"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." -- Bernard Berenson

interests / alt.politics / Re: Putin provides details on Russia's hypersonic missiles

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Putin provides details on Russia's hypersonic missiles26C.Z969
+- Re: Putin provides details on Russia's hypersonic missilesNoBody
`- Re: Putin provides details on Russia's hypersonic missilesgovernor.swill

1
Re: Putin provides details on Russia's hypersonic missiles

<iIydnS4PLMSPszj-nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=25208&group=alt.politics#25208

Subject: Re: Putin provides details on Russia's hypersonic missiles
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.survival,alt.politics.usa,alt.politics
From: 26C.Z...@noaada.net (26C.Z969)
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 23:26:43 -0500
 by: 26C.Z969 - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 04:26 UTC

On 12/22/22 1:13 AM, !Jones wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Dec 2022 00:59:44 -0500, in talk.politics.guns "26C.Z969"
> <26C.Z969@noaada.net> wrote:
>
>> Strictly, when they say "hypersonic missile" what
>> they're talking about is ...
>
> I believe they're known to the missile geeks as FOBs (Fractile-Orbital
> Ballistics) Actually, that idea was around in WWII as a way for
> Germany to hit the US with a V2. Weren't they banned for a while in
> the '70s, or am I thinking of something else?

The modern 'V2' kinda skims the very thin upper atmosphere
at extremely high speed. It is not like a traditional ICBM
in that respect - those push up above the atmosphere and
are mostly on a fixed course from early on. The 'hypersonics'
can still maneuver through their entire flight. Adding a
little automatic randomness makes them almost impossible to
hit with "dumb" weapons and the residual atmosphere they
travel in distorts their precise position and would tend
to disperse laser counter-measures.

Additionally the (relatively) low altitude means they won't
show up on land/sea-based radar until it's basically too
late to react.

You COULD spot/track them from orbital resources. Not sure
if you could HIT them, but you'd at least see them coming.
Thing is, the super-powers all have anti-sat weapons at
this point - so, if the shit hits the fan, they'll be the
first to go dark.

Nobody is spending ALL this gold on "V2"s ... these kinds
of weapons neutralize a number of longstanding modes of
defense.

Putin said today that he's about to deploy his "Satan-II",
equipped with the "largest warhead ever" - which I presume
means in excess of the Tzar Bomba at about 50 megatons.
Aim for Newark, take out NYC, and trash a good chunk of
Penn and CT too. Warheads that size are "regional" weapons.
Toss in 100 kilos or so of cobalt and they also become "area
denial" weapons - can't live/farm there for 100s of years.
Ain't human progress just wunnerful ....

(Tzar Bomba was originally designed to be a 100+ megaton
weapon - but at the last minute they (wisely) decided to
leave out the final stage of the fission/fusion/fission
chain. It was also a HUGE bomb - but today's tech could
likely put 50+ megatons into a relatively compact package.
Putin suggests this is so)

According to the "experts" - the mil-sats would suddenly
go offline, followed 10 minutes later by several
EMP-enhanced high-altitude blasts that would fry most
modern transistor-based comm devices (I do have a couple
of old tube-based radios, but you've gotta provide power
and there won't be any). Most cars/trucks won't work.
Within a close time-frame every major military base and
cluster of missile silos would be hit by dirty ground-
level blasts. Then come the "important" big cities
with 100kt to 10+ MT hits. Russia likes BIG bombs - no
"surgical strikes". Then come the secondary targets -
industrial/tech cities and such. Subs can launch and
hit within 5-10 minutes, which ain't much time to do shit.
Fallout in the northern hemisphere generally travels to
the north-east, and from a big bomb a lot will travel a
long way. After that, it'll move to strategic 2nd/3rd-world
bases and cities. All kinds of services and supply lines
implode. Then basically we're a highly endangered species.

And no, hunkering in the bunker ain't gonna save you - only
draw it out a little longer.

And it can all EASILY start from ONE little spark - one
dink like Putin (in Russia even some field-commanders have
discretion to fire nukes) - with an itchy trigger-finger
or bad hangover.

Get the picture ? This is the world we've made.

And Putin is looking pretty ill now - may not GIVE a
shit about long-range consequences - go out in a blaze
of glory. the last "great leader" ....

Re: Putin provides details on Russia's hypersonic missiles

<ZzapL.14353$Ldj8.3823@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=25209&group=alt.politics#25209

From: NoB...@noplace.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.survival,alt.politics.usa,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 20:58:32 -0800
 by: NoBody - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 04:58 UTC

On 12/22/2022 8:26 PM, 26C.Z969 wrote:
> On 12/22/22 1:13 AM, !Jones wrote:
>> On Thu, 22 Dec 2022 00:59:44 -0500, in talk.politics.guns "26C.Z969"
>> <26C.Z969@noaada.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Strictly, when they say "hypersonic missile" what
>>>    they're talking about is ...
>>
>> I believe they're known to the missile geeks as FOBs (Fractile-Orbital
>> Ballistics)  Actually, that idea was around in WWII as a way for
>> Germany to hit the US with a V2.  Weren't they banned for a while in
>> the '70s, or am I thinking of something else?
>
>   The modern 'V2' kinda skims the very thin upper atmosphere
>   at extremely high speed. It is not like a

Sorry, but you have not demonstrated that you have any expertise in any of this.

Re: Putin provides details on Russia's hypersonic missiles

<dglaqhlud0qm2rot6oer2u21pb5o9jujvq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=25213&group=alt.politics#25213

From: governor...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.survival,alt.politics.usa,alt.politics
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 02:19:58 -0500
 by: governor...@gmail.com - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 07:19 UTC

Yo, dude, just wondering why you haven't responded to this question:

On Wed, 21 Dec 2022 21:33:36 -0500, "26C.Z969" wrote:

>https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-release-report-on-trump-tax-returns-revealing-income-taxes-paid-irs-audit
>
>Democrats release report on Trump tax returns, revealing income,
>taxes paid, IRS audit

"According to the report, Trump paid little to no federal income taxes
on his multimillion-dollar income from 2015 to 2022, as he claimed
millions in business losses."

If Trump is such a great businessman and a billionaire, how can he be
having so many millions in business losses that he paid little to no
federal income taxes over the seven year period from 2015 to 2022?

That asked, since he ended up with zero income for at least six years
straight, how did he get so fat? Is somebody giving away free food?

Swill
--
"Instead of building a wall or sending CBP agents to the border, why doesn’t
the @gop send thoughts and prayers? It works so well for Mass Shootings