The sheep that fly over your head are soon to land.

interests / soc.culture.polish / Re: Citizen Lab Kanada i NSO Group Pegasus Izrael żyją na Księdze twarzy

SubjectAuthor
* Citizen Lab Kanada i NSO Group Pegasus Izrael żyjąa a
+* Re: Citizen Lab Kanada i NSO Group Pegasus Izrael ża a
|`* Re: Citizen Lab Kanada i NSO Group Pegasus Izrael ża a
| `- Re: Citizen Lab Kanada i NSO Group Pegasus Izrael ża a
`* Re: Citizen Lab Kanada i NSO Group Pegasus Izrael ża a
 `- Re: Citizen Lab Kanada i NSO Group Pegasus Izrael ża a

1
Citizen Lab Kanada i NSO Group Pegasus Izrael żyją na Księdze twarzy

<321f2638-ff29-439b-9b36-4e8c5576b9f0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24921&group=soc.culture.polish#24921

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 14:19:05 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Citizen_Lab_Kanada_i_NSO_Group_Pegasus_Izrael_żyją
_na_Księdze_twarzy
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 22:19 UTC

https://www.facebook.com/citizenlabco

Pinned post
CitizenLab
March 18, 2021 ·
A lot has changed in the world since we launched CitizenLab in 2015, but one thing has stood strong - our mission to make decision-making more open, inclusive & equitable. Check out our new company video to hear how we put that into practice ⤵💡
🎥 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRPvKS83ilA&t=1s

https://www.facebook.com/nsogroupofficial

About
See all
NSO GROUP
NSO Group develops best-in-class technology to help government agencies detect and prevent terrorism and crime.
NSO Group Technologies (NSO standing for Niv, Shalev and Omri, the names of the company's founders) is an Israel-based technology firm whose spyware called Pegasus enables the remote surveillance of smartphones. It was founded in 2010 by Niv Carmi, Omri Lavie, and Shalev Hulio.[2][3][4] It employed almost 500 people as of 2017, and is based in Herzliya, near Tel Aviv.[1][5][6]
Annual revenues were around US$40 million in 2013 and $150 million in 2015.[2][7] In June 2017, the company was put up for sale for $1 billion by Francisco Partners Management.[5] Founders Lavie and Hulio, partnering with European private equity fund Novalpina Capital, purchased a majority stake in NSO in February 2019.[8]
NSO claims that it provides "authorized governments with technology that helps them combat terror and crime".[9] According to several reports, software created by NSO Group was used in targeted attacks against human rights activists and journalists in various countries,[10][11][12] was used in state espionage against Pakistan,[13] and played a role in the murder of Saudi dissident Jamal Kashoggi.[14] In October 2019, instant messaging company WhatsApp and its parent company Facebook sued NSO under the US Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA). See less
352 people like this
404 people follow this
http://www.nsogroup.com/
+263 77 278 3920
= NSO Group Official
August 11, 2020 ·
Pegasus is the name of a spyware that can be installed on devices running certain versions of iOS, Apple's mobile operating system. Upon clicking on a malicious link, Pegasus secretly enables a jailbreak on the device and can read text messages, track calls, collect passwords, trace the phone location,as well as gather information from apps including (but not limited to) iMessage, Gmail, Viber, Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram, and Skype.
If you Would Want the Spyware, Get in touch with us Today.
No photo description available.

NSO Group Official

Re: Citizen Lab Kanada i NSO Group Pegasus Izrael żyją na Księdze twarzy

<9817a58d-f898-4e17-8d80-144a8c58f59an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24951&group=soc.culture.polish#24951

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 03:28:24 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_Citizen_Lab_Kanada_i_NSO_Group_Pegasus_Izrael_ż
yją_na_Księdze_twarzy
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 11:28 UTC

On Sunday, 23 January 2022 at 23:19:06 UTC+1, a a wrote:
> https://www.facebook.com/citizenlabco
>
> Pinned post
> CitizenLab
> March 18, 2021 ·
> A lot has changed in the world since we launched CitizenLab in 2015, but one thing has stood strong - our mission to make decision-making more open, inclusive & equitable. Check out our new company video to hear how we put that into practice ⤵💡
> 🎥 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRPvKS83ilA&t=1s
>
> https://www.facebook.com/nsogroupofficial
>
> About
> See all
> NSO GROUP
> NSO Group develops best-in-class technology to help government agencies detect and prevent terrorism and crime.
> NSO Group Technologies (NSO standing for Niv, Shalev and Omri, the names of the company's founders) is an Israel-based technology firm whose spyware called Pegasus enables the remote surveillance of smartphones. It was founded in 2010 by Niv Carmi, Omri Lavie, and Shalev Hulio.[2][3][4] It employed almost 500 people as of 2017, and is based in Herzliya, near Tel Aviv.[1][5][6]
> Annual revenues were around US$40 million in 2013 and $150 million in 2015.[2][7] In June 2017, the company was put up for sale for $1 billion by Francisco Partners Management.[5] Founders Lavie and Hulio, partnering with European private equity fund Novalpina Capital, purchased a majority stake in NSO in February 2019.[8]
> NSO claims that it provides "authorized governments with technology that helps them combat terror and crime".[9] According to several reports, software created by NSO Group was used in targeted attacks against human rights activists and journalists in various countries,[10][11][12] was used in state espionage against Pakistan,[13] and played a role in the murder of Saudi dissident Jamal Kashoggi.[14] In October 2019, instant messaging company WhatsApp and its parent company Facebook sued NSO under the US Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA). See less
> 352 people like this
> 404 people follow this
> http://www.nsogroup.com/
> +263 77 278 3920
> ==
>
> NSO Group Official
> August 11, 2020 ·
> Pegasus is the name of a spyware that can be installed on devices running certain versions of iOS, Apple's mobile operating system. Upon clicking on a malicious link, Pegasus secretly enables a jailbreak on the device and can read text messages, track calls, collect passwords, trace the phone location,as well as gather information from apps including (but not limited to) iMessage, Gmail, Viber, Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram, and Skype.
> If you Would Want the Spyware, Get in touch with us Today.
> No photo description available.
>

> NSO Group Official
--Citizen Lab
@citizenlab
Research & development at the intersection of cyberspace, global security & human rights. Munk School of Global Affairs & Public Policy, University of Toronto
Torontocitizenlab.caJoined April 2009
1,754 Following
100.6K Followers
Tweets
Tweets & replies
Media
Likes
Citizen Lab’s Tweets
Pinned Tweet

Citizen Lab
@citizenlab
·
Jan 18
NEW REPORT

Cross-country Exposure: Analysis of the MY2022 Olympics app

citizenlab.ca
Cross-country Exposure: Analysis of the MY2022 Olympics app - The Citizen Lab
MY2022, an app mandated for use by all attendees of the 2022 Olympic Games in Beijing, has a simple but devastating flaw where encryption protecting users’ voice audio and file transfers can be...
8 190
224
https://twitter.com/citizenlab

Re: Citizen Lab Kanada i NSO Group Pegasus Izrael żyją na Księdze twarzy

<7094eac4-dffd-4097-a064-417b1f5c2ff7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24952&group=soc.culture.polish#24952

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 03:29:39 -0800 (PST)
yją_na_Księdze_twarzy
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 11:29 UTC

On Sunday, 23 January 2022 at 23:19:06 UTC+1, a a wrote:
> https://www.facebook.com/citizenlabco
>
> Pinned post
> CitizenLab
> March 18, 2021 ·
> A lot has changed in the world since we launched CitizenLab in 2015, but one thing has stood strong - our mission to make decision-making more open, inclusive & equitable. Check out our new company video to hear how we put that into practice ⤵💡
> 🎥 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRPvKS83ilA&t=1s
>
> https://www.facebook.com/nsogroupofficial
>
> About
> See all
> NSO GROUP
> NSO Group develops best-in-class technology to help government agencies detect and prevent terrorism and crime.
> NSO Group Technologies (NSO standing for Niv, Shalev and Omri, the names of the company's founders) is an Israel-based technology firm whose spyware called Pegasus enables the remote surveillance of smartphones. It was founded in 2010 by Niv Carmi, Omri Lavie, and Shalev Hulio.[2][3][4] It employed almost 500 people as of 2017, and is based in Herzliya, near Tel Aviv.[1][5][6]
> Annual revenues were around US$40 million in 2013 and $150 million in 2015.[2][7] In June 2017, the company was put up for sale for $1 billion by Francisco Partners Management.[5] Founders Lavie and Hulio, partnering with European private equity fund Novalpina Capital, purchased a majority stake in NSO in February 2019.[8]
> NSO claims that it provides "authorized governments with technology that helps them combat terror and crime".[9] According to several reports, software created by NSO Group was used in targeted attacks against human rights activists and journalists in various countries,[10][11][12] was used in state espionage against Pakistan,[13] and played a role in the murder of Saudi dissident Jamal Kashoggi.[14] In October 2019, instant messaging company WhatsApp and its parent company Facebook sued NSO under the US Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA). See less
> 352 people like this
> 404 people follow this
> http://www.nsogroup.com/
> +263 77 278 3920
> ==
>
> NSO Group Official
> August 11, 2020 ·
> Pegasus is the name of a spyware that can be installed on devices running certain versions of iOS, Apple's mobile operating system. Upon clicking on a malicious link, Pegasus secretly enables a jailbreak on the device and can read text messages, track calls, collect passwords, trace the phone location,as well as gather information from apps including (but not limited to) iMessage, Gmail, Viber, Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram, and Skype.
> If you Would Want the Spyware, Get in touch with us Today.
> No photo description available.
>

> NSO Group Official
About the Citizen Lab
The Citizen Lab is an interdisciplinary laboratory based at the Munk School of Global Affairs & Public Policy, University of Toronto, focusing on research, development, and high-level strategic policy and legal engagement at the intersection of information and communication technologies, human rights, and global security.

We use a “mixed methods” approach to research combining practices from political science, law, computer science, and area studies. Our research includes: investigating digital espionage against civil society, documenting Internet filtering and other technologies and practices that impact freedom of expression online, analyzing privacy, security, and information controls of popular applications, and examining transparency and accountability mechanisms relevant to the relationship between corporations and state agencies regarding personal data and other surveillance activities.

Professor Ron Deibert is the founder and current director of the Citizen Lab.

An information booklet on the Citizen Lab can be found here.

Support the Citizen Lab
Financial support for the Citizen Lab’s research has come from the The Canada Centre for Global Security Studies, Donner Canadian Foundation, Ford Foundation, Hewlett Foundation, HIVOS, The Hopewell Fund, International Development Research Centre (IDRC), John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, Oak Foundation, Open Society Foundations, Psiphon Inc., The Sigrid Rausing Trust, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, Walter and Duncan Gordon Foundation.

The Citizen Lab is grateful for in-kind donations of investigative tools from companies including: RiskIQ/PassiveTotal, HYAS, VirusTotal, Cisco’s AMP Threat Grid Team, and others.

Make a donation to the Citizen Lab. Your support plays an essential role in sustaining the quality, independence, and impact of our work.

Inquiries?
For general inquiries to the Citizen Lab, please email: inquiries at citizenlab.ca

For media inquiries, visit our media resources page or email: media at citizenlab.ca

Technical assistance

https://citizenlab.ca/about/

Re: Citizen Lab Kanada i NSO Group Pegasus Izrael żyją na Księdze twarzy

<7ea5e11f-fe14-4043-81ef-3764e43555d0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24953&group=soc.culture.polish#24953

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 03:30:54 -0800 (PST)
yją_na_Księdze_twarzy
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 11:30 UTC

On Monday, 24 January 2022 at 12:28:25 UTC+1, a a wrote:
> [...]
> 1,754 Following
> 100.6K Followers
> Tweets
> Tweets & replies
> Media
> Likes
> Citizen Lab’s Tweets
> Pinned Tweet
>
> Citizen Lab
> @citizenlab
> ·
> Jan 18
> NEW REPORT
>
> Cross-country Exposure: Analysis of the MY2022 Olympics app
>
> citizenlab.ca
> Cross-country Exposure: Analysis of the MY2022 Olympics app - The Citizen Lab
> MY2022, an app mandated for use by all attendees of the 2022 Olympic Games in Beijing, has a simple but devastating flaw where encryption protecting users’ voice audio and file transfers can be...
==RONALD DEIBERT
Director, The Citizen Lab, Munk School of Global Affairs & Public Policy, University of Toronto

HOME
BIO
CBC MASSEY LECTURES (RESET)
CONTACT
RESEARCH
STUDENT SUPERVISION
TEACHING
Bio

Ron Deibert is a professor at the Munk School and in the Department of Political Science, and Director of the Citizen Lab at the Munk School, University of Toronto. The Citizen Lab is an interdisciplinary research and development hothouse working at the intersection of the Internet, global security, and human rights.

Ron Deibert, (OOnt, PhD, University of British Columbia) is Professor of Political Science, and Director of the Citizen Lab at the Munk School of Global Affairs & Public Policy, University of Toronto. The Citizen Lab is an interdisciplinary laboratory focusing on research, development, and high-level strategic policy and legal engagement at the intersection of information and communication technologies, human rights, and global security.

As Director of the Citizen Lab, Deibert has overseen and been a contributing author to more than 120 reports covering path breaking research on cyber espionage, commercial spyware, Internet censorship, and human rights. These reports include the landmark Tracking Ghostnet report (which uncovered an espionage operation that infiltrated the computer networks of hundreds of government offices, NGOs, and other organizations, including those of the Dalai Lama), China’s Great Cannon (an offensive tool used to hijack digital traffic through Distributed Denial of Service attacks), the Kingdom Came to Canada (an investigation of a Canadian permanent resident, Saudi dissident, and Khashoggi colleague who was targeted with commercial spyware), and the Reckless Series (an investigation into the abuse of commercial spyware to target journalists, anti-corruption advocates, and public health officials in Mexico). These reports have been cited widely in global media, garnering 25 front page exclusives in the New York Times, Washington Post, and other leading outlets, and have been cited by policymakers, academics, and civil society as foundational to the understanding of digital technologies, human rights, and global security.

Deibert was a co-founder and a principal investigator of the OpenNet Initiative (2003-2014) and Information Warfare Monitor (2003-2012) projects. Deibert was one of the founders and (former) VP of global policy and outreach for Psiphon, one of the world’s leading digital censorship circumvention services.

He is a co-editor of three major volumes with MIT Press: Access Denied: The Practice and Policy of Internet Filtering (2008), Access Controlled: The Shaping of Power, Rights, and Rule in Cyberspace (2010), and Access Contested: Security, Identity, and Resistance in Asian Cyberspace (2011). He is the author of Parchment, Printing, and Hypermedia: Communications in World Order Transformation (New York: Columbia University Press, 1997), Black Code: Surveillance, Privacy and the Dark Side of Cyberspace (Signal/McClelland & Stewart/Random House, 2013), and RESET: Reclaiming the Internet for Civil Society (House of Anansi Press, 2020 / September Publishing, UK), which was delivered as part of the 2020 Massey Lecture series and won the 2021 Shaughnessy Cohen Prize for Political Writing.

Deibert presently serves on the editorial boards of the journals International Political Sociology, Explorations in Media Ecology, Review of Policy Research, Journal of Global Security Studies, and Astropolitics. He has served on the advisory boards of Access Now, Privacy International, the technical advisory groups of Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, and is currently on the advisory boards of PEN Canada and the Design4Democracy Coalition, and the Steering Committee of the World Movement for Democracy.

Deibert was awarded the University of Toronto’s Outstanding Teaching Award (2002), the Northrop Frye Distinguished Teaching and Research Award (2002), the Carolyn Tuohy Award for Public Policy (2010), and the President’s Impact Award (2017). He was a Ford Foundation research scholar of information and communication technologies (2002-2004). He was named among Esquire Magazine’s “Best and Brightest List” of 2007, listed among SC Magazine’s 2010 top “IT Security Luminaries”, and in 2017 named one of the top “Humans of the Year” by VICE. Foreign Policy magazine named Deibert to its 2017 “Global (Re)Thinkers” list.

In recognition of his own work or that of the Citizen Lab, he has been awarded the Electronic Frontier Foundation Pioneer Award (2015), the Neil Postman Award for Career Achievement in Public Intellectual Activity (2014), the Advancement of Intellectual Freedom in Canada Award from the Canadian Library Association (2014), and the Canadian Journalists for Free Expression Vox Libera Award (2010). In 2019, he received an honorary Doctor of Laws from the University of Guelph. In 2020, he was awarded two ISA (International Studies Association) awards: the ISA Canada Distinguished Scholar award and the STAIR Distinguished Scholar ‘Transversal Acts’ award.

In 2013, he was appointed to the Order of Ontario and awarded the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee medal, for being “among the first to recognize and take measures to mitigate growing threats to communications rights, openness and security worldwide.”

https://deibert.citizenlab.ca/bio/

Re: Citizen Lab Kanada i NSO Group Pegasus Izrael żyją na Księdze twarzy

<99caa70d-b06a-490a-9c49-898f4a4897aan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24954&group=soc.culture.polish#24954

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 03:31:52 -0800 (PST)
yją_na_Księdze_twarzy
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 11:31 UTC

https://citizenlab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/18033-Citizen-Lab-booklet-p-E.pdf

==About the Citizen Lab
The Citizen Lab is an interdisciplinary laboratory based
at the Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto,
focusing on research, development, and high-level strategic
policy and legal engagement at the intersection of digital
technologies, human rights, and global security.
Our mission is to produce evidence-based research on cyber security issues
that are associated with human rights concerns.
We use a mixed methods approach to research, combining practices from
political science, law, computer science, and area studies.
We are independent of government or corporate interests and publish
evidence-based, peer-reviewed research. We evaluate the ethical and legal
implications of all of our projects.
Our research includes: investigating digital espionage against civil society;
documenting Internet filtering and other practices that impact freedom of
expression online; examining transparency and accountability mechanisms
relevant to the relationship between corporations and state agencies regarding
personal data; and analyzing privacy, security, and information controls of
popular applications.
2 “The university has an important
obligation to protect the Internet
as a forum for open access to inform-
ation and free expression. I see the
mission of the Citizen Lab to help
fulfil that obligation through careful,
evidence-based research.”
— Ronald Deibert, Founder and Director, The Citizen Lab

Re: Citizen Lab Kanada i NSO Group Pegasus Izrael żyją na Księdze twarzy

<210478f6-95f2-46b4-bead-e777bfe270afn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=24955&group=soc.culture.polish#24955

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 03:33:30 -0800 (PST)
yją_na_Księdze_twarzy
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 11:33 UTC

On Monday, 24 January 2022 at 12:30:55 UTC+1, a a wrote:
> [...]
>
> In 2013, he was appointed to the Order of Ontario and awarded the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee medal, for being “among the first to recognize and take measures to mitigate growing threats to communications rights, openness and security worldwide.”

--Media Resources
Back to About

Click here to read the complete article

interests / soc.culture.polish / Re: Citizen Lab Kanada i NSO Group Pegasus Izrael żyją na Księdze twarzy