Subject: Re: A brother and sister had to stop 6 times in 1 day to charge their rented Tesla in cold weather because the battery drained so quickly
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.usa,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
From: 26C.Z...@noaada.net (26C.Z969)
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2023 18:03:45 -0500
 by: 26C.Z969 - Sun, 1 Jan 2023 23:03 UTC

Aww ... Global Warming will soon fix THAT problem :-)

Anyway, yea, chemical batteries rarely react well to cold.
You COULD put heater strips in the paks, but how much extra
power would be lost just keeping the bats warm ?

Of course conventional autos/trucks also have serious issues
with deep cold. In central US northwards almost all have
plug-in engine heaters. WAY northwards, well, once winter
arrives you really never shut off yer trucks and equipment
or the oil will solidify, coolant will expand and burst
and - esp diesel - will turn into yellow jello.

Re: A brother and sister had to stop 6 times in 1 day to charge their rented Tesla in cold weather because the battery drained so quickly

<8hp6rh1kg1s0p2omfdblq7t9o05vujsv4g@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=25514&group=alt.politics#25514

From: governor...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.usa,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2023 18:21:10 -0500
 by: governor...@gmail.com - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 23:21 UTC

On Sun, 1 Jan 2023 18:03:45 -0500, "26C.Z969" <26C.Z969@noaada.net>
wrote:

>Aww ... Global Warming will soon fix THAT problem :-)
>
>Anyway, yea, chemical batteries rarely react well to cold.
>You COULD put heater strips in the paks, but how much extra
>power would be lost just keeping the bats warm ?
>
>Of course conventional autos/trucks also have serious issues
>with deep cold. In central US northwards almost all have
>plug-in engine heaters. WAY northwards, well, once winter
>arrives you really never shut off yer trucks and equipment
>or the oil will solidify, coolant will expand and burst
>and - esp diesel - will turn into yellow jello.

That's why engine block heaters are a dealer installed option. Heated
garages are the order of the day up there. Good luck getting your car
to start if it's parked on the street at 37 below.

Swill
NP: Opie and Anthony, "Evil Barney Babysits"

"Barney needs a goddamned drink.
Where does daddy keep the stuff he drinks before he starts hitting
mommy?"
--
"Reality is an acquired taste." - Matthew Perry