"Marriage is low down, but you spend the rest of your life paying for it." -- Baskins

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

SubjectAuthor
* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?micky
`* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Ed Pawlowski
 +- Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?gfretwell
 +- Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?micky
 `* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?rbowman
  `* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Frank
   `* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?williamsj47
    +* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Ed Pawlowski
    |`* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Frank
    | `- Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Marilyn Manson
    +- Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Frank
    `* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Scott Lurndal
     `* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?John A. Smith
      +* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Bob F
      |+* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Frank
      ||+* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Marilyn Manson
      |||`* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Frank
      ||| `* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Marilyn Manson
      |||  `* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Frank
      |||   `* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Scott Lurndal
      |||    `* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Frank
      |||     +- Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Bob F
      |||     `* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Scott Lurndal
      |||      `* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Frank
      |||       `* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?John A. Smith
      |||        `* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Ed Pawlowski
      |||         `* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?rbowman
      |||          `* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Ed Pawlowski
      |||           `* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?rbowman
      |||            `- Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Ed Pawlowski
      ||`- Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?rbowman
      |`- Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?trader_4
      `* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Frank
       `* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?rbowman
        +* Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?Frank
        |`- Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?rbowman
        `* lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile GossipFrank
         +- REAL Dumb, Senile Frankie Boi Blathering againFrank
         `- lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossiprbowman

Pages:12
Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<upkmtghuuhluikhnj6mrfkml07t6gbrdnj@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18375&group=alt.home.repair#18375

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 17:03:03 -0500
 by: micky - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 22:03 UTC

Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

Since when is there an additional charge for handling.

The two together are 13.08.

When I choose free shipping, they take off 5.99, but that still leaves
$7.09.

NEVER MIND. THEY SPLIT IT INTO TWO ORDERS AND I HAD TO SELECT FREE
SHIPPING FOR EACH ONE. I thought they had split another order once. I
wonder if I paid shipping then. I will be more careful

But many people reacted like I did. There are 269 replies to post below
and every one I looked at was a complaint. Some mentioned the order
being split, but they didn't notice what I finally did.

Now I finally know what they charge if you don't reach t heir minimum.
The 3 things were all light, but still $7 is not that bad. When Amazon
first started, I tried but could not readily find out what the shipping
charge was if I was under the minimum.

Nothing I'm ordering requires much handling. Details on request, but
there is
1 small tube of medical cream. about $5
1 AC cord for the printer I found on the street 5
1 roll of medical tape 5
1 package of KN95 masks 30
total about 45 dollars.

All are listed as "Eligible for FREE Shipping & FREE Returns", except
the cream which doesn't mention returns. No mention of handling.

All are listed as In Stock. They don't have to send Sherpa guides to
fetch anything.

It's interesting that I thought to post here first, instead of googling,
but google says "By adding the word handling they are trying to make you
think another charge is involved in your order which isn't included in
the Free Shipping for over $25 offer. The handling word applies to
nothing. An amount isn't listed anywhere on Amazon. The customer service
employees have no control over it."
https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx1WHO5V7SNOFE9/
This was asked originally in 2015, but all the answers I see so far ar
from the first 9 days of this year. No, here is one from October.

I (almost?) always review my bill to make sure the total includes no
extra charges. Have they been squeezing this in for a while and I
missed it once? Or is this "new for the new year!"?

Looking at each item now:
Tape says "FREE delivery Friday, January 14 if you spend $25 on items
shipped by Amazon "

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<meJCJ.186078$VS2.146243@fx44.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18378&group=alt.home.repair#18378

Subject: Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 17:22:09 -0500
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 22:22 UTC

On 1/9/2022 5:03 PM, micky wrote:
> Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?
>
> Since when is there an additional charge for handling.
>
> The two together are 13.08.
>
> When I choose free shipping, they take off 5.99, but that still leaves
> $7.09.
>
> NEVER MIND. THEY SPLIT IT INTO TWO ORDERS AND I HAD TO SELECT FREE

> Nothing I'm ordering requires much handling. Details on request, but
> there is
>

> All are listed as "Eligible for FREE Shipping & FREE Returns", except
> the cream which doesn't mention returns. No mention of handling.
>
> All are listed as In Stock. They don't have to send Sherpa guides to
> fetch anything.

They do have to handle things though. Much is automated but they still
have people.

I have Prime and don't care. I ordered something for $7 and paid $7.
Came two days later. Another $18 order came today.

I watch Prime video, use the music so I get some value aside from shipping.

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<h1pmtgh5dtm1qg3i9j25rm52aeqflth3nh@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18382&group=alt.home.repair#18382

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 17:43:19 -0500
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 22:43 UTC

On Sun, 9 Jan 2022 17:22:09 -0500, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>On 1/9/2022 5:03 PM, micky wrote:
>> Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?
>>
>> Since when is there an additional charge for handling.
>>
>> The two together are 13.08.
>>
>> When I choose free shipping, they take off 5.99, but that still leaves
>> $7.09.
>>
>> NEVER MIND. THEY SPLIT IT INTO TWO ORDERS AND I HAD TO SELECT FREE
>
>> Nothing I'm ordering requires much handling. Details on request, but
>> there is
>>

>> All are listed as "Eligible for FREE Shipping & FREE Returns", except
>> the cream which doesn't mention returns. No mention of handling.
>>
>> All are listed as In Stock. They don't have to send Sherpa guides to
>> fetch anything.
>
>They do have to handle things though. Much is automated but they still
>have people.
>
>I have Prime and don't care. I ordered something for $7 and paid $7.
>Came two days later. Another $18 order came today.
>
>I watch Prime video, use the music so I get some value aside from shipping.

Exactly. We save enough on shipping to make Prime a deal. The no
hassle returns are great for my wife too. The music and video clinches
it for us. That ends up being a cable bill I don't pay and cable is as
almost much a month as prime is a year.

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<gfsmtg1lggd0n5ks6n8a6o5r2beot189m3@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18391&group=alt.home.repair#18391

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 18:48:58 -0500
 by: micky - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 23:48 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 9 Jan 2022 17:22:09 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
<esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>On 1/9/2022 5:03 PM, micky wrote:
>> Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?
>>
>> Since when is there an additional charge for handling.

I think a bit part of the "confusion" they brought on themselves.
Everywhere else it is called "shipping", in the shopping cart, or
"delivery" in the ads, and suddenly there's a charge for "handling".

And in a way, they do always try to "trick" you into paying for it,
because no matter how many times you set it to free shipping arriving at
a later date, the next time you buy something, it's back at paid
shipping. Well, I just checked and before you switch to free, it's
called "shipping and handling" in the list of charges, but I barely look
at that line.

>> The two together are 13.08.
>>
>> When I choose free shipping, they take off 5.99, but that still leaves
>> $7.09.
>>
>> NEVER MIND. THEY SPLIT IT INTO TWO ORDERS AND I HAD TO SELECT FREE
>
>> Nothing I'm ordering requires much handling. Details on request, but
>> there is
>>

>> All are listed as "Eligible for FREE Shipping & FREE Returns", except
>> the cream which doesn't mention returns. No mention of handling.
>>
>> All are listed as In Stock. They don't have to send Sherpa guides to
>> fetch anything.
>
>They do have to handle things though. Much is automated but they still
>have people.

Are you sure?

>I have Prime and don't care. I ordered something for $7 and paid $7.
>Came two days later. Another $18 order came today.
>
>I watch Prime video, use the music so I get some value aside from shipping.

I complained about the opposite a few days ago. I haven't got time to
watch the video and zoom session I already have**, or to read the
newspaper and webpages I subscribe to, or to listen to all the radio and
webradio. I was prepared to die at age 94, but now I'm seeking another
20 years in order to catch up.

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<j41belFi7ohU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18394&group=alt.home.repair#18394

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 17:03:42 -0700
 by: rbowman - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 00:03 UTC

On 01/09/2022 03:22 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 1/9/2022 5:03 PM, micky wrote:
>> Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?
>>
>> Since when is there an additional charge for handling.
>>
>> The two together are 13.08.
>>
>> When I choose free shipping, they take off 5.99, but that still leaves
>> $7.09.
>>
>> NEVER MIND. THEY SPLIT IT INTO TWO ORDERS AND I HAD TO SELECT FREE
>
>> Nothing I'm ordering requires much handling. Details on request, but
>> there is
>>

>> All are listed as "Eligible for FREE Shipping & FREE Returns", except
>> the cream which doesn't mention returns. No mention of handling.
>>
>> All are listed as In Stock. They don't have to send Sherpa guides to
>> fetch anything.
>
> They do have to handle things though. Much is automated but they still
> have people.
>
> I have Prime and don't care. I ordered something for $7 and paid $7.
> Came two days later. Another $18 order came today.
>
> I watch Prime video, use the music so I get some value aside from shipping.

And the monthly free Kindle book. Although some months the selections
are heavily weighted toward chick lit I have hit some good ones.

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<srfvih$s91$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=18396&group=alt.home.repair#18396

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 19:45:04 -0500
 by: Frank - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 00:45 UTC

On 1/9/2022 7:03 PM, rbowman wrote:
> On 01/09/2022 03:22 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 1/9/2022 5:03 PM, micky wrote:
>>> Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?
>>>
>>> Since when is there an additional charge for handling.
>>>
>>> The two together are 13.08.
>>>
>>> When I choose free shipping, they take off 5.99, but that still leaves
>>> $7.09.
>>>
>>> NEVER MIND.  THEY SPLIT IT INTO TWO ORDERS AND I HAD TO SELECT FREE
>>
>>> Nothing I'm ordering requires much handling.  Details on request, but
>>> there is
>>>

>>> All are listed as "Eligible for FREE Shipping &  FREE Returns", except
>>> the cream which doesn't mention returns.  No mention of handling.
>>>
>>> All are listed as In Stock.  They don't have to send Sherpa guides to
>>> fetch anything.
>>
>> They do have to handle things though.  Much is automated but they still
>> have people.
>>
>> I have Prime and don't care.  I ordered something for $7 and paid $7.
>> Came two days later. Another $18 order came today.
>>
>> I watch Prime video, use the music so I get some value aside from
>> shipping.
>
> And the monthly free Kindle book. Although some months the selections
> are heavily weighted toward chick lit I have hit some good ones.

I have yet to see it worth it. Most of the stuff I buy from Amazon has
free shipping. I just have to wait a few extra days. I also buy on
line from Walmart and often get small stuff shipped free which Amazon
would charge to ship.

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<16f00ef5d7d1f282$1$573844$4226dc73@news.newsgroupdirect.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24783&group=alt.home.repair#24783

From: af7e0e00...@example.com (williamsj47)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 01:31:52 +0000
 by: williamsj47 - Wed, 18 May 2022 01:31 UTC

Today for the firs time I was ordering over $100 worth of merchandise and was still charged the "handling fee" no matter what type shipping was requested. This seems like a ploy to force people to join Prime. Did it for several years. Not going back. Kindle and other services are also going down hill. Some people don't have options. Happily, I do. Got the same merchandise from another retailer, same prices but no shipping or handling fee.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/amazon-shipping-and-handling-3181096-.htm

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<vJYgK.20304$pqKf.13193@fx12.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24785&group=alt.home.repair#24785

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 22:20:10 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Wed, 18 May 2022 02:20 UTC

On 5/17/2022 9:31 PM, williamsj47 wrote:
> Today for the firs time I was ordering over $100 worth of merchandise
> and was still charged the "handling fee" no matter what type shipping
> was requested. This seems like a ploy to force people to join Prime. Did
> it for several years. Not going back. Kindle and other services are also
> going down hill. Some people don't have options. Happily, I do. Got the
> same merchandise from another retailer, same prices but no shipping or
> handling fee.

I have an Amazon Chase credit card. Gets me 5% back and easily covers
my Prime cost.

I guess we're both happy.

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<t62jvn$jki$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24788&group=alt.home.repair#24788

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 07:06:30 -0400
 by: Frank - Wed, 18 May 2022 11:06 UTC

On 5/17/2022 9:31 PM, williamsj47 wrote:
> Today for the firs time I was ordering over $100 worth of merchandise
> and was still charged the "handling fee" no matter what type shipping
> was requested. This seems like a ploy to force people to join Prime. Did
> it for several years. Not going back. Kindle and other services are also
> going down hill. Some people don't have options. Happily, I do. Got the
> same merchandise from another retailer, same prices but no shipping or
> handling fee.

I see my comment was a few months ago and latest order from Walmart
carried a delivery charge. It appears they also want you to give them a
Prime type account too.

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<t62k4h$jki$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24789&group=alt.home.repair#24789

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 07:09:05 -0400
 by: Frank - Wed, 18 May 2022 11:09 UTC

On 5/17/2022 10:20 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/17/2022 9:31 PM, williamsj47 wrote:
>> Today for the firs time I was ordering over $100 worth of merchandise
>> and was still charged the "handling fee" no matter what type shipping
>> was requested. This seems like a ploy to force people to join Prime.
>> Did it for several years. Not going back. Kindle and other services
>> are also going down hill. Some people don't have options. Happily, I
>> do. Got the same merchandise from another retailer, same prices but no
>> shipping or handling fee.
>>
> I  have an Amazon Chase credit card.  Gets me 5% back and easily covers
> my Prime cost.
>
> I guess we're both happy.

That is not a bad idea but currently I do not buy that much on Amazon to
make it worthwhile.

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<2fe231a5-7a2e-42bf-be1c-b1ea4c18d5dbn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24791&group=alt.home.repair#24791

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 06:19:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Wed, 18 May 2022 13:19 UTC

On Wednesday, May 18, 2022 at 7:09:11 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
> On 5/17/2022 10:20 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> > On 5/17/2022 9:31 PM, williamsj47 wrote:
> >> Today for the firs time I was ordering over $100 worth of merchandise
> >> and was still charged the "handling fee" no matter what type shipping
> >> was requested. This seems like a ploy to force people to join Prime.
> >> Did it for several years. Not going back. Kindle and other services
> >> are also going down hill. Some people don't have options. Happily, I
> >> do. Got the same merchandise from another retailer, same prices but no
> >> shipping or handling fee.
> >>
> > I have an Amazon Chase credit card. Gets me 5% back and easily covers
> > my Prime cost.
> >
> > I guess we're both happy.
> That is not a bad idea but currently I do not buy that much on Amazon to
> make it worthwhile.

Share a Prime account. Counting family and SO, we have at least 8 people
using the same Prime account. It's been that way for over 10 years. We
keep the same primary member, but we pay her back for the subscription
in one way or another. Often it's as simple as "Hey, use my credit card for
your next few purchases."

I think we have a dozen shipping addresses and 10+ credit cards listed at
checkout right now. We all just choose our own when we order.

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<pU6hK.4311$NMxb.3349@fx02.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24793&group=alt.home.repair#24793

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 13:54:29 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Wed, 18 May 2022 13:54 UTC

williamsj47 <af7e0e00a6a288de303ee68b671fbbb2@example.com> writes:
>Today for the firs time I was ordering over $100 worth of merchandise and was still charged the "handling fee" no matter what type shipping was requested. This seems like a ploy to force people to join Prime. Did it for several years. Not going back. Kindle and other services are also going down hill. Some people don't have options. Happily, I do. Got the same merchandise from another retailer, same prices but no shipping or handling fee.
>

>--
>For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/amazon-shipping-and-handling-3181096-.htm

Typical home moaners post.

TANSTAAFL.

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<tQWkHNoqFYIVoWiYpPfGYOzlpkMFcCwl@news.usenet.farm>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24795&group=alt.home.repair#24795

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: smit...@overlord.guv (John A. Smith)
Date: Wed, 18 May 22 14:06:04 UTC
 by: John A. Smith - Wed, 18 May 2022 14:06 UTC

On 5/18/2022 9:54 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> williamsj47 <af7e0e00a6a288de303ee68b671fbbb2@example.com> writes:
>> Today for the firs time I was ordering over $100 worth of merchandise and was still charged the "handling fee" no matter what type shipping was requested. This seems like a ploy to force people to join Prime. Did it for several years. Not going back. Kindle and other services are also going down hill. Some people don't have options. Happily, I do. Got the same merchandise from another retailer, same prices but no shipping or handling fee.
>>

>> --
>> For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/amazon-shipping-and-handling-3181096-.htm
>>

> Typical home moaners post.
>
> TANSTAAFL.

LOL, you can escape Amazon Prime fees but you can't escape the
Demoncrap's record-high gasoline prices.

NATIONAL CRISIS: 9th Straight Day of All-Time Record High Gas Prices!
Price at Pump Hits $4.56 per Gallon — Fake News Media Silent!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/05/national-crisis-9th-straight-day-time-record-high-gas-prices-price-pump-hits-4-56-per-gallon-fake-news-media-silent/

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<t633jl$ui2$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24797&group=alt.home.repair#24797

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 08:33:07 -0700
 by: Bob F - Wed, 18 May 2022 15:33 UTC

On 5/18/2022 2:06 PM, John A. Smith wrote:
> On 5/18/2022 9:54 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
>> williamsj47 <af7e0e00a6a288de303ee68b671fbbb2@example.com> writes:
>>> Today for the firs time I was ordering over $100 worth of merchandise
>>> and was still charged the "handling fee" no matter what type shipping
>>> was requested. This seems like a ploy to force people to join Prime.
>>> Did it for several years. Not going back. Kindle and other services
>>> are also going down hill. Some people don't have options. Happily, I
>>> do. Got the same merchandise from another retailer, same prices but
>>> no shipping or handling fee.
>>>

>>> --
>>> For full context, visit
>>> https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/amazon-shipping-and-handling-3181096-.htm
>>>

>> Typical home moaners post.
>>
>> TANSTAAFL.
>

> LOL, you can escape Amazon Prime fees but you can't escape the
> Demoncrap's record-high gasoline prices.

Pure republitard BS. This is not the Democrats fault. Speculative energy
trading is the problem.

"Veteran oil analyst Philip K Verleger has warned that supply and demand
“fundamentals have been rendered almost irrelevant” for oil prices, a
key determinant of the price of gasoline at the pump.

He has pointed to a dramatic rise in speculation driven by artificial
intelligence rapidly buying and selling massive energy bets based on
minor or even nonexistent changes to real-world supplies. “Under these
circumstances, a change in [supply and demand] fundamentals that might
have moved prices by 50¢ or $1” will cause a change of as much as $10 a
barrel of oil, he has written.

Overall, global oil production is nearly 5m more barrels a day greater
in 2022 than in 2021, yet US politicians on both sides of the aisle have
called for even more drilling. Oil exports from Russia into the global
market have not been slowed by either the war or sanctions. Instead,
they’re rising and are expected to end April higher than at any time
since before the Covid pandemic, according to research firm Kpler.

“Crude is getting loaded on vessels and getting shipped. Which I think
is the story right now,” Reid L’Anson, senior commodity economist at
Kpler, told The Guardian.

There are certainly other factors putting upward pressure on prices,
including fears that Russian supply could decline in the future. But the
price of oil, natural gas, and other vital fossil fuel commodities are
today primarily set by energy traders, whose actions are stoking rising
prices and volatility.

Little physical oil actually changes hands with such trades, which take
place on two main exchanges in the US, CME Group and the
Intercontinental Exchange. Instead the trade is in futures contracts, a
commitment to purchase a set amount of oil in the future for a price
agreed in the present. But because the virtual trading has come to dwarf
the physical trade, it now determines the price of oil.

Greenberger estimates that “something like 13 times the physical amount
of oil is traded” via these purely financial contracts. And commercial
trades – those based on the actual use of oil – have been pushed out, he
says, replaced almost entirely by speculators looking to make a quick
buck, which is in turn increasing excessive speculation and volatility.

According to data provided to the Guardian by CME Group, the amount of
crude oil futures contracts traded daily on its platform rose in 2022
over 2021, and is nearly double that of a decade ago.

Rising prices and volatility have been on display since the day before
Russian troops went to war against Ukraine, when the price of a barrel
of oil was $90. Since the invasion, despite no change in supply, it has
vaulted to a $124, fallen to $95, shot back up to $114, before sliding
down to $103 a barrel today – over 60% higher than the price one year ago.

All the major oil companies, leading US banks, and lesser known private
trading houses led by Vitol, Trafigura, Mercuria, and Glencore, are
involved in speculative energy trading. Some have even been found guilty
of illegal trading over the years. But determining their exact level of
involvement is not easy, as there are few reporting requirements
allowing the public into this largely opaque world.

In a 2020 earnings call with analysts, Shell CEO Ben van Beurden called
Shell’s trading “core to the success of our company, it actually makes
the magic in many cases”. Shell typically earns as much as $4bn annually
from this trading.

“We’re seeing just massive volatility, in terms of trading activity, in
terms of pricing, where you’ve got big bounces between prices, and so
something is wrong,” says Tyson Slocum, director of Public Citizen’s
Energy Program, a non-profit consumer advocacy organization. Slocum, who
also serves on the Energy and Environmental Markets Advisory Committee
to the CFTC, calls for greater regulation and transparency into a broken
system where “speculators are allowed to reign free”.

The CFTC itself was weakened by Trump and crippled by vacancies under
Biden, who left the majority of commission seats empty until late last
month.

There’s just too much leeway for the big banks and the big
producers to manipulate if no one is looking and watching what they’re doing

Slocum argues that the federal government has ceded too much authority
to the futures exchanges. With profits based on volume of trades, they
have little incentive to reign in traders, including excessive
speculation, he alleges."

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/apr/28/gas-prices-why-are-they-so-high-traders

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<t633rl$lb$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24798&group=alt.home.repair#24798

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 11:37:24 -0400
 by: Frank - Wed, 18 May 2022 15:37 UTC

On 5/18/2022 2:06 PM, John A. Smith wrote:
> On 5/18/2022 9:54 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
>> williamsj47 <af7e0e00a6a288de303ee68b671fbbb2@example.com> writes:
>>> Today for the firs time I was ordering over $100 worth of merchandise
>>> and was still charged the "handling fee" no matter what type shipping
>>> was requested. This seems like a ploy to force people to join Prime.
>>> Did it for several years. Not going back. Kindle and other services
>>> are also going down hill. Some people don't have options. Happily, I
>>> do. Got the same merchandise from another retailer, same prices but
>>> no shipping or handling fee.
>>>

>>> --
>>> For full context, visit
>>> https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/amazon-shipping-and-handling-3181096-.htm
>>>

>> Typical home moaners post.
>>
>> TANSTAAFL.
>

> LOL, you can escape Amazon Prime fees but you can't escape the
> Demoncrap's record-high gasoline prices.
>

> NATIONAL CRISIS: 9th Straight Day of All-Time Record High Gas Prices!
> Price at Pump Hits $4.56 per Gallon — Fake News Media Silent!
>
> https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/05/national-crisis-9th-straight-day-time-record-high-gas-prices-price-pump-hits-4-56-per-gallon-fake-news-media-silent/

Just wait for the fall when your heating oil price tracks that of diesel
fuel.

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<t634ab$4da$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24799&group=alt.home.repair#24799

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 11:45:14 -0400
 by: Frank - Wed, 18 May 2022 15:45 UTC

On 5/18/2022 11:33 AM, Bob F wrote:
> [...]
> Energy Program, a non-profit consumer advocacy organization. Slocum, who
> also serves on the Energy and Environmental Markets Advisory Committee
> to the CFTC, calls for greater regulation and transparency into a broken
> system where “speculators are allowed to reign free”.
>
> The CFTC itself was weakened by Trump and crippled by vacancies under
> Biden, who left the majority of commission seats empty until late last
> month.
>
>     There’s just too much leeway for the big banks and the big
> producers to manipulate if no one is looking and watching what they’re
> doing
>
> Slocum argues that the federal government has ceded too much authority
> to the futures exchanges. With profits based on volume of trades, they
> have little incentive to reign in traders, including excessive

Stopping Canadian pipeline, closing ANWR and tightening regs had nothing
to do with it. Just wait until fall when you need to heat your home.
You will probably vote Republican.

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<39dc0461-562a-4399-9792-e3d92d053205n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24800&group=alt.home.repair#24800

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 08:58:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Wed, 18 May 2022 15:58 UTC

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ee/58/05/ee58050370b1364992a52daee7544fa9.jpg

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<t635g7$cs2$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24801&group=alt.home.repair#24801

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 12:05:27 -0400
 by: Frank - Wed, 18 May 2022 16:05 UTC

On 5/18/2022 11:58 AM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
> [...]
>>> system where “speculators are allowed to reign free”.
>>>
>>> The CFTC itself was weakened by Trump and crippled by vacancies under
>>> Biden, who left the majority of commission seats empty until late last
>>> month.
>>>
>>> There’s just too much leeway for the big banks and the big
>>> producers to manipulate if no one is looking and watching what they’re
>>> doing
>>>
>>> Slocum argues that the federal government has ceded too much authority
>>> to the futures exchanges. With profits based on volume of trades, they
>>> have little incentive to reign in traders, including excessive
>>> speculation, he alleges."
>>>
>>> https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/apr/28/gas-prices-why-are-they-so-high-traders
>>>
>> Stopping Canadian pipeline, closing ANWR and tightening regs had nothing
>> to do with it. Just wait until fall when you need to heat your home.

I know. I'm addressing commie bob. Unlike trader that cut his nose off
to spite his face bob would cut his throat.

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<0223c8cd-2920-44ec-9265-eddb75f5591dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24802&group=alt.home.repair#24802

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 09:25:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: comawhit...@gmail.com (Marilyn Manson)
 by: Marilyn Manson - Wed, 18 May 2022 16:25 UTC

On Wednesday, May 18, 2022 at 12:05:34 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
> On 5/18/2022 11:58 AM, Marilyn Manson wrote:

> >> Stopping Canadian pipeline, closing ANWR and tightening regs had nothing
> >> to do with it. Just wait until fall when you need to heat your home.
> >> You will probably vote Republican.
> >
> > https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ee/58/05/ee58050370b1364992a52daee7544fa9.jpg
> I know. I'm addressing commie bob. Unlike trader that cut his nose off
> to spite his face bob would cut his throat.

And I'm addressing you. As far as voting republican, my comment still stands, regardless
of the price of heating fuel.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ee/58/05/ee58050370b1364992a52daee7544fa9.jpg

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<t636oc$nun$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24803&group=alt.home.repair#24803

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 12:26:52 -0400
<meJCJ.186078$VS2.146243@fx44.iad> <j41belFi7ohU1@mid.individual.net>
<srfvih$s91$1@dont-email.me>
<t633jl$ui2$1@dont-email.me> <t634ab$4da$1@dont-email.me>
<39dc0461-562a-4399-9792-e3d92d053205n@googlegroups.com>
<t635g7$cs2$1@dont-email.me>
<0223c8cd-2920-44ec-9265-eddb75f5591dn@googlegroups.com>
 by: Frank - Wed, 18 May 2022 16:26 UTC

On 5/18/2022 12:25 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 18, 2022 at 12:05:34 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

>>> https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ee/58/05/ee58050370b1364992a52daee7544fa9.jpg
>> I know. I'm addressing commie bob. Unlike trader that cut his nose off
>> to spite his face bob would cut his throat.
>
> And I'm addressing you. As far as voting republican, my comment still stands, regardless
> of the price of heating fuel.
>
> https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ee/58/05/ee58050370b1364992a52daee7544fa9.jpg

and what would you cut off?

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<5P9hK.61495$qMI1.17632@fx96.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24804&group=alt.home.repair#24804

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
References: <upkmtghuuhluikhnj6mrfkml07t6gbrdnj@4ax.com> <j41belFi7ohU1@mid.individual.net> <srfvih$s91$1@dont-email.me> <16f00ef5d7d1f282$1$573844$4226dc73@news.newsgroupdirect.com> <pU6hK.4311$NMxb.3349@fx02.iad> <tQWkHNoqFYIVoWiYpPfGYOzlpkMFcCwl@news.usenet.farm> <t633jl$ui2$1@dont-email.me> <t634ab$4da$1@dont-email.me> <39dc0461-562a-4399-9792-e3d92d053205n@googlegroups.com> <t635g7$cs2$1@dont-email.me> <0223c8cd-2920-44ec-9265-eddb75f5591dn@googlegroups.com> <t636oc$nun$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 17:13:37 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Wed, 18 May 2022 17:13 UTC

Frank <"frank "@frank.net> writes:
>On 5/18/2022 12:25 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:

So the Troll rears his ugly mug again with a new name. As pointed out by Bob:

Not to mention supply chain issues related to Covid-19 (i.e. it takes time
to ramp production back up) and the Russian war in Ukraine. Both of which have
had significant effect. Then there are the record profits of the oil
companies (after all, their production costs haven't increased at the
same rate as the market price (which is based on scarcity)).

So Frank butts in with the typical pipeline, anwar and regs dogwhistles, none
of which hold up to actual scrutiny of the facts, for example:

"There is a lot of uncertainty about whether or not the
resources are present and whether or not the resources
are of sufficient size to be deemed technically recoverable,
Houseknecht said."

https://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/12/07/how-much-oil-is-really-in-anwr/

USGS estimates between 4 an 18 billion barrels in ANWAR, based on a single
exploratory well drilled by Chevron/BP, who have never released the
results of the drill to anyone, even the government.

USA uses 20 million barrels of oil every day. So ANWAR is a 200 day
supply at the low end, three years at the high end.

The tar sands pipeline is an expensive boondoggle that would have zero effect
on the price of gas at the gas station, and it wouldn't be finished
for years yet and has the worst ERORI of the oil sector.

And it is Congress, not the President that must authorize drilling
in ANWAR, and they haven't for the last 30 years through both
democratic and republican administrations.

But Frank and Facts don't mix.

>and what would you cut off?

So Frank brings up Heating Oil as the next republican dogwhistle.

There are 128.45 million households in the USA. 5.3 million are heated
with heating oil, a bit less than 5%.

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/heating-oil/use-of-heating-oil.php

Heating oil prices have gone up in the past, and we've survived it
just fine. Just like the high gas prices in 2008 and 2012
(both higher when adjusted for inflation than
today. Remember the delivery surcharges in those years?) were survivable.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/204740/retail-price-of-gasoline-in-the-united-states-since-1990/

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<t63cft$d5i$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24806&group=alt.home.repair#24806

From: Fra...@frank..net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 14:04:44 -0400
<j41belFi7ohU1@mid.individual.net> <srfvih$s91$1@dont-email.me>
<16f00ef5d7d1f282$1$573844$4226dc73@news.newsgroupdirect.com>
<pU6hK.4311$NMxb.3349@fx02.iad>
<tQWkHNoqFYIVoWiYpPfGYOzlpkMFcCwl@news.usenet.farm>
<t633jl$ui2$1@dont-email.me> <t634ab$4da$1@dont-email.me>
<39dc0461-562a-4399-9792-e3d92d053205n@googlegroups.com>
<t635g7$cs2$1@dont-email.me>
<0223c8cd-2920-44ec-9265-eddb75f5591dn@googlegroups.com>
<t636oc$nun$1@dont-email.me> <5P9hK.61495$qMI1.17632@fx96.iad>
 by: Frank - Wed, 18 May 2022 18:04 UTC

On 5/18/2022 1:13 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> Frank <"frank "@frank.net> writes:

> So the Troll rears his ugly mug again with a new name. As pointed out by Bob:

> Not to mention supply chain issues related to Covid-19 (i.e. it takes time
> to ramp production back up) and the Russian war in Ukraine. Both of which have
> had significant effect. Then there are the record profits of the oil
> companies (after all, their production costs haven't increased at the
> same rate as the market price (which is based on scarcity)).

> So Frank butts in with the typical pipeline, anwar and regs dogwhistles, none
> of which hold up to actual scrutiny of the facts, for example:
>
> "There is a lot of uncertainty about whether or not the
> resources are present and whether or not the resources
> are of sufficient size to be deemed technically recoverable,
> Houseknecht said."
>
> https://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/12/07/how-much-oil-is-really-in-anwr/
>
> USGS estimates between 4 an 18 billion barrels in ANWAR, based on a single
> exploratory well drilled by Chevron/BP, who have never released the
> results of the drill to anyone, even the government.
>
> USA uses 20 million barrels of oil every day. So ANWAR is a 200 day
> supply at the low end, three years at the high end.
>
> The tar sands pipeline is an expensive boondoggle that would have zero effect
> on the price of gas at the gas station, and it wouldn't be finished
> for years yet and has the worst ERORI of the oil sector.
>
> And it is Congress, not the President that must authorize drilling
> in ANWAR, and they haven't for the last 30 years through both
> democratic and republican administrations.
>
> But Frank and Facts don't mix.
>

>> and what would you cut off?
>
> So Frank brings up Heating Oil as the next republican dogwhistle.
>
> There are 128.45 million households in the USA. 5.3 million are heated
> with heating oil, a bit less than 5%.
>
> https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/heating-oil/use-of-heating-oil.php
>
> Heating oil prices have gone up in the past, and we've survived it
> just fine. Just like the high gas prices in 2008 and 2012
> (both higher when adjusted for inflation than
> today. Remember the delivery surcharges in those years?) were survivable.
>
> https://www.statista.com/statistics/204740/retail-price-of-gasoline-in-the-united-states-since-1990/

Open borders, rampant inflation and crime and fiasco in Afghanistan. No
thanks. What else to we have to put up with? No more dog whistles are
welcome.

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<t63ea2$lf5$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24807&group=alt.home.repair#24807

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 11:35:45 -0700
<j41belFi7ohU1@mid.individual.net> <srfvih$s91$1@dont-email.me>
<16f00ef5d7d1f282$1$573844$4226dc73@news.newsgroupdirect.com>
<pU6hK.4311$NMxb.3349@fx02.iad>
<tQWkHNoqFYIVoWiYpPfGYOzlpkMFcCwl@news.usenet.farm>
<t633jl$ui2$1@dont-email.me> <t634ab$4da$1@dont-email.me>
<39dc0461-562a-4399-9792-e3d92d053205n@googlegroups.com>
<t635g7$cs2$1@dont-email.me>
<0223c8cd-2920-44ec-9265-eddb75f5591dn@googlegroups.com>
<t636oc$nun$1@dont-email.me> <5P9hK.61495$qMI1.17632@fx96.iad>
<t63cft$d5i$1@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: Bob F - Wed, 18 May 2022 18:35 UTC

On 5/18/2022 11:04 AM, Frank wrote:
> On 5/18/2022 1:13 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
>> Frank <"frank "@frank.net> writes:

>> So the Troll rears his ugly mug again with a new name. As pointed out
>> by Bob:

>> Not to mention supply chain issues related to Covid-19 (i.e. it takes
>> time
>> to ramp production back up) and the Russian war in Ukraine.  Both of
>> which have
>> had significant effect.   Then there are the record profits of the oil
>> companies (after all, their production costs haven't increased at the
>> same rate as the market price (which is based on scarcity)).

>> So Frank butts in with the typical pipeline, anwar and regs
>> dogwhistles, none
>> of which hold up to actual scrutiny of the facts, for example:
>>
>>     "There is a lot of uncertainty about whether or not the
>>      resources are present and whether or not the resources
>>      are of sufficient size to be deemed technically recoverable,
>>      Houseknecht said."
>>
>> https://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/12/07/how-much-oil-is-really-in-anwr/
>>
>>     USGS estimates between 4 an 18 billion barrels in ANWAR, based on
>> a single
>>     exploratory well drilled by Chevron/BP, who have never released the
>>     results of the drill to anyone, even the government.
>>
>>     USA uses 20 million barrels of oil every day.   So ANWAR is a 200 day
>>     supply at the low end, three years at the high end.
>>
>> The tar sands pipeline is an expensive boondoggle that would have zero
>> effect
>> on the price of gas at the gas station, and it wouldn't be finished
>> for years yet and has the worst ERORI of the oil sector.
>>
>> And it is Congress, not the President that must authorize drilling
>> in ANWAR, and they haven't for the last 30 years through both
>> democratic and republican administrations.
>>
>> But Frank and Facts don't mix.
>>

>>> and what would you cut off?
>>
>> So Frank brings up Heating Oil as the next republican dogwhistle.
>>
>> There are 128.45 million households in the USA.  5.3 million are heated
>> with heating oil, a bit less than 5%.
>>
>> https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/heating-oil/use-of-heating-oil.php
>>
>> Heating oil prices have gone up in the past, and we've survived it
>> just fine.   Just like the high gas prices in 2008 and 2012
>> (both higher when adjusted for inflation than
>> today.  Remember the delivery surcharges in those years?) were
>> survivable.
>>
>> https://www.statista.com/statistics/204740/retail-price-of-gasoline-in-the-united-states-since-1990/
>>

> Open borders, rampant inflation and crime and fiasco in Afghanistan.  No
> thanks.  What else to we have to put up with?  No more dog whistles are
> welcome.

Insurrection, Reversal of womens rights, an entire political party that
has no limits on the absurd extreme rightists, racists, misogynists,
insurrectionists, plutocrats, aristocrats, and other anti democracy
candidates they will welcome into their party as they do their best to
end democracy in the USA forever.

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<j0bhK.48990$JSxf.20690@fx11.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24808&group=alt.home.repair#24808

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
References: <upkmtghuuhluikhnj6mrfkml07t6gbrdnj@4ax.com> <16f00ef5d7d1f282$1$573844$4226dc73@news.newsgroupdirect.com> <pU6hK.4311$NMxb.3349@fx02.iad> <tQWkHNoqFYIVoWiYpPfGYOzlpkMFcCwl@news.usenet.farm> <t633jl$ui2$1@dont-email.me> <t634ab$4da$1@dont-email.me> <39dc0461-562a-4399-9792-e3d92d053205n@googlegroups.com> <t635g7$cs2$1@dont-email.me> <0223c8cd-2920-44ec-9265-eddb75f5591dn@googlegroups.com> <t636oc$nun$1@dont-email.me> <5P9hK.61495$qMI1.17632@fx96.iad> <t63cft$d5i$1@gioia.aioe.org>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 18:35:59 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Wed, 18 May 2022 18:35 UTC

Frank <Frank@frank..net> writes:
>On 5/18/2022 1:13 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
>> Frank <"frank "@frank.net> writes:

>> So the Troll rears his ugly mug again with a new name. As pointed out by Bob:

>> Not to mention supply chain issues related to Covid-19 (i.e. it takes time
>> to ramp production back up) and the Russian war in Ukraine. Both of which have
>> had significant effect. Then there are the record profits of the oil
>> companies (after all, their production costs haven't increased at the
>> same rate as the market price (which is based on scarcity)).

>> So Frank butts in with the typical pipeline, anwar and regs dogwhistles, none
>> of which hold up to actual scrutiny of the facts, for example:
>>
>> "There is a lot of uncertainty about whether or not the
>> resources are present and whether or not the resources
>> are of sufficient size to be deemed technically recoverable,
>> Houseknecht said."
>>
>> https://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/12/07/how-much-oil-is-really-in-anwr/
>>
>> USGS estimates between 4 an 18 billion barrels in ANWAR, based on a single
>> exploratory well drilled by Chevron/BP, who have never released the
>> results of the drill to anyone, even the government.
>>
>> USA uses 20 million barrels of oil every day. So ANWAR is a 200 day
>> supply at the low end, three years at the high end.
>>
>> The tar sands pipeline is an expensive boondoggle that would have zero effect
>> on the price of gas at the gas station, and it wouldn't be finished
>> for years yet and has the worst ERORI of the oil sector.
>>
>> And it is Congress, not the President that must authorize drilling
>> in ANWAR, and they haven't for the last 30 years through both
>> democratic and republican administrations.
>>
>> But Frank and Facts don't mix.
>>

>>> and what would you cut off?
>>
>> So Frank brings up Heating Oil as the next republican dogwhistle.
>>
>> There are 128.45 million households in the USA. 5.3 million are heated
>> with heating oil, a bit less than 5%.
>>
>> https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/heating-oil/use-of-heating-oil.php
>>
>> Heating oil prices have gone up in the past, and we've survived it
>> just fine. Just like the high gas prices in 2008 and 2012
>> (both higher when adjusted for inflation than
>> today. Remember the delivery surcharges in those years?) were survivable.
>>
>> https://www.statista.com/statistics/204740/retail-price-of-gasoline-in-the-united-states-since-1990/
>
>Open borders, rampant inflation and crime and fiasco in Afghanistan. No
>thanks. What else to we have to put up with? No more dog whistles are
>welcome.

Ok. So Frank _COMPLETELY_ ignores the facts and brings up additional
republican dogwhistles.

The border is not open

A COVID-19 policy invoked to allow border officials
to quickly expel immigrants arriving at U.S. borders
is scheduled to end May 23. Barring any change, immigrants
may soon find it easier to request asylum and stay in the U.S.
while their applications are pending. The impact on the number
of people showing up at the border is difficult to predict. In
some DHS scenarios, as many as 18,000 migrants a day might arrive
at the southwest border, although one DHS official told Congress
the number of migrants is expected to fall.

But even after the pandemic policy is over, many migrants can
be quickly turned back or enter a long winding process if they
are placed in removal proceedings or apply for asylum or other
immigration protections.

The term "open border" can be subjective, but controls at the
southern border are significant. They include nearly 20,000 Border
Patrol agents and surveillance systems that rely on motion detectors
and blimps that scan for low-flying aircrafts. And there are hundreds
of miles of fencing at the southwest border.

"There's no such thing as an open border," Terence Garrett, political
science professor at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, told
PolitiFact in April.

In Biden's State of the Union Address, he talked about the importance
of strengthening border controls.

"If we are to advance liberty and justice, we need to secure the
border and fix the immigration system. We can do both," Biden said
March 1, 2022. "At our border, we've installed new technology like
cutting-edge scanners to better detect drug smuggling. We've set up
joint patrols with Mexico and Guatemala to catch more human traffickers."

Inflation is present, but not yet rampant, and it is a result of amongst other things,
Covid-19, Trump's China Tarrifs, Trump's Canadian Lumber tarrifs, the Russian
War in Ukraine and a seriously restricted supply line.

and WTF does Afghanistan have to do with anything? How, exactly was
fullfilling the commitment by Mr Trump to withdraw by a certain date
wrong?

Re: Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?

<t63fib$tvl$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24810&group=alt.home.repair#24810

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 14:57:15 -0400
<t633jl$ui2$1@dont-email.me> <t634ab$4da$1@dont-email.me>
<39dc0461-562a-4399-9792-e3d92d053205n@googlegroups.com>
<t635g7$cs2$1@dont-email.me>
<0223c8cd-2920-44ec-9265-eddb75f5591dn@googlegroups.com>
<t636oc$nun$1@dont-email.me> <5P9hK.61495$qMI1.17632@fx96.iad>
<t63cft$d5i$1@gioia.aioe.org> <j0bhK.48990$JSxf.20690@fx11.iad>
 by: Frank - Wed, 18 May 2022 18:57 UTC

On 5/18/2022 2:35 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> [...]
> PolitiFact in April.
>
> In Biden's State of the Union Address, he talked about the importance
> of strengthening border controls.
>
> "If we are to advance liberty and justice, we need to secure the
> border and fix the immigration system. We can do both," Biden said
> March 1, 2022. "At our border, we've installed new technology like
> cutting-edge scanners to better detect drug smuggling. We've set up
> joint patrols with Mexico and Guatemala to catch more human traffickers."
>
> Inflation is present, but not yet rampant, and it is a result of amongst other things,
> Covid-19, Trump's China Tarrifs, Trump's Canadian Lumber tarrifs, the Russian
> War in Ukraine and a seriously restricted supply line.
>
> and WTF does Afghanistan have to do with anything? How, exactly was
> fullfilling the commitment by Mr Trump to withdraw by a certain date

You guys are incredibly stupid. It is amazing that you can even read
and write.