Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 12:45:47 -0800 (PST)
Subject: TN: Bdx, Burg, Galicia, Champagne, Loire,. Mosel
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 20:45 UTC

With sheetpan Kielbasa cabbage and white beans with a dill-mustard sauce
2015 Forjas del Salnes Finca Genoveva (Vinos Atlanticos)
Bright, cranberry and raspberry, a bright peppery note.quite a fun wine.
I’m thinking I should buy more (don’t remember where I got), but when I look find that this is $60ish, a bit out of my Galician comfort zone. B+

Roast chicken, asparagus and the 2008 Aurelien Verdet Nuits st. George
More Chambolle than NSG, bright abd light, just a touch of wood, fragrant and elegant, Not super long but satisfying B+/B

Miso glazed Salmon on green beans and broccolini, with a pair of roses (winter be damned)

NV Gosset Grand Rose Champagne
Sweet red fruit, balanced, bread and orange zest, very enjoyable. B+

2020 Baudry Chinon Rose
Light, crisp, long, and food friendly. B+

Longevity noodles with shrimp and mushrooms, chicken wings
2015 Prum Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett
I thought I had grabbed a 2008, while I think this will be a very good wine in time, it’s pretty closed right now. Some sweetness, pretty orchard fruit lurking underneath, but a door needs to open.

I had some Flannery strips, we decided to invite friends, I suggested we do typical steakhouse sides, said we could call it Betsy’s Dale Steakhouse, then Betsy ran with the idea. Set up a podium, put on elaborate costume, greeted our friends as hostess/coat check (including vaccination check)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_VC ... sp=sharing

Smoked fish appetizers, and a classic iceberg wedge
Then dry-aged strips, baked potatoes, sauteed spinach.

2014 Hervieux-Dumez Special Club Champagne
Toasty round, not that special a club. B-

2000 Sarget de Gruaud Larose
This wasn’t an intentional save, but it turned out quite well for a 20+ year second wine. Red berry fruit, some ferric notes, good acids, resolved tannins, fragrant, I think I’d have guessed Marguax before St Julien. In a good place. B/B+

2005 Potensac
Still pretty tannic, a bit stolid, plenty of ripe fruit. This might turn out pretty well, but rather boring now B-/B

Betsy made a vegetarian Kimchi Soondubu Jjigae. I opened the NV Patrice Colin “Les Perles d’Anne Sophie” Brut, a Loire bubbly (75% Chenin Blanc, 25% Chardonnay). It actually did a pretty serviceable job with a difficult match (great dish though). But I can’t say that as a wine it is really is a hit. Soft, appley, a little too squishy sweet. C+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.