Why be a man when you can be a success? -- Bertolt Brecht

interests / alt.politics / National Review Tells It Like It Is

SubjectAuthor
* National Review Tells It Like It IsBradley K. Sherman
+* Re: National Review Tells It Like It IsNem Tudom
|+- Re: National Review Tells It Like It IsNevermind
|+* Re: National Review Tells It Like It IsAlleyCat
||`* Re: National Review Tells It Like It Is26C.Z968
|| +* Re: National Review Tells It Like It Ispothead
|| |+- Re: National Review Tells It Like It IsNevermind
|| |+- Re: National Review Tells It Like It IsGovernor Swill
|| |`* Re: National Review Tells It Like It Is26C.Z968
|| | `* Re: National Review Tells It Like It IsMitchell Holman
|| |  `- Re: National Review Tells It Like It IsGovernor Swill
|| `- Re: National Review Tells It Like It IsRockinghorse Winner
|`- Re: National Review Tells It Like It IsGovernor Swill
`- Re: National Review Tells It Like It IsGovernor Swill

1
National Review Tells It Like It Is

<tqv0vh$l57$1@panix3.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=25982&group=alt.politics#25982

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: National Review Tells It Like It Is
Date: 26 Jan 2023 23:05:21 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Thu, 26 Jan 2023 23:05 UTC

| Trump Has Completely Lost His Grip on Reality
<https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/01/trump-has-completely-lost-his-grip-on-reality/>

--bks

Re: National Review Tells It Like It Is

<tqv1me$1cihn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=25984&group=alt.politics#25984

From: und...@stand.ing (Nem Tudom)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Re: National Review Tells It Like It Is
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 15:17:34 -0800
 by: Nem Tudom - Thu, 26 Jan 2023 23:17 UTC

On 1/26/2023 3:05 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:

> | Trump Has Completely Lost His Grip on Reality
> <https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/01/trump-has-completely-lost-his-grip-on-reality/>

Paywalled. Wanna tell us more?

Re: National Review Tells It Like It Is

<AFEAL.2860719$MJk2.1342800@fx06.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=25987&group=alt.politics#25987

From: NoO...@none.com (Nevermind)
Newsgroups: alt.politics
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 00:12:16 GMT
 by: Nevermind - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 00:12 UTC

> On 1/26/2023 3:05 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> > |
> > | Trump Has Completely Lost His Grip on Reality
> > <https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/01/
> > trump-has-completely-lost-his-grip-on-reality/>
>
> Paywalled. Wanna tell us more?

Here are a couple of recent stories along that line.

Trump Claims Winning a Golf Tournament He Appears to Have Cheated in Makes Him Fit to Be President
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/01/donald-trump-golf-tournament-strength-and-stamina

Donald Trump ruins funeral of one of his biggest supporters with bizarre speech
https://www.unilad.com/news/donald-trump-eulogy-diamond-silk-426896-20230124

Re: National Review Tells It Like It Is

<MPG.3e3ce8872297ae20989c1d@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=25992&group=alt.politics#25992

From: al...@aohell.com (AlleyCat)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 19:44:45 -0600
|\^x3[Jil;]v():]rL5id
 by: AlleyCat - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 01:44 UTC

On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 15:17:34 -0800, Nem Tudom says...

> Paywalled. Wanna tell us more?

Not pay-walled and not worth the read. It's a total opinion hatchet piece meant
to smear, not inform.

"And then there's Donald Trump, who, despite being the only candidate who has
officially announced his bid, is . . . well, ranting like a deranged hobo in a
dilapidated public park. No, don't look at him - he might come over here with
his sign."

Does THAT look like objective "reporting"?

Ladies and Gentlemen... I give you the Democrats' best: Old-Rich-White-
Religious Freak, Joe Biden

Or As Old-Rich-White-Religious Freak, Joe Biden Would Say: "Labadies and
Gntlmn... I gve yu the Dmcrts' bst."

=====

Truinnerashuvaduprezure!

https://i.imgur.com/SMF90st.mp4

https://youtu.be/Slm5bvO-_5I

=====

Joe Bidden Completely Forgets What He's Talking About In Excruciating Press
Conference
https://youtu.be/SdfvIvYPPRo?t=32

Joe Biden Gets Completely LOST in Middle of a Story
https://rumble.com/vgbxnh-joe-biden-gets-completely-lost-in-middle-of-a-
story.html?mref=22lbp&mc=56yab

Biden tries to explain the Covid bill. This moron is President? Wow.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1368292670372683776

Biden's Dementia Flares Up, Has Complete Mental Short-Circuit During Speech
https://rumble.com/ve8jlz-biden-briefly-malfunctions-again.html

Out-Performed Every Presidential Challenger In US History?
https://twitter.com/i/status/1364024001736155144

Joe Biden: You Just Wonder
https://youtu.be/Uj0ccJgJsPA

Joe Biden Fumbles Through Speech
https://youtu.be/0xwoaagXFyU

Joe Biden Embarrassingly Delivers his WORST Speech while 'President Elect'
https://youtu.be/oHI__YneMuE

Barely There Biden Makes No Sense
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxxAyHgBiNU

Joe Biden Stumbles, Makes No Sense
https://youtu.be/X1byHpkSmYc

Joe Biden Makes No Sense, Forgets When The 1918 Flu Pandemic Occurred
https://youtu.be/vt7WPjsYl44

Joe Biden making Zer0 sense
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYch-1fRhiE

Joe Biden Told Voters To "Go To" A Phone Number. Now, He Still Makes Zero
Sense!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg4OUk0qyWM

Re: National Review Tells It Like It Is

<5md6thd0d684bg0e1vd31m2p8huv5mkp0h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=25993&group=alt.politics#25993

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 21:29:22 -0500
 by: Governor Swill - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 02:29 UTC

On 26 Jan 2023 23:05:21 -0000, bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
wrote:

> | Trump Has Completely Lost His Grip on Reality
><https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/01/trump-has-completely-lost-his-grip-on-reality/>
>
> --bks

"And then there’s Donald Trump, who, despite being the only candidate
who has officially announced his bid, is . . . well, ranting like a
deranged hobo in a dilapidated public park. No, don’t look at him — he
might come over here with his sign."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Swill
--
The difference between Jesus and Trump is, Jesus took his beating like
a man.

Glory to the heroes! Glory to Ukraine.!

Re: National Review Tells It Like It Is

<3pd6th9g3hr0g1vomr617ujot6prb34cai@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=25994&group=alt.politics#25994

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 21:34:34 -0500
 by: Governor Swill - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 02:34 UTC

On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 15:17:34 -0800, Nem Tudom <under@stand.ing> wrote:

>On 1/26/2023 3:05 PM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
>> |
>> | Trump Has Completely Lost His Grip on Reality
>> <https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/01/trump-has-completely-lost-his-grip-on-reality/>
>
>Paywalled. Wanna tell us more?

Done.

Trump Has Completely Lost His Grip on Reality

The former president’s deterioration is on full display in the Truth
Social asylum he built for himself.

Let’s check in on the shadow primary for the 2024 Republican
nomination. Nikki Haley is putting together a finance committee, and
suggested last week that she’s “leaning in” to a run. Mike Pompeo has
just published a book called Never Give an Inch, and told CBS
yesterday that he’ll decide whether to enter the fray over the “next
handful of months.” Governor Ron DeSantis has continued to pick
winning fights in Florida since being reelected in a November
landslide, and has stayed assiduously quiet about his future.

And then there’s Donald Trump, who, despite being the only candidate
who has officially announced his bid, is . . . well, ranting like a
deranged hobo in a dilapidated public park. No, don’t look at him — he
might come over here with his sign.

There was a point in time at which Trump’s unusual verbal affect and
singular nose for underutilized wedge issues gave him a competitive
edge. Now? Now, he’s morphing into one of the three witches from
Macbeth. To peruse Trump’s account on Truth Social is to meet a cast
of characters about whom nobody who lives beyond the Trump Extended
Universe could possibly care one whit. Here in the real world, the
border is a catastrophe, inflation is as bad as it’s been in four
decades, interest rates have risen to their highest level in 15 years,
crime is on the up, and the debt continues to mushroom. And yet,
safely ensconced within his own macrocosm, Trump is busy mainlining
Edward Lear. Day in, day out, he rambles about the adventures of Coco
Chow and the Old Broken Crow; the dastardly Unselect Committee; the
(presumably tasty) Stollen Presidential Election; the travails of that
famous law-enforcement agency, the Gestopo; Joe Scarborough’s wife
“Mike”; and other unusual characters from Coromandel. “Where the early
pumpkins blow / In the middle of the woods / Lived the
Yonghy-Bonghy-Bò / Who STOLLE THE ELECTION / Don’t you know?”

These characters come and go as the world passes indifferently by. But
Trump’s heroism remains the one constant. It is the dream of any
artist to play both performer and critic, and, on Truth Social, Trump
is living the dream. At times, his penchant for self-elevation makes
God’s declaration in Genesis “that it was good” look positively
bashful. Apropos of nothing, he will declare to himself: “‘TRUMP WAS
RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING’ One of [sic] most often used current phrases
or statements. Wow, such a magnificent compliment. Thank you!” Other
evaluations are equally gushing. His appraisal of the social-media
company of which he is the sole potentate: “TRUTH SOCIAL IS SOOO
GREAT!” His review of his golfing abilities in a competition that,
astonishingly enough, he managed to win despite missing its first day:
“Competed against many fine golfers, and was hitting the ball long and
straight,” which “in a very real way . . . serves as a physical exam,
only MUCH tougher.” His assessment of his presidency, and of the 2020
election that he lost by millions of votes: “I did a GREAT job as
President, maybe the best.” And then: “I Ran twice, did much better
the second time (Rigged Election!)” I tell ya, Charley, I coulda been
a contender.

Throughout his public career, Trump has resembled nothing so much as a
drunken talk-radio caller from Queens, and, on Truth Social, readers
get the treat of watching him at the zenith of his rhetorical powers.
Nobody — and I mean nobody — can shift gears as fast as Donald J.
Trump. One moment he’s proposing that the solution to the Supreme
Court leak is to “arrest the reporter, publisher, editor—you’ll get
your answer fast,” or, if that fails, “put whoever in jail.” The next,
he’s describing the prosecution of his business associate, Allen
Weisselberg, as “the greatest Witch Hunt of all time.” His repertoire
is unmatched — and unmatchable. He can do edgy insult comedy for the
people listening in at the bar: “The reporter was a shaky &
unattractive wack job, known as ‘tough’ but dumb as a rock.” He can
make numbers up off the top of his head: “The change in the Election
was Complete & Total, with Millions of votes switched, at least 17%.”
He can use hyperbolic analogies: “Our Country is SICK inside, very
much like a person dying of Cancer.” He can even do angry: “May he Rot
In Hell!” He can do anything.

Anything, that is, except focus on the world outside — where the
problems that Donald Trump once used to propel himself into the White
House remain real and pressing, whether or not he chooses to engage
with them.

Swill
--
Trump and his MAGA nitwits don't know it yet but they've all been
politically castrated.

Glory to the heroes! Glory to Ukraine!

Re: National Review Tells It Like It Is

<962cneAs-NCA2U7-nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=25995&group=alt.politics#25995

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans
From: 26C.Z...@noaada.net (26C.Z968)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 22:25:15 -0500
 by: 26C.Z968 - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 03:25 UTC

On 1/26/23 8:44 PM, AlleyCat wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 15:17:34 -0800, Nem Tudom says...
>
>> Paywalled. Wanna tell us more?
>
> Not pay-walled and not worth the read. It's a total opinion hatchet piece meant
> to smear, not inform.
>
> "And then there's Donald Trump, who, despite being the only candidate who has
> officially announced his bid, is . . . well, ranting like a deranged hobo in a
> dilapidated public park. No, don't look at him - he might come over here with
> his sign."
>
> Does THAT look like objective "reporting"?

No, it's a hatchet-job on Trump. HOWEVER ... he kinda
DESERVES it. I'd say the opinion was largely correct.

Trump is NOT the choice for 2024. The only reason we have
Joe is because HE WASN'T TRUMP. The only reason GOP can
lose in 2024 is to run Trump again.

Oh, and listening to him the past couple of years, I really
think his brain is going down the same path as Joe's. That's
my honest opinion. He DID have a bad case of Covid and Covid
CAN accelerate dementia ......

So far, DeSantis looks like the best choice by far.
That COULD change however. He's kinda low-key and
if the Dems bring out some Star Power like HRC or
Michelle Obama then a more charismatic personality
will be required as the counter-move. Who ?

Trump needs to take a step or two back, become the 'Yoda'
of MAGA instead of its front man. His personality got him
elected, and then quickly became his downfall. This is
the political reality - so DEAL.

Re: National Review Tells It Like It Is

<tr1f8h$1rl8c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26001&group=alt.politics#26001

From: poth...@snakebite.com (pothead)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 21:21:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: pothead - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 21:21 UTC

On 2023-01-27, 26C.Z968 <26C.Z968@noaada.net> wrote:
> On 1/26/23 8:44 PM, AlleyCat wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 15:17:34 -0800, Nem Tudom says...
>>
>>> Paywalled. Wanna tell us more?
>>
>> Not pay-walled and not worth the read. It's a total opinion hatchet piece meant
>> to smear, not inform.
>>
>> "And then there's Donald Trump, who, despite being the only candidate who has
>> officially announced his bid, is . . . well, ranting like a deranged hobo in a
>> dilapidated public park. No, don't look at him - he might come over here with
>> his sign."
>>
>> Does THAT look like objective "reporting"?
>
> No, it's a hatchet-job on Trump. HOWEVER ... he kinda
> DESERVES it. I'd say the opinion was largely correct.

Trump does tend to say stupid things but at least he knows who is wife is and the name of the VP.
Trump would do better if he cut back on the attacks ie:lock her up, kind of crap and stick to the
facts. Push the USA first in everything.

> Trump is NOT the choice for 2024. The only reason we have
> Joe is because HE WASN'T TRUMP. The only reason GOP can
> lose in 2024 is to run Trump again.

Ironically, that's how we got Trump in 2016. Hillary was such a horrible candidate and at that time
people were sick of the Clintons in general.

> Oh, and listening to him the past couple of years, I really
> think his brain is going down the same path as Joe's. That's
> my honest opinion. He DID have a bad case of Covid and Covid
> CAN accelerate dementia ......

I disagree.
Joe is clearly really mentally challenged. Jill had to rescue him the other day. He couldn't
remember the name of his secretary of defense etc.
I don't think Joe knows what planet he lives on.
He's in very bad shape and it shows every single time he speaks publicly.

Trump is a narcissist and says stupid things but I think he has all of his marbles. He just has to
rearrange them a little better.

> So far, DeSantis looks like the best choice by far.
> That COULD change however. He's kinda low-key and
> if the Dems bring out some Star Power like HRC or
> Michelle Obama then a more charismatic personality
> will be required as the counter-move. Who ?

HRC would be a mistake, but I do believe Michelle Obama could win by a large margin. The problem
she will have is at the rate Joe Biden is destroying the US by the time 2024 rolls around it's
going to be tough to convince voters to vote for more of the left wing policies.
In fact they have had enough already.

People are hard pressed to mention a single thing Joe Biden has done that has been positive for the
American people.

> Trump needs to take a step or two back, become the 'Yoda'
> of MAGA instead of its front man. His personality got him
> elected, and then quickly became his downfall. This is
> the political reality - so DEAL.

I agree.
He went over the top and we ended up with Biden.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.

Re: National Review Tells It Like It Is

<3q_AL.2967236$vSy3.1887616@fx04.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26013&group=alt.politics#26013

From: NoO...@none.com (Nevermind)
Newsgroups: alt.politics
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 00:57:35 GMT
 by: Nevermind - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 00:57 UTC

> On 2023-01-27, 26C.Z968 <26C.Z968@noaada.net> wrote:
> > On 1/26/23 8:44 PM, AlleyCat wrote:
> > >
> > > On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 15:17:34 -0800, Nem Tudom says...

> > > Not pay-walled and not worth the read. It's a total opinion hatchet piece
> > > meant
> > > to smear, not inform.
> > >
> > > "And then there's Donald Trump, who, despite being the only candidate who
> > > has
> > > officially announced his bid, is . . . well, ranting like a deranged hobo
> > > in a
> > > dilapidated public park. No, don't look at him - he might come over here
> > > with
> > > his sign."
> > >
> > > Does THAT look like objective "reporting"?
> >
> > No, it's a hatchet-job on Trump. HOWEVER ... he kinda
> > DESERVES it. I'd say the opinion was largely correct.
>
> Trump does tend to say stupid things but at least he knows who is wife is and
> the name of the VP.
> Trump would do better if he cut back on the attacks ie:lock her up, kind of
> crap and stick to the
> facts. Push the USA first in everything.
>
> > Trump is NOT the choice for 2024. The only reason we have
> > Joe is because HE WASN'T TRUMP. The only reason GOP can
> > lose in 2024 is to run Trump again.
>
> Ironically, that's how we got Trump in 2016. Hillary was such a horrible
> candidate and at that time
> people were sick of the Clintons in general.
>

> > Oh, and listening to him the past couple of years, I really
> > think his brain is going down the same path as Joe's. That's
> > my honest opinion. He DID have a bad case of Covid and Covid
> > CAN accelerate dementia ......

True. Trump, while in court for his deposition, was shown a picture of E Jean Carroll, who Trump said he couldn't have raped because she wasn't his
type, and he identified her as "that's my wife, Marla Maples."

> I disagree.
> Joe is clearly really mentally challenged. Jill had to rescue him the other
> day. He couldn't
> remember the name of his secretary of defense etc.
> I don't think Joe knows what planet he lives on.
> He's in very bad shape and it shows every single time he speaks publicly.
>
> Trump is a narcissist and says stupid things but I think he has all of his
> marbles. He just has to
> rearrange them a little better.
>

> > So far, DeSantis looks like the best choice by far.
> > That COULD change however. He's kinda low-key and
> > if the Dems bring out some Star Power like HRC or
> > Michelle Obama then a more charismatic personality
> > will be required as the counter-move. Who ?
>
> HRC would be a mistake, but I do believe Michelle Obama could win by a large
> margin. The problem
> she will have is at the rate Joe Biden is destroying the US by the time 2024
> rolls around it's
> going to be tough to convince voters to vote for more of the left wing
> policies.
> In fact they have had enough already.
>
> People are hard pressed to mention a single thing Joe Biden has done that has
> been positive for the
> American people.

Maybe people who don't read the news.

> > Trump needs to take a step or two back, become the 'Yoda'
> > of MAGA instead of its front man. His personality got him
> > elected, and then quickly became his downfall. This is
> > the political reality - so DEAL.
>
> I agree.
> He went over the top and we ended up with Biden.
>

> --
> pothead
> Tommy Chong For President 2024.
> Crazy Joe Biden Is A Demented Imbecile.
> Impeach Joe Biden 2022.

Re: National Review Tells It Like It Is

<0i69thl4fett6jcvkhfo0h7mjaidpfih05@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26014&group=alt.politics#26014

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 22:45:27 -0500
 by: Governor Swill - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 03:45 UTC

On Fri, 27 Jan 2023 21:21:21 -0000 (UTC), pothead
<pothead@snakebite.com> wrote:

>On 2023-01-27, 26C.Z968 <26C.Z968@noaada.net> wrote:
>> On 1/26/23 8:44 PM, AlleyCat wrote:
>>>
>>> On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 15:17:34 -0800, Nem Tudom says...

>>> Not pay-walled and not worth the read. It's a total opinion hatchet piece meant
>>> to smear, not inform.

Your humor chip has burned out again.

Swill
--
When the local cops have shown up at the range here to shoot,
most of us pack up our gear and leave. - max headroom

Glory to the Heroes! Glory to Ukraine!

Re: National Review Tells It Like It Is

<Rbydna-h_uj9P0n-nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26016&group=alt.politics#26016

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans
From: 26C.Z...@noaada.net (26C.Z968)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 23:19:43 -0500
 by: 26C.Z968 - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 04:19 UTC

On 1/27/23 4:21 PM, pothead wrote:
> On 2023-01-27, 26C.Z968 <26C.Z968@noaada.net> wrote:
>> On 1/26/23 8:44 PM, AlleyCat wrote:
>>>
>>> On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 15:17:34 -0800, Nem Tudom says...

>>> Not pay-walled and not worth the read. It's a total opinion hatchet piece meant
>>> to smear, not inform.
>>>
>>> "And then there's Donald Trump, who, despite being the only candidate who has
>>> officially announced his bid, is . . . well, ranting like a deranged hobo in a
>>> dilapidated public park. No, don't look at him - he might come over here with
>>> his sign."
>>>
>>> Does THAT look like objective "reporting"?
>>
>> No, it's a hatchet-job on Trump. HOWEVER ... he kinda
>> DESERVES it. I'd say the opinion was largely correct.
>
> Trump does tend to say stupid things but at least he knows who is wife is and the name of the VP.
> Trump would do better if he cut back on the attacks ie:lock her up, kind of crap and stick to the
> facts. Push the USA first in everything.
>
>> Trump is NOT the choice for 2024. The only reason we have
>> Joe is because HE WASN'T TRUMP. The only reason GOP can
>> lose in 2024 is to run Trump again.
>
> Ironically, that's how we got Trump in 2016. Hillary was such a horrible candidate and at that time
> people were sick of the Clintons in general.
>

>> Oh, and listening to him the past couple of years, I really
>> think his brain is going down the same path as Joe's. That's
>> my honest opinion. He DID have a bad case of Covid and Covid
>> CAN accelerate dementia ......
>
> I disagree.
> Joe is clearly really mentally challenged. Jill had to rescue him the other day. He couldn't
> remember the name of his secretary of defense etc.
> I don't think Joe knows what planet he lives on.
> He's in very bad shape and it shows every single time he speaks publicly.
>
> Trump is a narcissist and says stupid things but I think he has all of his marbles. He just has to
> rearrange them a little better.
>

>> So far, DeSantis looks like the best choice by far.
>> That COULD change however. He's kinda low-key and
>> if the Dems bring out some Star Power like HRC or
>> Michelle Obama then a more charismatic personality
>> will be required as the counter-move. Who ?
>
> HRC would be a mistake, but I do believe Michelle Obama could win by a large margin. The problem
> she will have is at the rate Joe Biden is destroying the US by the time 2024 rolls around it's
> going to be tough to convince voters to vote for more of the left wing policies.
> In fact they have had enough already.
>
> People are hard pressed to mention a single thing Joe Biden has done that has been positive for the
> American people.
>

>> Trump needs to take a step or two back, become the 'Yoda'
>> of MAGA instead of its front man. His personality got him
>> elected, and then quickly became his downfall. This is
>> the political reality - so DEAL.
>
> I agree.
> He went over the top and we ended up with Biden.

It may be strategic to schedule the Republican Convention just
a bit AFTER the DNCs. That way IF they run M.Obama they can
quickly pivot to a more 'charismatic' choice.

But they've gotta HAVE that backup charismatist in the wings.

The DNC kinda did the same thing in 1960 - JFK had the vibe
that could beat a known-quantity like Nixon.

Trump has just become more and more wild in the past couple
of years. He really IS starting to sound like a senile ranter
at this point. Maybe there was just enough cheating to get
Joe elected - but it SHOULD have been a slam-dunk election
for him, Joe losing by the proverbial mile, beyond the help
of any cheating.

Sorry, but Trump just CAN'T be the candidate.

And it's time to have two or three good ones on the shelf,
vetted and well-advertised, ready to go. This is critical
political strategy, the 'war' that's gone on since the
beginning.

Re: National Review Tells It Like It Is

<XnsAF9A58E06A7B1noemailcomcastnet@69.80.102.49>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26022&group=alt.politics#26022

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans
From: noem...@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 14:54:31 +0000
 by: Mitchell Holman - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 14:54 UTC

"26C.Z968" <26C.Z968@noaada.net> wrote in

> [...]
>>> the political reality - so DEAL.
>>
>> I agree.
>> He went over the top and we ended up with Biden.
>
> It may be strategic to schedule the Republican Convention just
> a bit AFTER the DNCs. That way IF they run M.Obama they can
> quickly pivot to a more 'charismatic' choice.
>
> But they've gotta HAVE that backup charismatist in the wings.
>
> The DNC kinda did the same thing in 1960 - JFK had the vibe
> that could beat a known-quantity like Nixon.
>
> Trump has just become more and more wild in the past couple
> of years. He really IS starting to sound like a senile ranter
> at this point. Maybe there was just enough cheating to get
> Joe elected - but it SHOULD have been a slam-dunk election
> for him, Joe losing by the proverbial mile, beyond the help
> of any cheating.
>
> Sorry, but Trump just CAN'T be the candidate.

The Republican Party sold itself to Trump
entirely. They worship Trump, they believe in
Trump, and they do anything to appease Trump.
Even when Trump insults and berates them career
Republicans just lap it up, Ted Cruz just being
one example.

Why else, for example, is the Republican
party paying private citizen Trump's legal bills?

The Republican Party is paying millions
for Trump�s legal bills.
Dec 29, 2021
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/the-republican-party-is-paying-
millions-for-trumps-legal-bills-heres-why

Re: National Review Tells It Like It Is

<10acth1tprb5ek26n71vd8qv2iifpvvkvc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26031&group=alt.politics#26031

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 03:04:40 -0500
 by: Governor Swill - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 08:04 UTC

On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 14:54:31 +0000, Mitchell Holman wrote:

> The Republican Party sold itself to Trump
>entirely. They worship Trump, they believe in
>Trump, and they do anything to appease Trump.

Not all of them. There's considerable, if quiet, resistance to
Trumpism.

>Even when Trump insults and berates them career
>Republicans just lap it up, Ted Cruz just being
>one example.

An example of a Republican who thinks the cannot win an election
without clinging to Trump's coattails.

> Why else, for example, is the Republican
>party paying private citizen Trump's legal bills?

They aren't anymore.

Swill
--
A Week In the [Short] Life of a Russian Tank Commander

o You finish one month tank training course.
o You are sent to fight in "special military operation."
o Colonel Fuckoffski informs you that you are fighting NATO Main
Battle Tanks
o When you ask what kinds and how many, he responds, "Da."
o He further informs you they are designed to fight modernized T-72's
and T-90's
o You are assigned an unmodernized T62
o Crew informs you main gun not working due to stolen copper wiring
o Voices with Ukrainian accents start making cat noises over open
comms - Klaus Schadenfreude

Glory to the Heroes! Glory to Ukraine!

Slava Ukraina!

Re: National Review Tells It Like It Is

<tr5u32$2ph0u$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=26033&group=alt.politics#26033

From: Rockingh...@amgen.com (Rockinghorse Winner)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 13:58:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Rockinghorse Winner - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 13:58 UTC

On 2023-01-27, 26C.Z968 <26C.Z968@noaada.net> wrote:
> On 1/26/23 8:44 PM, AlleyCat wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 15:17:34 -0800, Nem Tudom says...
>>
>>> Paywalled. Wanna tell us more?
>>
>> Not pay-walled and not worth the read. It's a total opinion hatchet piece meant
>> to smear, not inform.
>>
>> "And then there's Donald Trump, who, despite being the only candidate who has
>> officially announced his bid, is . . . well, ranting like a deranged hobo in a
>> dilapidated public park. No, don't look at him - he might come over here with
>> his sign."
>>
>> Does THAT look like objective "reporting"?
>
> No, it's a hatchet-job on Trump. HOWEVER ... he kinda
> DESERVES it. I'd say the opinion was largely correct.
>
> Trump is NOT the choice for 2024. The only reason we have
> Joe is because HE WASN'T TRUMP. The only reason GOP can
> lose in 2024 is to run Trump again.
>
> Oh, and listening to him the past couple of years, I really
> think his brain is going down the same path as Joe's. That's
> my honest opinion. He DID have a bad case of Covid and Covid
> CAN accelerate dementia ......
>
> So far, DeSantis looks like the best choice by far.
> That COULD change however. He's kinda low-key and
> if the Dems bring out some Star Power like HRC or
> Michelle Obama then a more charismatic personality
> will be required as the counter-move. Who ?
>
> Trump needs to take a step or two back, become the 'Yoda'
> of MAGA instead of its front man. His personality got him
> elected, and then quickly became his downfall. This is
> the political reality - so DEAL.

100%

--
"Many have sought in vain to tell joyously of the Most Joyous; now at last
it declares Itself to me, now in this misery." -Holderlin