead , but I give you better than even odds I had
>> that stuff as a baby .
>
> Yeah, that explains a lot.  Just because they did does not mean it is
> smart to do.

Never pass up a chance for an insult do ya Ed . Chances are pretty
good you had the same stuff as a baby . I don't think Similac had been
invented then .
--
Snag
My rights don't end

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<58eb53c5-25d8-496d-ab98-167ad35a53ben@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24759&group=alt.home.repair#24759

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 06:46:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: trad...@optonline.net (trader_4)
 by: trader_4 - Tue, 17 May 2022 13:46 UTC

On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 12:36:34 PM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> Frank <"frank "@frank.net> writes:

> >> The "pro-life" Repubs are pushing a new solution. Deny legally required
> >> formula to babies held in captivity at the borders and give it to "real
> >> americans". So what if the captive babies die.
> >
> >No, close the border to illegal immigration.
> The border has been closed to illegal immigration for almost
> a century.

ROFL. That's quite remarkable, even from you. Keep it up, you Democrats
will pay the price in November.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<jehnb0Fcj5cU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24760&group=alt.home.repair#24760

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 07:47:11 -0600
 by: rbowman - Tue, 17 May 2022 13:47 UTC

On 05/17/2022 05:17 AM, Snag wrote:
> On 5/16/2022 7:49 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Oh bullshit Clare . Millions of babies drank condensed
>>> milk/water/little bit of corn syrup "formula" . Can't say for certain
>>> since my mother's dead , but I give you better than even odds I had
>>> that stuff as a baby .
>>
>> Yeah, that explains a lot. Just because they did does not mean it is
>> smart to do.
>
> Never pass up a chance for an insult do ya Ed . Chances are pretty
> good you had the same stuff as a baby . I don't think Similac had been
> invented then .

https://www.ranker.com/list/nestle-baby-formula-boycott/melissa-sartore

Back in the '70s the usual suspects boycotted Nestle for pushing
expensive formula onto the third world.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/17/business/baby-formula-shortage-gerber-nestle/index.html

I guess they get to wear the white hats now that Biden & Co. have
inverted the relationship.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<e5ecb8dc-64e8-4aa6-9ab2-f0d7b76a86e2n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24761&group=alt.home.repair#24761

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 06:52:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: trad...@optonline.net (trader_4)
 by: trader_4 - Tue, 17 May 2022 13:52 UTC

On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 1:25:43 PM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
> On 5/16/2022 9:36 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> > Frank <"frank "@frank.net> writes:

> >> No, close the border to illegal immigration.
> >
> > The border has been closed to illegal immigration for almost
> > a century.
> So, we are arresting people crossing the border at record rates. What
> does frankie propose? Ignore all the related laws? Just shoot them all?
> What are his limits?

Change the archaic laws to put an end to this BS. Trump acting even with
the archaic laws that are clearly being abused by the vast majority, had the
entry reduced substantially. The open border Democrats proudly reversed
everything he had done. We need new laws that end this BS once and for
all. Like redefining the requirements for asylum and making it clear that you
have to make your case, apply before you ever show up at the border. If you
enter illegally and are caught you are immediately deported and barred from
legal entry for life. That would put an end to the cartels and mules sending
millions of people on dangerous and deadly journeys across thousands of miles.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<837ef219-c075-4d8c-8020-a9e4f9a5b07en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24763&group=alt.home.repair#24763

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 06:57:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: trad...@optonline.net (trader_4)
 by: trader_4 - Tue, 17 May 2022 13:57 UTC

On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 1:44:36 PM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> Frank <"frank "@frank.net> writes:

> >> So, we are arresting people crossing the border at record rates. What
> >> does frankie propose? Ignore all the related laws? Just shoot them all?
> >> What are his limits?
> >
> >You send them back where they came from. Are you too stupid to realize
> >that? That is a rhetorical question for you clowns.
> We've been sending them back for almost a century. They just try again.g
>
> If you want them to stay where they are, help their parent countries create
> jobs locally so they won't have to leave. Help their parent country
> develop societies with strong protections for their citizens. Help the
> countries become somewhere people want to stay, rather than leave.

I's not the US taxpayers burden to fix corrupt countries. We already do plenty
and we're going broke. I still expect to see George Soros or similar ilk start
chartering 747s and bringing in people from all over the world that know the
US is better. Why limit it those that can get to the southern border? Let's
start with Somalia, start those 747s running 24/7. That's what the open
bordder Democrats want. You're going to pay the price in November, just like
Trump and the Republicans did for their stupidity. Maps of the US show that
the Democrats have lost the rural America where they previously did very well
and are losing the suburbs. They rule in the big cities, as you move away
the Republicans rule because people are fed up with your BS.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<7ad858b1-a805-4f34-b076-5077c384eb2cn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24764&group=alt.home.repair#24764

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 07:01:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: trad...@optonline.net (trader_4)
 by: trader_4 - Tue, 17 May 2022 14:01 UTC

On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 1:54:26 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
> On 5/16/2022 1:44 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> > Frank <"frank "@frank.net> writes:

> >> You send them back where they came from. Are you too stupid to realize
> >> that? That is a rhetorical question for you clowns.
> >
> > We've been sending them back for almost a century. They just try again.g
> >
> > If you want them to stay where they are, help their parent countries create
> > jobs locally so they won't have to leave. Help their parent country
> > develop societies with strong protections for their citizens. Help the
> > countries become somewhere people want to stay, rather than leave.
> We are not sending them back. We let them stay. We give them cell
> phones so we can call them when their court date is due. Big g to you.
> They just don't show up. We take care of them and bus and fly them
> dumping them around the country.
>
> I do not know how true it is but someone said that nearly 20 percent of
> people in the US are here illegally.
>
> You clowns know this is true yet do the bidding of your democrat leaders.

When you are right, you are right. Except for that 20 percent number,
I agree with you. Does anyone know how far out the court dates are now?
It was already a couple of years and that was before Biden re-opened the
flood gates. There are 170K waiting at the border for his Title 42 move to
go into effect, at which point they will all come right on in.

I give credit to Abbott in Texas. He was chartering busses to take them
to DC. That should be expanded to the towns of every Democrat in Congress.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<ce979c35-a749-4148-8a50-64ac6db525f0n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24765&group=alt.home.repair#24765

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 07:04:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: trad...@optonline.net (trader_4)
 by: trader_4 - Tue, 17 May 2022 14:04 UTC

On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 2:02:56 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/16/2022 1:54 PM, Frank wrote:

> >> We've been sending them back for almost a century. They just try again.g
> >>
> >> If you want them to stay where they are, help their parent countries
> >> create
> >> jobs locally so they won't have to leave. Help their parent country
> >> develop societies with strong protections for their citizens. Help the
> >> countries become somewhere people want to stay, rather than leave.
> >

> > We are not sending them back. We let them stay. We give them cell
> > phones so we can call them when their court date is due. Big g to you.
> > They just don't show up. We take care of them and bus and fly them
> > dumping them around the country.
> >
> > I do not know how true it is but someone said that nearly 20 percent of
> > people in the US are here illegally.
> >
> > You clowns know this is true yet do the bidding of your democrat leaders.
> Right. Under Republican leadership not a single illegal entered the
> country. Am I right?

No one said not a single one was entering, but there is a huge difference between
the rate Trump had it down to with his measures trying to prevent it and what we
have now. Biden has reversed everything Trump did and put out the welcome mat.
Now he's trying to let in a wave of at least 170K more that have been at the border
eagerly waiting. That's 170K more right there.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<t60d6e$ut5$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24767&group=alt.home.repair#24767

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 10:58:22 -0400
 by: Frank - Tue, 17 May 2022 14:58 UTC

On 5/17/2022 10:01 AM, trader_4 wrote:
> On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 1:54:26 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

>>> We've been sending them back for almost a century. They just try again.g
>>>
>>> If you want them to stay where they are, help their parent countries create
>>> jobs locally so they won't have to leave. Help their parent country
>>> develop societies with strong protections for their citizens. Help the
>>> countries become somewhere people want to stay, rather than leave.
>> We are not sending them back. We let them stay. We give them cell
>> phones so we can call them when their court date is due. Big g to you.
>> They just don't show up. We take care of them and bus and fly them
>> dumping them around the country.
>>
>> I do not know how true it is but someone said that nearly 20 percent of
>> people in the US are here illegally.
>>
>> You clowns know this is true yet do the bidding of your democrat leaders.
>
> When you are right, you are right. Except for that 20 percent number,
> I agree with you. Does anyone know how far out the court dates are now?
> It was already a couple of years and that was before Biden re-opened the
> flood gates. There are 170K waiting at the border for his Title 42 move to
> go into effect, at which point they will all come right on in.
>
> I give credit to Abbott in Texas. He was chartering busses to take them
> to DC. That should be expanded to the towns of every Democrat in Congress.

Always said you cut off your nose to spite your face. You know better
but still voted for Biden. Trump was not my favorite but his program
was and still is.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<f1g78htottvulek4ot9el5afl9ljcb24ou@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24770&group=alt.home.repair#24770

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 18:34:44 +0300
 by: micky - Tue, 17 May 2022 15:34 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 17 May 2022 06:17:46 -0500, Snag
<snag_one@msn.com> wrote:

>On 5/16/2022 7:49 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>>    Oh bullshit Clare . Millions of babies drank condensed
>>> milk/water/little bit of corn syrup "formula" . Can't say for certain
>>> since my mother's dead , but I give you better than even odds I had
>>> that stuff as a baby .
>>
>> Yeah, that explains a lot.  Just because they did does not mean it is
>> smart to do.
>
> Never pass up a chance for an insult do ya Ed . Chances are pretty
>good you had the same stuff as a baby . I don't think Similac had been
>invented then .

Wrong! "In the late 1920s, Alfred Bosworth released Similac (for
"similar to lactation"), and Mead Johnson released Sobee.[97]"

Unless of course Ed is over 93.

More later if I have time.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<b299ded5-f11a-4b57-b677-d06019ef2d97n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24772&group=alt.home.repair#24772

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 08:54:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: trad...@optonline.net (trader_4)
 by: trader_4 - Tue, 17 May 2022 15:54 UTC

On Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 10:58:28 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
> On 5/17/2022 10:01 AM, trader_4 wrote:

> >> We are not sending them back. We let them stay. We give them cell
> >> phones so we can call them when their court date is due. Big g to you.
> >> They just don't show up. We take care of them and bus and fly them
> >> dumping them around the country.
> >>
> >> I do not know how true it is but someone said that nearly 20 percent of
> >> people in the US are here illegally.
> >>
> >> You clowns know this is true yet do the bidding of your democrat leaders.
> >
> > When you are right, you are right. Except for that 20 percent number,
> > I agree with you. Does anyone know how far out the court dates are now?
> > It was already a couple of years and that was before Biden re-opened the
> > flood gates. There are 170K waiting at the border for his Title 42 move to
> > go into effect, at which point they will all come right on in.
> >
> > I give credit to Abbott in Texas. He was chartering busses to take them
> > to DC. That should be expanded to the towns of every Democrat in Congress.
> Always said you cut off your nose to spite your face. You know better
> but still voted for Biden. Trump was not my favorite but his program
> was and still is.

I didn't cut off my nose, I rejected an immoral, disgusting moron that was
a danger to democracy. Trump proved exactly how right I and so many others
were with his final act, attempting to use his office to overturn the votes of
the American people. It ended in the insurrection that he whipped up, that
the whole world watched. I'm disappointed in Biden, but I have no regrets
in voting for him.

As to program, Trump didn't have much of a program. Did you see that wall
that Mexico was going to pay for? Did he fix the trade deficits? Did you ever
see the healthcare plan he promised, the one with lower premiums, coverage
for pre-existing conditions, no mandate? Any person with reasonable analyical
skills knew that was pure BS, it's impossible with those boundary conditions.
Trump never even put forth his plan. Did you see his proposal for immigration
reform? That's what a leader does, puts a plan forth and then goes out and
sells it, whips up support for it. Instead Trump just whipped up more divisiveness
because the issue, not a solution, worked for him. Actual reform, passed by
Congress would be durable, we all knew his exec orders would be immediately
repealed by the first Democrat successor. His biggest accomplishments
were a big tax cut and increased spending, adding $8 tril to the national debt in just
4 years. And appointing conservative judges. But the little good came at an
extremely high cost to this country. And a huge increase in division, with his
calls for a ban on all Muslims entering the country, claiming most illegals are
rapists and drug runners, the very fine people remark when one side was Nazis
and the KKK. Al Sharpton who I rarely agree with said that the Buffalo shooter
was 15 years old when Trump was saying those things. Is that what you want
impressionable people hearing from their president?

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<t60ieb$8ql$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24773&group=alt.home.repair#24773

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 12:27:55 -0400
 by: Frank - Tue, 17 May 2022 16:27 UTC

On 5/17/2022 11:54 AM, trader_4 wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 10:58:28 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

>>> When you are right, you are right. Except for that 20 percent number,
>>> I agree with you. Does anyone know how far out the court dates are now?
>>> It was already a couple of years and that was before Biden re-opened the
>>> flood gates. There are 170K waiting at the border for his Title 42 move to
>>> go into effect, at which point they will all come right on in.
>>>
>>> I give credit to Abbott in Texas. He was chartering busses to take them
>>> to DC. That should be expanded to the towns of every Democrat in Congress.
>> Always said you cut off your nose to spite your face. You know better
>> but still voted for Biden. Trump was not my favorite but his program
>> was and still is.
>
> I didn't cut off my nose, I rejected an immoral, disgusting moron that was
> a danger to democracy. Trump proved exactly how right I and so many others
> were with his final act, attempting to use his office to overturn the votes of
> the American people. It ended in the insurrection that he whipped up, that
> the whole world watched. I'm disappointed in Biden, but I have no regrets
> in voting for him.
>
> As to program, Trump didn't have much of a program. Did you see that wall
> that Mexico was going to pay for? Did he fix the trade deficits? Did you ever
> see the healthcare plan he promised, the one with lower premiums, coverage
> for pre-existing conditions, no mandate? Any person with reasonable analyical
> skills knew that was pure BS, it's impossible with those boundary conditions.
> Trump never even put forth his plan. Did you see his proposal for immigration
> reform? That's what a leader does, puts a plan forth and then goes out and
> sells it, whips up support for it. Instead Trump just whipped up more divisiveness
> because the issue, not a solution, worked for him. Actual reform, passed by
> Congress would be durable, we all knew his exec orders would be immediately
> repealed by the first Democrat successor. His biggest accomplishments
> were a big tax cut and increased spending, adding $8 tril to the national debt in just
> 4 years. And appointing conservative judges. But the little good came at an
> extremely high cost to this country. And a huge increase in division, with his
> calls for a ban on all Muslims entering the country, claiming most illegals are
> rapists and drug runners, the very fine people remark when one side was Nazis
> and the KKK. Al Sharpton who I rarely agree with said that the Buffalo shooter
> was 15 years old when Trump was saying those things. Is that what you want
> impressionable people hearing from their president?

You just keep confirming my thoughts about you.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<n2j78hldkusldkkc6k31q3p3qjg1paud0s@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24774&group=alt.home.repair#24774

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 19:43:53 +0300
 by: micky - Tue, 17 May 2022 16:43 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 17 May 2022 07:47:11 -0600, rbowman
<bowman@montana.com> wrote:

>On 05/17/2022 05:17 AM, Snag wrote:

>>> Yeah, that explains a lot. Just because they did does not mean it is
>>> smart to do.
>>
>> Never pass up a chance for an insult do ya Ed . Chances are pretty
>> good you had the same stuff as a baby . I don't think Similac had been
>> invented then .
>
>https://www.ranker.com/list/nestle-baby-formula-boycott/melissa-sartore
>
>Back in the '70s the usual suspects boycotted Nestle for pushing
>expensive formula onto the third world.

Pushing. You sure do minimize what they did. They gave away free
formula, enough to last mothers until their milk dried up. Then they
charged. Sort of like drug pushers give free heroin until someone is
hooked.

They dressed their employeess like nurses, even though they knew nothing
about nursing or medicine, because it gave their product the aura of a
western scientific medical accomplishment

They pushed it to towns where there was no clean water, and where people
couldn't afford the wood to boil the water they had, that they were
expected to mix with the formula powder. They also didn't have the
science background and many didn't appreciate how important boiled water
was. I guess Nestle would say, We told them they should use boiled
water so it's that makes it their fault. (If in fact they told them.)

When people coudln't afford to buy more, some diluted what they had
because it was western science that had shown itself to be miraculous in
so many other medical ways. They thought a little would be enough. As
their babies slowly starved to death. I don't remember what medical
advances were current at the time, but the medical doctors who brought
new procedures and products were actually helping the poor and
lower-middle-income people, unlike the formula sales-women

These are just what I remember off the top of my head.

Maybe you didn't know these things?

Or maybe you don't care.

>https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/17/business/baby-formula-shortage-gerber-nestle/index.html
>
>I guess they get to wear the white hats now that Biden & Co. have
>inverted the relationship.

Now you're blaming Biden, for something that is not even bad. How
stupid is that. They have formula and Abbott doesn't. That's what
makes them valuable. You think because of their bad practices with
formula in the third world decades ago people should boycott them now?
How stupid would that be.

Now I remember why I've ignored your posts for years. Only read it th
is time because I started the thread.

And now that I've read the article, I see that your wisecrack wasn't
even true. Unless you didnt' understand the article, written in plain
English, it seems to me your wisecrack was a lie. Nothing in the
article makes Nestle out to have white hats and nothing puts them above
the other 3 makers.

This is all it says about the Biden, well, about the Biden
administration, "The Biden administration is stepping up its
coordination with the industry to try to address the shortage.
"The White House is having ongoing conversations with the four major
infant formula manufacturers -- Reckitt, Abbott, Nestle/Gerber, and
Perrigo -- to work with them to identify transportation, logistical, and
supplier hurdles to increasing production of formula at their US- and
FDA-approved facilities, to expand the amount and speed of FDA-approved
formula being shipped into the country, and ensure that formula is
quickly moving to retailers from factories," a White House official said
Monday. "

That statement is as neutral as it can get. My gosh, your post was
disgusting.

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<op.1mbrvkp1x9d686@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24775&group=alt.home.repair#24775

From: lki...@gmail.com (lacksey)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 04:19:58 +1000
 by: lacksey - Tue, 17 May 2022 18:19 UTC

On Tue, 17 May 2022 21:17:46 +1000, Snag <snag_one@msn.com> wrote:

> On 5/16/2022 7:49 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Oh bullshit Clare . Millions of babies drank condensed
>>> milk/water/little bit of corn syrup "formula" . Can't say for certain
>>> since my mother's dead , but I give you better than even odds I had
>>> that stuff as a baby .
>> Yeah, that explains a lot. Just because they did does not mean it is
>> smart to do.
>
> Never pass up a chance for an insult do ya Ed . Chances are pretty
> good you had the same stuff as a baby .

That's arguable given that plenty were stlll breast fed then.

I don't think Similac had been
> invented then .

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<op.1mbsfp0wx9d686@pvr2.lan>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24776&group=alt.home.repair#24776

From: lki...@gmail.com (lacksey)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 04:32:03 +1000
 by: lacksey - Tue, 17 May 2022 18:32 UTC

On Tue, 17 May 2022 23:57:47 +1000, trader_4 <trader4@optonline.net> wrote:

> On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 1:44:36 PM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:
>> Frank <"frank "@frank.net> writes:

>> you
>> can

>> that
>> over
>> harder to

>> required
>> "real

>> all?
>> >
>> >You send them back where they came from. Are you too stupid to realize
>> >that? That is a rhetorical question for you clowns.
>> We've been sending them back for almost a century. They just try again.g
>>
>> If you want them to stay where they are, help their parent countries
>> create
>> jobs locally so they won't have to leave. Help their parent country
>> develop societies with strong protections for their citizens. Help the
>> countries become somewhere people want to stay, rather than leave.

> I's not the US taxpayers burden to fix corrupt countries.

And that isn't even possible.

> We already do plenty

Yes.

> and we're going broke.

Nope.

> I still expect to see George Soros or similar ilk start
> chartering 747s and bringing in people from all over the world that know
> the
> US is better.

Just another of your silly little fantasies.

> Why limit it those that can get to the southern border? Let's
> start with Somalia, start those 747s running 24/7.

No point in using 747s, much more modern aircraft are far more fuel
efficient.

> That's what the open bordder Democrats want.

That is a bare faced lie. Even Obama did nothing like that.

> You're going to pay the price in November,

Because the voters mindlessly flip flop almost every time.

> just like Trump and the Republicans did for their stupidity.

> Maps of the US show that
> the Democrats have lost the rural America where they previously did very
> well
> and are losing the suburbs. They rule in the big cities, as you move
> away
> the Republicans rule because people are fed up with your BS.

We'll see...

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<7e5a52d6-4149-4c40-b8a0-6a5be51f3026n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24777&group=alt.home.repair#24777

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 13:40:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: deanh6...@gmail.com (Dean Hoffman)
 by: Dean Hoffman - Tue, 17 May 2022 20:40 UTC

On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 10:58:50 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
> Have you all heard that the current infant formula shortage is predicted
> to last the rest of the calendar year.
>
> And I haven't heard all the discussion of this, but have any of you
> heard, or noticed the absence of, the suggestion that women who can
> breast-feed their babies, and that women who stopped but not because of
> impossibilty, restart their lactation. Or at least try to.
>
> If there is a 10% shortage and 11% more women breastfeed, iiuc that
> would eliminate for the most part the shortage, searching all over town
> for formula (which if it's hard to find now it will be much harder to
> find tomorrow after people spent today searching all over town.)

There are some women like this one who overproduce.
<https://www.foxnews.com/us/iowa-mother-baby-formula-shortage-45-gallons-breast-milk>

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<4vUgK.618$YFJb.478@fx04.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24778&group=alt.home.repair#24778

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 16:31:45 -0500
 by: Snag - Tue, 17 May 2022 21:31 UTC

On 5/17/2022 1:19 PM, lacksey wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2022 21:17:46 +1000, Snag <snag_one@msn.com> wrote:

>>>  Yeah, that explains a lot.  Just because they did does not mean it
>>> is smart to do.
>>
>>    Never pass up a chance for an insult do ya Ed . Chances are pretty
>> good you had the same stuff as a baby .
>
> That's arguable given that plenty were stlll breast fed then.
>
> I don't think Similac had been
>> invented then .

Not me though I never had a titty in my mouth until I was 17 . Late
bloomer I guess .
--
Snag
My rights don't end

Re: OT infant formula shortage

<102bbb52-8cd4-44c3-99a2-a0dd183ac002n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24792&group=alt.home.repair#24792

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 06:20:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: trad...@optonline.net (trader_4)
 by: trader_4 - Wed, 18 May 2022 13:20 UTC

On Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 12:28:01 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
> On 5/17/2022 11:54 AM, trader_4 wrote:

> >> Always said you cut off your nose to spite your face. You know better
> >> but still voted for Biden. Trump was not my favorite but his program
> >> was and still is.
> >
> > I didn't cut off my nose, I rejected an immoral, disgusting moron that was
> > a danger to democracy. Trump proved exactly how right I and so many others
> > were with his final act, attempting to use his office to overturn the votes of
> > the American people. It ended in the insurrection that he whipped up, that
> > the whole world watched. I'm disappointed in Biden, but I have no regrets
> > in voting for him.
> >
> > As to program, Trump didn't have much of a program. Did you see that wall
> > that Mexico was going to pay for? Did he fix the trade deficits? Did you ever
> > see the healthcare plan he promised, the one with lower premiums, coverage
> > for pre-existing conditions, no mandate? Any person with reasonable analyical
> > skills knew that was pure BS, it's impossible with those boundary conditions.
> > Trump never even put forth his plan. Did you see his proposal for immigration
> > reform? That's what a leader does, puts a plan forth and then goes out and
> > sells it, whips up support for it. Instead Trump just whipped up more divisiveness
> > because the issue, not a solution, worked for him. Actual reform, passed by
> > Congress would be durable, we all knew his exec orders would be immediately
> > repealed by the first Democrat successor. His biggest accomplishments
> > were a big tax cut and increased spending, adding $8 tril to the national debt in just
> > 4 years. And appointing conservative judges. But the little good came at an
> > extremely high cost to this country. And a huge increase in division, with his
> > calls for a ban on all Muslims entering the country, claiming most illegals are
> > rapists and drug runners, the very fine people remark when one side was Nazis
> > and the KKK. Al Sharpton who I rarely agree with said that the Buffalo shooter
> > was 15 years old when Trump was saying those things. Is that what you want
> > impressionable people hearing from their president?
> >
> You just keep confirming my thoughts about you.

Right, as a moral, ethical, honest conservative that can explain and
defend my positions with facts and won't join the sick cult of Trump.