Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.media,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.usa
From: 26C.Z...@noaada.net (26C.Z969)
Subject: FoxNews Leads Ratings For 7th Year Straight
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2023 22:59:11 -0500
 by: 26C.Z969 - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 03:59 UTC

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-channel-largest-cable-tv-audience-7th-straight-year-2022

Fox News Channel officially finished 2022 as the most-watched
cable network in all of television for the seventh straight year

Americans flocked to Fox News during a jam-packed year that
saw Russia invade Ukraine, the death of Queen Elizabeth II,
crucial midterm elections, widespread economic issues, the
impact of the COVID pandemic, Elon Musk’s Twitter takeover,
the raid of former President Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence
and other major news stories.

Along the way, "The Five" made history as the first
non-primetime program to ever lead cable news viewership
for an entire year and Laura Ingraham finished as the
highest-rated female host. Fox News finished as the
most-watched cable news channel for the 21st consecutive
year.

.. . .

Frankly, they've become kinda terrible - but the others
have become proportionally MORE terrible too.

Carlson and now Ingraham seem to have gone pro-Putin
at this point - eager to screw poor abused Ukraine
and oblivious to WHY it's so important to support.

Hannity - can only stand him for about five minutes.

The "Gutfeld" comedy "news" IS more accessible.

Their MORNING shows are just the same "friendly
laughing group" crap as the others (except with
an occasional ref to Jesus thrown in). Not really
much straight-up "news" anymore longer than five
or ten minutes. If you can get it, NewsNation
might be the better choice.

In short, Fox might be "best" - but it's a seriously
degraded "best" - it's only *relatively* best and
reflects the dismal state of American "news". For
a fair view on American and world affairs you'll
do much better with foreign net news. They don't
really "get" American politics/culture so they're
kinda obligated to stick to the raw facts without
much partisan "spin".

No, I doubt we're ever going back to Edward R. Murrow
and his "just the facts" style, or even Hutley & Brinkley
or Altered Walter - but they COULD do a lot better,
actually be "News". FOX *started* like that, and gained
a huge following, but .........

Heh, heh ... remember when they wheeled old old
Brinkley into a DNC Convention - expecting him
to spread butter on the whole thing - and instead
he basically said the modern DNC was full of shit
up to its eyebrows ? That's the LAST we ever saw
of Brinkley ..........

Re: FoxNews Leads Ratings For 7th Year Straight

<qyOdnUnuns11NCj-nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=25578&group=alt.politics#25578

Subject: Re: FoxNews Leads Ratings For 7th Year Straight
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.media,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.arts
From: 26C.Z...@noaada.net (26C.Z969)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 11:31:20 -0500
 by: 26C.Z969 - Wed, 4 Jan 2023 16:31 UTC

On 1/3/23 1:12 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> super70s@super70s.invalid wrote:
>> "26C.Z969" <26C.Z969@noaada.net> wrote:
>
>>> Fox News Channel officially finished 2022 as the most-watched
>>> cable network in all of television for the seventh straight year
>>>
>>> Americans flocked to Fox News during a jam-packed year that
>>> saw Russia invade Ukraine, the death of Queen Elizabeth II,
>>> crucial midterm elections, widespread economic issues, the
>>> impact of the COVID pandemic, Elon Musk's Twitter takeover,
>>> the raid of former President Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence
>>> and other major news stories.
>>>
>>> Along the way, "The Five" made history as the first
>>> non-primetime program to ever lead cable news viewership
>>> for an entire year and Laura Ingraham finished as the
>>> highest-rated female host. Fox News finished as the
>>> most-watched cable news channel for the 21st consecutive
>>> year.
>>
>> Current national IQ
>>
>> You'll have to scroll down to seventh to step out of Asia on this list,
>> with Finland the first Western country to make its mark. Go Asia! While
>> the US doesn't even make the top 25 for national IQ
>
> Sour grapes, much?
>
> Nonresponse noted.
> Adhominem noted.
>
> Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.

The USA has long been one of those safe/wealthy
countries - and that general perception leads us
to kinda slack off. Everything's OK and is gonna
stay that way, so why try to be sharp, to make
sure yer kids are sharp ?

HUNGRY, dangerous, unsettled countries though ...

"IQ" is a very "soft" number for a lot of reasons.
Like with porn, you know it when you see it. Might
take the form of Einstein in Switzerland, might take
the form of a sharp little street hustler in Kampala.

Re: FoxNews Leads Ratings For 7th Year Straight

<0ekbrh5r2ec10gggmqbf5i6a266ae5uqru@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=25586&group=alt.politics#25586

From: governor...@gmail.com
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.media,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.arts
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2023 14:22:51 -0500
 by: governor...@gmail.com - Wed, 4 Jan 2023 19:22 UTC

On Wed, 4 Jan 2023 11:31:20 -0500, "26C.Z969" wrote:

> The USA has long been one of those safe/wealthy
> countries - and that general perception leads us
> to kinda slack off. Everything's OK and is gonna
> stay that way, so why try to be sharp, to make
> sure yer kids are sharp ?
>
> HUNGRY, dangerous, unsettled countries though ...
>
> "IQ" is a very "soft" number for a lot of reasons.
> Like with porn, you know it when you see it. Might
> take the form of Einstein in Switzerland, might take
> the form of a sharp little street hustler in Kampala.

You can be so insightful at times.

It's hard to believe you lean right. ;)

Swill
--
"Reality is an acquired taste." - Matthew Perry